Work with a market leader in service!
At Hallmark our mission is to deliver a superior lending experience to our clients through the quality efforts of our employees. Our goal is to focus on customer needs by providing industry expertise, state of the art technology, the highest level of service, professionalism and the utmost integrity. We operate with excellence, and we are only interested in you if you are someone that can commit to the same level of service.
Hallmark Home Mortgage, LLC is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator for our Cincinnati Branch.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Solicit new residential loan business from Realtors, borrowers, builders and others, take loan applications, and other duties in connection with the loan process as Hallmark may from time to time direct. Use best efforts and direct entire business time and attention to advance the interests of Hallmark while meeting each borrower’s needs.
1. Assists the borrower in determining the proper loan program.
2. Complete mortgage loan application process with borrower.
3. Conduct loan interviews with borrower in order to complete residential loan application to meet secondary market mortgage conforming guidelines.
4. Order mortgage credit report to determine credit worthiness of applicant based on industry standards and company loan policy, and collect any required fees.
5. Present eligible mortgage options to borrower; lock in rate upon verbal acceptance of terms.
6. Structure loan to comply with acceptable lending practices and Federal regulations.
7. Manage a pipeline of leads, applications and rate locks.
8. Identify appropriate cross sales opportunities for Company products and services or refer borrower to appropriate department (Hallmark Insurance and Hallmark Settlement Services).
9. Contribute to a culture of teamwork and open communication, including offering assistance and/or special skills, leads, training and participating in joint calls with all other internal and external staff.
10. Work cooperatively with the Operations department to ensure that high levels of customer service are being attained.
11. Review competitive pricing strategies and ensure new procedures and products are effectively implemented.
12. During the mortgage loan process, the mortgage originator should communicate with the borrower, loan processor and underwriter and any others necessary to ensure the loan process is progressing efficiently.
13. Maintain a proficient knowledge of all Company products and services as well as industry trends and benchmarks, and products and services offered by the competition.
14. Maintain and nurtures existing client relationships.
15. Prepare and distribute approved promotional flyers and materials.
16. Consistently achieve or exceed performance goals.
EDUCATION: Current and valid NMLS state MLO license or if current NMLS registration only: 1) must complete at least 20 hours of pre-license educational courses and must pass the SAFE MLO test, a written examination that satisfies any state and federal test requirements. Educational courses and tests must be completed prior to employment. Continuing education is also required annually. High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Experience with FHA, VA, and Conv. loan programs. Understanding of secondary marketing conforming guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of PC, Windows, Microsoft Office and Outlook. Proficiency in use of various mortgage origination software modules. Ability to compose a professional business letter or email. Proficient in use of sales process and relationship building technique. Working knowledge of all agency guidelines to include but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and/or other investors. Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas including but not limited to Truth in Lending, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA).
SKILLS: Motivated to exceed goals in a customer needs based selling culture. Strong commitment to provide excellent customer service. Strong work ethic. Ability to think critically and solve problems. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Handle multiple commitments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Possesses strong organizational skills.
We offer an excellent benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, paid vacation and holidays.