Hall Automotive Employee Reviews

Hall
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work. Employees are pretty friendly, pay is not that great, room to advance constantly, plenty of positions to train for, long hours, very busy and successful business.
Decent work place.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Pretty decent working environment considering how busy it could be sometimes. Great customers.
Pros
Work Atmosphere
Cons
Pro Pak scheduling
When they say they will work with your schedule - they don't mean it
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2016
Tons of micromanagement and you really don't know who to go to when you have an issue. This has nothing to do with people personally, it has everything to do with the way corporate runs the company.
Awesome
Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2016
This was a great company. I worked here for 2yrs and would go back if I as giving the chance. The way was good at the time, able to pay my bills and save
Horrible job, horrible management, horrible company
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 12, 2016
This was the worst place I've ever worked at. They expected you to work 6 days a week, not to mention the management was very unprofessional,and you only get paid a measly $9/hour.
great company
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2016
had to move to las vegas - to be with my daughter
- i enjoyed working with this company - if you are moving to the Hampton roads area - this is the place for you
Pros
all of it
Very competitive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 20, 2016
Competitive commission based sales job that required long hours. I learned how to greet people and use my customer service skills to get the job done.The hardest part of the job was getting the customer the right vehicle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the commission checks.
Pros
Commission Checks
Cons
Long work Hours
set schedule and routine
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 18, 2015
We had a daily routine so it was pretty much a set schedule of what needed to be done at different times through out the day.
my co-workers were easy to get along with
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hours
Great working enviroment
Customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  virginia beachAugust 30, 2015
Great atmosphere, and co-workers. Learned how properly schedule customers for automotive service in a timely manner.
Pros
a great working enviroment, good people.
Cons
Varying schedule.
great management, wonderful work environment, was never neglect as a new member to the team
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2015
I have nothing negative to say, loved the job. Every day at work started from planning the day, setting up the goals, then working on getting customers. Management was always there for me, I got answers on all questions, was helped every single time I needed. Co-workers were great, we were helping each other every time. The hardest part of the job was double shift every day with one day off, on which sometimes you needed to come to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and educate them as far as product.
Stable Work Environment
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2015
Hall Automotive's corporate office was a fast paced team environment that I enjoyed. I appreciate the fact that it was stable and steady.
local dealer convenient to home
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Automotive business, high volume dealer with long hours and high expectations. 12 hour days customer driven, I love the customer interaction...hardest part of my day is the long hour and little time for a personal life.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
it was a fun place to work for
Express Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2015
a typical day at work is when your best customer comes in and makes you laugh and what I learned about the automotive is the tools on the cars and my co-workers was great to work with and the hardest part of the job is when there isn't customers coming in
Corporate
TITLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachJanuary 2, 2015
A corporate setting that was the hub for about 20 car dealership stores, very professional that come with corporate perks for working there.
Na
Customer Service/Call Center/ Recepionist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach VADecember 5, 2014
Typical day at work includes answering phones and scheduling appointments. My co- workers are amazing and have become very good friends of mine.
Corporate Office
DMV/Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 5, 2014
The behind the scenes of what goes on after paperwork is done in the dealership was interesting. Handling, the titling, registering, billing, processing, check cutting, payroll, and seeing how each was able to be done in a timely fashion and correctly.
Not so great company
Internet Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 22, 2014
I did not enjoy working here at all. Management seems to not care about us as people at all. I was racially offended often and My manager did not even try to know my name. I was only praised if I made a sell and he had to ask me my name. I had to clock out and make up time if I went to the restroom.
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Hall Automotive Group Hampton Roads
❸ Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2014
An enjoyable workplace with people to help you grow and succeed in your career.
Hall Automotive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 21, 2014
A typical day at work I would answer phone calls for the Mile One company which involves phone calls from customers in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Respond to various emails throughout their dealerships and schedule maintenance appointments.
Pros
The hours and the experience I had received working in customer service
Cons
I was not progressing any further, I was to work in customer service and not exceed from there
Semi-eventful workplace with equal moments of stress and relaxation.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 18, 2014
A typical day working at Hall Automotive consists of taking calls from customers and setting up appointments at multiple dealerships in the surrounding area. The work place can go from almost impossibly fast paced to relaxed in a matter of minutes.

My co-workers are amazing. This is an entry level job, so the majority of workers are either military spouses or college/fresh out of college students. As such, the co-workers create an enjoyable environment with minimum drama.

I would say the most enjoy part of this job would be my co-workers with the hardest part being irritable customers.
Pros
Full time Job.
Cons
breaks are irregular and strictly regulated. Hours fluctuate constantly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hall Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

Hall Automotive Reviews by Location