Hagemeyer North America Employee Reviews

So many opportunities.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 25, 2013
My experience is that I have enjoyed stretching myself, changing roles every 5 or so years, learning and appreciating this industry.

Not a glamorous industry but a solid one where people get to know each other-Electrical Distribution.

Working in electrical is an apprenticeship, a skill that is valuable. You need to enjoy organization, taking calls and following orders and requests through to delivery. With thousands of possible products a customer might order, you become a private investigator. Your customers grow to appreciate you and trust you to care and provide products they need to do their work on-time. A business strong in trust-must be honest, even during a failed effort.

Continuous training-much on your own, is necessary.

A man's world where women who like to work with people whether by phone or in person and willing to learn the technical information do very, very well.

Great benefits- they seem to improve on every year-last yr added $200 for gym membership per year!

Much advancement is possible but I do not think it is a fasttrack. In this business you do not want to jump forward until you have invested some time in learning product, computer system, and ways of the business so you can gain trust out there.

We contribute to the ongoing construction and maintenance of electrical systems across every town we are in. This is not sales as you might think; we partner with customers to keep them in-the-know of the latest tools/products and to make sure they have all supplies they need when it is their turn at the jobsite and all depends on them.

I love this business-so
  more... glad God led me to Hagemeyer.  less
Pros
great benefits, advancement opportunities, training, variety of job roles to select from, a true apprenticeship to gain valuable knowledge
Too Many Back stabbing people, too many people sucking up
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Managers are sleeping with employees. You get with HR and let them know what's going on, and nothing gets done. One manager that supervises the Fire Ext. group only hires people that go to his church. People that have zero experience and brings them in at top pay. There is no where to advance in that company. Another manager that handles the LSS group.....he has his whole family working there. Even though that is against the rules.

There is no confidentiality in that company at all including the managers.

HR and all the managers are in cahoots. When you go to them with a problem or issue, they get with the managers and nothing gets done....especially when it deals with the managers.

One manager who is now a regional manager got put in jail for DWI and the other manager(Fire Ext) got him out of jail.....and no one at Hagemeyer ever found out.

It's crazy. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Hagemeyer in Pasadena, Texas
Pros
none!
Cons
management sucks
Starts of good until fakeness shines through
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2012
Started of as a great company, then the operation manager transfered. Bunch of over-weight people more concerned with lunch than work. Branch manager has 4 or 5 favorites and buys everybody lunch daily on company credit card and then their lunch break lasts 3 hours while 3 or 4 people do all the work. My direct supervisor was a 300 pounder that I swear watched the weather channel on his computer for 9 months and then when a supervisor would show their face he would jump out of his chair and act like the 3 people working aren't doing enough. They did have monthly contests like "The Biggest Loser", etc. Oh, and the Operation Manager that they hired (28 years old, fresh outta college)...he has a good golf swing. Always walking around the warehouse with his golf clubs. I honestly thought I was gonna retire there and this is how I went away feeling. Fake people is my best summary.
Pros
good...depending on your branch
Cons
lot of back stabbing
Productive and fun environment with hard working people.
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXApril 21, 2015
A typical work day for me is being early for work, starting up and setting up everything that needs to be done before we open. My co-workers are hard working and are always there is I need any help or advice about whats going on in the work place. I think the best thing i enjoy the most is every Thursdays we have meeting to discuss if there are any issues or problems going on that we can all talk about and find away to fix them, and if there is not any issues we just catch up on our progress at work. The management is great there always there to help if needed whether its there email, phone or in person. What I'v learned since I'v been there is that its good to work in a group but its also good to work alone because if I ever do have any questions about anything I can always ask and i no there will always be someone there to answer it.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
N/A
Ever Growing and Advancing
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 6, 2015
This is a fast pace and customer orientated environment. The customers are electricians, builders, contractors or transient showroom clients that are upgrading light fixtures in their home or businesses.

Co-workers are exceptional. The hardest part of the job is not being paid my worth for the dedication and commitment that I have showered the company with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working to serving the customers and getting that feeling of satisfaction when you produce and provide services on-time that only makes their job easier in providing good service by getting the materials they need to complete their contracted service that their clients expect them to fulfill.
Pros
Counter Day Celebrations For Customers Appreciations
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to complete all tasks without feeling over-whelmed
Fast paced, challenging workplace
Inside Sales Representative / Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2012
I have worked for this company since May 2006. I have been mostly happy with the work, it is challenging, but not difficult. I originally started as a Temp warehouse worker, was hired on permanently six months later and was promoted to an Inside Sales trainee position five months after that.

I left the organization for a short time to pursue my education on a full time basis. When I inquired about coming back to the company I was hired back as a temporary worker again. I have been working in both the shipping/receiving and Inside Sales areas of the business, gaining a broad area of skills and experience.
Pros
ability to learn most areas of the business at the local branch level.
Good place to start.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJanuary 12, 2012
This is a good place to start if you are entering the job market or if you are wanting to transistion into an office environment. The culture is questionable at times, honesty with the client is not always encouraged. It is important to this company that you present a specific image even if you are not living up to that image in the services provided.
I learned a lot working for this company regarding interacting with others. This company does not promote a team environment but, it does promote competition among it's employees.
Pros
learn about purchasing, set priorities, make contacts
Cons
no teamwork, competitive
Hagemeyer was good
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 7, 2015
Hagemeyer could be a great company if they got rid of the no drive middle managers. The ones that have been in their jobs for 15 years and no willing to move or promote people over them. It kills the talent of people wanting to make Hagemeyer a better place. I have seen contracts bid out and the managers not willing to try harder, So when contracts dry up in one state the middle manager is still working but Hagemeyer has no need to retain quality workers unless they are willing to relocate.
Pros
Received my Masters Degree free
Cons
Management isn't that good at retaining customers
Very Strict/Uncomfortable Work Environment
Credit Associate/Collector (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 21, 2012
Credit associates have a large volume of accounts and are expected to contact/work every one of them. They only have one or two managers in the department who aren't trying to run a sweat shop. The company isn't interested in anything other than productivity. The credit director is "unhinged". They have incentive programs so if you're able to work like a robot, this is the job for you! Generally not a "happy" place to work.
Pros
incentive program, tuition reimbursment, team building exercises
Cons
strict environment, unplesant environment
Hagemeyer NA was a good Company. I had numerous management positions in many locations, and particulary enjoyed the associates.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
I have handled all phases of the Private Label program alone for the last 7+ years - Marketing, Purchasing, Pricing and Customer Service. Therefore, I have worked alone but have had the opportunity to communicate and support the entire USA sales team with the sale of these products. I take pride in the fact that I started this program, and have grown it into a very profitable business segment.

Want to know more about Hagemeyer North America?

Ask a question
Dusty and noisy environment
Crib attendant (Current Employee) –  newcastle OklahomaAugust 20, 2014
Issue out parts, pull kits, recieving. Issue out parts according to pull ticket; pull kits according to pull tickets, receiving material from various venders, input inventory in computer, filling paper work, stock inventory monitor parts inventory load parts vending machine. Using Microsoft outlook and excel for communication means.
Pros
no time clock to punch in or out
Cons
noisy environment, subject to weather elements(hot or cold)
Very Exciting Job
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 2, 2015
Each day was a day that brought about it's own challenges; which made the job very exciting. No two days were the same, I enjoyed working with the people that I would interact with on a daily bases. Persons' of all races, if the turnaround had not ended I would still be working in that position.
Pros
It allowed me to do what I love giving Excellent Customer Service
Cons
It was only a turnaround and it came to an end...
Well developed work processes & procedures
Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2014
Was able to work as part of a larger team, yet remained independent to select projects. Was able to travel to all of the projects and return home for weekends. The management team had well defined goals and objectives. Overall the work was challenging.
Pros
positive work atmosphere
Cons
very dependent on national contracts
Professionally Competitive Work Culture geared towards Team Players and Innovation
Regional Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Hagemeyer has been an exceptional place to work over the past 3+ years. I've been challenged to grow professionally, and have been given plenty of opportunities to form a path towards success. I would highly recommend employment with Hagemeyer in a variety of roles.
Good place to work but not getting what i want out of this position.
Storeroom Attendant I Storeroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILNovember 8, 2014
I have bigger goals than what this company is able to offer now and in the future. I like the people i work with and i believe the management works hard to take care of their employees. Its just that i have goals and i can not accomplish them where i am right now.
Very challenging job...felt I really accomplished work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
Job was very challenging every day was different at end of day felt scene of accomplishment co workers were wonderful felt as part of family....new management came in changed everything very far from home
Pros
challenging work sense of accomplishment
Cons
too far from home travel was difficult
Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 8, 2014
Management provides you freedom to create the Vision, support teams while Planning, resources to Execute your plan, and recognizes your team's success.
Enjoyed working and carrying on with the guys
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2014
I would arrive at 9:00am. I went in ready to start to work. I worked with some great guys. As far as management goes, I had a great supervisor. I really can't say there was anything hard about the job I performed. I enjoyed going out to eat with the supervisors and the other guys.
Pros
free lunches with supervisors
management was very easy to work with
OPTICIAN/ ON SITE CORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CASeptember 11, 2012
customer was not always open to better and more profitable outcome of choices. Management was not matched with experience and or desire .
Pros
creating a place where employees felt comfortable and secure with knowing you are doing your best
Cons
work enviorment, noise a safety of equipment
No growth or encouragment for growth. Production down=write-up for you
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
They don't encourage advancement at all. Management prefers to keep you where you are. First raise in 3 years was given a few months ago and very small. Decent benefits, but if production is down due to the economy- you'll get written up (even if work was never offered).