Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are currently seeking an Industrial or maintenance engineer who has solid skills in Lean Manufacturing as well as a solid Industrial or maintenance engineering background.
This position will be handling everything from new spare part set up, vendor validation, line layout and time studies to extensive cost cutting measures, spare part review and validation. This individual will be responsible for data analysis, organization charts, spreadsheets and project information reporting.
The preferred candidate will have expert knowledge as well as a demonstrated ability in Lean manufacturing in order to perform effectively in this environment. This individual must be competent in developing and documenting standard work, planning, implementing continuous improvement initiatives, and preparing statistical analysis and project management.
The candidate must also have knowledge of general maintenance parts and materials, processes, design techniques, tools, and technical plans. You should have knowledge of costs and other techniques for maximizing the effectives of manufacturing and the distribution of goods.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
- 4 to 6 years of related Engineering experience
- Experience in the maintenance spare parts function within automotive sector a plus
- Technical knowledge in statistics, dimensional layouts, specification interpretation, and report writing in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of various software platforms, SAP, CAD, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Data analysis and problem solving including the ability to evaluate and resolve issues or problems related to a successful product launch
- Strong Lean knowledge and implementation.
- Looking for good leadership skills and a team player.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V