Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working as a volunteer, the staff and employees are wonderful to work with.
Volunteer-Courier (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: They would give us a dinner honoring us every year, which was nice.
Cons: We have to pay for our meal at the cafeteria (they would give us a voucher, but it was not enough to cover the full cost of the meal).
I was a volunteer, so their was no compensation, but I thoroughly enjoyed working there. The other volunteers were very nice, and the other employees were always so appreciative of everything the volunteers did for them, that really made the work worth it.
Work Environment
PACS Administrator (Current Employee), Westwood, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great staff, great patient care, Clean environment
Cons: Healthcare, salary
-Great place to work from ground-up, I was able to learn a lot in understanding what goes in bringing a hospital from scratch.
-Pleasure to work with a good set of staff that's always willing to do more than expected, always looking out for the interest of the patient.
-Hospital is always looking to improve standards of care and build better relations with the staff.
-Wish to learn more within the organization to better my career path.
Great teaching Hospital
CT Technologist (Current Employee), HAckensack, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Distance to work. I walk to work in 7 minutes.
Cons: Not enough recognition or compensation by management for all the hard work put forth.
HackesnsackUMC is fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. I definitely learned a lot while working here, especially working with trauma. It's a great teaching hospital and I get along great with the people I work with. Hardest part of this job would be the weekends, where you're doing the same volume of work, with less co-workers. the most enjoyable part of my job, would be my coworkers. They make a very tough day look easy we a re a team.
Exciting and teaching hosital
nurse externship/ RN (Former Employee), Hackesack, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Teaching Hospital that cared about their employees
Cons: Far commute after I relocated
I miss that hospital till this day. I relocated and the 1.5 hour commute was a bit too much after doing a 12+ hour shift. It is an amazing Medical Center. They really cared about their staff.
Enjoyable work experiences.
Emergency Room Clerk/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: There was a;ways work to be done.
Cons: Having a departmental Budget Cut after I transferred departments.
Working in the Emergency department was very exciting. It was like a major adrenalin rush with Trauma's. I learned how to work well under pressure. Management was terrific, the charge Nurse was always available and helpful with difficult situations with patients. The hardest part of this job were the hours. I work 11pm-7am, and I was in school during the early evening, so it was challenging for me. After a year I transferred to another department to work day, to assist me to accomplish my goals with completing my schooling.
Great community hospital that provides excellent patinet care.
SPONSORED PROGRAMS MANAGER (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Lack of resources
A typical day at work involves meeting with researchers, reviewing and submitting grant applications, overseeing clinical trial financial operations. I've learned to manage multiple priority projects and work in a highly regulated and deadline dependent environment. My co-workers are knowledgeable, fun, reliable professionals. The hardest part of the job is working with limited resources while constantly trying to improve processes. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to provide research administrative support to the physicians and scientists.
Busy, high paced environment
Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 7, 2015
Great organization to work for. The minute you step in you come to work with no downtime. You try to do the best that you can and are supported.
This place has great patient satisfaction
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: highly qualified staff
Cons: difficult to advance in jobs and short breaks
This company has helped me to grow as a professional. It not only allows me to implement and further my organizational skills but also allows me to interact with patients and their family members while working as a patient safety attendant. We have a great team that works cohesively to insure that patients get all of the care that they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make patients feel that they are well taken care of!
Learned a lot in the job field
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), new jerseyMarch 23, 2015
Cons: employees have no support from management
Management is not supportive of subordinates. Employees have to find their own coverage in order to take any time off. An OK place to work.
Productive and Fun place to work
Volunteer Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free parking
Cons: little far from home
Fun day at work
Dealing with all kinds of patients
Good management
Free parking
Learning new skills
HOLIDAY FOOD PROVIDED FOR EVERY SHIFT
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free
WORKING ROTATION EVERY WEEK IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT .RUNNING QC BEFORE RUNNING SAMPLE PATIENTS .CALLING CRITICAL RESULTS TO THE NURSE .TROUBLESHOOTING MACHINES IF NEEDED, CALIBRATING CONTROLS IF NEEDED OR IF CALIBRATION EXPIRED
Newark Beth is a state of the art institution.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 4, 2015
Even though its in a bad area, it is a great hospital to work for and to be a patient in. The parking garage is staffed by security and I have always felt safe while on hospital grounds
Consumer Health Librarian (Current Employee), Hackensack NJMarch 3, 2015
The third best hospital in the New York City area and the very best in New Jersey. Magnet hospital with the best nurses, state of the art care and convenient to all North Jersey locations. A starship.
Hackensack University Medical Center is a great place to work. The people are diligent and hardworking people.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee everyday.
Cons: the weather out here is too cold.
A typical day at work is ensuring that the patient's diagnoses from our specialized RNs (Clinical Documentation Specialists) are matched in the the databases we use with the those of the HIM Department's coders, and that meetings, presentations and trainings are scheduled.

Management - The Director that I report to mentors me and empowers me with Leadership tools so that I grow and excel everyday in the assignments and projects she trusts me to handle and complete. The CEO definitely cares and knows the staff as seen in at the many events he attends.

Co-Workers - My co-workers are highly intelligent RNs that work as an effective team to meet daily assignment quotas and case assignment follow up as necessary.

The hardest part of my job oddly enough is remembering to take a lunch break.

The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new concepts, planning and implementing new processes and seeing the fruits of the Team's efforts recognized as reflected in the monthly reports that are generated.
Hackensack University Medical Center
Client Service Support Analyst (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 26, 2015
On a typical day I would receive from 80 to 200 calls and that would change based on the shift that I was on. Most of what I know I learned from Hackensack. Management always helped with any system updates or helped with the call volume.
Moral is low with high turnover of management and employees.
Medical Secretary - Provide Support (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: strong bonds.
Cons: heartbreak.
Working with cancer patients is a tough career choice. There is a lot of disappointments and sadness daily. You need to have tough skin to do this work on a regular basis.
Medical records for the cancer center
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: awesome job
Cons: sad to lose my patients to cancer
I was working for the head of the cancer center and did all his medical records for the patients. Made appointments and prepared all his files as needed for the day of patients to be seen.
Great place to work filled with great people
ADMISSIONS FINANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Financial Insurance Counseling while demonstrating compassion and understanding to the patient and family members. The hardest part of the job was not being able to afford assistance to every patient. My co-workers have been like family for the last 17 years.
Poor place to work
Medical (Former Employee), Cancer centerFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free parking one mile away
Cons: unsafe to much volume for staffing petty back stabbing nursing staff
Don't do not go to the cancer center. The worst doctors in oncology. Not a teaching hospital no university is connected to this hospital. The oncology doctors do not teach or work will fellows. Ask your self if the doctor is so great why does he or she not teach the next generation. It all about the money and a lot of awards that don't mean a thing. The nurses in the cancer center have to many patients to give good safe care. It's not a safe place to work for a nurse your license is on the line every day. The place needs new manangment that can handle the volume. A nurse with a business degree.
they work you to the bone
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 8, 2015
You can learn a tremendous amt here but you better be ready to work. Co workers were great but that's not everywhere. I feel like most ppl were pretty angry who worked there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) is anĀ acute care teaching and research hospital thatĀ serves the residents of northern – Read more

Hackensack University Medical Center Salaries