Hackensack University Medical Center

Hackensack University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very busy environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 20, 2018
HUMC is a very busy hospital. Management is very poor, and also the manager doesn't look out for the nursing assistance. Nursing don't appreciated the nursing assistant. They will work you like a dog. Only great thing is the pay. Nurses are super stress out, and make the work environment miserable. Only pretty on the outside but once inside its a nightmare. Nursing assistant starting pay rate is $15.65 per hour.
Staff to Patient ratio needs improvement
RN (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 13, 2018
Our unit manager is awesome.
The nurse to patient ratio needs to change. It is unsafe to be short staffed especially on a very busy floor. They need to hire more staff.
Productive and efficient work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Collaborating with patients, families and healthcare providers to optimize patient care. Diligent and compassionate about my work. Work together with other RN's to achieve exceptional patient care.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 28, 2018
Very fast paced environment and typically short staffed. Good learning place for new graduate. Competitive hospital to get into but once in great learning experience.
Friendly
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 26, 2018
Learn how to interact with the patients and their family members. Make sure that they feel comfortable and well adjusted. It was a very friendly environment.
Fast paced work environment
EMERGEMCY TRAUMA DEPARTMENT CLERICAL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 24, 2018
Very busy and demanding because of high volume of patients. Patient population could get extremely demanding which makes a great for developing patience.
Pros
Good co- workers
Cons
Short breaks
Customer Service & Teamwork Make Hackensack Meridian Medical Center a Great Place to Work!
Beyond Day Spa- Licensed Manicurist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 18, 2018
I am fortunate, as well as proud to be a Hackensack Meridian Employee for 10 years. I am a Lic. Manicurist at The Medical Plaza
Great , Fair Management. Wonderful "TeamWork" Staff.
Pros
Enjoyable Work Place
Cons
Appreciate pleasing clients.
productive learning enviroment
RN Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 17, 2018
I did my nursing rotations at HUMC. Learned alot patient interaction, teaching, medication administration, documentation and basic patient care. The nurses and faculty were outstanding and learned many skills.
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 8, 2018
•Preparing and serving of meals as well as maintaining the dietary and dining area in a clean and safe condition.
•Following federal and state sanitary guidelines as well as facility policy and procedures.
•Washing dishes/utensils, sweeping/mopping floors, cleaning work area, tables, cabinets, stoves, ovens and other areas of the kitchen and dining areas.
Pros
Daily cafeteria lunch, school reimbursments
Great team environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 5, 2018
I had to leave due to relocation. I would still be there if not for the long commute. It was a great team environment. I learned a lot. I have made some life long friends.
Excellent place to work!
E.R. clerk specialist/Admission (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 4, 2018
A very challenging place to work, with a lot of opportunity for growth. Never a boring moment full of action. The people who work there are cooperative and friendly.
Fast pace
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 2, 2018
I work in the float pool. All the floors work differently. The people are friendly. There needs to be more communication between staff. Too many errors made due to miscommunication.
workplace culture
Security Officer and Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 31, 2017
Working at Hackensack University Medical Center was a learning experience for me. The experience dealing with difference people and difference ailment made me a better person.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
good food
Was a great place to work
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 15, 2017
I was employed for 20yrs at this company. Seen many changes and you can expect that at any place you work. My only problem was the fact that my department hired certain people who were not qualified for the job. But the people who were qualified were given the short end of the stick. For a person like me I was kinda pushed into a corner when the rules kept changing every other day. Also when your pay is cut it makes you think hard about dedicating yourself to the same job others are getting paid more for.
Pros
great pay and benefits to a certain point
Cons
depending on your department, beware of changing rules and policies
great place to work
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 8, 2017
Hackensack University Medical Center is a fantastic place to work. I loved all the departments that I worked in and all of the wonderful people I worked with, but I must relocate
I truly loved this place, but there was no mobility.
Administrative Assistant II - Infection Control (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my work at HUMC, but management started to change and benefits were depleted. I was offered another job with more money and benefits. I worked at HUMC for 11 years and I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
poor health benefits
Fast-paced
Physician Assistants (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 20, 2017
I loved working with a variety of different people and patients. It's great to learn about how people work in different areas and what works best for all.
Productive Place
Healthcare Explorer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2017
While working there I learned lots of things and was a great working experience . While there i learned about general pediatrics, obstetrics, and neonatology .
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
good
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 8, 2017
Everyone worked as a team to provide excellent patient care. The hardest part of the job was the workload, and the fact that it is fast pasted. Overall, it was a great place to work and they have great food.
Great
Lead Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 3, 2017
Working at Hackensack is like working at home. Your co-workers become your family and your patients, before they leave, become your friends. Management is beyond fabulous, and I would refer everyone I found fit to work for the system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackensack University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2