Hallmark

Hallmark Employee Reviews

Fun place where you see the impact you have on customers
Manager (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJuly 3, 2015
You help clients in the most important moments in their lives. They treat you with respect and value your recommendations.
Customer Service, stock, vendor
Merchandiser Vendor (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLJuly 2, 2015
I was a hallmark vendor working inside of a Walmart. I took down displays and set up for the new holidays, as well as stock, ship, and receive merchandise.
Fun Place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: like every retail job the hours
Great products and very fun creative customers. Many ways to use your creativity to help solves customers crafting needs.
fun company to work for
installation merchandiser (Former Employee), ncJune 30, 2015
Pros: meet new people the free food and lodge
Cons: dont always work and hard to travel when you have a family
i enjoy working for hallmark doing the revisions at the many stores and aiding the customers provides excellent work experience in many different areas
quiet workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Freehold, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: discount and quiet
Cons: late night closing
i was required to restocked the store, cleaned store, and cash out customers. i learned how to handle money and use a register.
One of my favorite jobs.
merchandiser (Former Employee), Grand Coulee, WAJune 17, 2015
Pros: flexible somewhat schedule
Cons: destroying outdated merchandise-seemed wasteful
I enjoyed this merchandising job.The paperwork wasn't as extensive and time consuming as some i've done.The manager was good and helpful to work with.i also like indendently so this was perfect.
Nice company to work for. No room for advancement.
Key Holder - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranberry Mall Cranberry, Pa 16319June 10, 2015
Pros: Quality merchandise, steady customer base
Cons: Retail hours, no room for advancement
Provide excellent customer service to all customers, maintain and continually develop product and company knowledge, management duties include; employee purchases, minimize cash register overages and shortages, handle refunds, charge credits and layaway transactions, open and close store in the absence of a manager, handle all security procedures such as, arming and disarming security systems, handle cash deposits, assure store is ready to be left until the next opening, resolve customer complaints, actively participate training programs regarding selling skills and product knowledge, check-in, inventory, price, and stock merchandise, train and motivate staff members, serve as a liaison between staff and management, assist in the hiring of new associates and in the training of new employees
I'm a creative person and feel at home with Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: good hours, make my own schedule for the week
Cons: A lot of driving
I go into the store I am services that day log in then go talk with the Manager on duty or the receiver in stock room, i then pull stock from back and Merchandise the cards, wrapping paper, bow, etc.. when done I either go to another store to service or go home everything is computed into hand held computer. I never leave a store a mess it always looks great when im done. I'm a fast working so I can do more then when account during the day.
Low stress. fast paced
Sales Merchandiser - part time (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 3, 2015
Understood my timelines and responsibilites and was able to make my own hours. Very supportive manager and always a new project to work on.
Each day is different
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milltown, NJJune 2, 2015
Pros: Can be a fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay not benefits
A typical day involves putting the guests (customers) first. Helping each guest find the perfect gift or card can be a challenge but leaves you with a sense of satisfaction knowing you've helped them. My co-workers are all mostly retired women who are a pleasure to be around.
Wonderful customers
Coordinator (Former Employee), Waco, TxJune 1, 2015
Pros: loyal customers
Cons: unable to get promotions or raises
When it came to hallmark keepsake ornaments it was a joy seeing all the usual customers. They were the reason why I enjoyed working there so much. The hardest part of working at Hallmark was keeping the cards stocked with new product during the holidays. Customers always want to see new product.
Independent Job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lanett, ALMay 31, 2015
Pros: no supervision
Cons: little work hours, massive card stock boxes during holidays
I loved how I could work independently without supervision. I was able to get my job done easily with minimal distractions.
At your own pace environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Liberty, MOMay 25, 2015
Relaxed environment with the company catering to employees needs. Foot massager in the break room provides much needed tension release.
fast paced and fun workplace
Merchandise Installer (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: traveling seeing and meeting new people
Cons: long days
a typical day at work would be travel and stocking cards at various locations one thing i learned from this job was responsibility and time handeling my management was amazing and my co-workers were great to work with the hardest part of the job was finding the locations at which we would work for that day the most enjoyable part of ther job was amking my own hours and traveling all over the bay area
Always something new.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Franklin, INMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Heavy boxes
Every day was something new and different. Working with store crews every day and finding new ways to display products was fun and interesting. Management was easy to work with.
Fun job. Supervisor is a great person.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Store managers I worked with were wonderful & very helpful.
Cons: Not enough assigned time to do the job properly.
I really enjoyed working for Hallmark. I have to say the hardest part was not having enough assigned time to do the job properly & thoroughly.
Hallmark
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee), NortheastMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Truly believes in connecting with the customer and creates a culture like no other. The owners are amazing people who take great pride in their family history and how the company operates its everyday business.
comfortable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City Zoo, MOMay 16, 2015
Pros: good job, good hours
Cons: can be extra stressful with too many changes at times
Friendly environment at stores I work at. Coworker are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of standard operating procedures, especially when you have 5 different accounts in 8 locations! A real good day on the job is when I goin and everything goes smoothly with no sudden changes or problems.
Very Disappointed in Management
sales (Former Employee), pa.May 15, 2015
Pros: Used to have flexible hours.
Cons: Lied to daily
I was a past employee , OK at first with flexible hours then all the changes took place , walmart controls this company , and they will do whatever they are told including sacrificing good employees who can't meet their time schedules, poor management, low pay, they don't give a dam about their employees , half assed training program also , managers don't show up on time or just don't show up at all.
Very physical job
Order Processor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: physical demands
great co-workers
good professional company and fun atmosphere
physically demanding job
great pay
great benefits
organized work environment

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Salaries