Hallcon Crew Transport

Hallcon Crew Transport Employer Reviews

good job bad company
Driver (Current Employee), Markham, ILApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: not always paid on time
owners did not treat employees well, was not always paid on time. Dispatchers constantly disrespected drivers
Great work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
Great work environment, must be a motivated self starter in order to succeed.
Think again
Spare Driver (Former Employee), SaskatoonJune 16, 2014
Cons: sign your life to the devil
Do you want to work 24/7 on call as a spare driver? Even when your booked off they call all hours, and if your to tired to drive, well to bad! They would rather you drive unsafe, and if you refuse then you will be written up.

Dispatch is disrespectful, unprofessional, and disorganized. They called up to 12 times while I was driving, 3 calls were for – more... another driver in another vehicle, the other calls were for ETA, different dispatchers calling for the same information. They don't care how much they distract you while driving, and expect drivers to do all the thinking for them. If you say your in Didsbiry they should be figuring out the ETA, instead of distracting the driver. Dispatch is not only disorganized, but downright rude when you tell them your not sure of estimated time of arrival, they will repeatedly ask again. They can't even pull out google maps to help the drivers. We have to pull out our phones, pull over and figure it out for them wasting our time and adding to the delay. To this date, only one dispatcher has helped me as a new driver. Like I said dispatch is disrespectful, unprofessional, and disorganized.

like i said, if you want to work as a road driver, the pay is horrible, you can be on call 13 hours before getting a shift, and be expected to work through the night for 10 hours. To get 8 hours of work with short tips, and time waiting in between trips could be up to 15 hours. The on call work, means that it's next to impossible to have a life, as you can wait 13 hours, and when they do call you must be absolutely ready for work. If your not, and don't take the trip while you have been on call forever, well expect to be written up! – less
Oppurtunity to work lot's of hours if willing to work throughout the 24 hour day
Spare Driver (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: you can make lot's of money if you are willing to drive 12 hours on each rotation.
Cons: scattered and sometimes long hours
Working with Hallcon Crew Transport consisted of transporting crews between stations, hotels and trains in various locations. Trips were sometimes from Medicine Hat to Calgary, Lethbridge, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Brooks or local areas such as Dunmore, Bowell, Bow Island or even just within the city of Medicine Hat.
When transporting the crews, the – more... crew may ask you to stay and assist them while piecing a train together, which means I would transport the conducter around various area's.
The hardest part of the job is receiving calls at any possible hour and being required to accept trip whether tired or not.
Also by making yourself available on the driver board, you are not guarenteed many trips or a trip for several hours, as drivers go on a rotation and you start your shift on the bottom of the rotation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with the CP Rail Crew members, and the Hallcon dispatch team. – less
Enjoyable job
Driver (Current Employee), Estevan, SKSeptember 7, 2013
I enjoy working for Hallcon. They have helped me and my family out. They offered me a transfer from Ab to BC from a part time job to a full time position because as a spare driver I was willing to do weekend transfers to areas that needed temporary help.

When I left it was not due to the job but because the area I was living in was to expensive. When – more... I contacted them later they took me back with open arms. – less