Hair Cuttery Employee Reviews

Salon is seriously outdated
Hairstylist- Retail sales (Former Employee), floridaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Coworkers and Clients
Cons: Management
Overall it was a learning experience. Not one I would like to repeat. But I have gained new friends and began great relationships
Nice place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), MarylandAugust 10, 2015
If you have no children or major responsibilities, this would be the perfect job for you. Thank you!
My day to day experience was nice!
Great environment
Stylist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
Walk in knowing you are going to get awesome service and walk out with an amazing fresh clean cut. Walk ins are welcome so new stylists would definitely build a great book of clientele with this position.
Hair Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Pineville, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: Management
I worked at this hair salon
I liked it ok
Management was ok at the time I worked there
Co workers: Some nice and some were not
Didn't really like it there so I left to pursue another opportunity elsewhere
Good place to work, but policies change frequently.
Hair Stylist/ Keyholder (Former Employee), ft.lauderdaleJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexible schedules, strong team feeling.
Cons: stylists lack a voice in the company.
Hair Cuttery will give you an opportunity to earn an honest living, and improve your skills, with a high volume of clients. Individual experiences will vary from store to store, but everyone is held to the same company standards. Unfortunately, what seems like every year the standards change, policies change, and prices change. This can be frustrating not only for workers but also for customers.
great clients
STYLIST / CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Neptune Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great clients
Cons: long hours
I worked with some great people but things were promised but never came through. Long hours and nights weekend and holidays.
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2015
Great place to work, offers free continued education, can grow with company, benefits, commission based. great people who care about you and the quality of your service.
Hair Technician (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 24, 2015
walk in salon with free continuing education
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 22, 2015
Walk in clientele at salon, fun co-workers, slow season during the summer, under experienced management, minimum wage hourly pay, free continuing education classes
Great Company with a team-player type of attitude
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDJuly 20, 2015
Hair Cuttery is a great company to work for. They provided me with the training I needed for my new career as a licensed Cosmetologist.
HC also offers continuing education and a base salary/commission to high acheiving employees. My team was a group of amazing women who all were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this company to other budding stylists for a good foundation in the hair industry.
terrible place to work
Manager/Hairstylist (Former Employee), Forked River, NJJuly 17, 2015
a lot of false promises. long hours. district leaders were all awful. the pay was not worth the time you couldn't survive on it. no real education. no room to grow
O.K. place to work if you are just out of beauty school.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJuly 17, 2015
Pros: A good manager is hard to find.
Cons: Salons not that clean.
During my tenure I worked at several Hair Cuttery. If you work under a good manager that is knowledgeable life is great. Most of the salons are not very clean unless the district manager is coming in then they clean up the place. Hair stylist can be very unclean and messy such as double dipping when giving an eyebrow wax (the manager said she doesn't do that but I would see her do it all the time.) I would say that 99% of stylist double dip when giving an eyebrow wax.Check it out the next time you get a wax. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. And because of that I get my brows threaded. Much cleaner!
productive and fun workplace in a positive environment
senior stylist (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: excellent work/school flexibility
Cons: no lunch breaks
Great work environment with positive energy and happy employees. Management was at expected level of communication and participation. I learned a lot of management skills and learned how to do inventory and had some management skills for myself being a part time employee. Going to school full time I wasn't at the job much nor was i required to do much, other than some minor opening and closing activities along with customer service.
Good
Assistant Salon Leader (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 11, 2015
Not a bad place to work - just too difficult to live off of 45-50% commission and tips. I like doing hair at home better. I would recommend this job to anyone who is just starting out doing hair, but it's not something someone can live off of forever.
Productive workplace
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Chester, VAJune 25, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Hair Cuttery in just a few months. It is a great job to have when first receiving your cosmetology license. The hardest part of the job is getting your clients to buy retail. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to use your creativity skills. You get to show your art on a live model and that can be very exciting as well as kind of difficult. My co-workers are great and they help out in any way they can as far as answering any questions that I may have or helping if they see me struggling. I enjoy conversing with all of my co-workers as we get along very well.
Very productive, friendly work place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2015
I would have stayed, but due to the economy in the area I was unable to pay bills and take care of my family with a commission only base. I did love it entirely though. I learned so much with dealing with customers on a daily basis and different lifestyles along with what helped with my career. My co-workers were awesome and not to many issues between them. Kept it extremely professional. The only hard part of my job was having to leave. The competition was the best part of the job. It was overall AWESOME!!!
Loved leading a team
Salon Leader (Former Employee), BrooklineJune 17, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: Long hours
Cash security and management.
Team building and motivator,
Setting goals and meeting them
Conducting games and other way to create a fun competitive environment.
Attended to customer and employee needs
Hired and fired accordingly.
Very fun place to work
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: hair shows, parades, classes
Cons: standing for long hours
Typical day was customer service. I learned a lot about customer service and new trends. Management was always great. Co-workers were fun to be around and everyone helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was management, education and hair shows and the fact that everyone got along.
Great career building opportunities
Stylist (Current Employee), Homestead,FLJune 8, 2015
I loved this job, it was a great learning experience however i had to widen my experience. My coworkers were amazing and i learned how to deal with different types of individuals and solve many different problems.
Fun place got to make people feel good
Cosmetologist- Color analyst (Former Employee), Middleburg, FloridaMay 26, 2015
Pros: free hair supplies
Cons: long hours on your feet
Hair cuttery was very nice on allowing you your freedom to express your clients personality. The good part of the day was during the evening because I would get very busy and I like to stay busy. The co-workers were fun. Management was OK, there was a lot of changes and managers seldom stayed very long. It felt really good to make someone feel good about themselves.