Hallmark

Hallmark Employee Reviews

Independent Job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lanett, ALMay 31, 2015
Pros: no supervision
Cons: little work hours, massive card stock boxes during holidays
I loved how I could work independently without supervision. I was able to get my job done easily with minimal distractions.
At your own pace environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Liberty, MOMay 25, 2015
Relaxed environment with the company catering to employees needs. Foot massager in the break room provides much needed tension release.
fast paced and fun workplace
Merchandise Installer (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: traveling seeing and meeting new people
Cons: long days
a typical day at work would be travel and stocking cards at various locations one thing i learned from this job was responsibility and time handeling my management was amazing and my co-workers were great to work with the hardest part of the job was finding the locations at which we would work for that day the most enjoyable part of ther job was amking my own hours and traveling all over the bay area
Always something new.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Franklin, INMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Heavy boxes
Every day was something new and different. Working with store crews every day and finding new ways to display products was fun and interesting. Management was easy to work with.
Fun job. Supervisor is a great person.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Store managers I worked with were wonderful & very helpful.
Cons: Not enough assigned time to do the job properly.
I really enjoyed working for Hallmark. I have to say the hardest part was not having enough assigned time to do the job properly & thoroughly.
Hallmark
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee), NortheastMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Truly believes in connecting with the customer and creates a culture like no other. The owners are amazing people who take great pride in their family history and how the company operates its everyday business.
comfortable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City Zoo, MOMay 16, 2015
Pros: good job, good hours
Cons: can be extra stressful with too many changes at times
Friendly environment at stores I work at. Coworker are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of standard operating procedures, especially when you have 5 different accounts in 8 locations! A real good day on the job is when I goin and everything goes smoothly with no sudden changes or problems.
Very Disappointed in Management
sales (Former Employee), pa.May 15, 2015
Pros: Used to have flexible hours.
Cons: Lied to daily
I was a past employee , OK at first with flexible hours then all the changes took place , walmart controls this company , and they will do whatever they are told including sacrificing good employees who can't meet their time schedules, poor management, low pay, they don't give a dam about their employees , half assed training program also , managers don't show up on time or just don't show up at all.
Very physical job
Order Processor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: physical demands
great co-workers
good professional company and fun atmosphere
physically demanding job
great pay
great benefits
organized work environment
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 7, 2015
I liked everything about working there.. i enjoyed the work as well as my co workers i would go back if i could. The work was not too hard at all annd the employees made being there alot better, i was comfortable there
Good, well known brand
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits, discount
Cons: changing environment
Typical day was customer service and selling. Dealing with the regular customers was very enjoyable. Having to cut payroll to keep in line with the sales was challenging. Competitor opening up 2 miles away has provided many new challenges we were not accustom to. Great staff working for me, truly making genuine connections with several people, both staff and customers. Love the Hallmark brand and passionate about it.
Controlled enviroment
Retail Order Processor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: flexable schudel
Cons: no movment up wards, not have a pay raise in 6 years
Start the day by gathering orders and assigning work duties, to employees. Fill cartons as they come into work area, Move employees around to fill work in other area when work is needed. Management is ok they keep us informed and allow me to control the work flow for the day. My co-workers are great and fun to be around, they work hard for me. The hardest part of the job is not having the rescores to do the job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: work environment, customers, co workers.
At Hallmark the main focus for us was our customers. If they came into the store we made sure that they left with what they came in for. Hallmark of course is very centered around holidays and making every day a holiday. A typical day there was opening the store preping for what our planned sales would be and any promotions that were going on. Ringing up transactions, recieveing shipment and placing it out on the sales floor. I really enjoyed my co workers there. I worked for hallmark for about 8 years so the job was a huge part of my life. I grew with the company starting as a sales associate and moving on to a manager. I enjoyed the connections that I would make with all the different people that would come in and shop.
4/20/15 corporate restructure has changed the company for the worse.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Seacoast NH and York County MEApril 28, 2015
Under the new changes, you now must report to job sites in your area, even if you are not your assigned site. If you refuse you can and will be terminated.

I have enjoyed working for the company for four years, but the "new" leadership in the northeast is taking a bully tacit to get what she wants which is resulting in many openings.

Just be warned if you apply for a RM position to make sure you ask about helping in other locations so you do not find out after the fact the expectations/demands.
Nice job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Warren, PAApril 24, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: hourly rate
A good company to work for. Flexible hours. Nice environment. Manager was very easy to work with and helped when ever asked.
Hallmark Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed my job every day and in every way. I set up revisions, ordered product, kept everything looking spit spot. I must say working with public at the busiest Hallmark selling store was the best. I love to interact with people (no matter their mood). My supervisors we wonderful to work with. I left my position because they had to eliminate everyone's hours. I hated leaving but it didn't pay enough to put gas in my car. But honestly it was a great working experience. I appreciate the opportunity to be associated with Hallmark.
Too much work for too little pay
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Schedule own hours, works well when you have school aged children.
Cons: No benefits, discounts, and poor travel reimbursement
Prior to the new organization that has taken place I worked only within one Walmart store. My hallmark supervisor never came into the store, never even met her in the year that she supervised me. My manager only came into the store maybe 5 times during the year and a half. One co-worker to help out during seasonal periods.

Several conflicts between what Hallmark headquarters wanted done and what Walmart would allow. Quite often stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

Never received training. Thrown into deep end without knowing how to swim, so to speak. Quite often had to do my Manager's job as well as my own because she seldom came into the store.
No Stress job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), IndianaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Easy, work alone
Cons: pay, training
For most part this job is simple....work at your own pace. Hallmark lays everything out and most of the time includes pics of the new displays.

Hardest thing is that you are on budgeted time, so one week you may only have 6 hours to spend at one account but yet have to be there 3 days that week.

Training process takes forever cause all of the different accounts have different territory managers.
A good work atomsphere
Supervisor (Current Employee), Whitehall Township, PAApril 13, 2015
Greeting, assisting and checking customers out. I have learned how to run a register and do supervisor work. My manager is a very patient and understandable women. My co-workers are all nice and good to work with. I enjoy going into work every day with them.
fun job
Part time Retail Associate (Current Employee), wallmart hays,kansasApril 9, 2015
Pros: they work around my school schedule
Cons: raises
A typical day involves setting and organizing cards, wrapping paper and tissue. I have learned more about how to organize time. My boss and co workers are awesome. Nothing is really hard about the job. The enjoyable part is helping people locate a card.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Salaries