Hallmark Rehab Employee Reviews

Making a difference
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Hallmark Rehabilitation was an excellent workplace. The culture and leadership were excellent. However, Genesis Healthcare has purchased and absorbed Hallmark and its affiliates. This is the reason I am seeking employment at this time. Loyalty and culture are worth more than a "paycheck".
Pros
Travel and Incentives program
Cons
Great work environment that makes a difference in patients' lives
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for Hallmark Rehab. The day-to-day interactions that the physical, occupational, and speech therapists have with their patients make a noticeable difference in their abilities to complete their daily living activities.
Unethical with minutes
Speech- Language Pathologist CCC-SLP (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 2, 2016
I got a call from the federal government about a director of rehab who was ramping up minutes unethically when I was a clinical fellow at a facility in California. Being a clinical fellow is scary enough because you're worried about not getting your license so you want to try and please management. Company also lied and refused to give me my paid time off that was due to me at the end of a year. Unethical in many ways
Enjoyed working here overall
Regional Area Manager/OTR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 4, 2016
Frequent travel limited work family life balance but overall enjoyed working here. Good compensation package. Good management support except occasional for breakdown in communication/direction. Company focus on future changes and growth with pretty good teaching/training opportunities. Many incentives to encourage retention.
Pros
Focus on future outlook
Cons
Frequent travel to various distances, including overnights
productive unrealistic
Director of Rehab/Physical Therapist-SNF (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 25, 2015
bean counter managerial attitude …. more worried about unrealistic productivity values than delivery of health care … expects therapists to work off clock to ensure unrealistic productivity levels are met
Unclear
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CASeptember 13, 2015
The position duties were unclear. Misleading information given when requested to accomplish goals. Lack of communication between departments.
all about the bottom line and profit
occupational therapy (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 20, 2015
Emphasis on doing more with no help when asked how to do more than 8 hrs work in 8 hrs or less. Implying borderline ethical techniques to get more income with no increase in staffing or assistance
This experience was in a brand new facility
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxJune 13, 2015
The experience in a brand new facility for nursing and rehab was difficult to engage with staff outside of therapy due to turn over of staff.

Initially, our therapy team worked well together; but, with time favoritism and unequal treatment became evident, dividing our team and resignations started.
Pros
Beautiful, state of the art therapy dept.
Cons
Poor mangement
Terrific culture. Too bad they were merged with Genesis. I hope the new organization stays true to the Hallmark spirit.
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 3, 2015
They really embrace their values of "believe, commit, inspire". If you ever get a chance to work with Laurie Thomas the CEO of Hallmark, count yourself blessed. She is truly an inspiring leader.

The hardest part of this job is saying goodbye since they are moving finance to Pennsylvania.
supportive, with ongoing communication as needed.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 23, 2014
Hallmark is supportive of their therapists by providing the ongoing training and resources as needed.
A typical day at work begins with a schedule provided by the rehab director of the patients that need to be seen on that date. The other therapists, speech, physical, and occupational, are there for collaboration or co-treatment opportunities throughout the work day.
The hardest part of this job is maintaining productivity for the employer while providing quality treatments for the patients.
The most enjoyable part of this job is assisting the patients towards the lifestyle they love.
Great Place to Work
Full-Time, Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 26, 2014
Company delivers resources to help you be the best therapist you can be
great rehab team
PRN staff PTA for sub-acute SNF (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAAugust 18, 2014
always encouraging employees to further their professional interests
Great people but little room for advancement
Billing Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAAugust 11, 2014
The co-workers in my department make it a fun place to work at. However, the overall monetary compensation and opportunity for growth is not desirable.

Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, primarily advanced Excel techniques is required.

We occasionally participate in department meetings, offering suggestions for improvement of processes.

As a Billing Resource Specialist, throughout the month we assist and communicate with clients and field staff regarding variances identified during the reconciliation process of Medicare Part-A Census Reports versus our internal Billing report.

We also performing monthly peer audits of billing and reconciliations.

Various customer-specific reports are also completed on a monthly basis per the clients request.

We work with little to no supervision to meet tight deadlines on a monthly basis.
Pros
Company provides free lunches occasionally
Cons
Low Monetary Compensation, Few Raises in Pay
great co-workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 21, 2014
Great co-workers, but haven't had a manager for months now. Difficult communicating with human recourses.
Great place to work-therapy,nursing,housekeeping and maintanence all worked together
PTA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2014
I loved working for this company as you can tell by 10 years of service. The building I worked in was sold to another company and I was not willing to work for them.
Pros
Modalities, free CEU, management reachable
Cons
Benefit package expensive
COTA (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Excellent staff, team players, very professional environment.
Great opportunity
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  Plaza Manor in Kansas City, MoJanuary 17, 2014
Learned alot of management skills and financial aspects of running therapy dept successfully. Good repore with entire building staff and therapy contract company. Good utilization of building team playership for betterment of patient care.
occasionally poorly directed work assignments and lack of support through upper management.
Full Time Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Fair place to work.

good staff, supportive and fun.

Neglected facilities to work in, poor job environment.

No room for advancement.
Pros
good supportive staff
Cons
Poor work environments.
Understaffed but did the best that I could to excel regardless of the circumstances
Patient Care Technician/CNA (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 7, 2013
I found that management was unorganized and most members of the management team were very unprofessional.

I found that small problems within the facility often escalated and became bigger problems due to a lack of leadership displayed by the management team.

The best part of the job was caring for the residents and listening to the stories that they would often share about their lives.

The hardest part of this position was constantly being asked to work understaffed and the fact that many team members were unwilling to help their co-workers with things like transferring the residents or answering the residents call bells.
Pros
Wonderful residents and flexible schedule
Cons
Understaffed, Poor managemnt, Lack of leadership
Great company to work at
Assistant DOR (Current Employee) –  RiversideNovember 21, 2013
I love working for Hallmark.They have good support system in place for all employees and their benefits package are better than other companies I've worked at in the past.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9