HALL'S CULLIGAN WATER Employee Reviews

Small but great place to work
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 18, 2017
I loved working for Culligan. I would highly;y recommend them to others. I would have stayed but had to move away. It is a family owned establishment and a great place to work.
Customer service
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PA 17361September 3, 2017
Scheduled customer service calls, billed invoices, track serviceman's personal up selling data from day to day, over all year.
Call customer to schedule service if a technician did not have a full day.
Pros
n/a
Cons
backstabing office inviroment
new learning experiance
Bob Hunter, Owner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2017
delivered salt for water softeners,between 50 and 80 pounds,delivered to businesses as well as residential,filled water softeners with salt and drained and cleaned when needed
Culligan of Cleveland has the worst management I ever worked for.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
Just to get you in the door, they'll promise you as a sales rep or delivery rep that you'll make way more than what you will. Trust me I watched it happen multiple times to myself and others in Cleveland. The absolute worst management by far, they'll degrade you while they walk around talking, they will give promotions to people who help the GM move outside of work hours, get on your case daily even if you are doing a great job. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Childish Management, low pay, GPS tracking you all day long every second.
Solid Franchisee with Great Leadership
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 11, 2017
To clarify, I worked for Culligan Corporate in this role as the marketing manager. Hall's was an active franchisee of the corporate office. Great leadership team, excellent dealer feedback to corporate, challenged the core committee to be better overall.
there was none
Outside sales (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 4, 2017
load your truck and deliver water i learned how to do door to door sales management was good, that was what it was like that every day there was no hard or easy part of the job.
Excellent workplace!
Accountant/Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 3, 2017
Great auditing experience! Management was always willing to provide the necessary support and training to the accounting staff. Culture was always positive and energetic!
not my kind of work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 31, 2017
ill have to be honest I didn't really care for this line of work. I wasn't trained properly and that just didn't make me feel comfortable working in this line of work. and I also think the problem was that a new manager was taking over once I got there and the previous manager wasn't running it that good because, a lot of the peoples houses we went to was already unsatisfied with the company and a lot of time took it out on us (the techs). but again I didn't care for the work to begin with I was an HVAC in the pluming field pretty much and didn't care for it.
Boring. Low Brow, Blue Collar Sales
New Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Ozark, MOJuly 29, 2017
I used the job as a filler job while I was in between career jobs. Management was nice and the route guys are good people. You get a company car and free gas which was nice. The downside is for the prairie fire coffee side it seemed to be a bit of an after thought. No infrastructure at all. They have been around since 1960 and are virtually unknown. That and unless you love coffee which I don't it's hard to sell a product you could care less about. Base pay is very low $20k a year plus commission. You make money on every account you sell but you're one and done and don't get any residuals after that. Also it's more of a semi retired man's job. You might work 25-30 hours a week. Hanging out and drinking coffee
Pros
Free car and gas. Easy job
Cons
Boring, low pay, no infrastructure
enjoyed peers made the day go by fast
Collection Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXJuly 14, 2017
A typical day was meeting everyone for coffee and starting the day with instruction. Managed my own time with an early start on my work to complete the day early and assist others. Workplace was sometimes difficult working with different culture than did not compromise. Different task were the hardest part of the job wearing different hats. The most enjoyable part was getting alone with 90 % of my co-workers.
Pros
good staff
Cons
Owner was unpredicable
Alright
Bottler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2017
It was a good first job experience when it came to factory work. Everything else wasn't so great. My manager was probably the best part about it. He made sure everything was done correctly, while my boss didn't really care.
Easy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 6, 2017
I was forced to leave after spraining my ankle. That did not make me happy but it was understandable. Easy job, great people to work with, I don't know much about the new management except that they were the ones that let me go.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Unknown Big Corporate
Unpleasant
Sales Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2017
Was hired at a relatively high salary of $48,000 per year. Training went very well. I spent lots of time with my Regional Manager, as she and others taught me the business. Then they told me it was 100 % commission.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Manager
productive work place.2 and a half years with out a raise.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 12, 2017
good environment.good people. money made it tough to take care of your family properly.its very possible if we would of got yearly raises i might still be their now.
Pros
Good coworkers. Discount on water softners, and free water.
Cons
2 and a half years without a raise.
Good work good boss
Service Technician/ forklift/ installer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 6, 2017
I use to go to people's house's and have customer relations, but than I enjoyed loading and unloading the bottle water containers and run the warehouse part of the business
Pros
Sometimes getting away from the company and doing service work
Cons
Digging trenches to lay pipes
It was ok
Water Softener Plant Technician (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 5, 2017
I feel like I was underpaid for all the stuff I was asked to do. Not to mention the boss I had at the time had no idea how to run the area I worked in. People in charge should really understand the operations of the plant to be in charge of how its run.
stressful
Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2017
working for this company was very stressful especially with the management ...i don't recommend any body to work for this company....not good place to work
Pros
Cons
stressful and management is a disaster
The location i worked at was great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corriganville, MDJune 1, 2017
I liked the office I worked in, but sometimes you had to call the other locations for help or other issues and all were very unprofessional and not very nice to speak with. Had very poor ediquit.
Typical day at work
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chemung, NYJune 1, 2017
Standard day in a plant, working with water and testing. Focus on quality and a lot of math conversions on a daily basis. Also forklift operation and assembly.
Very nice people and easy-going place to work
Sales/Water Delivery (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLMay 28, 2017
Nice place to work with nice people. Try and have three or four company functions per year. They have pretty good benefits along with AFLAC and paid vacation time.
Pros
Company functions and easy going
Cons
No raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HALL'S CULLIGAN WATER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9