Hallmark

Hallmark Employer Reviews

Hallmark has some great cards for every occasion.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Trinity, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: this was a part-time job.
Cons: hallmark product is expensive, having to clean up card sections from previous retail merchandisers, and the company sending an overbundance of cards without me ordering, or the store manager's approval.
A typical day was going to the assigned stores and straighten the cards, stock, re-order if necessary, or put up displays according to the planogram. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was relaxing.
It was just a big family
Creative Assistant Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 23, 2014
Pros: family, card shop discount, benefits
Cons: always in a rush at the holidays, let good people go and hired new
I loved working at Hallmark Cards. It was just one big family. I did a lot of work with my hands. I felt like a was just playing with art and puzzles. I had to figure out in my head how something was going to work. Through the years I learned a lot of machines to get my work done. Although the card business is not what it used to be due to the new age, – more... I hope that people will always remember that "When you care enough to send the very best" a card will make a difference. – less
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 21, 2014
if you are a people person this is the best place to work
very nice clean and classy
very organize
co-workers are very nice and know the knowledge of their store
Bad management
Retail Merchandizer (Former Employee), NcNovember 21, 2014
Management on national side was terrible. Very wishy-washy. She couldn't seem to make up her mind on how she wanted things. She would go on to the store and change The way the cards were and then call me and wasn't me to change thing again.

One I had a family emergency she caused problems and wouldn't allow us to go the the hospital to see them family – more... member. Terrible management – less
Job that has opportunity to meet and work with a large territory
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: too large of a territory to manager part time people in the field.
Privately owned company, Opportunities are there if you live in the right location and have the skill to manage a territory.
Cared about employees
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLNovember 11, 2014
Enjoyed working independently. Liked hours are flexible.
email for details
Senior Strategic Buyer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 29, 2014
email for details

enjoy working with team, including co-workers, suppliers and management.

in coming call center
part-time retail merchandiser (Current Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: the calls
its ok not the best place to work. too many angry people calling about the rx they take and its the insurance they should be calling not the shipping place
terrible
Key holder, lead cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the merchandise was great
Cons: it is a terrible company and place to work
the owners were a horrible couple, they treated us like criminals and everything we did we had to constantly be looking over the shoulder.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: part time when children were small
Cons: very heavy work and very physical - no benefits and too much travel
Worked part time traveling store to store and resetting merchandise.
Good first job experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 13, 2014
The start of the day was setting up the register. Then tending to the inventory of the store and putting up anything new. There wasn't anything hard about this job and the everything was enjoyable about this job.
Easy going Retail spot
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
This job was very easy going and a wonderful place to work, even though this specific location is not available anymore. The place had good structure, and good hours. There was only one co-worker who was disrespectful but no place is perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the numerous cards at the store.
Great company to work for.
Field Installation & Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2014
Managing 136 employees throughout the state of Florida and Puerto Rico.
Productive area to grow.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Puerto RicoOctober 2, 2014
Very Flexible chiefs with the work hours. Helpful with my college hours. Very helpful with my work experience.
Just ok place to work
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Southern OROctober 2, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: low pay, unrealistic expectations, management is non-existant
Not enough hours. Unrealistic and short time given to complete tasks.
Pay is awful, low even with experience or having been with the company for YEARS....don't expect any raises, EVER.
inventory control
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: part time job, flexble schedule. paid mileage ; work individually.
Cons: back receivingroom iorganized made hard to take down the boxes of products from shelves.
Receiving new products, put them in order, take to front of store in the card department, check managers messages, replenish and insert new cards, track inventories of everyday and seasonal greeting cards. Scan bar codes on the products to determine products placement. Sometimes I had to install specialty items such as gift wraps, party goods around – more... the store.
The headquarter and manager's messages were always very clearly stated and organized made a lot easier for me to work on this job.
And there is no need to deal with co workers, This job you work individually with flexible hours. – less
manager for a small hallmark store
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CASeptember 25, 2014
Loved being able to manage a small staff, order products, shipping etc. The customers were great to work with.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2014
I learned a lot about Retail and it was a great first job for a young high school student.
Great Store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2014
I would typically stand in front of the counter assisting customers and asking what they need. I made sure the store looked nice.
Great work environment.
Clerk/ Key Person (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2014
As a keyholder, I usually open or close the store. We do several thing during the day. We complete tasks that include setting merchandise, executing markdowns, unpacking shipment and putting it out. It gets a little busier the closer we get to Christmas. I enjoy working with my coworkers and interacting with customers. During the Christmas season we – more... can get 20 to 50 boxes of shipment in a day which makes it difficult to get all our tasks done. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Photos