Hallcon Crew Transport Employee Reviews in United States

If you're smart enough to read this, stay away.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 28, 2015
I was only there for the first day of "training" where we drove around a local rail yard for 8 hours in a minivan. After which, when the three of us thought we were finished for the day, the manager went ahead and "activated" us with dispatch. Within minutes 1 of the other 2 guys I was working with got called and had to pick a crew up FOUR hours away. So after a long, exhausting day of riding around with a guy in a minivan just word-puking on us, we were expected to possibly work an additional 8 hours. I was floored. Me, and the other guy I trained with quit when we saw that. There is no way that is safe.

Plus, you're essentially expected to be ready to be called upon over ridiculous periods of time. They need to offer at least 2.5 times the pay and benefits for what they're asking.
Cons
the job itself
This was the biggest joke of a job I've worked!
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, Il.April 15, 2014
Where do I begin?????? At first sight of seeing the job posting it sound like something that had the potential to be a somewhat productive place to earn money. Well, boy was I wrong! Firstly, the job ad was posted under another company's name. The posting that I responded to had another company's name attached to it, yet when called about an interview another company (Hallcon) responded. I thought someone had shopped my information on the website. But after going to the interview, it was explained that the company was in the process of a merger. Red flag number 2: The pay was far different than what was described in the job description. Red flag number 3: This company REFUSED to provide a formal orientation and company handbook outlining who I worked for and exactly how I got paid. Instead, the supervisor whom I interviewed, kept speaking "pimp" lingo and jargon like he had hoes on a corner. Well I guess you can say in a way he did, because we worked long hours , was treated like trash by Canadian National, which is who the services were provided for. PLEASE KEEP READING IT GETS BETTER! Let's talk the actual work itself: You are available to them 12-24 hours a day. Why indeed you are just driving, and you do get breaks here and there, there is so much work and not enough drivers and the dispatchers make it their business to place you on really long trips before you are scheduled to get off so therefore you maybe working 2-3 hours after you planned to be off. If you have kids or a life outside of work forget them and it! You would have to work unbelievable hours to see a actual  more... halfway decent paycheck. The actual vans you drive are kept in poor conditions and the GPS is always broken so therefore you are always lost. Normally in the middle of nowhere. If you are a lady I advise you don't work this job at night because it present you sometimes sitting and waiting for rail crews in unsafe areas for up to 2 hours. In dark wooded areas that sometimes inhibit you getting a cell phone signal. The nasty and unprofessional attitude the Canadian National dispatchers take with you just to give you a call is unbelievable! Management refuses to address it because I assume it's how they get paid, so you are encouraged to take the abuse. In a nutshell, if this is your last resort for a job, hang in there and keep looking! Because this will be the worst employer experience you will ever have. Poor management, poor ethics and poor pay!!!!! BTW, I'm not disgruntled, this was just my experience and had someone given me a serious and factual review prior to applying, I could have avoided this very poor choice to work for them.  less
Pros
nothing what so ever! trust me!!!!
Cons
poor work, ethics, pay and professionalism
good job bad company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILApril 2, 2014
owners did not treat employees well, was not always paid on time. Dispatchers constantly disrespected drivers
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
not always paid on time
Great work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
Great work environment, must be a motivated self starter in order to succeed.

Want to know more about Hallcon Crew Transport?

Ask a question