Halifax Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work & Grow
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Halifax, however I was employed while budgeting changes were being made, so my job security was questionable, however, their opportunities for advancement, benefits, and work environment were excellent while I was there.
Not so great.
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 12, 2017
Not a company that really cares about there employees and keeping them happy. It trickles down and the affects are seen by everyone including the patients.
Poor management, under staffed, poor leadership
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  HBSMay 23, 2017
Overall you can expect poor management, a location that is horribly understaffed, lack of communication and compliance. Minimal focus on client outcomes and staff safety. Poorly run organization.
Exceptional Service Each Day, Each Time, Each Encounter
RRT (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 23, 2017
Good hospital to work for. Decent benefits. Fair leadership. Communication from C-Suite could be stronger. Good community care and services. Diverse patient population.
Challenging,engaging fast paced
MEDICAL CODER (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 13, 2017
Work environment is very flexible which leads to productivity
Learning environment is excellent
Work is very challenging thus keeps you engaged
Every day is a learning experience
Filled with enthusiasm
Pros
Many perks, gym on premises, support many healthy causes.. ie March of Dimes, Breast cancer
Cons
lack of professionalism..to casual
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 29, 2017
Wonderful work environment; great place to work; great benefits and exceptional job opportunities. Truly enjoyed my employment and my coworkers. Hated to leave.
great for new grads
Physician Assistant-Emergency Medicine (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2017
great environment to start your career. Great people. Daytona Beach is few miles away, great for outdoor fun. Not far from Orlando. Recommend this place.
Halifax
CodingCDI SupervisorDenial Management (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 11, 2017
Halifax health has the potential to be a great place, however the culture and grandfathered management staff makes it difficult to withstand. With the dwindling medical staff, shortage of nurses and certain unethical practices working at Halifax becomes a very stressful experience. Low compensation, increasing tasks and duties with no directive support makes Halifax Health an overall stressful place to work.
The managers are hypocrites,charge nurses are back stabbing witches.They break you down and make you regret you met them.
Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Managers and charge nurses are hypocritical,back stabbing middle age witches.Very clique oriented,colleagues always try to set or sabotage your work and ethics.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Needs better leadership
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
I have been over worked and understaffed and not compensated well. They need to stop the raise freezes. Overall not a bad place to work the culture they try and put forth is really nice but in Psychiatry we are understaffed and underpaid. I work so hard and have not had a raise since i started over a year ago and was told they are raise freezing everyone.
See brlow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  303 n Clyde Morris blvdFebruary 3, 2017
The start of law enforcement career.
Improvised first training curriculum for patrol.
SWAT team leader
Police
corporal
Trained in areas of selective traffic enforcement
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
The management is extremely poor at this hospital. They leave all floors and units extremely understaffed. There typically are no raises. The teamwork between nurses is great
Great team to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Top heavy on management. My team of people are great to work with. My immediate supervisor is wonderful. Communication from upper management is poor.
Pros
Great department team to work with
Cons
Poor communication from upper management
Productive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Working for Halifax Health has provided insightful experiences and helped mold me into the individual I am today. I am fortunate to have met so many wonderful patients, doctors, and other staff members.
Great place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 26, 2016
The benefits are excellent and my fellow team members are like family. I have been there for more than 15 years, held many different positions, and I still enjoy my work.
Good to get your feet wet, but don't stay.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 30, 2016
The environment is nothing short of toxic. It's a great place to start out, but I wouldn't plan on staying. Management is beyond a joke. There is bullying and favoritism. If you make a complaint, they will turn it around on you to cover themselves or their fellow coworker pals. The pay is low. The hospital is more concerned about looking good than the actual care they give their patients. It's all about what looks good in the charts. Overall - if you can work ANYWHERE else - go there.
Pros
Paid Leave time is nice
Cons
Poor Management, Toxic Work Environment, Hostile Towards Patients
Pay is horrible
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 21, 2016
You will work your butt off every shift. Job security is awesome as the turn-around is high. Compared to other facilities, time off is usually not a problem. Benefits are horrible. Across the board raises are exactly the cost of the rise in benefits every year.....to the penny.
Love what I do but increasing patient loads and short staff makes it hard to stay.
Registered Nurse ER (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLOctober 22, 2016
Great place to learn and get your feet wet. Often leaves you feeling compromised when nurses cannot take lunches and staff who call out or quit are not being replaced.
Positive work environment with the ability for advancement.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
I was encouraged to increase my responsibilities, knowledge and skills by management. I was given the freedom to implement more efficient processes and therefore employee productivity.
Pros
Supportive administration
Cons
Rapidly changing healthcare regulations
Ranked #2 in the nation Best Places to Work in IT
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 22, 2016
Halifax Health is a great place to work! It is currently ranked #2 in the nation Best Places to Work in IT by COMPUTERWORLD 2016. The hospital is great and they really care about your career development. The offer continuing education compensation and maintain a training budget for each employee to keep you up to date on all things IT.
All team members at this Daytona Beach, Fla., healthcare provider are offered annual health assessments at no cost. Other health-related perks and amenities include free gym memberships, wellness classes, opportunities to participate in walking and running races and a Friday morning health food marketplace. An annual reorientation program called Cornerstone helps employees connect their jobs to Halifax's overall mission. For example, after participating in the program, a server administrator who might not interact directly with patients can make the connection between server up-time and Halifax's goal of exceptional service at every encounter.
Pros
Salary, training, education, paid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halifax Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8