Hair Salon

Hair Salon Employer Reviews

productive, fun, and what i went throw
carmen unisex (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2014
Pros: having people to talk to, and having medicate
Cons: not relay having brakes
it was a productive place, i did have fun meeting new people and became friends with most of them. a typical day at work is wash hairs, do rollers, clean, and i never really had i brake time id just go to the back and eat something if i was hungry and go back out to finish my work. i learned a few things about doing money, never to argue with the customer – more... instead help them look what they are looking for or help them understand why we do something the way we do it. my co-workers where vary nice, and helped me with everything with i first got there they give me food when i forgot my money and things like that. the hardest part of the job was when the customers get aggressive and don't want to work it out but fit it out and the most enjoyable was make the friends at the job and with the customers and just having the privilege to work with people and being independent – less
Up beat , great services and interesting people
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 18, 2014
A lot of continued education. They carried a wide assortment of hair and skin care production. The staff were easy going and fun to work with.
Fun environment
PHENOMENAL WOMAN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay rate
I was young, here I was taught how to clean thoroughly, how to answer phones, rely messages, and how to have great customer service.
easy work place
Stylist (Current Employee), Swansea, MAMay 14, 2014
easy going work environment love working with my clients. I learned new techniques for hair styles an coloring.
Creativty, learning experiences that gave me insight to a different proffession
Clerical /Assistant, Harirport (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork, and enjoyed the enviroment with in the workplace
Cons: healthcare
I helped in the start-up for the days business. Handled projects responsibly and creatively. Made appointments for customers, bookkeeping, inventory of supplies among other job duties.

Refer to resume for more job duties and responsibilities.
hair stylist aide (Former Employee), Deerfield BeachDecember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Keeps you n your feet, i learned dealing with customers is occasionally difficult but i love it. The hardest part is leaving late nights. The best part was making new friends.
Humorous
Salon receptionist and assistance (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not much of a benefit, breaks were short
Everyday was a vey busy day. While working at the job, i learned to press color and perm hair properly. The manger managed the job productively thus they have been in the hair business for a very long time. My co-workers were ok however i saw few who stayed in the business. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers on a personal level.
Fun talking and getting to know many of the clients
Third Dimension Hair Salon - (Receptionist) (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 11, 2013
Pros: easy work, relaxing and inviting atmosphere, tips
Check all appointments to make sure the none of them overlapped.
Prep towel (wash and fold)
Prep combs and brushes (wash, sanitize, dry)
Resurface waxing bed and mixed wax
Wipe down and rearrange all hair products
Swipe all work stations before and after haircuts
Wash and dry all and any tools used on clients
Cashier and Receptionist
Adjust till and – more... close store

This was a family owned business so all the employees were nice and very easy to get along with. Being able to have fun and talk with the clients is a great thing to have in a job. This job was really great first job. – less
Allow me to do what i enjoy .
Monique's house of braid (Current Employee), Freeport, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: i enjoyjng doing this.
Cons: has ist slow times.
I learn how to manage a business also how to sale my work to people to get them to come to the shop.
Super Nice Place
Intern, Stylist/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2013
I started as an intern there while I was in Vocational School for cosmetology. Everyone treated me like family. I assisted in shampooing , cleaning and learning the steps of being a hair stylist. I would totally recommend going to JmcQueen Salon.
I loved it was my first job and i learned a lot
Veras talk of the town (Former Employee), Banning, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: great work environment, amazing people
it was an amazing salon and I loved working for the family that owned it I learned all my customer service skills and sale's skills from there.
Easy and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Warroad, MNMay 23, 2013
I would arrive at the salon and basically clean for a couple of hours everyday. I cleaned off the stations, did laundry, re-stocked inventory, answered phones, worked the til and cleaned the floors, The management was handled well. My co-workers were pleasant. There wasn't anything very hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was cleaning.
working at a hair salon as an apprentice/ receptionist
Receptionist/Apprentice (Former Employee), Stone MountainNovember 19, 2012
Pros: service discounts
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls and assisting clients. I have learned a lot from this work experience. I have learned how to communicate with different people and how to make a client's time worth while. The hardest part of this job was making sure that every client is satisfied. I enjoyed interacting with clients and using my customer – more... service skills the most. – less
Productive and fun environment
Assistant Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 15, 2012
Typical day at work is answering phones and scheduling clients for hair appointments, doing salon laundry washing & drying towels, keeping salon clean.

I learn that clients expect to relax and enjoy their experience while they are being pampered

Management is great. Very caring and reliable and flexible

Co-workers are like family! Great atmosphere – more... and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone that comes in.

The best part of working there is getting to see the happy faces when job is done. And the client leaving satisfied with finished outcome. – less
A day at hair salon
retail (Former Employee), Newcastle, NSWMarch 27, 2014
Pros: aircon, discounts, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: small paycheck
The salon was an enjoyable experience, it was rewarding and always air-conditioned, a very comfortable environment to work.
i only ever worked after hours on school days so the pay wasnt very high?
fun and great

clean salon

location
Fun place to work
Expressions (Former Employee), Blackpool, ENGDecember 4, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: long days
The staff are really easy to get along with. I learnt how to rinse colours and what to do on reception.
Productive workplace
Reception/Cleaner (Former Employee), Hastings, NNovember 19, 2013
Pros: bonus if we made more than normal
Cons: hair everywhere
Typical day was cleaning hair from floor, booking appointments and banking daily earnings, i learned that customers are always right ?
my co workers were excellent helped me be the person i am today.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and seeing regular clients walk in and walk out with a smile.
gd fun place to work
Apprentice Hairdresser (Former Employee), bearsden glasgowNovember 10, 2013
Pros: gd place to work
Cons: long hours
staff and management were really helpfull and friendly made u feel part of the team
Hard
The academy (Former Employee), Taunton, ENGNovember 7, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: long hours
I had a good day there but it wasnt for me as it was long hours as im in college on monday tuesday and fridays also its mostly paper work to do.