Hallmark

Hallmark Employee Reviews

quiet workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Freehold, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: discount and quiet
Cons: late night closing
i was required to restocked the store, cleaned store, and cash out customers. i learned how to handle money and use a register.
One of my favorite jobs.
merchandiser (Former Employee), Grand Coulee, WAJune 17, 2015
Pros: flexible somewhat schedule
Cons: destroying outdated merchandise-seemed wasteful
I enjoyed this merchandising job.The paperwork wasn't as extensive and time consuming as some i've done.The manager was good and helpful to work with.i also like indendently so this was perfect.
Nice company to work for. No room for advancement.
Key Holder - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranberry Mall Cranberry, Pa 16319June 10, 2015
Pros: Quality merchandise, steady customer base
Cons: Retail hours, no room for advancement
Provide excellent customer service to all customers, maintain and continually develop product and company knowledge, management duties include; employee purchases, minimize cash register overages and shortages, handle refunds, charge credits and layaway transactions, open and close store in the absence of a manager, handle all security procedures such as, arming and disarming security systems, handle cash deposits, assure store is ready to be left until the next opening, resolve customer complaints, actively participate training programs regarding selling skills and product knowledge, check-in, inventory, price, and stock merchandise, train and motivate staff members, serve as a liaison between staff and management, assist in the hiring of new associates and in the training of new employees
I'm a creative person and feel at home with Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: good hours, make my own schedule for the week
Cons: A lot of driving
I go into the store I am services that day log in then go talk with the Manager on duty or the receiver in stock room, i then pull stock from back and Merchandise the cards, wrapping paper, bow, etc.. when done I either go to another store to service or go home everything is computed into hand held computer. I never leave a store a mess it always looks great when im done. I'm a fast working so I can do more then when account during the day.
Low stress. fast paced
Sales Merchandiser - part time (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 3, 2015
Understood my timelines and responsibilites and was able to make my own hours. Very supportive manager and always a new project to work on.
Each day is different
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milltown, NJJune 2, 2015
Pros: Can be a fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay not benefits
A typical day involves putting the guests (customers) first. Helping each guest find the perfect gift or card can be a challenge but leaves you with a sense of satisfaction knowing you've helped them. My co-workers are all mostly retired women who are a pleasure to be around.
Wonderful customers
Coordinator (Former Employee), Waco, TxJune 1, 2015
Pros: loyal customers
Cons: unable to get promotions or raises
When it came to hallmark keepsake ornaments it was a joy seeing all the usual customers. They were the reason why I enjoyed working there so much. The hardest part of working at Hallmark was keeping the cards stocked with new product during the holidays. Customers always want to see new product.
Independent Job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lanett, ALMay 31, 2015
Pros: no supervision
Cons: little work hours, massive card stock boxes during holidays
I loved how I could work independently without supervision. I was able to get my job done easily with minimal distractions.
At your own pace environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Liberty, MOMay 25, 2015
Relaxed environment with the company catering to employees needs. Foot massager in the break room provides much needed tension release.
fast paced and fun workplace
Merchandise Installer (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: traveling seeing and meeting new people
Cons: long days
a typical day at work would be travel and stocking cards at various locations one thing i learned from this job was responsibility and time handeling my management was amazing and my co-workers were great to work with the hardest part of the job was finding the locations at which we would work for that day the most enjoyable part of ther job was amking my own hours and traveling all over the bay area
Always something new.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Franklin, INMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Heavy boxes
Every day was something new and different. Working with store crews every day and finding new ways to display products was fun and interesting. Management was easy to work with.
Fun job. Supervisor is a great person.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Store managers I worked with were wonderful & very helpful.
Cons: Not enough assigned time to do the job properly.
I really enjoyed working for Hallmark. I have to say the hardest part was not having enough assigned time to do the job properly & thoroughly.
Hallmark
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee), NortheastMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Truly believes in connecting with the customer and creates a culture like no other. The owners are amazing people who take great pride in their family history and how the company operates its everyday business.
comfortable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City Zoo, MOMay 16, 2015
Pros: good job, good hours
Cons: can be extra stressful with too many changes at times
Friendly environment at stores I work at. Coworker are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of standard operating procedures, especially when you have 5 different accounts in 8 locations! A real good day on the job is when I goin and everything goes smoothly with no sudden changes or problems.
Very Disappointed in Management
sales (Former Employee), pa.May 15, 2015
Pros: Used to have flexible hours.
Cons: Lied to daily
I was a past employee , OK at first with flexible hours then all the changes took place , walmart controls this company , and they will do whatever they are told including sacrificing good employees who can't meet their time schedules, poor management, low pay, they don't give a dam about their employees , half assed training program also , managers don't show up on time or just don't show up at all.
Very physical job
Order Processor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: physical demands
great co-workers
good professional company and fun atmosphere
physically demanding job
great pay
great benefits
organized work environment
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 7, 2015
I liked everything about working there.. i enjoyed the work as well as my co workers i would go back if i could. The work was not too hard at all annd the employees made being there alot better, i was comfortable there
Good, well known brand
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits, discount
Cons: changing environment
Typical day was customer service and selling. Dealing with the regular customers was very enjoyable. Having to cut payroll to keep in line with the sales was challenging. Competitor opening up 2 miles away has provided many new challenges we were not accustom to. Great staff working for me, truly making genuine connections with several people, both staff and customers. Love the Hallmark brand and passionate about it.
Controlled enviroment
Retail Order Processor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: flexable schudel
Cons: no movment up wards, not have a pay raise in 6 years
Start the day by gathering orders and assigning work duties, to employees. Fill cartons as they come into work area, Move employees around to fill work in other area when work is needed. Management is ok they keep us informed and allow me to control the work flow for the day. My co-workers are great and fun to be around, they work hard for me. The hardest part of the job is not having the rescores to do the job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: work environment, customers, co workers.
At Hallmark the main focus for us was our customers. If they came into the store we made sure that they left with what they came in for. Hallmark of course is very centered around holidays and making every day a holiday. A typical day there was opening the store preping for what our planned sales would be and any promotions that were going on. Ringing up transactions, recieveing shipment and placing it out on the sales floor. I really enjoyed my co workers there. I worked for hallmark for about 8 years so the job was a huge part of my life. I grew with the company starting as a sales associate and moving on to a manager. I enjoyed the connections that I would make with all the different people that would come in and shop.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Salaries