Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 28, 2016
The hours aren't as flexible as expected. They want the most work for the least hours. The publix receiver are rude to you and no one really converse with you. Its a job for people who are not social and want to be creative and left alone.
Pros
short hours
Cons
lot of bending and lifting
Loved working with Hallmark
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2016
I was a Territory Rep for Hallmark. I traveled to 12 stores weekly. I met with store managers weekly to make sure product was out and set correctly.
Pros
traveling each week
Cons
non
Fun and productive workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 27, 2016
The hardest part of the job is having to make a certain amount of points within a certain amount of time. The fun part is that the people are friendly.
Immediate supervisor was a problem!!!
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 27, 2016
Liked most parts of the job, but the supervisor was a drama queen. Hired during the peak holiday season and had no real training. Once all the holidays were over, they cut your hours and then complained that you did not do enough. Supervisor was always creating some type of drama. All of the people she supervised quit and she ended up doing their day to day job. I never had a problem working anywhere prior to this supervisor. I hope Hallmark begins to realize that maybe the SUPERVISOR is the problem in this area and not the workers. The computer scanner they gave you to do the job just did not work. Very physical job. Lots of building of displays for holidays.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Supervisor was a drama queen.
Freedom of life
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
no complaints overall great company, great people to work with very organized, cared about family Children were well polished and the tutors were all professional
Pros
great hours
Cons
commute
Good Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 26, 2016
I had a lot of fun at hallmark. The atmosphere was really energetic and easy going. Everyone I worked with was so kind. Customers could be rude, but overall it was a great experience.
great place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 26, 2016
Extremely fast paced environment. Very accommodating for those with children. Physically demanding yet very satisfying when meeting quota.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
too strict on attendance
Employee friendly and helpful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 25, 2016
I learned quite a bit through this job. I maintained the merchandise and stocked it on the sales floor. I received merchandise and scanned out the outdated merchandise and returned it the Hallmark. I assisted customers in finding what they needed as well as made suggestions to them. I went to several different stores as I was needed.
Pros
Flexible hours and friendly workplace
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 24, 2016
This job was pretty standard as far as sales/cashier jobs go. However, you needed to know lots of product placement and back-stock available on lots of items. We sold a lot more than cards, so setting up items for display was sometimes a hassle, especially when making sure the customer was taken care of first. Overall though, this was my first job, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good start to their job life.
Good fill in job
Retail Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDApril 19, 2016
Job works well for someone looking for very part time work. Has no plans for holiday travel before or after holiday.
Very friendly staff. Learned to use an electronic device for scanning ordering and lots of other employment information.
A typical day at work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 19, 2016
Collecting all merchandise and putting it in appropriate place. Making sure cards are put in Alphabetical order by planogram. All displays are assembled and stocked daily.
Love it but not enough hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2016
Fun job. Typical day is checking in new merchandise and putting all the merchandise out. Weeks of major holidays like Valentines are very busy. The downfall is pay and on weeks where there are not holidays you get dew hours
its an OK job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 14, 2016
Walmarts are terrible to work in to many boxes and material.
Just pay attention to details. Don't go over your hours or they will watch on everything.
Pros
great flexibility with another part time job
Cons
trying to figure out the Plan o gram, heavy boxes, no benefits, high turnover, so if someone quits your bown your own
retail management, fun and rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2016
I learned all of my management skills here. I worked with all different age groups. Part and full time employees. I learned to handle complaints and compliments. I learned how to make people loyal to your store. I loved the merchandise, getting new things was like Christmas everyday.
Great people
Cashier, Sales (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2016
Very fair, wonderful people. Learned management skills, worked well with co workers. Hardest part was getting coverage when needed.
Structured store designing for Hallmark cards
PART TIME RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 10, 2016
Hours are long standing on your feet, always redesigning the location for cards within a store.

Learning the layouts was fun, and changed for every season, and included some long hours.

The hardest part of the job was the extremely heavy boxes that the cards were shipped in to the stores.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Heavy boxes
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livingston, ; Cleveland, ColdspringApril 7, 2016
As retail merchandiser, have an opportunity for varying hours which makes it easy to do some errands as needed. Had wonderful supervisors who never failed to give help if needed on technical communication issues or other information I had questions about; they were trained well and I received adequate training, The retail stores I worked in appreciated my dedication and hard work. The hardest part of the job was when I had to lift too many larger boxes too close together in larger stores. The most rewarding part of job was feeling appreciated if or when went above and beyond the call of duty so to speak. When I needed technical support, with communication devices, it was forthcoming.
Pros
Appreciation of my hard work and a good work environment
Cons
Pay raise was long in coming ; drive too far for amt money
Good place to work and obtain additional skills besides CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
Ok place to work, has a bit of urine ordor tho.Good place to work to obtain skills outside of CNA. Scheduler is awesome. Room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
building smells
It was a good company, just not enough hours.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed my job. I enjoyed working alone. it was just stressful at some stores when management wouldn't work along with me to put out merchandise.
3rd generation privately held company with a great history
Distribution Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 1, 2016
Hallmark has a proud history of helping people to express their emotions through greeting cards and a wide variety of other social expression product. The many benefits of today's digital world creates huge challenges for some very good, well established companies. There is still a market for Hallmark product and the company is working hard to secure its future. Some facilities have been consolidated and other workflows have been streamlined with the unfortunate, but necessary, reduction in jobs. The thousands of people remaining will undoubtedly support each other in the friendly and innovative culture that I was fortunate enough to have been associated with for my entire career. A truly great place to learn, grow and contribute to the company's many successes!