Hair Salon Employee Reviews

Very easy going workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2017
Fun laid back work environment. Encourage you to grow as a stylist and build clientele. Coworkers are inviting and give constructive criticism. Clientele is very friendly and relaxed.
Fun and Balance Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  VAJune 26, 2017
This is a small business but everybody there is kind and hard working ethic. It has a strategy to serve customers and to mange the business successfully.
Pros
Fun and Friendly Environment
Cons
No Benefit
assisting
Dino Palmeri Salon (Former Employee) –  Montrose, OHJune 14, 2017
I assisted three stylists with helping them prepare and assist in receiving treatments at the salon. I would wash and sometimes finish the clients hair so the stylist could move on.
Barber/Stylist
Barber/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Cutting hair and providing good customer service to the clients. A typical day would be to stay busy with cleaning, reviewing salon information to help assure that the client has a good experience; and will hopefully return, and tell a friend.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Hours & pay
Productive work space
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2017
While working here the employees were always nice to me, and were very welcoming and respectful to the customers no matter what. I learned how to properly wash someone's hair, how to braid hair, and how to put in a relaxer. The workplace was very diverse. The hardest part about this job was getting everyone in and out, because the place was always crowded. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people with different backgrounds than me.
Pros
Long breaks, discounts
Cons
Crowded
Out of business
Rain Aveda (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 31, 2017
Salon went out of business. Owners sold it without letting any of the staff know. It was such a fun easy place to work at. The stylist were talented and easy to be around.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Closed
washing hair , and retwisting locs
cut creators (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 31, 2017
very good job for any teen or person trying to make money without affecting school our taking out time if you have children and easy place to not really having to worry about messing up as long as you come on time and listen and pay attention this job is a perfect match.
Pros
fast money, family friendly
Cons
very quick pace, skilled customer serivice
fun work place to be at .
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 31, 2017
i felt comfortable in my work place. a typical day at work would be when a lot of customers walk in and leave feeling beautiful, we are all dominican at my job. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to dye peoples hair, that was my favorite thing to do because i love colors.
great and fun
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
amazing staff, work is relaxed and fun with conversations. clients are easy going, friendly, and polite. management is great. nothing hard about this job if you enjoy what you're doing. the job is really good over all. i just needed to grow more
Pros
great staff
Cons
low tips on slower day
Beauty With Class
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
Take appointments, sign clients in. clean stations and different areas. Answer phone calls, meet and greet customers. Collect debit/credit cards, also cash payments.
clean environment
great clips (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNApril 30, 2017
I came in as a stylist and i set up my station. I then checked in customers and helped clients. If you covered a shift for another stylist on your days off you got paid an extra dollar per hour on top of your productivity rate!
Pros
pay scale
Cons
hours
beautician
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  hair engineApril 17, 2017
I did hair in a salon in oakwood rocky mount NC. I loved doing hair in that area and had a lot of customers. I was there for years and enjoyed my job.
productive and layed back atmosphere
A-HEAD A-TIME (Former Employee) –  mableton, georgiaApril 13, 2017
very good place to work. atmosphere is comfortable. employees are friendly and very personable. prompt service. daily scheduling is on point. kid friendly
Hair Braider (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2017
The hair salon taught me how to do hair as a beginner. I enjoyed Braiding and washing and meeting new people. This job was a new experience for me and I'm glad it happened.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Everything was good
my own business
Entrepreneur/ Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I advertise build my own clientele. I shampoo, blow dry, and style people hair. I paid my own booth rent. even if I didn't do enough clients hair, I still have to pay booth rent.
On
Talk of the town (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2016
I love working always on time love working overtime pick up extra days. Cleaning,open close wash laundry stock preping answer phones. Shampooing hair coloring delivery. I have experience in different field i like that ima multitasking my skills.
Enterpreneur
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
Styling clients hair maintaining a clean work station and greeting. I learned with this job if your starting off new clientele will be hard to get depending on location. Management depends on if your working off commission or renting. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of job is clientele and most enjoyable is I'm able to create my own schedule
Pros
able to create schedule
Cons
clientile
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant to Owner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2016
Everyday going to work , you will learn something new such as spending time with the customers getting to know them, laugh and talk with them. The customers are also older they give me advice about everything especially in the working world.
Business environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2016
Learn how to work with people and good customer service. Learned a skill for other opportunity in my life.
Good people On people skills for future opportunity. I learned how to clean up after my self..
Pros
Good walk for lunch
Cons
Short brakes
Welcoming
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Head TurnersAugust 10, 2016
It was a volunteer placements so was only there for a week which wasn't long enough to make a strong review, but from the short time I was there I found it to be a friendly environment.