Hair Cuttery Salon Employee Reviews

great full service salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMarch 10, 2017
great atmosphere. working many hours as a stylist and manager were rewarding. i recommend working your way up in the company. you have more potential for better salary.
Pros
tips
Cons
receptonist job ok if younger
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2017
This job would be perfect if you're a teenager looking to get experience in the receptionist field. 18 or older would be better according to the schedule. DIdn't get benefits because it was part-time.
Pros
experience
Cons
Drama
Awesome company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 14, 2017
I wish u didn't have to relocate it was an awesome company great management awesome co workers. Met some amazing people. It is a franchise and great place to build.
more, more, more
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 19, 2016
First off all the prices were just raised. To be able to make commission your service sales have to be $860 a week. To get 10% retail sales you have to sell $120 a week. You are paid an hourly wage of $8 dollars an hour if you don't make commission . If you don't make commission at least once a month you get written up. Every 2-3 months they do free wash, cut and blowdry especially for the needy for 5 weeks (3 days a week , say goodbye to regulars). Outside life is not allowed, the salon must be your #1. Short staffed so forget vacation or requesting days off. No holiday pay, no sick pay, you have to work both weekend days before major holiday's. If you become a shift leader you get an extra $20 in your check, that means you do a ton of paperwork and all the manager has to do is schedules and email. Overworked and under paid for only $8.00 an hour. Manager and district manager play favorites. You will find some great coworkers and some not so great. The not so great are the bullies/ brown noser. This one has the best hours but the worst attitude, has already been written up for physically assaulting another coworker but not fired.....interesting? But hey if you still want to work in this place that will demand everything from you don't say I didn't warn you! !!
Pros
paid meetings
Cons
nasty coworker, no time off, no benefits, inexperienced management
Starting out my career at Haircuttery
Key Holder and Sales Associate and Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 10, 2016
When I first started out at haircuttery, everything was great. They offer a lot of classes to get a new cosmetologist more secure with their skills and gives them a new level of confidence. Over time you do build a book and get secure however what I found was job security wasn't always a thing. If you fell out of commission to many times you could be fired and if clients weren't coming in those days it was extremely stressful at times making you have to catch up your week over the weekend. They are open most holidays and thus not giving you a lot of room for family and they are open everyday of the week. They would only if you were part time give you a maximum of 2 weeks a year for vacation and only a limited amount of days if you were sick. Certain sick days would take out of your vacation time. I appreciated working here because I gained a decent amount of experience and I learned a lot from my Manager. She was awesome however I can't claim there wasn't drama within the world place. After a long time being there it seemed like you got trapped in a stale mate not being able to progress yourself more. But for people who are just starting out and want to build their experience and confidence this was a great place to start.
Pros
Experience, Paycheck, Awards, Team work
Cons
No Holidays, Small Vacation time, Not many health benefits
Potential to learn here, build clientele, make guarenteed pay and tips
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Good place for those who are new to the industry or who don't have a clientele. Dress code is black and white. You'll be using Redken color. Must learn to upsell clients. You will achieve commission easier by doing more color than just haircuts alone.
Pros
Has walk ins, easy to apply for job, got hired quickly, can learn a lot from other stylists, offers free technical classes
Cons
Cannot book appointments for yourself unless you become a "master stylist", pressure to sell retail, drama
great place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDOctober 11, 2016
Work for hair cuttery for little while but want to say that the company is great to work for. They give you the opportunity to be with your family an always work with you with your hours . Great management an willing to train you more so you learn all you need to learn.
Great First Salon Job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2016
Great company to begin my career. Learned a lot but I am looking to move on to the next step. I'm looking to transition into a Barber Shop.
Pros
flexible schedules, free education, benefits
Cons
high turnover rate
Great place to start
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDDecember 12, 2016
Good place for new stylist not somewhere you can work at long poor overhead management and lack of consistency between salons and pricing
Help Their Employees
STYLIST / ASSISTANT MGR (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 31, 2016
Hair Cuttery has a great plan on getting their junior stylists to build a book. The culture is great. They also train their managers and assistant managers to develop good managing skills.

Want to know more about Hair Cuttery Salon?

Ask a question
Great for beginning Stylists
Assistant Salon Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2016
I learned a lot from my experiences. Not all management is negative, but unfortunately I worked for a pessimistic manager who did not encourage or want to advance those underneath her. It's unfortunate because this company could be better if they required better management staff and required them to be hair stylists. A non-stylist doesn't understand what it takes to be in the salon full time.
Do not work for this company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2016
This company is the worst to work for. Especially if you are a receptionist. Its no way to move up or get more pay. Also the management is racist and the worst to work for.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Fun work environment
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Drexel hillFebruary 7, 2017
Very great company to work for! Amazing leadership and guidance. Definitely interested in staying part time, I've been with this company for over a year and although I am satisfied, I desire more, I wish to progress more in life
Cons
Healthcare, scheduling
N/A the staff was ok
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at hair cuttery is unpredictable
I learned patience and time management
my co-workers are easy to work with
the hardest part of my job is not having any clients that day
the most enjoyable part of my job is that I change someone appearance just to give them some confidence and make a difference in the day.
Not a good place to work for
Stylest (Former Employee) –  Cattonsville, MDAugust 26, 2016
I have got fired for being S harassment and being harass. I have confront the company and they fired me for it. I will never tell anyone to work for them
Pros
Cons
They don't care
Enjoyable place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 22, 2016
Tips was decent and
..clean...decent products...
colors for hair could use more of..
Steady flow of clients
Prices are decent
Compensation of wages could be better
Managers could be better
Could be better supply of products for stylist to use
the hours there was flexible
the place I worked was very friendly people help each other
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 10, 2017
Was fun to work with diferent people and I actually learn different techniques with them
the hardest part was in slow days , I like to kepp myself busy, but wasnt a moment loose when was slow we always share new things
Amazing company
Salon Leader/ Multiple salons (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJFebruary 27, 2017
I would work here again. I had to move and the location of my salon was too far from home. Depending on your district leader and salon leader you could have a great experience with continuing free education
Professional Salon Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed doing women's cuts and colors along with waxing.
I learned different cutting techniques.
Management was very fun loving and down to earth, I also was glad to have direct help when I needed it.
Hardest part of the job Men's scissor cuts.
Most enjoyable satisfying the customer and going above what they asked for.
Pros
Constancy on customers
Cons
I had to leave due to moving.
Ever learning and ever growing
Professional Stylist/Trainer/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJuly 24, 2016
While in the employment of Haircuttery was able to get Advanced Training learn new computer and customer service skills as well as Hands-On training in management a great company to start and grow with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hair Cuttery Salon. Our community is ready to answer.