Hallmark

Hallmark Employer Reviews

in coming call center
part-time retail merchandiser (Current Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: the calls
its ok not the best place to work. too many angry people calling about the rx they take and its the insurance they should be calling not the shipping place
terrible
Key holder, lead cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the merchandise was great
Cons: it is a terrible company and place to work
the owners were a horrible couple, they treated us like criminals and everything we did we had to constantly be looking over the shoulder.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: part time when children were small
Cons: very heavy work and very physical - no benefits and too much travel
Worked part time traveling store to store and resetting merchandise.
Good first job experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 13, 2014
The start of the day was setting up the register. Then tending to the inventory of the store and putting up anything new. There wasn't anything hard about this job and the everything was enjoyable about this job.
Easy going Retail spot
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
This job was very easy going and a wonderful place to work, even though this specific location is not available anymore. The place had good structure, and good hours. There was only one co-worker who was disrespectful but no place is perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the numerous cards at the store.
Great company to work for.
Field Installation & Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2014
Managing 136 employees throughout the state of Florida and Puerto Rico.
Productive area to grow.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Puerto RicoOctober 2, 2014
Very Flexible chiefs with the work hours. Helpful with my college hours. Very helpful with my work experience.
Just ok place to work
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Southern OROctober 2, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: low pay, unrealistic expectations, management is non-existant
Not enough hours. Unrealistic and short time given to complete tasks.
Pay is awful, low even with experience or having been with the company for YEARS....don't expect any raises, EVER.
inventory control
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: part time job, flexble schedule. paid mileage ; work individually.
Cons: back receivingroom iorganized made hard to take down the boxes of products from shelves.
Receiving new products, put them in order, take to front of store in the card department, check managers messages, replenish and insert new cards, track inventories of everyday and seasonal greeting cards. Scan bar codes on the products to determine products placement. Sometimes I had to install specialty items such as gift wraps, party goods around – more... the store.
The headquarter and manager's messages were always very clearly stated and organized made a lot easier for me to work on this job.
And there is no need to deal with co workers, This job you work individually with flexible hours. – less
manager for a small hallmark store
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CASeptember 25, 2014
Loved being able to manage a small staff, order products, shipping etc. The customers were great to work with.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2014
I learned a lot about Retail and it was a great first job for a young high school student.
Great Store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2014
I would typically stand in front of the counter assisting customers and asking what they need. I made sure the store looked nice.
Great work environment.
Clerk/ Key Person (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2014
As a keyholder, I usually open or close the store. We do several thing during the day. We complete tasks that include setting merchandise, executing markdowns, unpacking shipment and putting it out. It gets a little busier the closer we get to Christmas. I enjoy working with my coworkers and interacting with customers. During the Christmas season we – more... can get 20 to 50 boxes of shipment in a day which makes it difficult to get all our tasks done. – less
It was not a good experience..
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: having pride in what i had accomplished, knowing i had done my best
Cons: working in a hostil enviroment
I worked various hours each day and it varied every week. Logged in at Wal-Mart's Customer Service/ Hallmarks sign in sheet under flipper, went to the stock room to see what had come in. Open and put out merchandise and go backs if any.
Each day I was learning something new for I received little to no training from my supervisor.

My manager did not – more... want me there from the very first day, she never had a kind word for me, on the off chance she did I knew to watch out she had something not so nice to say or do to me.

The co-worker that was there the most with me thought she was my boss ( I was her co-worker), said things like, " Thanks for helping me out" She was a nice lady, quiet but bossy.

The hardest part of my job was trying to balance what he Hallmark manual was telling me and what my supervisor wanted me to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing thing straight, neat and clean and knowing when I walked out that I had done my best.

Worked for Hallmark from 6-18-2014 - 9-10-2014, my shift was three or four days a week. One up to four house a day. – less
Always have a smile on your face
Clerk (Former Employee), Kinnelon, NJSeptember 11, 2014
• Providing excellent customer service and directing where to find a particular items
• Restocking, ordering with hand held devise
• Operating cash register
• Cleanliness throughout the whole store
rewarding job where you are never bored
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with great product, celebrating holidays
Cons: opportunity for advancement, pay raise
I was the Merchandise Assistant at Hallmark. I would come in everyday at 7:00 a.m. and process shipment. One of my biggest strengths is organizing, cleaning, and working at top speeds. This job was perfect for me. I would open many boxes, place the contents in the stockroom or sales floor, process any paperwork...etc. Basically my priority was to get – more... the product out and ready for my customers to buy. And I kept in mind that if the shelves on the sales floor looked full, clean and organized, my team would sell more product and be closer to making our daily sales goal. Hallmark was a store that sold items, cards and gifts that celebrated life's milestones. I enjoyed being a part of our customers shopping experience and it was rewarding to help them find the perfect gift for the right occasion. – less
A really nice and enjoyable job.
SALES ASSOCIATE HALLMARK (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 7, 2014
I got to work with very nice clientelle and mainly help customers fulfill their needs. This job was especially fun around the holidays because it gets a lot busier and we have many celebrations.
enjoyed working with little supervision 3 days a week (no weekends or nights)
Vendor Merchandiser (Former Employee), Galveston, TexasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace within reason of required duties
Cons: didn't like working on the holiday, found the company to be very wastful, throwing away products that could have been donated
A MERCHANDISER STAYS VERY BUSY, RECEIVING MERCHANDISE (BIG BOXES) WHICH WAS TO BE UNPACKED & DISTRIBUTED TO THE SALES FLOOR AS NEEDED. SEASONS & HOLIDAYS WERE EXTREMELY DEMANDING ESPECIALLY, CHRISTMAS,VALENTINES DAY & MOTHER'S DAY. THIS REQUIRED MANY MORE HOURS IN A DAY & REQUIRED TO WORK A FEW HOURS ON THE ACTUAL HOLIDAY AND THE DAY AFTER A HOLIDAY – more... WAS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU WOULD REMOVE THE PREVIOUS CARDS & MERCHANDISE AND REPLACE IT WITH THE NEXT SEASONAL ITEMS (ALL IN 1 DAY..SOMETIMES A 12 HOUR DAY) – less
Great
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work, always busy with the many holidays. Culture is good and focused on being positive and happy and expressing that to the customers.
No training
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ILAugust 29, 2014
Get in a wait to be told what to do. Management wasn't helpful in training either

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Photos