Hach Employee Reviews

Good Company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 8, 2017
I alway liked the company.The people there were very nice and I got alone with everyone. The hours were great and the days I worked were good days.Management was great and I learned alot.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
I had no cons
Lots of very engaged people, plenty of responsibility
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 27, 2017
Hach is one of dozens of medium-sized businesses owned by the very-large Danaher Corporation. Fast-paced and always challenging work.
No real leadership
ETS (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 3, 2016
everything with the Ames plant is poor, from leadership to quality control and documentation, training. Hard to imagine they make money this way. Benefits are sub-par and pay is low end for Ames. Team leaders have no training. They seem desperate to hire as many recent hires are felons,
Pros
Free food
Cons
poor training, unsafe environment, chemicals everywhere. No leadership
Competitive Environment
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 14, 2016
Electronic Assembly for water filtration systems, sensors.
They were then used outside of the country wherever in the world the water quality is poor.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No benefits
Plenty of responsibility and opportunity to advance and learn.
Production Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 26, 2016
I have been at Hach for 14 months now. I've advanced within the company with opportunity to do so more in the future. It has plenty of opportunity to be an impact in and out of your department.
Challenging and fast paced work environment
Lead Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Township, OHApril 18, 2016
The Lead Field Service position was a balance of technical work and supervising/managing employees in a fast paced environment. The equipment that was repaired and serviced was analytical located in the field and in the lab. The equipment was used for water quality analysis and was instrumental for customers in helping to meet strict local and federal regulations. I also managed 15-20 individuals within the territory and worked closely with my divisional manager to enhance my skills and become a better leader and manager. The goal was to improve on the technical aptitude and efficiency of the technicians in order to best serve the customers and make them the best technicians they could be. I tracked numerous metrics and analyzed the data to see where improvements could be made both with the technicians and within the business model. This helped to not only provide superior customer service with qualified technicians but it allowed us to grow the business.The hardest part about the job was finding a good work life to personal life balance as it was a demanding job with a lot of travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others to become better at what they do.
Engaged
Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 26, 2016
There is a true engagement of management to associates, however it at times feels more like "big brother". There is general loyalty amongst associates who have tenure with Hach. Management is top heavy and influenced by the parent company business models (Danaher). There seems to be split decisions amongst associates on if it's good or bad. The people who work here are good, solid people. They work hard and do what needs to be done to reach goals. Decent salaries, good benefits. Work/life balance varies depending on the department you work in.
Pros
Mission is on point. Onsite cafeteria.
Cons
Older facilities, crowded work spaces. "Lean" departments makes double the work for some.
Hach is a tightly ran ship, median pay, revolving door, great co workers, you will be over worked.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 21, 2016
not good not bad, no training, some coworkers couldn't read, listen, or see and your not given addiquit tools to support them.

Managers say they value your input but disregard it as soon as you suggest it, upper management wants input about their department during reviews but tells you to go through your manager to relay that information to him....your manager will disregard what you say and doesn't talk about it....

There is a very very huge communication issue as this company...

Wages are decided by unethical practices that every corporation follows in regards to deciding fair pay...(Just because one company pays bare minimum doesn't mean you should match that)

This job is very stressful.

My co workers were semi professional with work ethic at most.

If you want to work for a company where every manager and co worker understand the real world and what it means to function with realistic goals and plans this is something the company is good at except sales....they project to high.
Pros
Every employee and manager gets reality and is very understanding.
Cons
some co workers couldn't read, listen, or see and you are not given addiquit tools to support them.
Rapidly growing company ran like a small mom and pop shop
Export Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 19, 2016
My time at Hach was overall a waste. Lots of favoritism, specially in the credit department. The credit manager is great but AR/AP supervisors not so much. If you are not a personal friend of theirs you will be stuck doing all the work their friends don't want to do. The equipment is outdated and old. I had to buy my own keyboard, mouse, calander, and office supplies. HR department is a huge mess and has a very high turnover rate. I started at 35,500, got a raise a few months later which put me at 38k, and was making 40,500 when I quit last week. Customer support agents make close to 50k. Good job if you just want to make your money and go home. But if your looking for a career, this is not the place.
Pros
Credit Manager is awesome
Cons
Lots of Favoritism
Bad Place to Work
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 10, 2016
I am overall unhappy with everything this company has to offer, which is honestly nothing. There is no safety first and people including management( especially management) are rude. The atmosphere is very unsave and unhealthy. I regret ever accepting a contracting position with Hach. I would look anywhere else for employment if I knew what I was getting myself into. Not to mention that place is extremely cheap. No contract buyouts, no equipment replacement, and just run down and nasty.
Pros
No pros
Cons
bad benefits, no safety, bad management, no competitive wages....
Great company with superior products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2016
Great company with a superior products. 60 years in business and an industry leader. Direct sales to end users, engineering firms, integrators and OEMS.
Stable and positive work environment
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday there was a new and fun challenge. The management team excelled at making their employees feel appreciated. Although the work can get repetitive the customers were able to always put a smile on my face.
Temp employee
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 7, 2015
I like working there. It seemed everyone was very unhappy with management. I was a year long temp so never an actual employee. Lots a good people at the lower and middle levels.
Production Lead
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 12, 2015
I couldn't work for them because they wanted everyone to work 6 day's a week and there was not accountability for anything that one did.
Good company to grow in
CNC Machines / Plastic injection molding operator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 17, 2015
My typical Day started showing up early and getting with the previous operator on the CNC machine I was scheduled to run that day. I finished the job that was currently on the machine and prepared the next job ahead of time to set up and run next. I had experience also on setting up plastic injection molding machines as well.
Pros
Good Company to make a career in
Cons
Good company to work for
Information Developer II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 12, 2015
Good company to work for. Owned by Danaher so they use the Danaher Business System quality processes. Employees encouraged to continually improve and use the DBS processes in daily work.
Great company
Mid-Atlantic Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mid Atlantic Region - PA,MD,NJ,DE,DC, VA, NYMarch 5, 2015
Worked on all Homeland security water panels , worked in many different environments including Pharma, Energy and Defense sites
Pros
My own boss
Cons
advancement in CO
Area Manager, Plastics and Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 28, 2014
Average company. Driving toward improvement happens sometimes without truly analyzing better paths,.
Lost it's former glory as a premier place to work in Ames due to mis-management.
Packer II (Former Employee) –  Ames, IowaJune 21, 2014
A typical day includes working overtime, only to be told that you are getting further and further behind.

At Hach, it's not what you know, but who you know.

Military-style management is not aligned with the corporate vision.

Coworkers are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

Hardest part of the job is having to listen to supervisors who can't do the job themselves.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out for the day.
Pros
If you keep your mouth shut and your head down you could have a job there for a long time.
Cons
You could one day earn enough money there to get you axed when they need to cut costs.
HR Assistant and Reception did not fully utilize my skills and abilities
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 19, 2013
Met lots of people and greeted lots of people. Easy and relaxed pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hach. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8