Hallmark

Hallmark Employer Reviews

customer service
sales associate (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 27, 2015
great people and a manager. the job is very easy and you can work at your own pace. be friendly. enjoy people and your coworkers
Great opportunity and Great Rewards
Senior Writer/Producer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and professional rewards
Cons: Company financial challenges that led to my downsizing.
I thoroughly value my years at Hallmark, and was very fortunate with the opportunities I was provided to grow my skills over that time.

I look back with gratitude that I was afforded the opportunity to work with the best media production talent in Kansas City. I also was able to work with some of best voice and on-camera talent in the country.

One of those most memorable projects was working with actress Marsha Cross when she was still in the cast of the Desperate Housewives TV show. It was really interesting to direct a "Hollywood" talent for my video project.
35 year career
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Central FloridaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: brand recogniton, profit sharing, company car, established account base
Cons: social media has taken the place of card sending, card shops are not as relevant as they were in the past, lack of new compelling product that draws customers into business.
My typical day at Hallmark was never typical as I wore many hats. One day I may be selling the latest sample/products, the next day doing market development, and maybe the next visiting Gold Crown stores to evaluate them on compliance with Hallmark standards. Hallmark has great brand recognition and provided me with a great career for 35 years.
Flexible and fun job, with nice co-workers.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedule
Cons: no medical benefits
My supervisors were very supportive and were more than willing to train me in all aspects of the job, which enabled me to be more productive and successful. This is a great job for a person who works well independently, is organized and enjoys being active and outgoing. I enjoyed my time with Hallmark and would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Great company to work for
Hallmarker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great dining areas and food service
Cons: pto instead of vacation time
I learned that the company executives respect and appreciate their employees opinions and are dedicated to improving the communities their employees come from.
Hallmark is a good company to work for. Lots to learn with the different products we handle
Retail Order Processor (Former Employee), 2101 N Lightburne Liberty, MoFebruary 25, 2015
This position requires the incumbent to fill retail orders in several different mediums within Order Processing that include Buggy Fill, Batch Cart Fill, and 3-D Carousel. Filling methods and skills will vary according to area. Therefore, flexibility in filling in all of the multiple assignments within this description is required. The incumbent fills customer orders using computer-generated documents to pick from fill bins or utilize pick to light technology with Batch Cart fill, and 3-D Carousel, along with other automated equipment. Interfaces with PC and mainframe systems to ensure customer orders are processed in adherence to standard operating procedures. This position requires the highest possible quality and customer service by selecting and packing items in cartons and placing cartons on conveyor system. Business needs of the department require incumbents to work overtime in peak seasons and may require further additions or changes of this position at any given time. Teamwork, cooperation and flexibility, along with LEAN principles of problem solving and eliminating waste are expectations of the position.
fun place to work
retail merchandiser (Current Employee), utahFebruary 23, 2015
Good company and nice people to work with. You would have alot of product come in and have to work hard to get the product out.
Flexible schedule that was ideal when my children were young
Part Time Merchandising Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: missed working with others as part of a team, lack of challenge
Worked independently and as a contact person with Kroger management regarding the Hallmark account.
Reviewed orders and made sure that the Hallmark areas of my Kroger accounts were full and neat.
Changed seasonal areas based on current season.
Flexible Schedule
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2015
My primary duties as a retail merchandiser were to go into Walmart stores and stock cards and display party and seasonal merchandise. It was very helpful that the job required service only 3 times a week and on the days of my choosing. My manager was thorough and helpful throughout the training process. The hardest part of the job was the hours allotted for each store and managing time in order to get the product out within that time frame.
Flexible - Parttime Only
Retail Merchandising (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no benefits at all, part-time
Merchanding is great for a person that doesn't mind cleaning up other people's rude behavior of throwing store items wherever they want. It's flexible work hours and days are meant for people that do not want to work an 8-5 JOB (Journey Of the Broke) ;-).
easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taunton, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Very easy job, slow and steady work environment unless during the holidays. awesome coworkers. Work with a lot of women
A great Company to work for
Retail Merchandising (Current Employee), Jupiter, FloridaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule. boss is kind and personable. work is consistent.
Cons: probability of raises is minimal. company reorganization may lead to less job opportunities.
Hallmark is a great Company to work for. I could not ask for a better person to be my boss. I love what I do. I am grateful for the flexibility in my schedule.
Fun and friendly staff other than the manager.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Chattanooga TnFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: loving staff, caring customers, fun environment, upbeat.
Cons: lazy manager.
I love my job here. I just don't like the new manager that they have hired. She is lazy and does not want to do anything. She leaves long lists of things for us to do but she doesn't want to do anything. She wants to stand and watch you do everything but not want to help. The hardest part of the job is just learning about all of the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching customers get job out of shopping here.
Fun workplace that is close-knit with the community
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDFebruary 15, 2015
This workplace was located in the middle of a small community. Working here, I was able to build relationships with the people of the community, and I learned how to provide proper customer service and make sure that the customers needs were met. I also learned a lot of responsibility with the job becoming a key-holder. Being a key-holder can be hard and overwhelming. It is important that I do everything correctly when opening and closing the store when the managers are not there, if anything goes wrong, that responsibility falls on me. My co-workers we always nice and very fun to work with. We always share the responsibilities that are put on us, like inventory, cleaning the shelves and vacuuming, building displays etc. We also learn new things from each other, like how to do certain things with the register, or easier ways to get through the inventory and stocking the shelves, etc. Working in retail can be very difficult, just like any job, but I feel that I learned a lot about how to work customers and meet their needs to the best of my abilities.
Great people to work with. Love the hours.
Part-time Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: set my own schedule.
Cons: pay isn't great.
I take care of three Walgreen's stores in Kenosha. I love the work and the hours.

My day involves going into the warehouse to see if I have received any merchandise. I then sort the merchandise and get it out to the floor for display or refilling. I straighten up and clean if necessary. I usually audit the cards every time I am at the store. I look for empty pockets or pockets with only one card. I use a hand held computer to do my auditing and time keeping. I have to be able to upload my information daily using this device.

I have also worked on installations in many stores. This can involve anything from just changing out the cards on display to tearing down the actual hardware and resetting the entire aisle.

I put up holiday displays and change them out when necessary. I interact with the management of Walgreens every time I am there. The people are very nice to work with.
Wonderful Career Experience
Area Real Estate and Site Development Director (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: the people, excellent benefits, a privately owned corporation.
Cons: performance expectation was exceptionally high.
An outstanding company to spend a career with. Wonderful people with a very positive work environment.

I worked on the marketing of Hallmark's ornament line which was a very successful product group. The work was most challenging which enhanced the desirability of the job.

Each day our marketing committee would meet with the artists, designers, marketing strategists, and senior management.
I could set my own hours, for the most part.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: a great discount on hallmark ornaments.
Cons: not enough hours.
I would get inventory from the back room. I would take the inventory and fill the shelves with Hallmark product. I learned how to set up displays and tear them down for the holidays. I didn't really work with management. I did learn how to work with the receiver for Walmart and other back room staff. I learned how to maintain my area in the back room. Keeping it tidy, made for a happy receiver. The job was only part time and the hours were not steady. That was the downside of the job. The best part of the job was I could go in early and work my hours, take my kids to school, and go work at the elementary school.
A Family Owned Company Still Going Strong
General Manager (Current Employee), ColoradoFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: interaction with customers and staff.
Cons: low pay.
Working in a Hallmark store is enjoyable and rewarding. Customer interaction is of primary focus and if done right, results in many repeat customers that usually turn into friends. Most people who come in are in to shop for a celebration and are generally in good moods. I really enjoy my job.
Productive and Evolving work responsibilities
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Troubleshooting of mainframe and network issues, such as printing, presentation and software problems. Learned real world applications of the issues that occur in the modern workplace. Enjoyed assisting employees with their problems so the could complete their work assignments.
Very had work for the pay
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: working on your own with own hours
Cons: tore left shoulder rotator cuff.
Inventory of card stock, bows and ribbon, party supplies, setting up and taking down displays for holidays. A lot of bending and reaching.
restocking cards to areas where they belong

1 2 3 4 5

About Hallmark

Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora – Read more

Hallmark Photos