Job opportunity that helped me gain a vast array of knowledge.
Pros: flexible schedule, stable job.
Cons: low amount of hours (less than 15/week), short lunch, no healthcare, no benefits.
1. Typical day at work consisted of:
- Maintain Department Fully Stocked &Organized
- Perform Modular Change outs
- Build store displays
- Reorder Needed Merchandise
- Label Merchandise
- Offer excellent Customer service
-Supervise Assistant Co-workers
- Work with store Dept Manager and Managers on frequent occasions
- Perform departments Pay From Scan – more... Discards
- Maintain clean, attractive and well-zoned display fixtures
2. The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours a part time associate like myself received. Managing such a bid department by myself with 15 hours a week do to company cut-backs would get tough.
3. The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to meet alot of new people from the chain of store I serviced (walmart). Also, testing my skills every day and being able to give my full potential on a daily basis.
4. As a retail merchandiser for hallmark, you are working unsupervised the majority of times. It was my responsibility to handle all changes or issues withing the department and communicate via phone with my manager. Personal communication with management was needed on a daily basis but with those of walmart, not hallmark. – less