Haemonetics Employee Reviews

Worked as a Packer on Production Line, and then advanced to Forklift Operator
Distribution Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 21, 2015
I worked for this Heamonetics for a few years... I started out at the bottom and worked my way up! I liked the work itself within this company, and the benefits, PTO, Holiday pay, etc...
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, no balanced schedlue!
Love doing my job, just no advancement - at highest level
Group Leader BMB-Automation//Molding (Current Employee) –  Leetsdale, PAAugust 15, 2015
My day goes by very fast working in automation some trouble shooting and minor repairs to equipment.

Worked in the molding department for 16+ years. Learned how to operator many different presses and some trouble shooting.

My team at the time current time is very short staffed but awesome people, they do a great job.

The hardest part of my job is being the only person in the room for a long period. (many faults)

Knowing that I've helped make a product to help others is great.
Pros
Having a steady job.
Cons
No advancement
Proceed with caution
Corporate Role (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 19, 2015
Overall, the company is not doing all that well, and there have been staff cuts because of this. The pay sounds great to start off, but the bonuses rarely pay out anywhere near 100%
Busy company with an excellent superviser.
SENIOR GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 20, 2015
I worked in distribution and controlled the inventory. I was responsible for all receiving. I was responsible for the locations of all the product. I was the senior group leader and had a crew of 6 people working for me . I never left until every order was shipped.
Pros
Busy, Good Benefits and Good pay.
Cons
An inept custumer service. Poor decisions from upper management.
Okay work place
Assistant Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 14, 2015
Very good experience, lots of parking space, great cafeteria, good co-workers, easy location to get to and from on a daily basis.
Avoid this place at all cost
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 25, 2015
You will live under FEAR for your job. If you do not work enough overtime, fit into the click they will fire you. They hide behind something called there Cardinal Rules. And BOOM your gone. Even the site director lies to all the employees stating there are on the same level as companies such as BD, and Edwards Life Science. But nothing is farther from the truth. They have people in leadership positions that have no place being there. Technicians throw each other under the bus. Terrible double standards. HR department is pro management, NOT pro employee.
Cons
management, leads, hr, etc...
Haemonetics review
Group Leader- Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 24, 2015
I help manage a team of direct labor employees to help meet corporate production goals, all while following GMP (good Manufacturing Practice), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and SIs (Standing Instructions). I have learned lean manufacturing and helped implement a one piece flow system on our production lines. The job has many challenges, but one of the greatest challenges comes from the constantly changing schedule, and we sometimes have to do a few line changes over the course of week. Part shortages that shut down lines is also a challenge, and this can sometimes create unrest with some of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the lines run constantly and efficiently for a couple weeks without having any shutdowns. It's really rewarding seeing how well your lines can work when there are no issues.
Sink or Swim environment
Material Coordiantor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 24, 2015
The people you work with are generally amazing. However, management is a joke! Improper training, or lack of training is a common trend here. Like any company, there are expectations that are meant to be met, but without the proper training it really turns into a sink or swim situation. You end up training yourself most of what you need to know. For a company where they make medical supplies, you'd expect better involvement from upper management. I've had better experiences working for a grocery store or a gas station forever ago while in high school. I don't recommend anyone to work here until they fix management.
Pros
fun group of people to work with.
Cons
hr is the slowest department. if you're looking for a response, expect 3-4 months of a waiting period regardless of the situation.
Its fine
Engineer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 3, 2015
Co workers are great.
Work are hours are reasonable
Commute is good
Management needs a better plan but they do OK

A typical day involves documenting
Production, Great employee's
Line Tech / Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Union, SCNovember 14, 2014
Love this job and the people. They are like family. The hardest part of the Job is working 12 hours at night.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
hours 12 nights

Want to know more about Haemonetics?

Ask a question
Great place and nice people
Senior Quality Assurance Technician/ Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Union, SCOctober 8, 2014
Good benefits, Job Security, paid holidays and vacations. Enjoy working with the people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
have to work on sundays
Moving workforce to cheaper overseas labor
SENIOR GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 6, 2014
Great place to work for 19 years but now the management is going in the direction of wiping out the workforce for cheaper labor alternatives.
Interesting and friendly workplace
Consultant Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning - as I was documenting - about medical devices used for blood collection, plasma collection, blood freezing, etc.
Easy, but repetitive work.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Leetsdale, PAAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at work includes fixing faults on machines, keeping the work area clean, packing our products, and stalking the machines. We also fill out paper work at the end of each load. I learned a lot about our machines and how they work. We make centrifuges and bottles for blood banks.
Loved the job.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, SCAugust 6, 2014
Indirect supervision allowed me to work throughout my shift, uninterrupted. It was a production job and I worked 9 pm to 6;30 am but there was always something to do. I loved staying busy and being allowed to manage myself throughout the night.
Clean Room Assembly
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 22, 2014
assembling blood collection products and maintained accuracy. Met deadlines, along with passing a quality team
its a good job with good people
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Union, SCJune 25, 2014
needs better pay for the job that you do , better advancement possibilities,
Pros
good insurance
Cons
low pay for the work
New company in Puerto Rico
Documentation Specialist / Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRMay 29, 2014
Procedures, Mfg. and Engineering documents creation and review, seek for feedback, follow the approval flow, in a timely matter. Manage purchase requisitions and PO's for Capital Projects. Comunications, clear and precise, vital to management and co workers.
The most enjoyable part of my job, to see things happening, completed, on time expected, purchases coming in when expected to complete projects, repairs, constructions.
Pros
excellent work relations with all fuctional areas.
Cons
the distance between my home and the site, the low salary.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  braintree, maMay 28, 2014
my typical day at work is very busy. this is a busy company that requires fast paste customer service.
Haemonetics offers great benefits but limited career growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Haemonetics has offered me a great experience that I know I will be able to use elsewhere. The management team encourages learning the business and planning for the future in terms business needs and requirements.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a market competitive salary, no room for career growth