Haggen, Inc.

Haggen, Inc. Employee Reviews

New company and still working productions
Starbuck's Barista (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 13, 2015
The store is okay but lacks employee discounts but overall a good company.

Sales are good at times and I learned that a lot of people do not like change because the store was once vons but it is slowly starting to pick up and starting to be busy again.
A Great Place to work
Checker/ Barista (Current Employee), Silverdale, WAMay 9, 2015
A typical work day for me is just standing at the check stands helping customer finish their shopping experience by checking out. I learned all the produce code for the company, and improved my skill f working with a multiline telephone. The management there is amazing. They are so nice, and love to work as a team to help everyone. That goes the same with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is probably just not getting the hours that I would like to be getting. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing all the regulars that come into the store.
PiC onday and night shift
Night Crew Lead/ Daytime Superviser (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: extra breaks for finishing on time, meal tickets for performance
Cons: healthcare was a big plus and pay reviews most often than not
I was in charge of all operations and would always set the bar high for performance when training new team members. I would make it fun by throwing in numerous challenges that mad it safe and fun to be there.
Productive and fun environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 30% discount on everything
A typical work day consisted of either opening the meat case in the Deli or closing the meat case and the salad case. I would cut meats, make dip, and make entrees for our case.
I learned how to make different kinds of foods, learned better customer service, and how to work different departments.
The management is great and they are all very involved in the Deli, the customers, and the staff.
The co-workers are all very kind and want to see each employee go far in their work.
The hardest part of my job was to remember where everything was located in and around the store.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and my co-workers. They make every day worth it.
Great opportunities, fun, enjoyable work place
Front Checker Book Keeper Back Up Reciever (Current Employee), Arlington, WAJune 7, 2014
Pros: management is wonderful, store is clean, coworkers are great teammates almost like family, i love going to work.
Cons: as always some customers are in bad moods all we can do is smile, check there grocerys through the line, and tell them to have a good day
A normal day at Haggen for me is not usually the same. The reason for that is because I worked in the deli for 10 months and when I was begged by our front end manager to come be a checker they offered me two other jobs as well. Those jobs include being a weekend book keeping and a back up receiver for when Haggen's receiver is sick or on vacation. So therefore I have experienced what it takes to take care of all documents and money with in the store. Also have learned about how to receive in product and how to send out product ect. Management at Haggen is amazing! So loyal and understanding of there customers and there employees. My coworkers are a team, very fun to be around, and not selfish. Hardest part of the job was learning three new departments in 3 weeks. I made it through all trainings exceedingly well and have had multiple compliments from my manager and coworkers. My job is enjoyable in every aspect. The regular customers especially are so fun to interact with day by day.
Enjoyed baking.
customer service assistant (Former Employee), Lake StevensOctober 9, 2013
Typical day at work was packaging baked goods and handing out cookies. I learned to decorate cakes and and make certain breads and cakes. My manager we hardly ever interacted. My co-workers were friendly but our shifts varied greatly so i often worked alone. Hardest part of the day was when i was heavily pregnant trying to hustle and bustle and get everything done in time. Most enjoyable was handing out cookies or decorating cake for someone special. I enjoyed the look in the customers eyes when you knew how much they appreciated a job well done.
Overall a nice place to work, but too much "corporate politics"
Baker/Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Lake Stevens, WASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: clean, newly remodeled stores.
Cons: lack of communication from corporate office, no support from store managers
Since selling the company a few years ago to a large marketing company, the quality of the products has suffered. They hardly make anything from scratch any more, preferring instead to bring in frozen products and passing them off as fresh. The management seems more concerned with making the most profit at the expense of quality and customer satisfaction.
Productive service industry environment for social and outgoing individuals.
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMarch 8, 2013
This company offers great flexibility for work depending on your needs. You have the ability to work part-time or full-time. It offers excellent pay and health benefits for all walks of life. I believe it is ideal for college students looking for extra money on the side or to fully support themselves. The individual should be able to excel in a corporate atmosphere and be friendly and outgoing as you will work with co-workers and the public.
Haggen
Courtesy Clerk/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORAugust 15, 2012
Haggen was my first job i liked it. The job kept me busy after school but a job was a job in school.
Awesome company to work for!
Cashier - Food Clerk (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 21, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling, awesome management
Loved working at this store. Very down to earth and hardworking management. Management is very flexible with availability and scheduling. Co-workers are all friendly and make work fun.
It was a great place to work
Receiving (Former Employee), Beaverton, Or. / Kelso Wa.April 6, 2012
I received all DSD that came in the back door, great place to work i love my job worked with a great bunch of people the management was great.
Friendly place and good work environment
Front End Checker/PIC (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMarch 19, 2012
I worked for this company for many years and I enjoyed every opportunity I was given. If I didn't move I would still be working here. I met a lot of great people and enjoyed the customers. I was able to learn important skills and gain experience.
Needs change in the right direction.
Helper Clerk (Current Employee), WAMarch 7, 2012
Pros: benefits, unions, hr dept.
Cons: morals, standards, respect.
As I walked into this company years ago, I found it to be a nice place to work; over time, I quickly learned that my perception of the company was and is very different. I found that they are very (per what I had been hearing) a great company to work for; and while I agree with a few things they do, I've come to realize, they tend to think solely of themselves, and it's all about keeping the management in their position, whether they are right or wrong. From my experience here, I've seen them (more than not) say one thing, and do another. I've found in my years here, that I am more of a "tool" than an employee, and when you as a company say that you treat your "employees" well; my question is to you, do you have employees? Or just "tools"?. While this is a review; and not just a place to make a statement, I find that while Haggen, Inc/Top Foods, may be great to work for, I've found it to be quite a different story told. When you have a poor idea of morals, and don't keep even your own set standards all that well, I find that it's a very self minded mindset, rather than a team effort, and mindset going forth for a much greater purpose. How you treat someone, is how they most likely will treat you. Being ignorant of those who make your position possible, should not be grounds for disrespect. How you treat your employees, (tools) will be how it will show to your customers. We as your employees are your backbone, not just a number and a face. Treat us with well, and with the respect you yourself want, and see how situations change, and how much more happier your employees (tools) work to keep (even) you in your position.
Fun workplace, lots of great people.
Food Service (Former Employee), Lake Stevens, WAFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: union job, oppurtunities for advancement.
Cons: drama involving seniority.
A great place to work, good benefits, fun people and awesome events.

About Haggen, Inc.

Be Part of The Experience! For over 80 years, Haggen has been passionate about serving our customers with freshness and quality—that’s – Read more