Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are seeking a DOT Driver to operate a company provided truck to transport, store & handle material to and from specified destinations at customer locations. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensures good customer relations through consistent on time deliveries and acting in a courteous and professional manner
Transport and delivery of goods
- Properly and safely secure loads and assure loads are within vehicle weight
- Verify count and condition of freight
- Make reports of overages, shortages and damages as needed
- Prepares receipts for the load pickup or delivery
- Collects payments for goods delivered and for delivery charges
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with manager to receive delivery instructions
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and compliant to all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations
- Makes report of any vehicle problems and defects
- Reports vehicle accident/incident immediately to management
- Maintains a truck log according to State and Federal regulations
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to obtain and pass a DOT physical
- Experience handling hazardous materials a plus
- Experience handling safety equipment is a plus
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficiency with a PC is required
- Comfortable working directly with customers
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V