Haggen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
Front End Bagger (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORMarch 8, 2017
No matter how many times it was brought to their attention they never lowered prices in our store.resulting in little to no sales and the store closing.
Pros
Looks good
Cons
Employees get complaints after complaint from customers with no way to remedy the problem.
Miss leading
Cashier/Checker (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Not enough communication, and very disorganized place to work at.
management is not up to date with the company policies or updates
Lies to its employees
wonderful store
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
when haggen too over our vons store I was excited to be a part of it but with high prices and low hours the store didn't last long and I was one of the first 17 the got laid off .
Went out of business
Lobby/ Customer Service Booth (Former Employee) –  Quartz Hill, CAJanuary 13, 2017
All Albertsons employees converted to Haggen employees at quartz hill location. Within months of opening, company went bankrupt and out of business.
First real job, pretty good for me
Orient Express Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WANovember 23, 2016
Typical day was doing serving food to customers, yelling out to cooks when something got low, doing dishes throughout the day to stay ahead and busy. Management was good for my department, co-workers were all really good except one of the cooks who was always rude and mean, but they never fired him and when they talked to him he would just be mean again in a couple days or weeks. Hardest part of the job was just learning it for me, most enjoyable is the good people that work there, and its a pretty routine schedule.
Pros
Chose when to take breaks and lunches
no longer around
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 14, 2016
This was a good company to work for but they are now out of business in Oregon. But i believe they are located in washington as top foods.
Front-end cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 15, 2016
Typical day at work: Typically slow as a cashier, but stayed busy
What I learned:
Management: Very flexible and willing to go out of their way to teach me something new
Co-workers: Negative at times but overall pleasant to be around
Hardest part of the job: learning on the fly
Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people
family friendly grocery store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAOctober 13, 2016
I was a cashier for the last couple years of my time there, I also worked at the customer service desk. On holidays such as valentines day and mothers day I would work in the floral department and help cut and wrap flowers for customers I would say that was the hardest but also the most enjoyable part of that job.
Workplace and my coworkers are very productive.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAAugust 8, 2016
I think Haggen, Inc. Courtesy clerk was a great first job. The coworkers were friendly and very helpful. I learned how to balance tasks that I need to get done on my shift. I am mostly busy with tasks that the courtesy clerk list or supervisor assigned to me. I make sure there is enough shopping carts to go around for customers as well as bagging their groceries. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer satisfaction and the approval of my coworkers.
Pros
Lunch breaks and job union
Not a fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 8, 2016
Don't get me wrong, my co-workers were great and so was my department manager. However the higher up management was TERRIBLE. So terrible I ended up quitting a month after I started and I haven't even gotten my last paycheck from them. The store director was rude and did not take care of the workers, at least the newbies. I understand people like that have a lot on their plate but when asked repeatedly about something and then just walk away is extremely rude. It wasn't a hard job and the pay was okay. Just management sucked.
Productive place to work.
Scan Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
Loved my co workers as well as management. Hardest part of the job was when division office made it difficult to maintain price integrity.
Pros
10% off employee discount
Cons
company knew in advance of closeing.
Not worth it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 10, 2016
Worked there for five years. Would not recommend it. I saw my manager pull expired food out of a garbage can, re-label it, and put it back on the shelf. Upper management didn't care.... The management is a close knit group of pals that will bully anyone who crosses them. And the product they sell isn't any different than any other store yet it's almost double the price. 99% of the food in the deli comes frozen or pre-made in a bag.
Pros
Paid every other week.
Cons
Management. Crew. Product.
Okay job
Meat & Seafood Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAApril 12, 2016
bad management, low pay and people who should have been fired ages ago still have their job I was flashed on by so many individuals it isn't funny never would work there again.
Grocer with a culture compass focused on Community, Sustainability, Supporting Local growers and producers. Best selection of natural, organic food.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 18, 2016
Fast paced, customer service and people orientated environment
Enjoyed working with the community and making a difference.
Ruined a good thing
Store Director (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 16, 2016
Would not recommend anyone work for this company. They've closed locations too numerous to even count at this point. This company is unstable at best.
Not a great company to work for
Manager, Scan Coordinator, Trainer, Conversion (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMarch 4, 2016
Started out wonderful as Haggen purchased select Albertsons Federal Government required Albertsons to sale. Haggen only stayed in business 6 months as they filed bankruptcy.
I worked for Haggens
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  1132 West Branch Arroyo GrandeFebruary 9, 2016
I worked for Haggens for over 5 months. I would of like to worked for the company longer. Unfortunately they went out of business.
employees were very positive on situation we were going through
Dairy Manager, Receiver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work started usually between 2 am and 4 am. I was given multiple jobs, which included book keeping, receiving, price changer, dairy manager and checking, in any given day and able to complete them all the tasks that were required of the job. I have learned to multitask as well as prioritize with communication being the key to both management and co-workers. The hardest part of job was not knowing if the job was going to continue and the most enjoyable was definitely the employees and working as a family as well as learning and the experience I had on so many different titles.
Pros
Experience, learning and being accounted for self motivation
Cons
Not knowing if I would have a job due to bankruptcy with the company
Haggen is a relaxed, fun, and welcoming job.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2016
Before the store I was at became Haggen it was an Albertsons. I started off at Albertsons but at my last year that store was bought out. At Haggen I was a Barista. I enjoyed being a barista very much. The daily responsibilities included, but are not limited to, opening/closing the store, having great customer service, creating memorable experiences for customers, making drinks, cleaning, and dealing with money. The management was very good and cared about their employees. They took care of them the very best they could. My co-workers were awesome. We became very good friends and work very well together. The best part of the job were the customers. I love people so it was very fun to meet so many and change their days. The hardest part was waking up so early and opening the store.
Pros
Great atmosphere and relationships
Cons
Waking up early
Haggen was a very poor employer
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I would cook the product to sell to customers as well as manage the department. I didn't get the chance to see what would happen with the company since the Paso Robles store closed in November.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haggen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3