Hall Automotive Employee Reviews

good people
Service Director / Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2017
Large auto group but you don't feel like just a number. They have a great presents in the community. Very much enjoyed working here. Great people to work with and very much about trying to promote from within.
Pros
Large Auto Group
Cons
Some disorganization
Interesting and rewarding
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 19, 2017
Having the opportunity and the ability to recommend and encourage to purchase a product of a significant value and feel that they made the decision was quite gratifying.
Na
Internet Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 26, 2017
Making and taking calls.
How to manage a large team and how to work together.
No comment.
Fast paced environment, always busy, always something to do.
Poor Management, somewhat bad environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work was unpredictable. You never knew how the management would be on the daily basis. I learned to always keep things strictly business and to never make friends with staff because they stab each other in the back. Never wanted to pay people what they deserved, unprofessional manager.
relaxing
Director of First Impressions/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2017
alot of fun,love working here, the managers are awesome, relaxing work environment. i love coming to work. i take call,work at the front desk. meet and greet clients,customers.
Pros
all benefits offered, great hours
Cons
no cons
job details
express tech (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 25, 2017
your hired to preform express tech jobs but end up in a shuttle bus or washing cars or being sent to other dealer ships they only pay you for one job but have you doing lot attendant jobs detail jobs and shuttle bus would not recommend anyone to work here
Don't Work In The Corporate Office
Switch Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2017
They treat you horrible and talk to you like you are under them it is not worth it. One minute they don't want you interacting with your coworkers the next they want you playing games. they have you do managerial work but don't give you manager money. The job is a joke
Hall
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work. Employees are pretty friendly, pay is not that great, room to advance constantly, plenty of positions to train for, long hours, very busy and successful business.
Decent work place.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Pretty decent working environment considering how busy it could be sometimes. Great customers.
Pros
Work Atmosphere
Cons
Pro Pak scheduling
When they say they will work with your schedule - they don't mean it
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2016
Tons of micromanagement and you really don't know who to go to when you have an issue. This has nothing to do with people personally, it has everything to do with the way corporate runs the company.
Awesome
Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2016
This was a great company. I worked here for 2yrs and would go back if I as giving the chance. The way was good at the time, able to pay my bills and save
Horrible job, horrible management, horrible company
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 12, 2016
This was the worst place I've ever worked at. They expected you to work 6 days a week, not to mention the management was very unprofessional,and you only get paid a measly $9/hour.
great company
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2016
had to move to las vegas - to be with my daughter
- i enjoyed working with this company - if you are moving to the Hampton roads area - this is the place for you
Pros
all of it
Very competitive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 20, 2016
Competitive commission based sales job that required long hours. I learned how to greet people and use my customer service skills to get the job done.The hardest part of the job was getting the customer the right vehicle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the commission checks.
Pros
Commission Checks
Cons
Long work Hours
set schedule and routine
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 18, 2015
We had a daily routine so it was pretty much a set schedule of what needed to be done at different times through out the day.
my co-workers were easy to get along with
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hours
Great working enviroment
Customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  virginia beachAugust 30, 2015
Great atmosphere, and co-workers. Learned how properly schedule customers for automotive service in a timely manner.
Pros
a great working enviroment, good people.
Cons
Varying schedule.
great management, wonderful work environment, was never neglect as a new member to the team
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2015
I have nothing negative to say, loved the job. Every day at work started from planning the day, setting up the goals, then working on getting customers. Management was always there for me, I got answers on all questions, was helped every single time I needed. Co-workers were great, we were helping each other every time. The hardest part of the job was double shift every day with one day off, on which sometimes you needed to come to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and educate them as far as product.
Stable Work Environment
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2015
Hall Automotive's corporate office was a fast paced team environment that I enjoyed. I appreciate the fact that it was stable and steady.
local dealer convenient to home
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Automotive business, high volume dealer with long hours and high expectations. 12 hour days customer driven, I love the customer interaction...hardest part of my day is the long hour and little time for a personal life.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
it was a fun place to work for
Express Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2015
a typical day at work is when your best customer comes in and makes you laugh and what I learned about the automotive is the tools on the cars and my co-workers was great to work with and the hardest part of the job is when there isn't customers coming in