Hallmark

Hallmark United States Employee Reviews

Hallmark Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed my job every day and in every way. I set up revisions, ordered product, kept everything looking spit spot. I must say working with public at the busiest Hallmark selling store was the best. I love to interact with people (no matter their mood). My supervisors we wonderful to work with. I left my position because they had to eliminate everyone's hours. I hated leaving but it didn't pay enough to put gas in my car. But honestly it was a great working experience. I appreciate the opportunity to be associated with Hallmark.
Too much work for too little pay
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Schedule own hours, works well when you have school aged children.
Cons: No benefits, discounts, and poor travel reimbursement
Prior to the new organization that has taken place I worked only within one Walmart store. My hallmark supervisor never came into the store, never even met her in the year that she supervised me. My manager only came into the store maybe 5 times during the year and a half. One co-worker to help out during seasonal periods.

Several conflicts between what Hallmark headquarters wanted done and what Walmart would allow. Quite often stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

Never received training. Thrown into deep end without knowing how to swim, so to speak. Quite often had to do my Manager's job as well as my own because she seldom came into the store.
No Stress job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), IndianaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Easy, work alone
Cons: pay, training
For most part this job is simple....work at your own pace. Hallmark lays everything out and most of the time includes pics of the new displays.

Hardest thing is that you are on budgeted time, so one week you may only have 6 hours to spend at one account but yet have to be there 3 days that week.

Training process takes forever cause all of the different accounts have different territory managers.
A good work atomsphere
Supervisor (Current Employee), Whitehall Township, PAApril 13, 2015
Greeting, assisting and checking customers out. I have learned how to run a register and do supervisor work. My manager is a very patient and understandable women. My co-workers are all nice and good to work with. I enjoy going into work every day with them.
fun job
Part time Retail Associate (Current Employee), wallmart hays,kansasApril 9, 2015
Pros: they work around my school schedule
Cons: raises
A typical day involves setting and organizing cards, wrapping paper and tissue. I have learned more about how to organize time. My boss and co workers are awesome. Nothing is really hard about the job. The enjoyable part is helping people locate a card.
good
Mainframe Developer Lead (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2015
good company to work with challenging work great team nice technologies great oppurtunity to learn while working. Great work.
Good as a part time
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAApril 7, 2015
Good Job for those who are retired or want part time. They do like to compensate their employees well. They dont like to have more than manager, assistant manager, and merchandise assistant full time so its really only a place you can work part time. Harder you work the better and more you learn. I really liked my manager however she no longer works there.
love the tourist area
Manager (Former Employee), new orleans louisianaApril 6, 2015
very fun place and great co workers. the benefits are also very good. it is a family owned company. it has a lot of history behind the actually business we also gave tours about the history of the area the company started out in.
Management would always blame employees and never listened
Key Holder (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Amazing Coworkers
Cons: Management is bad, short or no breaks
A typical day at work would being helping customers, unloading freight and cleaning. I understand that It everything that I just said sounds easy but when management would come to me and one other co worker ( who were both key holders ) and blame us for not making our day and certain other things. I learned that if you were a team player that was a plus for certain things but when you had a problem with customers, cash registers or theft, management would say it is your fault and not take the time to sit down and have a chance for you to explain what would happen; plus you would get taken advantage of if you said you could stay a little longer. A little longer for some people meant hours not 30 minutes or 15 minutes. The people i worked with were fantastic people and working with them everyday was a plus. We helped each other out doesn't matter if it was explaining or showing them how to do something. The hardest part of my job was lifting the heavy boxes in back and what i learned also is never be a push over to customers, coworkers and management. Management would never tell everyone what was going on, needed to be done at once. They expected if they told one person everyone would know it and if we didn't we would get yelled at and talked to. Breaks were not long at all even if the break was 15 minutes to 30 minutes it wasn't long enough or even sometimes we could get a break in and we would be working for 4 or 4.5 hours. The other down side was if we needed time off for school, vacation like summer or winter break, surgery we would get in trouble and management would say " remember you made a commitment to this company." Management would expect you not to have a social life outside of school, family or even a second job.
I have enjoyed my 19 years with Hallmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Norfolk, NEApril 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility of job
Cons: long hours required to work the day after a holiday
we are allowed limited amount of time and must stay within those guidelines. I have learned to prioritize the work. We work well together as a team on resets. The hardest part would be following planagram and getting all product worked into small space. Being creative. The most enjoyable would be interacting with store personal and working with others on resets.
Cards sold themselves
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: worked alone- loved helping customers
Cons: hours getting cut ~ not enough time to get work done
Hours of work were exactly what I was looking for ~ 15-20 hours per week~ Independent working was a plus. Management could not be there consistently due to other stores to manage so training was not
completely the best. C0-workers of the store I worked in were Terrific. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how to put displays together or ordering items. Loved and miss the job. Retired from teaching and want to work again.
Fun place to work, doing different projects.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 1, 2015
When I was working with DHL my typical day at work was tracking customer's packages. I learned to treat people in different ways because not all of them were happy because their packages deliveries were delayed. I got along with management and co-worker, I respected them and they respected me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, the most enjoyable part of the job was that I like my job.
Productive and fun place to meet customers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Katy, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No automatic raises, unless you ask.
I enjoy working at Hallmark, the schedule is very flexible. The pay is not so great. Most of the co-workers work well with everyday duties.
Comfortable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Positive energy, Employee discounts
Cons: Short breaks, Permanent raise freeze, No growing opportunities
As with any job, there is pressure to increase sales and rewards card numbers. This can be stressful, but the manager is nice about it. The manager is also understanding when it comes to scheduling. The co-workers become your friends, making every day tasks a little more enjoyable.
I now have a knowledge of cards
Currently working for Hallmark until April 13th (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: You worked on your own
Cons: some weeks were very few hours
My day would start by checking in, going to store stock room and loading a cart with all new products and filling in where needed, making sure all areas were neat and tidy.
Very flexiable schedule but low pay
RM (Current Employee), LAwtonOKMarch 26, 2015
I love the people I work for but the pay is low. I stock cards and do seasonal displays. Sometimes with help sometimes no help is offered. Great job for someone needing a flexible schedule and needs a lil extra income
Very fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Neat product, good discount.
Cons: No raises.
Hallmark was a great place to work part-time. The pay wasn't great but the people who were employed there really seemed to love their job.
Working for Hallmark
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Working for Hallmark, has giving me the experience I need to become more confident and independent as Merchandiser. I am more then sure on making this my career goal.
great place to work.
Product Strategist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2015
A company that stood for its principles and values. Treated employees very well and supported them. Family always came first. A company filled with warmth.
Merchandising
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Rockville, MarylandMarch 21, 2015
I traveled to different locations stocking a variety of products according to recent plan-o-grams. However the management was not that helpful because I could never meet with anyone from the company. The most enjoyable part about this job was the flexible hours and being able to finish projects on my own schedule.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Salaries