Hair Salon Employee Reviews

fun and exciting
Salon Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 19, 2015
love making people happy with felling better about themselves.
The work place is fun and laid back , you just do what is expected of you and go home.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJNovember 19, 2015
Being a Hair salon receptionist was a very good job. It consist of being straight forward and nice to guest. I loved to help them with scheduling appointments.
hair salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 26, 2015
well it was my own establishment, I was running my own place, it was great and I love it ,the pay was nice, I love doing hair I love the customers
overall look
Family connections Beauty and Barber (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARJuly 30, 2015
Hello, Every morning is a great morning a new start. A new day to make changes in my life and everyone that surrounds me. I learned to grasp new ideas, and sometimes you have to be able agree to disagree, and still be professional. Management is a great position where you can lead crew members and continue to motivate them to strive towards success. The best part is seeing people succeed.
Working at a hair salon
Styling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2015
i already have my cosmetologist license state approved, i enjoy interacting with clients and helping transform their beauty.i love learning new things with styling. i have patience when learning a new art. i struggle with time management but have confidence in my work.
Pros
networking with new people
Cons
long hour processes
cleaning a hair salon most of the time
cleaner (Former Employee) –  brooklyn nyMay 21, 2015
it was a basic job I started early,and cleaned hair products and kept the store clean besides that I kept stock and counted hair products
Pros
worked around my time
fun and learning
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCOctober 29, 2014
This job was very fun got to meet new people and learn lots of new things while doing so. my co worker are very out going and easy to get along with.
Productive, Fun, And Laid back.
Angela's Beauty Shop (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, GAJuly 22, 2014
My day starts off, with reviewing client book, then making sure everyone remembers and follow through with appointments.
Shampoo Clients and figure out what procedures we will be following. Making sure that clent is satisfied and happy while their time in the salon. Always rebook for another 2weeks at the end of each session.
Pros
create hairstyles that have clients feeling beautiful. also the money is great.
Cons
short breaks
productive, fun, and what i went throw
carmen unisex (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2014
it was a productive place, i did have fun meeting new people and became friends with most of them. a typical day at work is wash hairs, do rollers, clean, and i never really had i brake time id just go to the back and eat something if i was hungry and go back out to finish my work. i learned a few things about doing money, never to argue with the customer instead help them look what they are looking for or help them understand why we do something the way we do it. my co-workers where vary nice, and helped me with everything with i first got there they give me food when i forgot my money and things like that. the hardest part of the job was when the customers get aggressive and don't want to work it out but fit it out and the most enjoyable was make the friends at the job and with the customers and just having the privilege to work with people and being independent
Pros
having people to talk to, and having medicate
Cons
not relay having brakes
Up beat , great services and interesting people
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 18, 2014
A lot of continued education. They carried a wide assortment of hair and skin care production. The staff were easy going and fun to work with.
Fun environment
PHENOMENAL WOMAN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2014
I was young, here I was taught how to clean thoroughly, how to answer phones, rely messages, and how to have great customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay rate
easy work place
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Swansea, MAMay 14, 2014
easy going work environment love working with my clients. I learned new techniques for hair styles an coloring.
Creativty, learning experiences that gave me insight to a different proffession
Clerical /Assistant, Harirport (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I helped in the start-up for the days business. Handled projects responsibly and creatively. Made appointments for customers, bookkeeping, inventory of supplies among other job duties.

Refer to resume for more job duties and responsibilities.
Pros
teamwork, and enjoyed the enviroment with in the workplace
Cons
healthcare
hair stylist aide (Former Employee) –  Deerfield BeachDecember 18, 2013
Keeps you n your feet, i learned dealing with customers is occasionally difficult but i love it. The hardest part is leaving late nights. The best part was making new friends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Humorous
Salon receptionist and assistance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2013
Everyday was a vey busy day. While working at the job, i learned to press color and perm hair properly. The manger managed the job productively thus they have been in the hair business for a very long time. My co-workers were ok however i saw few who stayed in the business. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers on a personal level.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not much of a benefit, breaks were short
Fun talking and getting to know many of the clients
Third Dimension Hair Salon - (Receptionist) (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 11, 2013
Check all appointments to make sure the none of them overlapped.
Prep towel (wash and fold)
Prep combs and brushes (wash, sanitize, dry)
Resurface waxing bed and mixed wax
Wipe down and rearrange all hair products
Swipe all work stations before and after haircuts
Wash and dry all and any tools used on clients
Cashier and Receptionist
Adjust till and close store

This was a family owned business so all the employees were nice and very easy to get along with. Being able to have fun and talk with the clients is a great thing to have in a job. This job was really great first job.
Pros
easy work, relaxing and inviting atmosphere, tips
Allow me to do what i enjoy .
Monique's house of braid (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYSeptember 9, 2013
I learn how to manage a business also how to sale my work to people to get them to come to the shop.
Pros
i enjoyjng doing this.
Cons
has ist slow times.
Family business
Catering Assistant, Promotional Adviser (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 3, 2013
My review of my family business is that it was a friendly environment and it was fun. Everyday working with my family was great, we got along with each other, helped each other and we had a great business. In the business, I learned about customer service, being a team member and how the business works.
Super Nice Place
Intern, Stylist/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2013
I started as an intern there while I was in Vocational School for cosmetology. Everyone treated me like family. I assisted in shampooing , cleaning and learning the steps of being a hair stylist. I would totally recommend going to JmcQueen Salon.
I loved it was my first job and i learned a lot
Veras talk of the town (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 8, 2013
it was an amazing salon and I loved working for the family that owned it I learned all my customer service skills and sale's skills from there.
Pros
great work environment, amazing people