Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
Hagemeyer is seeking a Nicet Certified Fire Alarm & Suppression System Designer to design projects, order needed materials, complete and submit required paperwork to the State Fire Marshalls Office and assist in project management. This candidate should be considered proficient in their area of expertise and will be required to work independent of supervision.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Project design on intelligent fire detection systems, air sampling systems and suppression systems.
- Providing detailed material lists and plans for projects.
- Ordering and tracking project materials to be used by field technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer has all required copies of all required documentation before and after project completion.
- In depth Knowledgeable of all regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, etc.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders & distributing to sales associates for processing.
- May include the use of company provided assets such as but not limited to: Company Vehicle, Inventory, Safety Equipment, Laptop, LSI Scanner, Test Equipment, Tools, Radio, Cell Phone, Fuel Card and/or Credit Card. Associates are required to maintain proper care of all assets as defined by HNA policies
- High School or GED
- Minimum 1 Certification (manufacturing/state) in a fire protection related field
- 3+ years of industry specific experience
- 3+ years NICET II, In Fire Alarm or Special Hazard Suppression or Fire Alarm & Suppression Panel +3-5 yrs exp.
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record, mechanically inclined, basic computer skills, and ability to lift 50 lbs
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 19 months ago
Hagemeyer North America (HNA) gets a charge out of spreading things around. The company -- a subsidiary of French distribution...