Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center Employee Reviews

good coworkers; sloppy upper managment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 3, 2015
Pros: Interesting work; good co-workers
Cons: Corporate culture overly focused on bottom-line
More support for new hires would enhance the firm's abilities to function. Management need to be more approachable.

You get stuck at a computer terminal; and then everyone disappears; lack of true support for new hires; you get left having to figure out most things for yourself. A more supportive management posture would help new hires.
Overall a positive atmosphere, energetic, fun place to work.
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMay 29, 2015
As a Diagnostic Technician it was both fun and exciting. I always loved coming to work because you dealt with whole Hospital and saw many different patients. I enjoyed the many challenges and stresses handed to me. I am very dependable and reliable. My weakness is my love for the job and worked hard.
very comforting place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: always offering help
Cons: need more learning classes to all employees
very knoweledgeable and learning hospital pleasant staff always updated the staff on different things to learn and is nationally ranked in 11 specialties
Review
Clinical Level III-RNC-OB (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: good salary; benefits
Cons: short breaks, occasionally no lunch
Hackensack served as a stepping stone to becoming a strong obstetric nurse .Nurses are team players. Hardest part of the job is long day hours. Most enjoyable part of the job is being the nurse that was part of a memorable chapter of a family's life.
Excellent place to work.......
Centralized Scheduling - Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits are excellent and a large range of physicians in different practices.
Cons: Breaks could be a bit longer at times, especially to staff members that sit all day.
Staff at this hospital facility are always willing to go out of their comfort level to assist others.

Our current management staff keeps employees very well informed when it comes to different changes occurring within the facility. Whether is be a new staff member, construction or continuing education for different areas of study.
Good nurses, that want to teach and help students
clinical experience (Former Employee), nursing studentMay 13, 2015
Nurses are helpful to student, want to help them learn. Incorporate different teaching techniques, allow hands on clinical experience. Different levels of complexity of patients. Overall good experience learning.
Productive and interesting place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: None that I can recall
My typical day at work included transcribing medical reports from a multidisciplinary team to include pediatricians, speech and language pathologists, and learning consultants. Duties also included keeping track of our typed reports and editing them on a database program. When needed, we would also work the front desk upstairs, file in the medical records room, distribute our reports to the clinicians and perform new patient intakes in the Intake Office over the phone.

I left my employment at Hackensack Medical Center to move to Florida ten years ago to live closer to family. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and still call them friends. I can't think of a hardest part of the job. I always work to the best of my ability and am conscientious about my performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together as a team to get the job done. Work assignments were always being varied and we were never bored.
Enjoyed working as a volunteer, the staff and employees are wonderful to work with.
Volunteer-Courier (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: They would give us a dinner honoring us every year, which was nice.
Cons: We have to pay for our meal at the cafeteria (they would give us a voucher, but it was not enough to cover the full cost of the meal).
I was a volunteer, so their was no compensation, but I thoroughly enjoyed working there. The other volunteers were very nice, and the other employees were always so appreciative of everything the volunteers did for them, that really made the work worth it.
Work Environment
PACS Administrator (Current Employee), Westwood, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great staff, great patient care, Clean environment
Cons: Healthcare, salary
-Great place to work from ground-up, I was able to learn a lot in understanding what goes in bringing a hospital from scratch.
-Pleasure to work with a good set of staff that's always willing to do more than expected, always looking out for the interest of the patient.
-Hospital is always looking to improve standards of care and build better relations with the staff.
-Wish to learn more within the organization to better my career path.
Great teaching Hospital
CT Technologist (Current Employee), HAckensack, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Distance to work. I walk to work in 7 minutes.
Cons: Not enough recognition or compensation by management for all the hard work put forth.
HackesnsackUMC is fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. I definitely learned a lot while working here, especially working with trauma. It's a great teaching hospital and I get along great with the people I work with. Hardest part of this job would be the weekends, where you're doing the same volume of work, with less co-workers. the most enjoyable part of my job, would be my coworkers. They make a very tough day look easy we a re a team.
Exciting and teaching hosital
nurse externship/ RN (Former Employee), Hackesack, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Teaching Hospital that cared about their employees
Cons: Far commute after I relocated
I miss that hospital till this day. I relocated and the 1.5 hour commute was a bit too much after doing a 12+ hour shift. It is an amazing Medical Center. They really cared about their staff.
Enjoyable work experiences.
Emergency Room Clerk/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: There was a;ways work to be done.
Cons: Having a departmental Budget Cut after I transferred departments.
Working in the Emergency department was very exciting. It was like a major adrenalin rush with Trauma's. I learned how to work well under pressure. Management was terrific, the charge Nurse was always available and helpful with difficult situations with patients. The hardest part of this job were the hours. I work 11pm-7am, and I was in school during the early evening, so it was challenging for me. After a year I transferred to another department to work day, to assist me to accomplish my goals with completing my schooling.
Great community hospital that provides excellent patinet care.
SPONSORED PROGRAMS MANAGER (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Lack of resources
A typical day at work involves meeting with researchers, reviewing and submitting grant applications, overseeing clinical trial financial operations. I've learned to manage multiple priority projects and work in a highly regulated and deadline dependent environment. My co-workers are knowledgeable, fun, reliable professionals. The hardest part of the job is working with limited resources while constantly trying to improve processes. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to provide research administrative support to the physicians and scientists.
Busy, high paced environment
Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 7, 2015
Great organization to work for. The minute you step in you come to work with no downtime. You try to do the best that you can and are supported.
This place has great patient satisfaction
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: highly qualified staff
Cons: difficult to advance in jobs and short breaks
This company has helped me to grow as a professional. It not only allows me to implement and further my organizational skills but also allows me to interact with patients and their family members while working as a patient safety attendant. We have a great team that works cohesively to insure that patients get all of the care that they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make patients feel that they are well taken care of!
Learned a lot in the job field
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), new jerseyMarch 23, 2015
Cons: employees have no support from management
Management is not supportive of subordinates. Employees have to find their own coverage in order to take any time off. An OK place to work.
Productive and Fun place to work
Volunteer Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free parking
Cons: little far from home
Fun day at work
Dealing with all kinds of patients
Good management
Free parking
Learning new skills
HOLIDAY FOOD PROVIDED FOR EVERY SHIFT
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free
WORKING ROTATION EVERY WEEK IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT .RUNNING QC BEFORE RUNNING SAMPLE PATIENTS .CALLING CRITICAL RESULTS TO THE NURSE .TROUBLESHOOTING MACHINES IF NEEDED, CALIBRATING CONTROLS IF NEEDED OR IF CALIBRATION EXPIRED
Newark Beth is a state of the art institution.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 4, 2015
Even though its in a bad area, it is a great hospital to work for and to be a patient in. The parking garage is staffed by security and I have always felt safe while on hospital grounds
Consumer Health Librarian (Current Employee), Hackensack NJMarch 3, 2015
The third best hospital in the New York City area and the very best in New Jersey. Magnet hospital with the best nurses, state of the art care and convenient to all North Jersey locations. A starship.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) is anĀ acute care teaching and research hospital thatĀ serves the residents of northern – Read more

Hackensack University Medical Center Salaries