Hallmark Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Caution
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAFebruary 22, 2016
Job duties were not explained fully in job interview. Now, I'm supposed to re-arrange my personal schedule to accommodate needs. Mngtmt is horrible here.
Pros
Flexibility in time off
Cons
Management is terrible and extra duties are constantly added to my work load
Much dissatisfaction with staff. Reluctant to change.
Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAJuly 28, 2015
as a hospital in OB/GYN, there are 3 shifts and 3 units. It was often difficult to know people that you work with. I found that 12 hour shifts worked well and provided a nice work/life balance. Management was usually receptive to areas of concern.
Pros
job flexibility- self scheduling
Cons
large unit, change management was poor, communication difficult with so may shifts and department
Na
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 5, 2015
Hallmark Health System (HHS), which includes Lawrence Memorial Hospital (LMH) of Medford and Melrose-Wakefield Hospital (MWH), have announced affiliation plans with Partners HealthCare. The goal of this affiliation is to provide high-quality, coordinated care to HHS patients in the most appropriate locations, and whenever possible, closer to their homes in lower cost community settings, the foundation of our Population Health Management initiative.

The value for HHS affiliating with Partners is the opportunity to become a fully integrated member of a coordinated system of care with primary, secondary and some tertiary care in the community and the availability of critically acute or research-based care at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), one of the highest ranked hospitals in the country. By keeping patients within a coordinated system, HHS can track the quality of their care more effectively and focus on the cost of that care by eliminating repetitive procedures, such as tests and imaging that can happen when a patient sees a disconnected number of providers. Working within a coordinated system will also diminish fragmentation of care, which is a known cause for increased costs. And the proximity of Hallmark Health System and MGH provides the opportunity to use existing facilities more efficiently and effectively to coordinate available patient services for the region.
fun place to work -friendly doctors and staff
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAMarch 15, 2016
very busy family practice learned a lot from doctors , manager is very professional, co-workers are fun and good team players. hardest part is to draw blood in newborns, everyone has a really good attitude
good place to work
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MANovember 2, 2015
The lab is a fun work place with supportive management. Like in any other health care setting if you are there to do the work you will not be bothered.
Good Place to Work
Certified Phlebotomy Tech/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Something new everyday never know what will happen
Love my patients, they are like family
Enjoy working with the staff at the Medical Building
we are like family
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stoneham, MANovember 8, 2015
I have worked here for the past 26 years as well as ever other technologist. We are like a family as we know about each others families and personal life. We cover each other for time off and work well together making the job enjoyable to go to. The hardest part of the job came 3 years ago when the company made cuts and many of us had our hours cut and one was laid off.
N/a
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAOctober 4, 2015
Good place to work, excellent manager, patient are good, community very good, day at work very busy place to work, busy phone, hardest part of work need more staffing, my co-workers need to be more team players, the most enjoyable part of my job assisting the patient
Finance (Current Employee) –  WoburnFebruary 22, 2015
I love working for Hallmark. The people are all great and don't take themselves too seriously. I feel like my work and time are valued and appreciated.
Pros
managers, pay, advancement
Cons
benefits---health insurance insanely expensive
Some units staff are allowed to be rude,have blatant disregard for chain of command and each unit is allowed to be an island
Nursing (Current Employee) –  MelroseMay 31, 2014
Each unit is an island, directors have double standards, fight among each which is reflective on their staff. Your opinion does not count unless you're part of the special group. Staff's overworked and undertrained. Some doctors lie to families and patient when their ego is hurt.
Unless you enjoy lip service, being ridiculed, you're not patient centered and are easily mesmerized by certain achievements which look amazing on paper ...stay away.
IT IS INDEED ONE OF THE WORSE PLACE TO WORK
Pros
free parking
Cons
some units have a culture which allows staff to be crude, un afraid of consequences and self centered
the staff is friendly to work with
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed working directly with the doctors and patients. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot there. I was working with 9 doctors on a daily basis rooming patients and getting vital signs, checking to make sure medications and allergies where updated. I would perform EKG's as needed.
Not the best
Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  MAJanuary 15, 2014
The management is not the best. Not enough patient flow to support job security. The management staff especially the lower management staff are very unprofessional.
some very nice Doctors to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Malden, MASeptember 4, 2012
my most enjoyable day at my job was looking forward to see my patients. I enjoyed drawing blood daily and interacting with my patients. the only dislike I had was the supervisors did not interact with their employees and alot of time I felt alone or I was not being recognized for my hard work. The patient recognized my good performance more than the supervisor did. It felt really good to have patients only want me to draw their blood and not anyone else. I loved all my co-workers and I know for a fact they felt the same way about me because we stay in touch outside of work.
Pros
discounted movie tickets, the patient loved when i drew their blood because i performed a painless job on them.
Cons
not enough interaction with managers
Overall great work environment
Finance & Accounting Associate I (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 9, 2014
Great culture, workplace attitude and dedicated employees.
Productive and fun work place
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Hallmark Health is an organization that prides itself on exceptional patient care. Its a pleasure to serve the community and grow within the organization.
would love to go back
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAJanuary 7, 2014
People are great, culture was great..Money was low..left to increase earning potential..Staff are all very skilled and knowledgeable. Always left w a smile on my face..Stress was very low.
great enviroment
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 18, 2013
hospital with outstanding benefits. Well organized and supported
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
some equipment outdated slightly
challenging and fulfilling
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 13, 2014
A fast paced environment which challenges your knowledge, encourages continued knowledge acquisition as well as provides educational opportunities .
Quality
Phlebotomist, Laboratory Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAOctober 23, 2014
Company provides quality patient care and supports employee continued education
Great Medical Office
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 30, 2013
Friendly staff members
Great customer service
Very professional
Wonderful Patients
Free Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Health System. Our community is ready to answer.