Hair Salon Employee Reviews in United States

It was a pleasure to meet new people , pleasure to be a second helper hand for people who need help.
Shampoo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
I helped out as a shampoo assistant ,i also braid hair and style etc whatever the salon stylist needed very professional environment ,I Promoted this business through the internet /flyers being made and handed out hardest part had to been standing for long period times with the wrong shoes on. learned different techiniques and health benefits.
Pros
tips, learned a lot, fun, positivity environment
Cons
moved locations
It's a very fun place
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2016
I love to be there.
I love and enjoy my coworkers
I love my boss
I love to get my job done right
The hardest part about the job is to work with difficult people but we always find a way to manage and make them feel comfortable.
Pros
It's a good way to work with people and comprehend them
Cons
It can be stressful
family like environment but very busy
Owner/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
fun workplace with monthly educational classes very fast paced and friendly people a pleasant famly oriented atmosphere
Pros
meeting new people and helping them
Cons
complaining clients
Nothing to say
Self Employed Business Owner Barber Shop (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 27, 2016
No comment. I was the owner and the operator. We were only open for a little over a year. I was offered a job that was more satisfying.
A typical work day.
Nail Technician/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Calabash, NCDecember 6, 2015
A typical day at the salon was a variety of services on clients. The hardest part of the job was when there was a gap in between clients. The best part of the job conversing with clients.
overall look
Family connections Beauty and Barber (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARJuly 30, 2015
Hello, Every morning is a great morning a new start. A new day to make changes in my life and everyone that surrounds me. I learned to grasp new ideas, and sometimes you have to be able agree to disagree, and still be professional. Management is a great position where you can lead crew members and continue to motivate them to strive towards success. The best part is seeing people succeed.
fun and exciting
Salon Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 19, 2015
love making people happy with felling better about themselves.
The work place is fun and laid back , you just do what is expected of you and go home.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJNovember 19, 2015
Being a Hair salon receptionist was a very good job. It consist of being straight forward and nice to guest. I loved to help them with scheduling appointments.
hair salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 26, 2015
well it was my own establishment, I was running my own place, it was great and I love it ,the pay was nice, I love doing hair I love the customers
Working at a hair salon
Styling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2015
i already have my cosmetologist license state approved, i enjoy interacting with clients and helping transform their beauty.i love learning new things with styling. i have patience when learning a new art. i struggle with time management but have confidence in my work.
Pros
networking with new people
Cons
long hour processes
Productive and fun environment
Assistant Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 15, 2012
Typical day at work is answering phones and scheduling clients for hair appointments, doing salon laundry washing & drying towels, keeping salon clean.

I learn that clients expect to relax and enjoy their experience while they are being pampered

Management is great. Very caring and reliable and flexible

Co-workers are like family! Great atmosphere and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone that comes in.

The best part of working there is getting to see the happy faces when job is done. And the client leaving satisfied with finished outcome.
productive, fun, and what i went throw
carmen unisex (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2014
it was a productive place, i did have fun meeting new people and became friends with most of them. a typical day at work is wash hairs, do rollers, clean, and i never really had i brake time id just go to the back and eat something if i was hungry and go back out to finish my work. i learned a few things about doing money, never to argue with the customer instead help them look what they are looking for or help them understand why we do something the way we do it. my co-workers where vary nice, and helped me with everything with i first got there they give me food when i forgot my money and things like that. the hardest part of the job was when the customers get aggressive and don't want to work it out but fit it out and the most enjoyable was make the friends at the job and with the customers and just having the privilege to work with people and being independent
Pros
having people to talk to, and having medicate
Cons
not relay having brakes
cleaning a hair salon most of the time
cleaner (Former Employee) –  brooklyn nyMay 21, 2015
it was a basic job I started early,and cleaned hair products and kept the store clean besides that I kept stock and counted hair products
Pros
worked around my time
Cons
Fun talking and getting to know many of the clients
Third Dimension Hair Salon - (Receptionist) (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 11, 2013
Check all appointments to make sure the none of them overlapped.
Prep towel (wash and fold)
Prep combs and brushes (wash, sanitize, dry)
Resurface waxing bed and mixed wax
Wipe down and rearrange all hair products
Swipe all work stations before and after haircuts
Wash and dry all and any tools used on clients
Cashier and Receptionist
Adjust till and close store

This was a family owned business so all the employees were nice and very easy to get along with. Being able to have fun and talk with the clients is a great thing to have in a job. This job was really great first job.
Pros
easy work, relaxing and inviting atmosphere, tips
Easy and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNMay 23, 2013
I would arrive at the salon and basically clean for a couple of hours everyday. I cleaned off the stations, did laundry, re-stocked inventory, answered phones, worked the til and cleaned the floors, The management was handled well. My co-workers were pleasant. There wasn't anything very hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was cleaning.
Productive, Fun, And Laid back.
Angela's Beauty Shop (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, GAJuly 22, 2014
My day starts off, with reviewing client book, then making sure everyone remembers and follow through with appointments.
Shampoo Clients and figure out what procedures we will be following. Making sure that clent is satisfied and happy while their time in the salon. Always rebook for another 2weeks at the end of each session.
Pros
create hairstyles that have clients feeling beautiful. also the money is great.
Cons
short breaks
working at a hair salon as an apprentice/ receptionist
Receptionist/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Stone MountainNovember 19, 2012
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls and assisting clients. I have learned a lot from this work experience. I have learned how to communicate with different people and how to make a client's time worth while. The hardest part of this job was making sure that every client is satisfied. I enjoyed interacting with clients and using my customer service skills the most.
Pros
service discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Humorous
Salon receptionist and assistance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2013
Everyday was a vey busy day. While working at the job, i learned to press color and perm hair properly. The manger managed the job productively thus they have been in the hair business for a very long time. My co-workers were ok however i saw few who stayed in the business. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers on a personal level.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not much of a benefit, breaks were short
Creativty, learning experiences that gave me insight to a different proffession
Clerical /Assistant, Harirport (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I helped in the start-up for the days business. Handled projects responsibly and creatively. Made appointments for customers, bookkeeping, inventory of supplies among other job duties.

Refer to resume for more job duties and responsibilities.
Pros
teamwork, and enjoyed the enviroment with in the workplace
Cons
healthcare
Family business
Catering Assistant, Promotional Adviser (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 3, 2013
My review of my family business is that it was a friendly environment and it was fun. Everyday working with my family was great, we got along with each other, helped each other and we had a great business. In the business, I learned about customer service, being a team member and how the business works.

4.2