Hair Cuttery Employee Reviews

great clients
STYLIST / CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Neptune Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great clients
Cons: long hours
I worked with some great people but things were promised but never came through. Long hours and nights weekend and holidays.
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2015
Great place to work, offers free continued education, can grow with company, benefits, commission based. great people who care about you and the quality of your service.
Hair Technician (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 24, 2015
walk in salon with free continuing education
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 22, 2015
Walk in clientele at salon, fun co-workers, slow season during the summer, under experienced management, minimum wage hourly pay, free continuing education classes
Great Company with a team-player type of attitude
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDJuly 20, 2015
Hair Cuttery is a great company to work for. They provided me with the training I needed for my new career as a licensed Cosmetologist.
HC also offers continuing education and a base salary/commission to high acheiving employees. My team was a group of amazing women who all were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this company to other budding stylists for a good foundation in the hair industry.
terrible place to work
Manager/Hairstylist (Former Employee), Forked River, NJJuly 17, 2015
a lot of false promises. long hours. district leaders were all awful. the pay was not worth the time you couldn't survive on it. no real education. no room to grow
O.K. place to work if you are just out of beauty school.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJuly 17, 2015
Pros: A good manager is hard to find.
Cons: Salons not that clean.
During my tenure I worked at several Hair Cuttery. If you work under a good manager that is knowledgeable life is great. Most of the salons are not very clean unless the district manager is coming in then they clean up the place. Hair stylist can be very unclean and messy such as double dipping when giving an eyebrow wax (the manager said she doesn't do that but I would see her do it all the time.) I would say that 99% of stylist double dip when giving an eyebrow wax.Check it out the next time you get a wax. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. And because of that I get my brows threaded. Much cleaner!
productive and fun workplace in a positive environment
senior stylist (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: excellent work/school flexibility
Cons: no lunch breaks
Great work environment with positive energy and happy employees. Management was at expected level of communication and participation. I learned a lot of management skills and learned how to do inventory and had some management skills for myself being a part time employee. Going to school full time I wasn't at the job much nor was i required to do much, other than some minor opening and closing activities along with customer service.
Good
Assistant Salon Leader (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 11, 2015
Not a bad place to work - just too difficult to live off of 45-50% commission and tips. I like doing hair at home better. I would recommend this job to anyone who is just starting out doing hair, but it's not something someone can live off of forever.
Productive workplace
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Chester, VAJune 25, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Hair Cuttery in just a few months. It is a great job to have when first receiving your cosmetology license. The hardest part of the job is getting your clients to buy retail. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to use your creativity skills. You get to show your art on a live model and that can be very exciting as well as kind of difficult. My co-workers are great and they help out in any way they can as far as answering any questions that I may have or helping if they see me struggling. I enjoy conversing with all of my co-workers as we get along very well.
Very productive, friendly work place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2015
I would have stayed, but due to the economy in the area I was unable to pay bills and take care of my family with a commission only base. I did love it entirely though. I learned so much with dealing with customers on a daily basis and different lifestyles along with what helped with my career. My co-workers were awesome and not to many issues between them. Kept it extremely professional. The only hard part of my job was having to leave. The competition was the best part of the job. It was overall AWESOME!!!
Loved leading a team
Salon Leader (Former Employee), BrooklineJune 17, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: Long hours
Cash security and management.
Team building and motivator,
Setting goals and meeting them
Conducting games and other way to create a fun competitive environment.
Attended to customer and employee needs
Hired and fired accordingly.
Very fun place to work
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: hair shows, parades, classes
Cons: standing for long hours
Typical day was customer service. I learned a lot about customer service and new trends. Management was always great. Co-workers were fun to be around and everyone helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was management, education and hair shows and the fact that everyone got along.
Great career building opportunities
Stylist (Current Employee), Homestead,FLJune 8, 2015
I loved this job, it was a great learning experience however i had to widen my experience. My coworkers were amazing and i learned how to deal with different types of individuals and solve many different problems.
Fun place got to make people feel good
Cosmetologist- Color analyst (Former Employee), Middleburg, FloridaMay 26, 2015
Pros: free hair supplies
Cons: long hours on your feet
Hair cuttery was very nice on allowing you your freedom to express your clients personality. The good part of the day was during the evening because I would get very busy and I like to stay busy. The co-workers were fun. Management was OK, there was a lot of changes and managers seldom stayed very long. It felt really good to make someone feel good about themselves.
Insteresting place to work for cosmotology student
Receptionist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting people
Cons: Not enough pay for receptionist
Busy hair salon, great customer service, company will be around for a long time, Reasonable prices for hair cuts, styles, perms, color, and shampoo.
Ratner is a good company to work for
Salon Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GAMay 13, 2015
Good commission rates, great continuing education, all management works together for stylist. This company cares about employees and treats them right. Believes in team building.
Great place to work after cosmetology school
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMay 6, 2015
Style clients hair
learned to work with people of diverse backgrounds
Management was fair
I loved my job
 Built relationships with clients by offering quality service
 Followed up on urgent issues with prompt phone calls and emails
 Prioritized daily work duties
 Consulted clients
 Managed discrepancies
Having a positive impact on a guests day.
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, Fl.April 22, 2015
Pros: artistic atmosphere
Cons: no break area for employees
- check clients in/out
- restock and rotate product
- assisted stylist
- replenish towels
- make/ confirm appointments
very nice place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: close to my home
Cons: working on sunday
I was hired in to be the salon lead but, it was changed to assistant salon lead to learn more about their culture. The co=workers were very helpful.