Hagerty Employee Reviews in United States

Love it!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 3, 2015
You feel valued working at Hagerty and all employees care for one another like family.

There is plenty of room for advancement, but you have to be your own advocate. Let your manager know what you want and do the reasons why you want to do them. Make sure that all of your personal development is directed at making the advancement happen.

Put in your time, pay your dues, continuously do great work and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Too many to list...
Cons
Business fluctuates greatly, when you're busy, you're swamped.
Unique Place of work
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 11, 2015
Hagerty is an interesting and unique place to work, with lots of room for advancement. The customer service based company is great, and the other brokers help you out tremendously.
Wonderful work enviroment with encouraging and energetic staff
Client Account Processor (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoy working at Hagerty, the environment is very warm and friendly and the company is more than passionate about what they do. Providing opportunities to grow within the company and generous work benefits Hagerty offers a lot to its employees and takes care of them.
Focused and successful company; fun work envrionment
Licensed Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Worked with the best, considerate and caring people. Had fun at work with daily roles and offsite activities. Learned a great deal about the classic car insurance world. Hardest part of the job was the repetitive nature of the work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, fun atmosphere, good clients, focused planning for growth of company
Cons
Work load - very heavy in summer season; high expecations, pressure on production
Productive and fun place to work
Crib Services (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 23, 2013
Management was excelent in treating you as a valuble part of there business.
I chipped and grinded on Caterpiller motors.
Floater, chipper and grinder (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I really liked the pay rate of this job. In a typical day I would chip and grind metal off of motors that came from the foundries. The hardest part was breathing in the metal dust.
Productive and innovative place to work.
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 22, 2014
A typical day at Hagerty is busy, to say the least. As a licensed sales agent, my phone is ringing constantly with a variety of requests from existing clients/agents or potential clients/agents seeking to do business with our agency. It is a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, but extremely gratifying.

The qualities that make Hagerty such a gratifying place to work are the management and co-workers. There is an overwhelming sense of camaraderie at our agency that makes it easy to be successful. Management makes it a point to keep their associates clued in to all the changes we experience as a company, which ultimately lends to the strong loyalty and pride one has for being a part of Hagerty.

I find it rather difficult to call out "the hardest part of the job" at Hagerty. I suppose with any customer service type position there will be difficulties. If I had to make a statement to that effect, which it appears I do, then I must say the hardest part of being a licensed sales agent is the escalated phone conversations that occasionally occur between myself and our clients/agents. As I stated previously, this is just the type of challenge that comes with working in the customer service industry, and although it is never pleasant, those experiences aid in making one better at their job.

What is most enjoyable about being a licensed sales agent is basically the opposite of the aforementioned statement. When one truly connects with clients/agents and see that they are serviced with the utmost satisfaction, it keeps one motivated. Helping clients/agents come to a resolution
  more... with whatever needs they may have as efficient and as accurately as possible is the most enjoyable part of my job.  less
large company in a small town
Assist agents and customers (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 26, 2012
It is your typical office environment, and the work load is of traditional car insurance.
Pros
health insurance, they encourage community support
Cons
fish bowl environment
Pretty nice place :-\
Cook (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 29, 2013
I had lots of fun till the old exec chef quit to focus more on teaching. Still hear good things from my friends who still work there

4.2