Hallmark Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Hallmark (Former Employee), Mount Sinai, NYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: slow store
When I first started working here I didn't know what to expect, but in the end I had a great time working at Hallmark. Everyone acts like a family, and it is a really nice environment to work in.
The working envirorment was the best experience.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Scheduling is flexible.
Cons: Stores have been closing.
Working with my co-workers and helping the customers was the best experience. It was all about teamwork. Management does a great job of communication.
Very Productive Job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Being able to complete tasks with little or no supervision
Cons: Just the health demands can get a bit much.
You must be able to stand stoop and bend for up to 4 hours. I have learned organization skills. Little to no supervision. Overall the whole job is great. I am just looking for something with a few more hours.
Great company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Thomasville, GAAugust 20, 2015
I enjoy working for Hallmark. This is my first job and I would like to find another job along with the great one I already have,\.
The owners were awesome! Love Hallmark product
Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, NEAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The discount on merchandise
Cons: finding a workforce in columbus was difficult
The store was always busy a new adventure everyday...enjoyed the social interaction with customers. relaxed atmosphere
Lonely Job
Account manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Freedom of not being micro managed
Cons: repetitious, boring
Mostly a work alone type of job. Traveling around city to check different accounts.
Boss was wonderful. Very kind and encouraging to me when I found a job in field I was trained.
I maintain the Hallmark ilse for different companies.
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: I like the finishing work I do
Cons: I don't like interruptions that interfere with my finishing product.
My day starts with the putting up of ordered merchandise. If the merchandise is seasonal it will take longer than ordinary. Audits are usually my next undertaking and submit the findings to your parent company.
Very diverse work place
Baggage Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: The customers coming in contact with on daily basis
Cons: Little to no breaks
Enjoyed the day to day work. Dealing with the customers and helping with their baggage issues. The different types of people I came in contact with help the day get by fast and was the most enjoyable parts of my days.
Flexible hours, I enjoyed the company employees I worked with
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, paid mileage, opportunity to work extra hours
Cons: Have to be able to be available up to 2 days prior major holidays, and the day after the holiday to do resets with long hours
Pay is nothing to brag about, but it did offer a very flexible work schedule with opportunities to work some extra hours. Training by management was a little lacking but i received a lot of hands on training by the other merchandise reps in the area who were extremely helpful.
Enjoy my bosses and flexibility
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: I would say the main benefit is the flexibility of your hours.
Cons: pay, and benefits could be better.
I really enjoy the flexibility of the schedule. I also enjoy the fact that Ive been very lucky with awesome bosses.

Typical day I will have one to two stores to visit, clean up, restock card pockets in the Hallmark section of stores.

I would say the main benefit is the flexibility.
The pay is not fantastic, but you will get a small raise every year and I have known women how have had the job 10 - 18 years.
Nice and friendly Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: none
I was an all day cashier, only worked weekends due to school.
My manager was sweet, there was only 3 of us working so we did everything like inventory, clean, handle money, stock items, make decorations, etc. The owner didn't pay over time and didn't give raises, I could never see myself growing in the company.
Awesome upbeat work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome product, very laid-back
Cons: Uniforms
From the first day at Hallmark, I felt welcomed. Clocking in, putting on that apron, and getting onto the sales floor made me feel like I was ready to do something important. My co-workers and manager all not only made meaningful connections with the customers but also with each other and in the end, when the store was closing, I felt as though I was leaving a family. There were some pesky customers rearranging the store, but putting it back to rights was always fun for me. Every task and every day were planned to a tee and the organization of the company really just made working for Hallmark a breeze. I loved every second of it!
Great company
Project Manager III & Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Downsizing
Has provided an amazing career. Politically challenging. So many people have been there for so long, need some fresh perspective.
RM
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: work at my on time
Cons: sometime managers are not around when needed.
I go into the stores and fill cards and bags. I have total of 4 stores and I order in ones. you do get to make your on work week but when you have a question and you call your boss you do not get a answer on the phone.
fun place to work
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Montclair, CAJuly 22, 2015
Fun place to work. I enjoyed the fast pace environment while being able to provide excellent guest service to friendly customers.
good place to work, especially during holiday time
Customer Service, Cash Handling (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: nice products
Cons: short breaks, stressful
good to work for
good products
part time
fun during the holidays
can be stressful being retail
mall enviroment
most co workers are nice
Fun job to meet new people
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Merchandising set up new stores or change out every thing in the stores. Going from place to place all over the us. learned how to change over the stores
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, COJuly 22, 2015
Enjoyable people to work with

Loved interacting with the customers

Hardest part of job was going up and down up in the loft to retrieve merchandise. It was very unsafe.
Leader in the personal expressions industry
Senior Design Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great benifits package with work/life balance
Cons: Constantly downsizing work force, outsourcing
Overall a great company to work for. Despite decreasing market share they continue to strive towards being a innovative and creative company in the personal expressions industry
Fast pace, always something different.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 17, 2015
Hallmark is a great place to work. Every day you have the opportunity to make meaningful connections with the customers coming into your store.
Headquarters