Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

Constant turnover and will fire you at the drop of a hat.
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 26, 2017
Definitely more concerned with selling product and up-selling services than what the customers actually want. I felt like a used car salesman at the end of the day. Very big on "secret shoppers" to try to catch people not up-selling. District management is out of Chicago and completely disconnected to realistic goals for this area vs. Chicago. Very inexperienced upper management -- Some district and regional leaders had never even been a stylist. TERRIBLE benefits.....really no benefits at all. Just overall a really terrible company to work for.
Awesome
Assistant Salon Leader (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 22, 2017
Great money and endless opportunities for advancement. Endless slew of walk in clients, and a quick clientele. Home hair care is as must and required from each stylist.
Best work expeirence ever
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
Working at the hair cuttery was one of the best work experiences I have h ad to date. The organization really cared about the advancement of its employees which is how I became a manager.
Pros
Room for advacement
Cons
Great starting point for new stylists
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and met throughout my time there. Managers tend to play favorites, which can become frustrating for all other employees. For me I did not feel like I had any creative freedom. Also, the majority of clients are men.
Business steady
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hampton VirginiaMay 13, 2017
stylists to cut throat? Particularly with people who had been there longer, selfish, rude to include management , same people closing no balance, hated schedule you had to work whatever whenever that's not good for everybody. They expectations were to much for me.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very little break poor treatment to stylist
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Highland, INMay 9, 2017
Coworkers and Salon Leaders made me feel welcomed and were willing to help any stylist (particularly me) that came across any bump in the road. I've never worked with such hardworking men and women that work for their passion everyday. The best part of working at Hair Cuttery was the free salon education.
Pros
Amazing clients and co-workers
Cons
Not exactly getting a break
Very structured, but kind of hypocritical.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 5, 2017
The location I was at had a lot of unprofessional workers who were all involved in management. Compensation switched halfway through my employment to commission based even for beginners. But their benefits were pretty good. Management when I first worked there was extremely disorganized, unprofessional, and reflected poorly on our work. However, this also switched halfway into my employment to a more structured, helpful, and cleaner management team.
Good Starting Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 4, 2017
There are great incentives at HC including 42% commission starting out plus commission for retail sales. You can increase your commission and become a master stylist. Great first job to build skill and clientele. They thrive on package sales and want you to push clients to purchase. It's great if you are a natural salesperson, but can be difficult if you are not.
Pros
Well known, Great first job
Cons
Sales based
Nice company
Salon leader/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Hair Cuttery, although I believe the pay could have been better, there were many different locations and always a multi cultural clientele.
Goal setting and meeting precentages
Manager, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 2, 2017
Hair cuttery is a fast paced place to work if you want to make money,You are paid at 50 percent. the work enviroment can be freindly and also cut throat
Pros
some benifits
Cons
no loalty
It's ok
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg wvApril 27, 2017
It could be a lot better there!! You don't get breaks, and you don't get paid much, but they want you to work yourself to death for nothing. It's always a problem to ask for a day off even for family events.
Pros
There are none
Cons
No breaks and not enough money
Fun workplace in busy environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 25, 2017
Management was very nice about my schedule, very understanding with my school schedule. The staff is really nice here, and the guests are really nice so get to know their names.
Good place to go if your a new stylist or new to the area
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 25, 2017
This was a great place to be when I first came to FL. Clients are handed to you just by walking through the door, but the pressure to upsell is intense. Thankfully, they've restructured the way they evaluate your client interactions, but it's very intimidating knowing you have someone watching you. Be ready to offer a "smile back guarantee".
Pros
Foot traffic, offers benefits, Pto
Cons
Benefits, compensation plans, stressful clients
Good job to grow your skills
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 9, 2017
Flexible job hours with opportunities to increase clientele. Stylists usually stay for long periods and retire through the company, even though there are stylists who do not stay very long. The pay is very competitive. You have to really work and hustle to get a nice pay check. Hair Cuttery doesn't give money to lazy workers.
Pros
flexible hours, increase your skills, Pto
Cons
pay is not that great, stressful clients, benefits, may have to work weekends
Happy environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 7, 2017
Can you please start your career graduating from cosmetology school. Recommend any want to go hear the great teaching you with haircuts and covering even though redline donst have a great variety of haircolor available
feel appreciated, fun, great clients
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740April 4, 2017
I love my clients, just not happy working there anymore. I've learned a lot through my co-workers and enjoy working with them, My manager is great but district leader is not. Hardest part of the job is worrying if I am going to be able to pay my bills that week. most enjoyable is my regulars.
Pros
getting hair done, tips
Cons
health care
This a great place to work
Salon Assistant Manager/Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 4, 2017
I loved working at the salon as a manager for the company. it was the best place to work. they knew how to treat there employees..they got raises and the pay is very well....
Pros
everything was wonderful
Cons
there were no cons
Fun and fulfilling
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 30, 2017
Flexible hours
Awesome manager
Lots of clients
Easy to build clientele
Easy to commission and bonus
Generally friendly clientele
Good products
Pros
Fun, flexible, positive atmosphere
Cons
Wish I didn't have to wear all black
fast paced salon workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAMarch 28, 2017
my typical day consisted of answering phones, stocking shelves, greeting clients, scheduling client appointments, ringing clients out at the register and providing customer service
I wouldn't.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2017
Hair Cuttery is actually a decent salon, if you are lucky enough to end up somewhere with a decent manager. Some are too busy worried about their personal benefit that they don't care about the well being of the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.