Hach Employee Reviews

Stable and positive work environment
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday there was a new and fun challenge. The management team excelled at making their employees feel appreciated. Although the work can get repetitive the customers were able to always put a smile on my face.
Temp employee
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 7, 2015
I like working there. It seemed everyone was very unhappy with management. I was a year long temp so never an actual employee. Lots a good people at the lower and middle levels.
Production Lead
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 12, 2015
I couldn't work for them because they wanted everyone to work 6 day's a week and there was not accountability for anything that one did.
Good company to grow in
CNC Machines / Plastic injection molding operator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 17, 2015
My typical Day started showing up early and getting with the previous operator on the CNC machine I was scheduled to run that day. I finished the job that was currently on the machine and prepared the next job ahead of time to set up and run next. I had experience also on setting up plastic injection molding machines as well.
Pros
Good Company to make a career in
Cons
Good company to work for
Information Developer II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 12, 2015
Good company to work for. Owned by Danaher so they use the Danaher Business System quality processes. Employees encouraged to continually improve and use the DBS processes in daily work.
Great company
Mid-Atlantic Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mid Atlantic Region - PA,MD,NJ,DE,DC, VA, NYMarch 5, 2015
Worked on all Homeland security water panels , worked in many different environments including Pharma, Energy and Defense sites
Pros
my own boss
Cons
advancement in co
Area Manager, Plastics and Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 28, 2014
Average company. Driving toward improvement happens sometimes without truly analyzing better paths,.
Lost it's former glory as a premier place to work in Ames due to mis-management.
Packer II (Former Employee) –  Ames, IowaJune 21, 2014
A typical day includes working overtime, only to be told that you are getting further and further behind.

At Hach, it's not what you know, but who you know.

Military-style management is not aligned with the corporate vision.

Coworkers are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

Hardest part of the job is having to listen to supervisors who can't do the job themselves.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out for the day.
Pros
if you keep your mouth shut and your head down you could have a job there for a long time.
Cons
you could one day earn enough money there to get you axed when they need to cut costs.
HR Assistant and Reception did not fully utilize my skills and abilities
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 19, 2013
Met lots of people and greeted lots of people. Easy and relaxed pace.
Very fast past job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 23, 2013
I learned how to hand pack and how to become a slitter operator. Managment was very strict on the rules. There wasn't really any hard part to it. Co-works were good, and the most enjoyable times were handpacking and breaks.
Pros
lunch
Cons
strict managment
What I liked the most about Hach is the sense of family and urgency equally observed by all. Hach's products are very impresive..
Export Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 28, 2013
Hach Co is located in Colorado. It is a scientific company. The diversity of uses for their producti is impressive. I have always being interested in having clean water for us and for new generations to come. Hach's product gave me an insight of the water condition around our planet. My responsibility at Hach was to work for the credit/ export department. I got to know all my co-workers; a fine group of nice ladies and a gentleman, They were all very good in their doing jobs and treated each other as family. That was nice. I got to watch the Finance Manager of the company; I liked his management style. He felt comfortable dealing in groups as he gave the chance for everyone to ask questions. Majority of the employees working for Hach are long time employees. Meaning; working there, it felt as if I was working in a small city. Their Kitchen was one the bes; it offered delicious and cheap food. Hach became even a better place to work for as the drive from home was beautiful, it was hard to no take time to get there. Then, as all good things come to an end, I had to relocate back to Los Angeles were I am now.
Pros
friendly people. nice big kitchen with cheap & good food. understanding and hard wroking boss.
Cons
there were no cons.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 26, 2013
I learned that when there are no jobs, they can treat you badly and pay you even less..... People I worked with were some of the best people I have met, but we were all treated like second rate citizens. We worked as hard as we could, but were told it wasn't fast enough. Mostly because their order's were so big and there were not enough people to accomplish such a high quota.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
low pay

Comment – June 28, 2013

Every person can have the same experience but each will digest the outcome different; depending on their backgrounds and upbringing. Therefore, I have no comment..

It`s Hach
Operator III, Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 13, 2012
Not a bad place but no longer a great place to work at.Good benifits,
Pros
good benifits