Halliburton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,897 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and demanding, if you can keep up you can move up.
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 5, 2016
Halliburton offers middle of the road compensation but tremendous benefits. Employees are expected to work hard and often long hours. Good culture of promotion from within with online course training and career path management.

In downturn, anything can happen. Massive layoffs without looking into future employee potential. I finished 1st in my Block 2 class and was put on High Potential list, then 3 months later was laid off for the simple fact that my salary was higher than my peers in the same role. Was not offered to be backed into a previous role while others were. All about the bottom line.
Pros
World class benefits, fair compensation, plenty of hours in a Boom
Cons
Very long hours, can get lost in the shuffle of a big corporation, Quick to lay you off in the bust
Changeling and rewarding career
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COMarch 18, 2016
I started off at Halliburton Energy Services just looking to pay off my student loans and had planned on finding a new job in a year or year and half tops. Little did I know I would start one of the most changeling and rewarding careers I have had to date. Not only did I find working with Energy customers extremely rewarding but learning the aspects of the Frac/Acid product service line was extremely intricate and more technical then I originally thought. I enjoyed every moment of working for this company and it was a difficult but necessary decision to end my career after four years.
Pros
Great benefits, Working out doors, Technical, Physically demanding, learned how to drive a semi truck.
Cons
working long hours, long commute to locations sometimes
Halliburton would be a great company if they showed more appreciation to all employees.
Lead Technician II (Current Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Halliburton has great benefits for an Oil and Gas company but the compensation is very minimal. They will start off most entry positions at $13/hr and raises are very hard to get. Raises are usually at a "freeze" point. Working long hours (12+) and barely having the money to get by is rather ridiculous. I have busted my butt for this company only to be demoted from Supervisor to a Lead Technician because they favored another employee, who has less experience, poor spelling and not as great a physical laborer worker as myself, only because they have relatives in the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor compensation, poor management, long hours
Highly regarded company witin the industry.
Wireline and Perforating Operator (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, OKJanuary 30, 2016
I gained a significant amount of knowledge about the Oil & Gas industry while employed with Halliburton.

Typical workdays consisted of 12 or more hours on a jobsite location.

Gained a great deal of knowledge about down hole operations.

Local management was usually very technically proficient.

Co-workers were generally technically proficient.

The hardest part of the job was finding a path to utilize the benefits of my educational and personal skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work/life balance.
Pros
Good work/life balance and global opportunity reach of company.
Cons
Local mangement failed to take action about workplace violence threats.
Productive and Friendly environment.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMarch 6, 2016
Being part of Halliburton team ensure appropriate leadership and professional behavior. I was provided with coaching, training, and opportunities for growth. Promoting cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables. Adding value to the company's products and services. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, Good safety Culture, Good management support
Cons
long hours, poor quality of life
Growing and old company...excellent training provided
Procurement Specialist C.P.M. (Buyer) (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 27, 2016
The only drawback for Halliburton as far as career is the ups and downs of the industry they work in...Oil and Gas...with that aside, this is a great Company to work for. You have every opportunity to develop and grow with the company, They are world wide, so you have opportunity to move around the country and world if you choose to so so. They have great benefits and profit sharing....and pay is competitive with most anyone.
Pros
Strong Company....and growing..
Cons
Energy Company.....
Great learning environment, lots of ongoing training provided, advancement opp.
GROUND BOSS (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 30, 2016
Very harsh hard working out door environment, long hours, but the company compensates well, great benefits, paid ongoing training, advancement opportunities. Managers are great and you build a team. Income is worth it if you can spend time away from family and of course if there are contracts.
Pros
medical benefits, income, advancement
Cons
job security right now
Productive, Great NB Campus
Principal Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
Great Place to work with wonderful coworkers. Long hours and short staff. No backing from management. There is a lot to learn from this company. Uses a lot of different programs.
Pros
Great benefits, 2 great gyms on campus.
Cons
Not fair on advancements & promotions
Great Money and Benefits / Long Hours with Extreme Micromanagement
Senior Operator II (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 30, 2016
14-16 hours a day
2 weeks straight on
1 week off
Vast Knowledge to be learned
Co-workers made the job easier during hard spots
Rigging up equipment and rigging down equipment in extreme weather environments is the hardest part of the job
I love accomplishing goals and that's just what the company teaches you
No room for advancement (management) if you're not mathematically inclined
Great Pay when work is around!!
75k+
Some work pays bonuses which can help with 5k-20k more a year!
Pay is bad hourly, this Job is crucial for overtime pay.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Oilfield work is low atm
Lots of advancement opportunities
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Halliburton has many product lines, offices around the world, and a lot of differing job types within the company. With so many positions available motivated employees can move up in the company every 2-5 years.

However, when hiring Halliburton casts a broad net; so some of your coworkers may be less than qualified. A few of those under qualified employees magically find their way into management from time to time. This can lead to some poor leadership.

The work life balance depends greatly on the product service line, but many positions require 24 hour phone contact. And for field personnel this can mean going to job sites at any hour of the day while on call, for days a time.

Want to know more about Halliburton?

Ask a question
This is a roller coaster type employment.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 5, 2016
Like all businesses in the Oil Industry, Halliburton has highs and lows. This last one was one for the books, but don;t count this company out. Like all businesses, Halliburton has it's dysfunctional moments, but if you're young and want to learn.., this company has a lot of room for advancement and the opportunity to work in a worldwide workforce. It was a learning experience working there, both good and bad..
Pros
Excellent benefits, good place to learn.
Cons
Volatile market means heavy work load at times and then cutbacks.
401 K , Paid Training , Paid Cdl W/ 2 Year Contract
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Halliburton Is a Very Physical Job, So U Have to Want it,
I Know A Lot Because of there 3 Weeks Training , And there Tests that they give you at the end , but hey great Benefits and 401K , Also offer you a lot of overtime and offer you food whenever your working on site , usually work a 12 hour on and 12 hour off , depending on jobs and stages. your co-workers are usually your bst friends at the end of the day , and thats because this job can be very dangerous , and one thing that's messed up , could impact everyone , so trust is very important. Getting to drive the trucks and Learning the job , because Halliburton does offer raises as well And hey if your good enough you could be a big boss in a matter of years.
Pros
Free Food, healthcare, benefits, CDL
Cons
not much, extreme weather
Great people to work with, not so much to work for.
QA/QC Inspector/production welder (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 9, 2016
Management referred to shop employees as meat in a grinder. Worked there several years with no raise. I stayed for the benefits. It was the best insurance ive ever had.
Pros
insurance
Cons
culture, management
#2 O&G service company in the world, but....
Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
The company has grown too big to live up to its core values. Senior Management is caught up with its own progress up the corporate world and is far removed from the problems and challenges the everyday employees face. Promotions to senior management are biased, mostly done as patronage appointments.
Pros
Perhaps a good company to add to ones resume.
Cons
Most senior management engages in a culture of self-aggrandizement.
decent place to start when the market is good
LEAD WIRELINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COFebruary 29, 2016
you can get hired without experience and advancement is readily accessible as long as the market is good. compared to competitors the pay is garbage. some weeks I work 100+ hours, some I am capped at 40 hours. continuous cuts in pay and weak bonus structure.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
brutal hours, market exposure, management is hit or miss
Horrible Treatment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKFebruary 28, 2016
Halliburton was one of the worst companies I have worked for. They spent all this time training me and getting me ready for work. Then after they shipped me to work it didn't last. They are management heavy and don't plan to far ahead. They lied to me and kept telling me I was going back to work for 6 weeks before laying me off. They are the lowest paying company for the same jobs that other companies pay 2 or 3 dollars more an hour with better benefits.

More than once I have heard that they are a company you work for to get your foot in the door until you can find another company to work for.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, Communication
Good company but challenging
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
In normal times it is a great company to work for, good pay, good benefits and challenging. The company culture can be challenging at times as the business thrives on competition between organizations, positive tension... I've enjoyed most the management team and people I've worked with.
Pros
Pay, benefits, strong code of conduct
Cons
Tension between organizations
Productive and great training programs
Service Supervisor I - Frac/Acid (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 19, 2016
Work up in the Jonah field and the Mesa field fracturing wells. A typical day at work - swap out with the other shift, get job updates, and carry on with pumping wells - sometimes it depending on where/who we worked for, we would frac 3-6 zones per shift. Management was always supportive, but sometimes indecisive especially in the winter times - for example, sometimes they'll try to convince us to keep fracing even though we're out in extreme temperatures - overlooking the hazards of extreme temperatures. Coworkers were very helpful in my progression from an Operator Assistant to a supervisor role. The hardest part of the job is traveling on a 2 weeks on and 1 week off schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is progressing from one area to another learning how to operate different equipment.
Pros
Free lunches, quarterly bonuses, flexible vacation
Cons
Delayed promotions
Big company lots of opportunities for growth/ challenging workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 7, 2016
I had a great time working for Halliburton. The training they gave me was two months long in Houston and I learned almost everything about the job. I was able to make very good connections with my colleagues with that as well. The job itself was fast paced and challenging as a field engineer. The only thing was the management in West Texas was not highly organized. Halliburton is huge so it really depends on your department, place and the type of management.
Pros
Big Name, Good Training, Decent Salary and employee benefits
Cons
Job in security, No set schedule, Un-experienced management
Great Pay, No life, No Job Security
Lead (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXOctober 2, 2015
The pay at Halliburton was ok. I would work 6 days on and 3 days off 12 to 14 hour shifts. Considering the amount of work i would put in i would expect to be making more then i was making. I only got one 10 cent raise in two years with the company. Job security is non existent. I have seen countless amount of people come and go. And as in my case when the oil prices fell so did my position. There are a few good people that work with the company that actually care about their employees. But for the most part management is a joke. HR is a joke also, if you would ever go speak with them about an issue the whole yard would know within hours. I'm not by any means bashing Halliburton, it is a good company to work for. Although there are a few things that they can work on to make the company better for everyone that works there. Especially the ones who put in all the hours.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Long Hours, No Job Security, Poor Management in some cases