Halff Associates Employee Reviews

They did not value Admin. Assistants
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2017
Most the time I thought management were not being honest with their employees. Not much room for advancement for Admins. No one trusted the HR Department staff who would tell you not to do certain things then turn around and do the very things we were told not to do. Sometimes business became slow. Management let the Engineers get away with anything they wanted to.
Pros
Most the time environment was upbeat
Cons
Did not value Admins.
Flexible schedule
CAD Technician/Electrical designer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 28, 2017
Flexible schedule, good people, great opportunities to grow, tuition reimbursement.
Terrible health insurance........................................
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad health insurance
Professional Company
Auto-Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 12, 2017
Very professional office. Treated all its clientel with exceptional professionalism and delivered all its projects on a timely manner. All employees worked very well with each other. Great work atmosphere.
My overall experiance was unpleasant.
Receptionist/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2017
This company is badly managed, not equal treatment at all. A typical day was handling incoming calls, filing papers, and ordering office supplies. I learned that an engineering firm is not a good fit for me. It is too much a "Good Ole Boy" atmosphere.
Great employee owned company
Electrical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I worked in the MEP department and the senior staff were excellent mentors and very knowledgeable. People were courteous and the job did not drive you to be there until all hours of the night and weekends like some other MEP firms. Of the three MEP firms that I have worked for Halff is by far the best. Both by putting out quality work and respecting an employee's work life balance.
Pros
Great training by experienced engineers.
Cons
Healthcare coverage and advancement.
I really enjoyed learning new methods of solving problems
General Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work I consisted of me designing the drainage system for roadways. Drawing files were constantly being updated and the roadway ROW changed, therefore the drainage areas changed and so did my drainage design according to the drainage areas. I really learned how to produce cross sections in GeoPAK and how to write drainage reports. I also learned the process for proposed developments and how to write a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). In addition to the SWPPP reports I researched proposed development sites to produce Feasibility Reports and coordinate with TxDOT to figure out if traffic impact analysis are needed. Co-workers were friendly and the hardest part was not seeing them again. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing ideas and an overall professional environment.
Pros
Nice schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Great Company
Civil Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2015
Halff associates is a great company. Everyone is very nice and the culture of the company is amazing. The best part about Halff is the work/social balance of life.
Good Engineering Company
Survey Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2012
Surveyors are not at the same level but for the most part a good company
Good company to work for
Instrument person (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxMarch 2, 2012
Good company to work for. Good benefits. relaxed atmosphere.