HAGEMEYER Employee Reviews

Rofs
TIME KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXNovember 1, 2017
They are a good place to work. Its more of a turnaround chaser job, but pays well. didnt have any issues on the job with anyone. Have a question ask and they will tell you.
workplace is productive and condusive
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn, GA 30011October 21, 2017
productive and friendly work atmosphere.; good management ; good communication with co workers; round table meetings for opinions; suggestions and contributions towards company's development.
Pros
good benefits, flexible working hours
Cons
very strict management
Customer service friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, GAAugust 16, 2017
This company is no longer in business it relocated to a different city left the company for better pay and job opportunities company was basic off logistics was also in shipping and receiving
Pros
Stared off as new
Cons
Change of management often
ok company always room for inprovement
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAAugust 12, 2017
Ok company always room for improvement keep good relationships with customers and employers get the product to the customers on time and try to stay error free
Pros
ok
Cons
oj
Not Trustworthy
Operations Fire Chief (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJune 13, 2017
Management is poor to react to staff members needs in order to perform task. Discretion and ethics are one of the biggest issues among management and subordinates.
Benefits
Cons
Proffesinalism, Racism, Safety, Quality
It is a very productive place to work and learn a lot about chemical plants.
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 31, 2017
Working st chemical plants is a very sincere dangerous job so you must listen and pay attention at all times. But there's lot of great opportunities in the oil field and pay is very good.
Pros
Very easy job.
Cons
Climbing hundreds of feet in the air.
Good Experience
MRO Store Room Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCMay 25, 2017
Good experience overall. Contract work at a Westinghouse location that limits ability to function and grow. Good people and environment to work with/In.
Great company to work for and enjoyed working in a refinery environment.
Air Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Enjoyed working turnaround and learned all about the air supply technician responsibilities. I worked well with my employees and was very proficient with my duties.
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville,KY.September 9, 2016
Great people and very well trained . Training was constant and on going. nice yearly bonus. Pizza parties almost monthly. Manager grilled out for employees once a month. All kinds of contests with nice prizes for production.
Pros
Just a great place to work
Cons
The company was sold lost my job to down sizing by new owners
Loved working where I was at, but the "management" team makes me ask myself how and why
Tool crib attendant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 25, 2016
This was a fun job putting freight away, getting orders and delivering them. I worked at many of the different Caterpillar buildings in the tool crib. If you have an issue I suggest you don't go to management because it will blow up in your face.
Cons
Head manager over all the tool cribs is very unprofessional
I learned alot in different areas of this company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 9, 2016
Working for this company I have learned my great things such as: great customer service, team building, safety training, forklift training, and team leader skills.
Great Place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 25, 2016
While I was employed with Hagemeyer, I was able to better develop as a sales rep and learn more about how to develop and maintain an account properly.
Management really take care of employees
Storeroom Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2015
Everyone works as a team and management takes care of everyone under them. You learn something new each day on the job. Management is always willing to show an employee ways of completing tasks.
My experience with Hagemeyer, NA was made pleasurable because of the people I worked with.
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2015
HNA has a lot of tenured employees which has both a positive and negative impact to the organization. Positive because of the people and the knowledge they have attained over the years and negative because there's no previous employment comparison of something better. Senior Management was great to work with and very approachable! However, it's hard to do what you know needs to be done when you have "red tape" and when there's no overall "1, 5, 10 year" organizational goals. HNA is successful in a lot of ways because of the hard-work and dedication of the people/managers there. I honestly LOVED supporting them and they contributed to my being there for the past 7 years. Unfortunately, HNA operates with a "mom and pop" mentality and may not always "walk the talk". There are many opportunities that can/should be made to make HNA better but, the people/person in power to make the change may not always see it as a primary focus i.e., succession planning, promoting from within, retention, reward & recognition programs, diversity initiatives etc. which can be very frustrating for high-potential employees, and/or new hires coming in who believe they can make a difference. Eventually, I do believe change will take place and it will become a great company. Hopefully, it won't be at the expense of losing great talent.
Pros
Great people; good benefits; flexibilty of time.
Cons
Lack of career opportunity; diversity initiative; flat organization.
Flexible work environment
Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 13, 2015
On a normal day I monitor the computer and help customers fill their material needs. I also multi-task between recieveing and dispersing orders.
On a scale of 1-10 job rated as a 4
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 27, 2015
A Sub-Standard workplace.
Typical Day is a nonstop workday until you receive your one hour break, no breaks in-between. warehouse workers are expected to muster the bulk of the entire organizations responsibilities.
Management - for the most part was unprofessional save a couple(literally) of office workers.
new management took over head position of the local company and lost 2 major procurement contractors in that span of time. incompetent to the needs of the employees. benefits in the form of pay raise non-existent. lazy office personnel.
the hardest part of the workplace - is the expectation to do office personnel jobs while warehouse workers are burdened with own daily routines and duties.
termination of employees with no intention of hiring suitable help so even more duties fall on current employees and one is expected to do the very same workload with 2 people when the job requires 4.
Cons
NO upward mobility, NO pay increases, Expectation to do multiple office personnel workload on top of ones own daily duties, with NO incentive, New management has NO earthly idea on ANY aspect of the Warehouse which causes a chasm in relations.
stressful
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Axis, ALMarch 28, 2015
A typical day at work is high pace and very demanding. I have learn to operate the Forklift, SAP syetem, and MRO demands. The management here has his pick on who he likes and who he over works. My co Work is older guy who works hard like myself, and a middle age female who is just here. Does little to no work everyday. The hardest part of my job is dealing with negitivty. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with everyone here and producing results to most of the problem i come across.
Pros
free shoes and bonus
Cons
supervisior is unfair
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNMarch 7, 2015
Good place learned alot and have new skills to bring to the table if needed for a future job or careeer. I like the fact that you can work at your own pace, and maintaining the cabinets throughout the plant make time go by a little quicker. Working on the computers 80% of the time made my typing and computer skills advance more as well.
Pros
Laid back not alot of heavy labor involved
Cons
No benifits, no raises, and staying a temp
good job very fast and easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 14, 2015
this job was very fast pasted always busy never a dull moment. awesome job to have that was not hard just busy.
cons
not a good company to grow or move up in.
good hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 23, 2014
The schedule here is great was still able to get off with time left to run errands. friendly coworkers and very organized