Hagerty Consulting Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Benefits- Unclear Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2016
Typical day for my position was researching project related info
I learned how to independently work with little guidance an no clear instructions from manager
Hardest part of my job was trying to establish the exact assignment
Great place to work. The company truly believes in serving communities in emergency situations
Senior Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkApril 30, 2015
Management is great! Work is in a fast paced environment where teamwork is 100%.

The most enjoyable part of my day is completing a project where I know the end result is helping those in crisis or the rebuilding of a community after a natural disaster.
No comment
Senior Managing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2015
I prefer not to comment or leave a review other than to say. Some employees thrive in company and work environment that Hagerty has cultivated and some do not. Its great for those whom do and not so much who do not. To each its own.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
To many managers
Stressful management style
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  New York CityFebruary 21, 2015
I worked from my hotel room first thing in the morning and four different offices during the day managing consultants managing $1B in federal recovery dollars for the City of New York (NYC). My workday never ended and I worked 14 weeks straight without a break; I was expected to keep jumping higher and higher for Hagerty. I billed 60 a hours a week but worked many more. Hagerty management was in over their heads with the enormity of the tasks at hand following Hurricane Sandy and did not have the trained staff or took the time to train the new hires.

I learned not to trust Hagerty Consulting and to not go to work for a company on their first contract in a new arena.

The hardest part was to be forced to falsify documentation that would later be presented to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for reimbursement.

The most enjoyable aspect of the assignment was teaching others how the FEMA policies' could best be used to maximize the recovery funds available from FEMA and, to design mitigation measures to minimize the possibility of future storm damages to the public infrastructure for the Department of Sanitation and Department of Transportation under direction of the Office of Management and Budget for NYC.
Pros
$100 per hour plus travel and per diem expenses.
Cons
Illegal activities and being lied to by Hagerty management.
a fact-paced environment within a contractor setting
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2014
A typical day depends on the client's needs and deadlines for projects. Hours can be long or normal. Positive relations among coworkers with a sense of teamwork.
Pros
compensation is usually excellent
Cons
work is intermittent; contract to contract
A positive workplace with flexible management
Independent Consultant & Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 2, 2014
This is a great employer to work for if you are driven and able to travel for work assignment.
Dynamic workplace
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2013
Wide variety of projects allows everyone to work on what they like. Sometimes working independently and other times as part of a team allows for development of many skills that can be used in the professional field no matter what job you do next. Government emergency preparedness and continuity of operations are the strengths for Hagerty. You develop great admiration for the sacrifice and effort folks put into your life's safety. Recently delving into public health which has been of great success to the company as well.
Pros
Ample opportunities to develop professionally.