Hallmark University Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I was hired as an Financial Aid Officer worked with the business office together we would process the students financial aid , I did not
work there that long because I was laid because the student population was down.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
awesome place to work or receive an education
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
Work day was busy and i learned so much from directors, was my first experience working in admissions. Management was great. This was overall a great work experience and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
working with my director
Cons
Ceo
Not Acceptable
Nursing Education (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
It was a great company at one time but it is run now by a bunch of conservatives that require you to work like minion with no input allowed. I would stray away from here.
Christian Coummunity
ADN Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Small university with a family feel. Love the students. Colleagues are friendly and we work as a team. I also have friends from other disciplines who work in a large workroom with me.
Nursing Department is atrocious!
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2016
The nursing department is awful. If it weren't for the students, no one would stay here. You are belittled, talked about behind your back, and no one supports each other. I could not stand how much hatred there was towards each other. Gossip is everywhere and everything was always a fight.
Pros
Students make it worth the pain
Cons
The staff is awful
Not a good school
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230April 26, 2016
Alot of the credits that you receive from Hallmark are not accepted at community college and you will have to spend more time and money for classes.
It's okay
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
okay place to work. Most of the people you work with are nice and feel like family. Every place has its pros and cons. You get what you make of it.
Challenging and fun place to work.
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Fun and interesting place to work. Leading edge student centric approach to learning. Decent management that truly care for their employees. Best team environment I have seen since my time in the military.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Compensation, unstable schedule
Visionary educational facility, building a foundation for excellence.
Teaching Assistant/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
With a longstanding history of success this school has embarked on a new nursing program. The program is full of enthusiastic students and strong instructors. A typical day is a busy clinical experience at both Methodist hospital or Kindred. My coworkers are always available when I am in need. The most difficult part of the job is when students are not successful. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the students succeed.
Best at what they do.
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2014
Where other college's offer bachelors programs in routing and switching, they lack the hands-on experience, Cisco academy packet tracers and certifications offered by Hallmark College. The teachers are all extremely knowledgeable in networking including Cisco equipment. The students I have class with are also a part of a study-group that meets before class for about 3 hours studying for our certifications. The most enjoyable part is going to the Cisco lab and being tasked with configuring and troubleshooting the equipment until everything is working properly.
Pros
Great peers and teachers.
Cons
English class
Fast enviroment, motivation enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasApril 14, 2014
Busy, fast, family enviroment. Able to assist and make a difference in other lives.
Pros
Free hams, lunches and rewards.
Cons
No request days off.
Tuition Assistance
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 14, 2014
Offer free tuition when employees enroll in on-campus programs