Hager Companies Employee Reviews

A company that appreciates their employees and their efforts
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALSeptember 3, 2015
Hagar had many programs in place that made their employees know that all of them were appreciated. They would give points for adhering safety regulations that were redeemable for very nice prizes. They gave a Community Works seminar for the workers each month that gave the employees a chance to socialize with each other as well as management. The program was designed to encourage team work and a friendly atmosphere in the work place
Pros
feeling of appreciation, Christmas bonus
Cons
Moved facility so lost my positioj
Fantastic place to work!
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 5, 2014
Family-owned business that really has its act together. Great culture. Shame it had to shut down and relocate.
Company is below average
File Clerk, Mail Clerk, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2013

Management is very unorganized at times your job can literately be changed at the drop of a dime and you may have to do others jobs without any pay increase. I think for me the worst part about management is that they hire most of their family members and so theirs lots of gossip and backstabbing on the job expecially if you do not have family members working on the job with you.

Pay

You will be payed quite a bit less than what your worth so that's a given.....you could easily be doing three job descriptions for $10 hr or less for instance I was a file clerk, mail clerk and administrative assistant for 3 other employees!!!!

Work Atmosphere

You should be able to have your own office but dont get to comfortable considering you will be watched like a hawk (micromanaged) to make sure your work is pure perfection. If it's not beware they don't have patients to give warnings or small talk you will be fired. This is definantly true if you dont have other family members working with the company.

Hours

They are Monday-Friday 8-5 or 4:30 which are good hours if you have a family ext. You get off early and still have daylight to look forward to.

Other Employees

Everyone are family members so they all talk to each other about YOU and they also talk behind each other backs but they are not rude to your face kind of people, but sometimes those can be the worse because you can be blinded by the smiles and grinds. The employees are pretty nice but they hang out with their managers on breaks ext. which creates a very unprofessional atmosphere at times.

The Training

This
  more... is one of the worst parts about the job because they will put you in training for 6-months to keep your pay the same during the "training time".....From my training experience omg where do I start. When I was hired they where changing up the company structure, my trainer was cursing and talking about her manager and how she sucks, the other employees in different departments where also gossiping about her which made me gag! Depending on who your manager is we'll determine how your training goes.

Benefits

There benefits are good you get paid time off and health benefits ext.

Depending on where you live location is good but the 5 o clock traffic is horrible but not to bad if jumping on highway after work.

I would rate this job a 2 because of what I seen being an insider with the company I mean it was bad talking poor management, bad training and being underpaid. If you don't mind these things + gossip on the job than I would say work with the company but if you knew what was best for you I would probably recommend you keep looking!

Now my experience is from working within the administrative department if your looking for warehouse you experience may be entirely different considering your on the way other side of the building working with mostly guys!
Pros
good benefits, pto, health plans ext
Cons
gossip, underpaid, poor management, bad training, no good structure ext.
Hager does not Promote from Within
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery ALMay 7, 2013
Hager does not Promote qualified personnel from within the company.
The pay is not competitive with other companies in the area while the health care is average.
The company is not Fair, Firm and Consistent with employees.
Pros
good work /home life balance.
Cons
pay, management, growth
very fun family owned buisness
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2012
spoke to customers all day and greeted clients. My manager was wonderful and treated me like family.
Pros
very comfortable place to work.
Cons
nothing
Successful Family Owned Company
Test/Product Engineer II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2012
A great company but do not pay employees market value. Allows for employees to have a good work life balance. Management does a good job but sometimes the family gets to involved in areas that make work harder than it needs to be.
Family owned company with limited growth opportunities
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  St. LouisNovember 29, 2011
Family owned company with family members in key roles, but not present in day to day operations. Lack of leadership so it is difficult to execute strategies with these key roles not present.
Pros
work hours 8-4:30
Cons
low compensation, lack of strategy, lack of leadership