Hallmark

Hallmark Employer Reviews

Relaxing
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I love this job because it allows for flexibility. You go into the stores stock what is needed and work you back stock. There is always someone you can call if you have questions or need help.
Loved working here.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 20, 2015
I would absolutely suggest working for Hallmark if you have the opportunity. I absolutely loved the people that I worked for and the customers as well. Wonderful uplifting atmosphere. Wonderful company as well. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be changing the store set up all the time with the different advertisements and displays.
Fun and your own paced environment
retail merchandiser (Former Employee), Tioga, NDJanuary 15, 2015
Working at Hallmark I worked my own hours which was great. The management wasn't around much, and were never happy. I learned that working around public and in department stores was very enjoyable. I didn't have co workers. I enjoyed traveling to all my stores, and meeting all the other store employees, and I enjoyed putting my cards away. The hardest part of the job was around holidays, but it was manageable.
productive work environment
bathaide,healthaide,private (Former Employee), Portsmouth, ohioJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: mileage was paid for
Cons: the company did not put up with slackers
I learned skill management,to work with others,the hardest part of the job was not knowing what you might take back home to your family,like sickness or disease,or something else.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.My co-workers were nice but I tried to stay in my own space.A typical day at work consisted of taking test,learning the basic skills,like making a bed while the patient was in it,cpr.And how to handle different people when I was a bathaide,because I had both male,and female patients.
Wonderful Company to Work For
MERCHANDISE MANAGER/BUYER (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 6, 2015
Hallmark isn't just a company, it's a family. I started part-time and left as an executive . The creative environment is culturally sound. Since it is still family owned, you do feel like you are working for your own family.
My average day
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: long hours
My day begins with reviewing the online resources to find any new or important directives.

Next I create a agenda for the current day and align tasks and service goals to the staff to best fit the needs of the business.

I have built a team by leading through example of dedication and good old fashion hard work, high energy, and creating excitement

The most enjoyable part of my work day is the interaction with my customers. I have built many relationships and value their continued business.
nothing special
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakdale, NYJanuary 5, 2015
hallmark is a great store but the store i was employed at was not a corporate store. there was no regulations or strict rules. customers were happy with my service but not the management itself. i enjoyed working there during seasonal holidays because it was so busy i gained so much knowledge about lots of different products
Hallmark
Territory Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Upstate South Carolina from Greenville to GaffneyJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexibilty of work day hours
Cons: only part time
Reply to emails, deseminate informations to subordinates prior to the start of their day. Spot check locations for the quality of services provided by said subordinates. Communicate with supervisor and corporate office daily on any outstanding issues. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the day is keeping everyone happy.
Hallmark reset merchandiser
Installation Merchandiser (Current Employee), Indianapolis, inDecember 30, 2014
Pros: team, free product
Cons: heavy lifting
Great company & job! Fun employees - team! Hard work, but everyone works together and team leader gives great support. Can take up to 2 days to complete an installation, but stores are always easy to work with.
Hallmark good/Walmart bad
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Yucca Valley, CADecember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: walmart's abuse/waste of resources
I've been a Hallmark Retail Merchandiser for a year and a half now inside a super Wal-Mart. Walmart management's treatment of outside vendors borders on abuse, both physically and mentally. Hallmark gives you specific instructions on how you are supposed to complete your job, yet Walmart does not give you the means in which you are to do so.There is so much waste which ends up making one feel ethically and morally corrupt. I keep hoping it will get better, but some how I don't think it will.
Fun workplace, lots of toys.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: part time hours
A typical day at work required me to sell all those toys, it was fun. I got laid off due to lack of work, the company was closing down.
Best company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), BradfordDecember 19, 2014
Hallmark is the best company among all the companies I worked,
Loved it, wish work was steady.
installations (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2014
Typical day at work was fast paced and over very quickly. I learned how to install fixtures for greeting cards. My manager at the time was very nice and helpful and always put others before herself. Co-workers were great and also helpful. Hardest part of the day was finishing projects in time. Most enjoyable part was just getting the work done.
Employee
Salad Bar Associate (Current Employee), Circleville, OHDecember 18, 2014
This is a very difficult job due to lack of training. I have been there since August 2014 and have seen a bunch of employees come and go. The normal employees are very nice and almost all of us get fed up with the down graded and the way we are talked to by a certain manager.
A good job with flexible schedule
Retail Mechandiser (Former Employee), North Conway, NHDecember 18, 2014
I worked independently stocking greeting cards in their Walmart store, ordered merchandise and installed seasonal displays.
Pleasant environment
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Wallisville rdDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: busy
I have enjoyed working at Hallmark for the past 7 months. On a typical day I will assist about 25 customer find the product they are looking for, assist with cash management and transfer items to other stores.
Working with my co-workers at Hallmark is a joy the other workers are very social and easy to get a long with
Productive and fun workplace
Territory Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2014
Wonderful company to work for very flexible hours but only a part time job.
Flexible hours
PT MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2014
Flexible hours, and a nice place to work. A typical day was going to the assigned stores and straighten the cards, stock, re-order if necessary, or put up displays according to the planogram. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was relaxing.
Fun and exciting to work with so many different people in each Hallmark Division/Wal-Mart Stores
Territorial Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaDecember 1, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home for administrative tasks
Cons: part-time 12 hours per week
I enjoyed it but it got increasingly harder to get the retail merchandiser to work their required hours. This entailed finding back up merchandisers at a moments notice or working the stores myself. All of this was expected to be done in the allotted 12 hours per week which was virtuually impossible.
Hallmark has some great cards for every occasion.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Trinity, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: this was a part-time job.
Cons: hallmark product is expensive, having to clean up card sections from previous retail merchandisers, and the company sending an overbundance of cards without me ordering, or the store manager's approval.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Photos