Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
Hagemeyer North America is seeking an experience Service Technician to Inspect, Test and Maintain (ITM) fixed systems for established customers on a scheduled basis.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting service calls
- Systems testing and inspections to the prescribed standards
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and maintaining of customer’s Life Safety systems
- Identifying code issues and discrepancies,
- Preparing accurate, timely Technician worksheets (TWS) and reports.
- Installing Life Safety systems.
- Field assignments to provide customer service in the areas of servicing and inspection of life safety equipment which including but not limited to: fixed extinguishers, fire detection systems, gas detection systems, foam systems, dry chemical systems, clean agent, special hazard systems and water based systems.
- Responsible for providing the testing and repair documentation and ensuring it is filled out accurately, completely and turned in for proper invoicing.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer has all required copies of all required documentation upon servicing equipment
- In depth Knowledgeable of all regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, etc.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders & distributing to sales associates for processing.
- High School or GED
- Experience with testing, maintaining and conducting minor repairs on sprinkler systems.
- Minimum 1 Certification (manufacturing/state) in a fire protection related field
- 3+ years of industry specific experience
- Preferred, 3+ years experience NICET II +, Fire Alarm & Ext A, or WBS Construction
- Must be able to cut and thread pipe
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record, mechanically inclined, basic computer skills, and ability to lift 50 lbs
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 12 months ago
Hagemeyer North America (HNA) gets a charge out of spreading things around. The company -- a subsidiary of French distribution...