Hair Club Employee Reviews

Poor management
Hair restoration specialist (Former Employee) –  East BrunswickJune 4, 2015
No room to grow or advance in salary. Commissions are taken away as well as incentives. Paychecks are often shorted. Management is not experienced enough to successfully run and handle the large center and number of staff and clients. Many unhappy faces. The owner is never there to oversee how managers treat clients and staff and how badly they themselves behave. I have seen six managers come and go in a nine year period. The last and current manager/assistant manager trio being the worst by far. They bully, belittle and intimidate staff and clients alike into staying and threaten those workers who escape with non compete contracts that are far too unreasonable.
Pros
Giving clients their hair back and making them happy is rewarding
Cons
Poor management, absent owner, no room for growth, no raises
Taught me a lot about Sales and Customer Service
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 1, 2016
Great Management and co workers. This job was my Sales and Business education. I learned so much and it made me an outstanding Sales Consultant.
I helped people make their dreams come true by regaining their youthful looking hair.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington Il.August 1, 2013
I enjoyed working for Hair Club for Men and Women. My appointments were made via call-ins from infomercials. I had one hour consultations in a private setting to collect information about my potential client. The key was to maintain control of conversation while steering client to tell Me why he or she needed our help. The most satisfying part of the job was to actually see the smile on the face of my clients as they achieved the look they initially wanted.
Pros
salary plus commission was awesome, considering the client received exactly what they wanted.
Cons
having to turn some men away, hair loss was too extreme
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
I have been with HC for 14years and I love it. Management is great and supportive. Things have been different and a lot of changes since Aderans purchased the company... but many of the changes were needed.
Best part of my job is getting to help people every day and changing their lives forever. Our Hair Club For Kids program is great-- sad we even need something like that,,,, but we do. It is an amazing feeling to help those families.

The hardest part of my job is that is can be stressful. From stylists calling in sick and having to deal with difficult clients to meeting budgets that are set a year in advance and based on a certain show rate.

Working Saturdays is hard when you have a family and young kids. There is no getting around this... but Mondays off is pretty nice.
Pros
so many- staff, culture, fun, helping people
Cons
working Saturdays and late days
Great company with a fun company culture
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  FLApril 15, 2014
Hair Club takes care of their employees. The benefits are comprehensive, the compensation is competitive, the company likes to reward hard work and has some great incentives in place at all levels of the organization.
Pros
fun trips, good compensation
Cons
working all saturdays for employees in the field
great job
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2016
I was an appointment coordinator. I worked from a computer receiving inbound calls. I learned how to use different types of software for call centers. My co workers were great, very friendly. The hardest part of the job were the hours. The most enjoyable part was it was like a family.
Pros
prizes, raffles, and free lunch
Cons
short breaks, inconvenient hours, and a lot of down time
Make money, enjoy your work, and do something great for other people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
There aren't many places where you can make a difference every day, love what you do, and make a great living doing it--but Hair Club has it all!
Pros
Great benefits. Great people. Rewarding job.
Cons
N/A
enjoyed working there.
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 4, 2015
nice place to work, taught me to handle irate clients and diffuse stressful situations. also liked the fact that management had bi-weekly meetings for my colleagues and I to get to know each other better and discuss any issues that came up.
Becareful
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 11, 2012
Hair Club is great place to work but you have to have a drive or determination to work there. The security of the job depends on how you really care to be there. The co-workers are fun, welcoming and a little family like atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is the long hours of being on the phone because sometimes its real slow...The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere and and commisson you make!
Pros
great pay, free lunch sometimes, famliy like atmosphere
Terrible mgmt! Will fire you for anything!!!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXApril 20, 2013
The turn over rate at HC is incredible because the management is so bad. The entire company is based on lies. If you believe the saying " you need to believe in what you sell' that is just another reason not to work here. All the managers talk about you behind your back, and threaten you everyday with your job. Not to mention, you have to lie to people and sell them a glorified wig!!! All everyone does is gossip!!! Please do not waste your time with this company.
Do not waste your time
Stylist (Former Employee) –  St. LouisApril 2, 2013
I have been a stylist for an extended period of time when I worked at Hairclub and it was the most hostile, stressful and backstabbing environment I have ever experienced. I am being completely candid when I say this company has no consideration for its employees. Some of the positivities that entail this aspect of hair is the ability to do hair restoration. Many people, men and women suffer from hair loss and it is a delight to give them back what they were missing for so long. You really form a bond and special relationship with the clients. Over the years you grow with the clients, but not with the company in the St. Louis location. It truly is unfortunate.
Pros
clients
Cons
short breaks and constant negativity.
very interesting
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2015
Hair Club is a very interesting place to work. we help the surgeon on his placing the hair follicle. Also we would travel with the surgeon for the weekend to help with the surgeries. Also a very nice place to work.
Pros
Got to some what travel
Cons
Ruff when you do have your own set place, working area
Unprofessional
New Business Consultant & Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 21, 2013
Shady business practices & unprofessional work enviroment. Disrespectful towards top performers. Work/Personal balance is horrible.
Pros
Human Resources
Cons
Unethical, Harassing, Poor management, Lack of trust & respect
Provided cosmetic hair restoration
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 6, 2013
I met with clients to discuss their need for hair restoration. I then serviced and maintained hair replacements according to need and preferences.

I enjoyed working with the clients and other hair specialists.
Pros
relationships, customer service
Cons
working with the chemicals
N/a
Sales Consultant/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALOctober 5, 2014
I loved this job.. working with the clients and the company was great.