Hagemeyer North America

Hagemeyer North America United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment with hard working people.
warehouse worker (Current Employee), San Antonio TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: N/A
A typical work day for me is being early for work, starting up and setting up everything that needs to be done before we open. My co-workers are hard working and are always there is I need any help or advice about whats going on in the work place. I think the best thing i enjoy the most is every Thursdays we have meeting to discuss if there are any issues or problems going on that we can all talk about and find away to fix them, and if there is not any issues we just catch up on our progress at work. The management is great there always there to help if needed whether its there email, phone or in person. What I'v learned since I'v been there is that its good to work in a group but its also good to work alone because if I ever do have any questions about anything I can always ask and i no there will always be someone there to answer it.
Hagemeyer was good
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Received my Masters Degree free
Cons: Management isn't that good at retaining customers
Hagemeyer could be a great company if they got rid of the no drive middle managers. The ones that have been in their jobs for 15 years and no willing to move or promote people over them. It kills the talent of people wanting to make Hagemeyer a better place. I have seen contracts bid out and the managers not willing to try harder, So when contracts dry up in one state the middle manager is still working but Hagemeyer has no need to retain quality workers unless they are willing to relocate.
Very Exciting Job
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Geismar, LAApril 2, 2015
Pros: It allowed me to do what I love giving Excellent Customer Service
Cons: It was only a turnaround and it came to an end...
Each day was a day that brought about it's own challenges; which made the job very exciting. No two days were the same, I enjoyed working with the people that I would interact with on a daily bases. Persons' of all races, if the turnaround had not ended I would still be working in that position.
Well developed work processes & procedures
Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: positive work atmosphere
Cons: very dependent on national contracts
Was able to work as part of a larger team, yet remained independent to select projects. Was able to travel to all of the projects and return home for weekends. The management team had well defined goals and objectives. Overall the work was challenging.
Good place to work but not getting what i want out of this position.
Storeroom Attendant I Storeroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Gibson City, ILNovember 8, 2014
I have bigger goals than what this company is able to offer now and in the future. I like the people i work with and i believe the management works hard to take care of their employees. Its just that i have goals and i can not accomplish them where i am right now.
Professionally Competitive Work Culture geared towards Team Players and Innovation
Regional Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Hagemeyer has been an exceptional place to work over the past 3+ years. I've been challenged to grow professionally, and have been given plenty of opportunities to form a path towards success. I would highly recommend employment with Hagemeyer in a variety of roles.
Great Place to Work
Cash Application II (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great cultures at work
Cons: strick work hour
Works are great with so many friendly co-workers. The director has what it takes to lead the company, especially in this division in Alpharetta, GA.
Dusty and noisy environment
Crib attendant (Current Employee), newcastle OklahomaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: no time clock to punch in or out
Cons: noisy environment, subject to weather elements(hot or cold)
Issue out parts, pull kits, recieving. Issue out parts according to pull ticket; pull kits according to pull tickets, receiving material from various venders, input inventory in computer, filling paper work, stock inventory monitor parts inventory load parts vending machine. Using Microsoft outlook and excel for communication means.
Warehouse
Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Hopkins, SCMay 30, 2014
Pulling orders for the different departments in the plant.Forklift operator. Co-worker are very good people that works together.
Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 8, 2014
Management provides you freedom to create the Vision, support teams while Planning, resources to Execute your plan, and recognizes your team's success.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 17, 2014
overall a good company, but you are better off to get hired from the outside in for a position. inside promotions don't get as much money as outside hires. management is out of touch with the rank anf file workers.
Enjoyed working and carrying on with the guys
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches with supervisors
I would arrive at 9:00am. I went in ready to start to work. I worked with some great guys. As far as management goes, I had a great supervisor. I really can't say there was anything hard about the job I performed. I enjoyed going out to eat with the supervisors and the other guys.
This was a fun and productive workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
I learned how to drive all kinds of forklifts. my co workers were great people. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people
I would not suggest this company
Production Buyer (Former Employee), Webster, NYDecember 31, 2013
This was not an enjoyable experience. The operations manager out of Buffalo NY is very difficult.
Productive and Fast Paced
On-Site Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Flippin, ARDecember 30, 2013
A fun place to work. Certainly busy throughout day with time management being crucial.
So many opportunities.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits, advancement opportunities, training, variety of job roles to select from, a true apprenticeship to gain valuable knowledge
My experience is that I have enjoyed stretching myself, changing roles every 5 or so years, learning and appreciating this industry.

Not a glamorous industry but a solid one where people get to know each other-Electrical Distribution.

Working in electrical is an apprenticeship, a skill that is valuable. You need to enjoy organization, taking calls and following orders and requests through to delivery. With thousands of possible products a customer might order, you become a private investigator. Your customers grow to appreciate you and trust you to care and provide products they need to do their work on-time. A business strong in trust-must be honest, even during a failed effort.

Continuous training-much on your own, is necessary.

A man's world where women who like to work with people whether by phone or in person and willing to learn the technical information do very, very well.

Great benefits- they seem to improve on every year-last yr added $200 for gym membership per year!

Much advancement is possible but I do not think it is a fasttrack. In this business you do not want to jump forward until you have invested some time in learning product, computer system, and ways of the business so you can gain trust out there.

We contribute to the ongoing construction and maintenance of electrical systems across every town we are in. This is not sales as you might think; we partner with customers to keep them in-the-know of the latest tools/products and to make sure they have all supplies they need when it is their turn at the jobsite and all depends on them.

I love this business-so glad God led me to Hagemeyer.
watch your back
OMAHA TERRITORY ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2013
watch your back. the management team is in high flux and the turnover rate is incredible
Work is busy and fast paced
Service Technician (Current Employee), Geismer LaOctober 8, 2013
Pros: four day work week.
Cons: limited advancement
The work can be routine but as a service technician you travel locally making the work day fly by.
Managed the Store Room
Buyer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: bonues
I managed the inventory and output of the internal store room. The hardest part of my job was probably being pulled in many directions at once by equally management ranked people.
If you do not want to advance
Captain (Current Employee), Sorrento, LAJune 27, 2013
Pros: constant turn around
Cons: constant turn around
At Dupont LaPlace your typical day consists of equipment and apparatus checks, fit testing, fire suppression system inspections. The hardest part of this job is there is no advancement.

About Hagemeyer North America

Hagemeyer North America (HNA) gets a charge out of spreading things around. The¬†company -- a subsidiary of¬†French distribution – Read more

Hagemeyer North America Salaries