Hagemeyer North America Employee Reviews

Great and supportive team members
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day I worked from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and stayed very busy.
I learned a tremendous amount about accounting.
Management settled for nothing less than perfection.
Best co-workers I can remember working with.
Hardest part of the job was continually striving to meet my supervisors standards.
Felt like part of a work family.
Pros
Had United Way fund raisers with raffles for quality items
Cons
Wasn't five minutes from my home
Hagemeyer NA was a good Company. I had numerous management positions in many locations, and particulary enjoyed the associates.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
I have handled all phases of the Private Label program alone for the last 7+ years - Marketing, Purchasing, Pricing and Customer Service. Therefore, I have worked alone but have had the opportunity to communicate and support the entire USA sales team with the sale of these products. I take pride in the fact that I started this program, and have grown it into a very profitable business segment.
Service Tech II LSS (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 28, 2015
Great company to work for. Productive and good employees who help you out when needed. Willing to teach you and get you more certifications.
Very challenging job...felt I really accomplished work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
Job was very challenging every day was different at end of day felt scene of accomplishment co workers were wonderful felt as part of family....new management came in changed everything very far from home
Pros
challenging work sense of accomplishment
Cons
too far from home travel was difficult
I was employed by Hagemeyer, but was on site @ Edelbrock
Customer Service Representative /Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 6, 2015
I was on site full time @ Edelbrock, not Hagemeyer, so I honestly can't review the company due to this. I had a good relationship w/my superiors & co-workers that i communicated w/@ Hagemeyer.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Although a good job,they leck in steady employeement
Tool Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 6, 2015
Great place to work when jobs are flowing, however when work on a project is done you want work for a long period of time. the management was okay but they don't take to learning a new way of making the process faster.
Productive workplace.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great paying job for entry level safety watch employees. management is ok. the hardest part of the job in the climate. i enjoyed working around a lot of hardworkers and friendly peers. i learned to stay focused on the job at hand.
Good Company to work for.
On site Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAOctober 2, 2015
Good Company to work for. Busy work days and no day is the same. Good benefits. Always room for improvement with communication.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Breaks and lunch often taken at desk while you work.
No growth or encouragment for growth. Production down=write-up for you
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
They don't encourage advancement at all. Management prefers to keep you where you are. First raise in 3 years was given a few months ago and very small. Decent benefits, but if production is down due to the economy- you'll get written up (even if work was never offered).
Great Company
Inside/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Awesome company to work for. Lots of tenor people there. Advancement is not at my location but if you are willing to move the opportunites are endless.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
tenor people
Good Company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not at all concerned with numbers. Morale between coworkers was always good and encouraging.
Ever Growing and Advancing
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 6, 2015
This is a fast pace and customer orientated environment. The customers are electricians, builders, contractors or transient showroom clients that are upgrading light fixtures in their home or businesses.

Co-workers are exceptional. The hardest part of the job is not being paid my worth for the dedication and commitment that I have showered the company with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working to serving the customers and getting that feeling of satisfaction when you produce and provide services on-time that only makes their job easier in providing good service by getting the materials they need to complete their contracted service that their clients expect them to fulfill.
Pros
Counter Day Celebrations For Customers Appreciations
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to complete all tasks without feeling over-whelmed
Warehouse Supervisor Job Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAJuly 1, 2015
Ok place to work just no growth. No matter how hard you work your always looked over or the position no longer exist. Have all the proper equipment you need to process orders.
Ok Place to work
On-site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nederland, TXMay 13, 2015
if you have worked here many will understand why it is ok. Do not wish to discuss at this time. No more will be added. Lack of appreciation of college education.
Productive and fun environment with hard working people.
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXApril 21, 2015
A typical work day for me is being early for work, starting up and setting up everything that needs to be done before we open. My co-workers are hard working and are always there is I need any help or advice about whats going on in the work place. I think the best thing i enjoy the most is every Thursdays we have meeting to discuss if there are any issues or problems going on that we can all talk about and find away to fix them, and if there is not any issues we just catch up on our progress at work. The management is great there always there to help if needed whether its there email, phone or in person. What I'v learned since I'v been there is that its good to work in a group but its also good to work alone because if I ever do have any questions about anything I can always ask and i no there will always be someone there to answer it.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
N/A
Hagemeyer was good
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 7, 2015
Hagemeyer could be a great company if they got rid of the no drive middle managers. The ones that have been in their jobs for 15 years and no willing to move or promote people over them. It kills the talent of people wanting to make Hagemeyer a better place. I have seen contracts bid out and the managers not willing to try harder, So when contracts dry up in one state the middle manager is still working but Hagemeyer has no need to retain quality workers unless they are willing to relocate.
Pros
Received my Masters Degree free
Cons
Management isn't that good at retaining customers
Very Exciting Job
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 2, 2015
Each day was a day that brought about it's own challenges; which made the job very exciting. No two days were the same, I enjoyed working with the people that I would interact with on a daily bases. Persons' of all races, if the turnaround had not ended I would still be working in that position.
Pros
It allowed me to do what I love giving Excellent Customer Service
Cons
It was only a turnaround and it came to an end...
Well developed work processes & procedures
Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2014
Was able to work as part of a larger team, yet remained independent to select projects. Was able to travel to all of the projects and return home for weekends. The management team had well defined goals and objectives. Overall the work was challenging.
Pros
positive work atmosphere
Cons
very dependent on national contracts
Good place to work but not getting what i want out of this position.
Storeroom Attendant I Storeroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILNovember 8, 2014
I have bigger goals than what this company is able to offer now and in the future. I like the people i work with and i believe the management works hard to take care of their employees. Its just that i have goals and i can not accomplish them where i am right now.
Professionally Competitive Work Culture geared towards Team Players and Innovation
Regional Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Hagemeyer has been an exceptional place to work over the past 3+ years. I've been challenged to grow professionally, and have been given plenty of opportunities to form a path towards success. I would highly recommend employment with Hagemeyer in a variety of roles.