Hagemeyer North America

Hagemeyer North America Employer Reviews

Dupont National Account Operations Project Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 8, 2014
Management provides you freedom to create the Vision, support teams while Planning, resources to Execute your plan, and recognizes your team's success.
Too Many Back stabbing people, too many people sucking up
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: management sucks
Managers are sleeping with employees. You get with HR and let them know what's going on, and nothing gets done. One manager that supervises the Fire Ext. group only hires people that go to his church. People that have zero experience and brings them in at top pay. There is no where to advance in that company. Another manager that handles the LSS group.....he – more... has his whole family working there. Even though that is against the rules.

There is no confidentiality in that company at all including the managers.

HR and all the managers are in cahoots. When you go to them with a problem or issue, they get with the managers and nothing gets done....especially when it deals with the managers.

One manager who is now a regional manager got put in jail for DWI and the other manager(Fire Ext) got him out of jail.....and no one at Hagemeyer ever found out.

It's crazy. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Hagemeyer in Pasadena, Texas – less
Good company
Manager (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 17, 2014
overall a good company, but you are better off to get hired from the outside in for a position. inside promotions don't get as much money as outside hires. management is out of touch with the rank anf file workers.
Enjoyed working and carrying on with the guys
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches with supervisors
I would arrive at 9:00am. I went in ready to start to work. I worked with some great guys. As far as management goes, I had a great supervisor. I really can't say there was anything hard about the job I performed. I enjoyed going out to eat with the supervisors and the other guys.
This was a fun and productive workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
I learned how to drive all kinds of forklifts. my co workers were great people. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people
I would not suggest this company
Production Buyer (Former Employee), Webster, NYDecember 31, 2013
This was not an enjoyable experience. The operations manager out of Buffalo NY is very difficult.
Productive and Fast Paced
On-Site Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Flippin, ARDecember 30, 2013
A fun place to work. Certainly busy throughout day with time management being crucial.
So many opportunities.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits, advancement opportunities, training, variety of job roles to select from, a true apprenticeship to gain valuable knowledge
My experience is that I have enjoyed stretching myself, changing roles every 5 or so years, learning and appreciating this industry.

Not a glamorous industry but a solid one where people get to know each other-Electrical Distribution.

Working in electrical is an apprenticeship, a skill that is valuable. You need to enjoy organization, taking calls – more... and following orders and requests through to delivery. With thousands of possible products a customer might order, you become a private investigator. Your customers grow to appreciate you and trust you to care and provide products they need to do their work on-time. A business strong in trust-must be honest, even during a failed effort.

Continuous training-much on your own, is necessary.

A man's world where women who like to work with people whether by phone or in person and willing to learn the technical information do very, very well.

Great benefits- they seem to improve on every year-last yr added $200 for gym membership per year!

Much advancement is possible but I do not think it is a fasttrack. In this business you do not want to jump forward until you have invested some time in learning product, computer system, and ways of the business so you can gain trust out there.

We contribute to the ongoing construction and maintenance of electrical systems across every town we are in. This is not sales as you might think; we partner with customers to keep them in-the-know of the latest tools/products and to make sure they have all supplies they need when it is their turn at the jobsite and all depends on them.

I love this business-so glad God led me to Hagemeyer. – less
watch your back
OMAHA TERRITORY ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2013
watch your back. the management team is in high flux and the turnover rate is incredible
Work is busy and fast paced
Service Technician (Current Employee), Geismer LaOctober 8, 2013
Pros: four day work week.
Cons: limited advancement
The work can be routine but as a service technician you travel locally making the work day fly by.
Managed the Store Room
Buyer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: bonues
I managed the inventory and output of the internal store room. The hardest part of my job was probably being pulled in many directions at once by equally management ranked people.
No job security
Buyer (Current Employee), Webster, NYJune 7, 2013
No Job Security- Management is terrible. Do not get paid overtime for long hours worked. I work for the Buffalo office onsite at Xerox and it is not a pleasurable experience.
To over see daily opertions.
Construction & Industrial Team Lead (Former Employee), raleigh ncApril 2, 2013
Pros: good pay
Load truck,pull orders,route truck,and drive as needed. talk back and fourth to the inside sales.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2013
Pros: liked my co-workers
Cons: stressful environment
provide, quotes, enter orders, and find product for a full line of safety and industrial supplies.
Very good work environment
Sales and Operations Intern (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 12, 2012
I was only an intern there for a summer, but the people and atmosphere was great.
Safety company dealing with all aspects of safety
Fire Hose Tester (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 5, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: unsteady hours
My job was to find, test, and replace fire hoses in operating units.
I learned basic plant procedures
good management personell
hauling hoses was hard
the comradere was good
Warehouse duties
Warehouse Technician, Receiving, Shipping (Current Employee), Orange, TXNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits, holidays off, paid vacation, good people to work with
Cons: no advancement
Overall Hagemeyer is a great company to work for. We do a lot of cross training. We do receiving, shipping, and mailroom functions at our location at DuPont Sabine River Works.
Great Work place
Data Entry/Mail Clerk (Former Employee), North Charleston, ScOctober 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the department that i worked in moved to another state.
Management was great
The great part about this job was there was no one over you shoulders watching you all the time
There was nothing hard about this job.
You were able to learn how mosts of the departments work.
great hours..
Fast paced, challenging workplace
Inside Sales Representative / Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: ability to learn most areas of the business at the local branch level.
I have worked for this company since May 2006. I have been mostly happy with the work, it is challenging, but not difficult. I originally started as a Temp warehouse worker, was hired on permanently six months later and was promoted to an Inside Sales trainee position five months after that.

I left the organization for a short time to pursue my education – more... on a full time basis. When I inquired about coming back to the company I was hired back as a temporary worker again. I have been working in both the shipping/receiving and Inside Sales areas of the business, gaining a broad area of skills and experience. – less
management was very easy to work with
OPTICIAN/ ON SITE CORDINATOR (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: creating a place where employees felt comfortable and secure with knowing you are doing your best
Cons: work enviorment, noise a safety of equipment
customer was not always open to better and more profitable outcome of choices. Management was not matched with experience and or desire .

About Hagemeyer North America

Hagemeyer North America (HNA) gets a charge out of spreading things around. The¬†company -- a subsidiary of¬†French distribution – Read more

Hagemeyer North America Photos