Hallmark Aviation Services Employee Reviews in United States

happy place
Customer Service-Airport (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 26, 2016
Very nice place to work,the hardest part of the job is all the laws you need to know.happy people, clean job. Management have open door policy.
Pros
know different culture
Cons
Part time
Work hard with joy
Check-in Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 5, 2015
Usually I start the work with the supervisor's briefing. Greet the passengers who come to the check-in counter and start the check-in procedure. Handling their travel documents and luggage. One hour before scheduled boarding time, I go to the boarding to do the announcement to get passengers updated. Assist passengers boarding and co-workers at the boarding gate. After flight I need to file related documents. If I've been assigned to be cashier, I will need to handling all the payments from passengers and file daily sales report after flight.

I love working here because I always have fun with my co-workers. On flight cancel days, we would go out for dinner and other activities.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes I may encounter some unreasonable passengers. But I've learned how to handle the problems by time.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Late working schedule, from 930PM till 2AM
Fun workplace with various company events.
Load Controller / Ramp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2015
A workday within this company can go by real quick due to it's busy nature but not so much that it will stress you out since you have a lot of support. One can learn multiple skills that normally take up one job such as a cashier, front desk agent, clerical work, customer relations, and critical decision making. The management usually changes often so it might be a bit difficult to form a steady workplace relationship with your superior. Co-workers usually end up being like family since you need really need to work as a team to get through the shift. The hardest part of the job for me was getting used to the different shift times since you have to keep up with the changing airline schedules. Overall it was a good experience. You learn a lot, and you attend several company events.
Pros
Insurance, healthcare, and flight benefits.
Cons
Odd shift schedules depending on the airline.
Productive workplace with a great team and business manager
Customer Service Agent - China Airlines (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2015
I worked for China Airlines specifically, so the hours weren't the best. I worked from 9:00pm until 1:30am. Typically, the process of checking in and attending to requests are manageable. The co-workers were great because they made the experience better. They were also very helpful and attentive when you first start. I've learned how to use their reservation system and how to dealt with passengers when they make special requests or when there is a delayed flight. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fulfill the passengers' request, whereas vice versa, it's the greatest feeling when you're able to.
A degrading experience!
PSA (Former Employee) –  DFWJune 5, 2015
The managers were very disrespectful to the employees. Yelling and very unprofessional. I did not enjoy this job. After the first month I knew I had to look for something else. I wouldn't recommend Hallmark Aviation to my worst enemy! All the policies and values they list are not followed. Most of the employees there are very unhappy. Not a good environment to work in. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Degrading
Able to utilize customer service skills
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Hopkins AirportMay 12, 2015
A typical day would be checking in passengers for flights on Frontier Airlines. Required to work as a gate agent, jet bridge operator and baggage service agent.

I learned to work under pressure and with a diverse group of people.

Supervision had more responsibility than the manager. Management did not follow company rules and regulations when it came to discipline. A majority of my co-workers did not seem to have work ethic and made the company look bad with passengers,

The hardest part of the job was running from the ticket counter to the gate in order to get flights out on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people every day.
Pros
Able to utilize all my customer service skills
Cons
No company contribution to healthcare
Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 7, 2015
The job is very challenging and I love it. You meet new people with different culture. The working environment is very comfortable. The management is very helpful in everyway. Co-workers are fun to be with. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you check-in guest and tell you about their experience on their vacations.
Product and fun place to work
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  NY/NJMarch 15, 2015
I've been with the company for 5 and it's more than just an organization. it's a family. I currently server as a Duty Manager in the Tri-State area. A day at the office is really how you interpret your own managerial skills and philosophy.
Pros
warm and friendly people. opportunity to be promoted is endless.
Cons
renumeration need to be a better in keeping with industry standard.
Great place to work.
Senior Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2015
Its fast and busy place to work at, but very rewording among an nice team of coworkers and supportive management.
A lot of openings around the accounts with Hallmark and great possibilities to move up within company.
Pros
All benefits.
Cons
No meals provided.
Great Company
Emirates Airline (LAX) - Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2015
It was a helpful place to work for at the airport in Los Angles. I enjoyed working at that airport. Helping each passengers to have an joyful flight to their distance. My peps where very helpful to help out if I didn't understand anything we all worked as a team.
Pros
customer service
Productive and fast paced work environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2014
Working at LAX can be fun but stressful at times. Thanks to all the great training and people skills I posses, I make my life easier working for Singapore Airlines. There are moments when I receive angry passengers but that is nothing a little bit of social skills can't handle. I have a way of working with people that would benefit both them and the company by having the passengers understand the stressful situation and not have them blow things out of proportion and having them understand what we do here at LAX. But overall, it is a pleasure assuring passengers a safe and long, comfortable flight that has them looking forward on flying with us again. I see familiar faces all the time and having them recognize me on their next flight gives me a piece of mind and a thumbs up on me doing a good job.
Exciting but political
Turnaround Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Wonderful job, the airline aviation industry is very exciting, fast-moving and pressured. Having the challenge each day of accomplish a reachable but arduous goal made the position motivating. Work politics are the downside at times.
Productive and fun atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for growth.
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 22, 2014
A typical day ay work involves a lot of social interaction, both with staff and passengers. There are the usual challenges but at the end of the day when all aircraft have departed, everyone forget about the challenges and looks forward to the next day's work.
Pros
fun place with great atmosphere conducive to learning. great benefits as well
Cons
salary could be a bit more considering the state of the economy.
Entry Level
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  LAX; Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2014
You will be working as a check-in agent. Great entry level position for airline industry. Very fast pace environment. You will get a chance to encounter different types of people daily. Thus, if you are a people person this will be the job for you.
Pros
fair
Cons
you may be spending most of the time at the airport
Contract Position at LAX airport
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2013
This is a great place to work if you are into Customer Service. Management is excellent and will work with you on your schedule if you are going to school or have other obligations. Little opportunity for advancement. Expectations on the job are very high compared to the hourly wage. Variance pay makes it seem like you are making over $15 per hour with health benefits, but the reality is low take home pay.
Pros
health benefits: medical, dental and vision
Cons
pay $45 per month for employee parking, no flight benefits, early am or late pm shifts
Great place to work with great people!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 9, 2013
This company, depending on the location, handles the customer service for multiple airlines. The Hawaii location handles Qantas, JetStar, WestJet, Air Pacific, Air New Zealand, and Asiana airlines. A typical day at work will be early mornings, Starbucks coffee, and constant dealings with customers. The co-workers are awesome and they work as a team. It was hard leaving this company because it was the best 3 years of my life!! But, my daughter comes first! ;)

WARNING: if you dont enjoy talking to people, can't navigate on a computer, type horribly, or cant work as a team DO NOT apply!! There's enough of those already there!
Pros
great team work! great environment! great people!
Cons
some managers lack brains!, pay is low, no benefits!
sociable and friendly
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2012
Every my work day differs from the next and the previous ones.And each day is a good lesson for me.Our company has a good and organized management.All my co-workers are from different countries with different cultures.As I like very much my job I can't remark any difficulties.For me the most enjoyable part is the moment when I see aircraft safe landing or taking-off !
Pros
bonuses
ok
Dispatcher/Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros
health benefits: medical, dental and vision
Cons
salary could be a bit more considering the state of the economy.
Excellent Workplace
Customer Service Agent/ Flight Service Controller (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 27, 2012
A full flight is always a typical day at work, we always have to work fast and accurate. Ive learned. These are the things ive learned:
•Attending passengers assistance
•Handling passenger baggage inquiry and complains
•Satisfaction relationship with the passenger
•Setting appointments through phone call inquiry
•Work independently and with groups
•Receiving inbound and outbound calls
•Announcing flight information and reminders
•Checking of passports for proper visa
•Checking of passports for any mismatch or duplication
•Preparation of pre-flight and post- flight paper works (FLIGHT CONTROLLER)
Mangement is good, everyone in the job has a set schedule of work everyday
The hardest part of the job is when the flight get cancelled because this is where we give accommodation and comfort to all passengers
The most enjoyable part of the job is our co-workers. Everyone is fun to work with.
Pros
401k
Cons
shirt breaks
A great place to work for
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2012
Hard work to ensure guests have a wonderful experience, employees are happy to work for our company, and lastly, help the company exceed our revenue targets!
Pros
lots of opportunity or growth
Cons
healthcare, additional expenses such as parking

Hallmark Aviation Services Reviews by Location