Hackensack University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Tough Work but a good place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 25, 2017
I really enjoy my time at the center . Staff may not be the nicest at times but upper management is wonderful. The pay is much better than other childcare centers , however not the best .
Lots of opportunity for advancemt
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 23, 2017
I've worked here for 7 years and have found it's a great place to work. Plenty of opprtunity to advance your career. Benefits and compensation are best in the area.
Productive, working hard group of people who truly cares for their patients and colleagues.
Oncology Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 23, 2017
Caring, knowledgeable, professionals, conscientious, highly skilled, productive, hard working, encouraged nurses and ancillaries in career advancements.
Hackensack UMC
Reconciliation Representative/Cash posting (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 22, 2017
HUMC is a wonderful place to work for. The benefits are amazing and the pay is really competitive. The only downside of this job is honestly the parking. Everything else is amazing.
Pros
pay
fast paced
Medical Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 17, 2017
Must have rapid learning ability. Must be able to work alone, think of ways to make you job easier to complete assignments in a timely manner. Must be a people person.
It was fine
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 9, 2017
I was an intern so I was't paid or offered any benefits so U can't comment on those things. I was only here for a few months but it seemed like a nice place t work.
High Risk Antepartum/ Mother Baby Unit
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 7, 2017
Responsible for ADL's.
Caring for mother's and there newborn babies.
Taking Vital signs and checking blood glucose levels.
Reports to charge nurse.
Workplace culture
RN Emergency Trauma Dept/Observation Unit (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 26, 2017
-Great learning and career building environment
-As a staff nurse, I learned to enhance my skill set and clinical competencies by pursuing continuing education. I learned about adaptability, fast clinical decision making, treatment protocols, diagnostic testing, customer service recovery, keeping a positive attitude, and the importance of consistency and efficiency of collaboration with all members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to deliver high quality patient care to patients and their families
-Most enjoyable part is working with the best team members and making a difference in the lives of patients and families
Great place to work.
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 22, 2017
Very busy hospital. Good cooperation and teamwork between departments and testing areas. Flexible schedule. Great Cafeteria but expensive. Clean environment. Good technology.
Pros
monthly department events.
Cons
short breaks. low pay
Needs work
Nurse Practitioner - Acute Surgical Service (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 21, 2017
I workded there for several years. The majority of the staff were great to work with. Management needs an overhaul. They do not care about employees or their well being. I was almost killed on the way home from work one day along with my child and they could care less. NOBODY called to see how we were doing. That's digraceful déclassé. I wouldn't recommend that place to anyone.
Pros
Free coffee
great placeto work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 19, 2017
I have learned a lot and enjoy working there. Has good benefits. I work a lot of on call hours so looking to not take call anymore. People are friendly.
Fast paced
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 14, 2017
Need to be able to multi task at a fast pace. Speak clearly on the phone and to patients that enter the office. Able to read MDs scripture. Able to take criticism. Otherwise it is a great place to work. There are many different nationalities with very interesting cultures. Many compassionate people and employees.
Pros
Suggest your hours
Cons
Keeping current magazines in the waiting rooms
Very intense work atmosphere
Financial Analyst of Joint Venture Finance (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 9, 2017
Management needs an overhaul. The current manager of the Joint Venture team eliminates people as if they were cattle. I believe someone needs to look into and reevaluate her being in that position.
Pros
Work day ends a 4:30pm
Cons
Manager is cold
Experienced staff in well-respected hospital
Pediatric Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 2, 2017
Well-run department. Adequate gym space with private rooms for children that need a smaller space. Opportunities to work outpatient and inpatient, including NICU.
Working together and solve many issues.
Client Service/Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJ 07601February 23, 2017
Working here was a little bit stressful because you were dealing with people that took care of patients. Since the HIPPA laws are very punishable, I always maintained a straight line. I learned to compose myself under stress and calm doctors that wants resolution right away. When you do your job properly, at the end of the year if the evaluation is good, there would be nice Bonus.
Pros
I got to meet many good people from patients to doctors.
Cons
You have to keep lots of documentation.
Awesome .
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 14, 2017
It was an awesome experience. I love the work environment my coworkers are friendly . Its a company where you can grow and network.
Unlimited amount of areas to move forward
ETC Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 2, 2017
• Transporting patients to exams
• Delivering and picking blood for critical patients
• Stocking medical carts in patient’s rooms
• Helping to meet patient’s needs so they are comfortable(customer service)
Pros
unlimited amount of opportunities, many things to learn, and great coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Team work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 2, 2017
Learn to work together within the unit and team. Communication with one another and time management is what I learned. A typical day at work is busy, but it is expected. I learned to prioritize my work and reach out to the team to help one another.
Best place I've worked so far in NJ.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 30, 2017
The good: nurses work with each other and doctors work with the nurses. 3 12-hour shifts.
The bad: A lot of floating, almost always on 3 instead of 4 nurses per night shift making the nurse:patient ratio as 1:5. Not good when the unit is all heavy-workload patients.

There is a culture where nurses go behind one's back and tell things to the manager which could have been dealt with in other ways. But I guess that happens to nearly all hospitals.
Hackensack is a good institution to work for. Very busy enviornment and a lot of room for growth.
Charge RN, clinical level II ETC (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJ 07601January 30, 2017
Humc is a good institution to work for. The pay and benefits are good. It is very demanding job but you can learn a lot. There is a lot of room for growth and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2