Hallmark

Hallmark Employer Reviews

I now have a knowledge of cards
Currently working for Hallmark until April 13th (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: You worked on your own
Cons: some weeks were very few hours
My day would start by checking in, going to store stock room and loading a cart with all new products and filling in where needed, making sure all areas were neat and tidy.
Very flexiable schedule but low pay
RM (Current Employee), LAwtonOKMarch 26, 2015
I love the people I work for but the pay is low. I stock cards and do seasonal displays. Sometimes with help sometimes no help is offered. Great job for someone needing a flexible schedule and needs a lil extra income
Very fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Neat product, good discount.
Cons: No raises.
Hallmark was a great place to work part-time. The pay wasn't great but the people who were employed there really seemed to love their job.
Working for Hallmark
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Working for Hallmark, has giving me the experience I need to become more confident and independent as Merchandiser. I am more then sure on making this my career goal.
great place to work.
Product Strategist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2015
A company that stood for its principles and values. Treated employees very well and supported them. Family always came first. A company filled with warmth.
Merchandising
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Rockville, MarylandMarch 21, 2015
I traveled to different locations stocking a variety of products according to recent plan-o-grams. However the management was not that helpful because I could never meet with anyone from the company. The most enjoyable part about this job was the flexible hours and being able to finish projects on my own schedule.
Greeting Cards and gift supplies.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Crescent City, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: only worked a few hours, two or three days a week.
Cons: having to go in early in the morning after a holiday
Working for Hallmark was fun. I straightened the displays, ordered what was low, and reset entire displays using a planogram. The hardest part of the job was having to bring boxes of greeting cards and other paper products down a flight of stairs to load on a cart. Paper can be really heavy in large boxes.
Enjoyable job postion
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2015
Typical day is spent putting out shipments and straightening department. Seasonal work can be taxing as it has to be reset immediately after a holiday and can be a long day.
Hallmark
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAMarch 18, 2015
-You mainly help customers throughout the store and handle customer complaints.
-Put up new items and out of stock items.
-Handle money and deposits
-The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers and being able to help them.
A nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I would highly recommend anyone that is looking for a fun place to work to apply here. The hardest part of the job is when it was slow.
love working with people!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: working by myself
Cons: not enough hours
Loved working for Hallmark, a very good company, just don't get enough hours. I like staying busy and have enough time to get done what is required. if the store does not look good or all merchandise is out than the company is loosing money. I like to work by myself and go in early.
Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Redlands, CAMarch 10, 2015
My day would consist of removing my go backs to be sorted and placed back in proper order. And to get my merchandise to be placed out. Do reorders of all merchandise
Travel pay low
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Conway, ArkansasMarch 10, 2015
I liked the flexibility of schedule however, it is strictly part time with no more than 14 1/2 per week. But the biggest problem is expected to travel to accounts with extremely low travel pay per mile.
enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Upland, CAMarch 2, 2015
working at hallmark was never a down time. I had amazing co-workers and a great boss. This was my first job and I learned so much from here. unfortunately I had to leave because I moved, but I am excited to hopefully start somewhere new.
Tiresome and horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Naugatuck, CtMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discount. co-workers. short commute.
Cons: short breaks. management.
This place was a terrible working environment. Tons of cleaning, dusting, ringing out customers, receiving packages, adding items to the system, making labels, making new sets, and detailing displays.

I learned how to do a lot of work in a short time with no help.

Management at this store was horrendous. I would work 8 hours and get a 15 minute break. Since the boss hired lots of teenagers who were irresponsible I would often pull doubles and only be allotted one more 15 minute break. The owners had cameras installed and would watch our every move and call us if they saw suspicious behavior in workers or customers or to belittle us.

I worked with few polite hardworking people.

The hardest part of the job was going into a bad working place everyday.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building a solid foundation of work ethics that I'm very proud of. Also, creating different displays using no paperwork just pure creativity.
job description changes
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Augusta, ME, Waterville, Maine, et al.February 28, 2015
Pros: A product I respect and have known all my life. I was proud to be of service.
Cons: Condescending area management
Love the product, the environment and interpersonal interaction with co-workers, et al. Company added new market and assigned jobs to me without my knowledge. .
Whole dynamic changed when post offices were added to the mix without without employee knowledge.
Area management lacks courtesy to employees.
customer service
sales associate (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 27, 2015
great people and a manager. the job is very easy and you can work at your own pace. be friendly. enjoy people and your coworkers
Great opportunity and Great Rewards
Senior Writer/Producer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and professional rewards
Cons: Company financial challenges that led to my downsizing.
I thoroughly value my years at Hallmark, and was very fortunate with the opportunities I was provided to grow my skills over that time.

I look back with gratitude that I was afforded the opportunity to work with the best media production talent in Kansas City. I also was able to work with some of best voice and on-camera talent in the country.

One of those most memorable projects was working with actress Marsha Cross when she was still in the cast of the Desperate Housewives TV show. It was really interesting to direct a "Hollywood" talent for my video project.
35 year career
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Central FloridaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: brand recogniton, profit sharing, company car, established account base
Cons: social media has taken the place of card sending, card shops are not as relevant as they were in the past, lack of new compelling product that draws customers into business.
My typical day at Hallmark was never typical as I wore many hats. One day I may be selling the latest sample/products, the next day doing market development, and maybe the next visiting Gold Crown stores to evaluate them on compliance with Hallmark standards. Hallmark has great brand recognition and provided me with a great career for 35 years.
Flexible and fun job, with nice co-workers.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedule
Cons: no medical benefits
My supervisors were very supportive and were more than willing to train me in all aspects of the job, which enabled me to be more productive and successful. This is a great job for a person who works well independently, is organized and enjoys being active and outgoing. I enjoyed my time with Hallmark and would work for them again if given the opportunity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Photos