Hall Automotive Employee Reviews in United States

set schedule and routine
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 18, 2015
We had a daily routine so it was pretty much a set schedule of what needed to be done at different times through out the day.
my co-workers were easy to get along with
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hours
Great working enviroment
Customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  virginia beachAugust 30, 2015
Great atmosphere, and co-workers. Learned how properly schedule customers for automotive service in a timely manner.
Pros
a great working enviroment, good people.
Cons
Varying schedule.
great management, wonderful work environment, was never neglect as a new member to the team
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2015
I have nothing negative to say, loved the job. Every day at work started from planning the day, setting up the goals, then working on getting customers. Management was always there for me, I got answers on all questions, was helped every single time I needed. Co-workers were great, we were helping each other every time. The hardest part of the job was double shift every day with one day off, on which sometimes you needed to come to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and educate them as far as product.
Stable Work Environment
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2015
Hall Automotive's corporate office was a fast paced team environment that I enjoyed. I appreciate the fact that it was stable and steady.
local dealer convenient to home
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Automotive business, high volume dealer with long hours and high expectations. 12 hour days customer driven, I love the customer interaction...hardest part of my day is the long hour and little time for a personal life.
Pros
great pay
Cons
it was a fun place to work for
Express Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2015
a typical day at work is when your best customer comes in and makes you laugh and what I learned about the automotive is the tools on the cars and my co-workers was great to work with and the hardest part of the job is when there isn't customers coming in
Corporate
TITLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachJanuary 2, 2015
A corporate setting that was the hub for about 20 car dealership stores, very professional that come with corporate perks for working there.
Na
Customer Service/Call Center/ Recepionist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach VADecember 5, 2014
Typical day at work includes answering phones and scheduling appointments. My co- workers are amazing and have become very good friends of mine.
Corporate Office
DMV/Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 5, 2014
The behind the scenes of what goes on after paperwork is done in the dealership was interesting. Handling, the titling, registering, billing, processing, check cutting, payroll, and seeing how each was able to be done in a timely fashion and correctly.
Not so great company
Internet Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 22, 2014
I did not enjoy working here at all. Management seems to not care about us as people at all. I was racially offended often and My manager did not even try to know my name. I was only praised if I made a sell and he had to ask me my name. I had to clock out and make up time if I went to the restroom.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Hall Automotive Group Hampton Roads
❸ Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2014
An enjoyable workplace with people to help you grow and succeed in your career.
Hall Automotive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 21, 2014
A typical day at work I would answer phone calls for the Mile One company which involves phone calls from customers in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Respond to various emails throughout their dealerships and schedule maintenance appointments.
Pros
the hours and the experience i had received working in customer service
Cons
i was not progressing any further, i was to work in customer service and not exceed from there
Semi-eventful workplace with equal moments of stress and relaxation.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 18, 2014
A typical day working at Hall Automotive consists of taking calls from customers and setting up appointments at multiple dealerships in the surrounding area. The work place can go from almost impossibly fast paced to relaxed in a matter of minutes.

My co-workers are amazing. This is an entry level job, so the majority of workers are either military spouses or college/fresh out of college students. As such, the co-workers create an enjoyable environment with minimum drama.

I would say the most enjoy part of this job would be my co-workers with the hardest part being irritable customers.
Pros
full time job.
Cons
breaks are irregular and strictly regulated. hours fluctuate constantly.
Hall Automotive
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2014
Great place to get started or continue a career. If you make yourself the obvious choice and are a go getter, you will have advancement opportunities. The management varies because people move around a lot in the car business. This company will give you all the tools you need to be successful, training, is done daily. The toughest part of the job is not having a home life, you will work 65 + hours per week if you are in management and slightly less as a sales associate. The income can be great if you put in the effort and time.
Great training and unlimited income earning potential
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls and waiting on customers to come onto the lot to assist them through their automotive purchase process. I learned how to network with previous customers (Orphaned owners) as well as how to achieve new business through personal networking. At times, we depended on our co-workers to help us when overwhelmed; Practically became family as we spent more time together with one another than what we did with our own families. The hardest part of the job was getting people with challenged credit approved, but it was also very enjoyable because it was very pleasing once we are able to get those individuals approved after they had been denied everywhere else.
Pros
unlimited income potential
Cons
not enough traffic; low sales volume
Productive and a fun place to work
Internet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Va Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Interactive is what I would describe work on a daily bases
Learned Networking, Database Entry
Awesome Manager
Co-workers were fun and helpful at all times
Sales was difficult
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a team and great team players and a great manager! It made going to work enjoyable 40 hours a week!
Pros
catered lunches, smiling faces
Cons
no job advancement for my position
Lead Painter
Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2013
I was the lead painter within the company. I supervised other painters to make sure the job was done efficiently and effectively.
Pros
i enjoy the creativity and the art of painting cars
Cons
i worked long hours and did not see my family as much as i would have liked.
The job was great, but the hours were very long
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  VIRGINIA BEACH, VADecember 3, 2012
Would have loved it if the hours were 50 to 60 hours per week. Instead of 80
Pros
working with customers daily
Cons
14 hour days, open 7 days a week