Hallmark Employee Reviews

Creative displays and good coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAFebruary 1, 2016
On a typical day I would open the store vacuum, put out matts and setup register. Open shipping department and commence sales. I would up sale as much as possible. We had different departments such as office supplies, gift, cards, wrapping, and shipping I was in charge of overseeing all of these. We had free gift wrapping. I learned how to box and ship packages, order supplies on a set budget, conduct sales, fax and gift wrap. I also learned how to train and assign tasks to associates. I enjoyed the people I worked with however our store owner lived in a different state and so management was inconsistant. However they were all really nice people to work with. The hardest part of my job was the slow foot traffic. The most enjoyable part was gift wrapping and decorating the store.
love working at various locations
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Good place to work. I service my territory and love replenishing and setting up seasonal products. Keeping my products up to date and looking amazing! I haved learned so much , its hard to explain all of it
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2016
Very laid back and nice place to work everyday. Dress code is casual. Learned a lot about Hallmark and had great co-workers.
Good companies to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I like doing this job. It was very enjoyable helping people find that special card or giving them that good idea for a card. Work went fast. I like to be kept busy.
Pros
You worked by yourself
Cons
Travelling to too many stores at Holiday rush
Ace operator
support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KsJanuary 25, 2016
Work there kept one busy and the people there were mostly friendly and easily to get along with.
the only hard part of the job is when the turnover between jobs is short and you have to have one job ready right behind the other.
Great place
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Very flexible place to work. Easy work to complete everyday. Would b a perfect job for moms because of it being so flexible.The hardest part of the job would be not getting enough hours on the off seasons. But during big holidays the hours are great.
J's Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 18, 2016
During my time spent working at Hallmark, I learned that in order to have a successful business, the employee must make sure that he or she listens carefully in order to fully understand what the customer exactly needs. It is important to display characteristics that include, but are not limited to, patience, generosity, confidence, and kindness. A sale's associate must also be able to adjust to certain scenarios, in which he or she knows what to do and as a result, obtain positive outcomes from his or her decisions.
When working at Hallmark, I found that the manager must also display the same qualities as the employees of the business, and must take the leadership role in providing the best possible experience as possible for the customer. Further, a good manager also ensures his or her employees are treated fairly and receive the guidance they need in order to reach their fullest potential for performing the job's tasks.
When working in a business as a sale's associate, I also learned that it is crucial to be able to get along with other employees so that the store has an overall more positive atmosphere, and tasks can be accomplished in a most positive and therefore efficient manner as possible. This means being able to communicate with other coworkers and helping one another out as needed while on the job.
The hardest part of working as a sales associate for me was when customers had very specific questions that I did not have the knowledge to answer. In these cases, I turned to my supervisor to take over this task so that the customer could receive the answer he or
  more... she needed. In general, however, I very much enjoyed working as a sales associate for Hallmark. My favorite part of the job was being able to interact with the customers that came into the store, and being able to help them out to make their day. This made it a very rewarding experience for me as an employee for Hallmark.  less
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
No 401K plan
productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
working here was very uninteresting I didn't learn much although the management was great but it was a lot of favoritism involved between the coworkers and managers. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
Pros
employee meetings
Cons
short breaks
Challenging yet fulfilling and that makes it fun
Merchandiser and Installation (Former Employee) –  Entire Coachella Valley....25 mile radiusJanuary 7, 2016
Interacted with Store Management in Drug Stores. I enjoyed the challenges of their time restraints and discussing why and how a project would happen.

Co-workers were super. As noted, yes, there were many challenges but I would not say they were the hardest part of the job..
I loved the product, I loved the interactions with all levels, merchandising and also the sales when performing the duties.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not as fun and colorful as it seems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 6, 2016
The Hallmark store that I worked at was not the warmest of places. First of all, it was literally cold. Secondly, every person who worked there was a female and each had their own form of a terrible personality. The manager was pretty much incompetant, the back room was horribly disorganized, the registers were painfully outdated, and the required clothing for employees was all black. It did not seem like they cared about their customers or employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
I've always loved beautiful Hallmark products
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Prepared greeting cards for sale and changed out according to season. I had difficulties with the equipment used to scan product and was frustrated without enough training. I felt I was not given another opportunity to do the job and it still makes me sad since I have always done well with my work. I enjoy working and never had problems with getting along with people. I would have loved to have been given another opportunity with more training.
Pros
beautiful products
Cons
not enough training
Fun Work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 5, 2016
I loved the work with Hallmark but could not get hired on as a permanent employee. My position was temporary and part-time. Not many jobs available in my area.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 3, 2016
I work with customers and stocking product on shelves. I learned different things such as merchandising,shipping and receiving,visual merchandising,supervising lead,opening and closing of the store.I getting along really well with my associates and made new friends out of it. I have not really found anything hard about my job. I enjoy meeting new people and helping customers with the things they are looking for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no pay increase, not enough hours, no benifits
Enjoyable co-workers
Retail Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 27, 2015
I worked at Hallmark for 20 years and enjoyed my job. I enjoyed having new daily challenges and working in different areas at the distribution center
traveling job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 25, 2015
great pay, lots of traveling from store to store to help set up for the holidays. excellent job opportunity, and training is indeed given
Great place
Installation Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2015
Productive, love meeting new people, proud of the "finished look"
nice working conditions, flexible hours great team members, always going the extra mile
Pros
travel, money
Cons
away from home
Excellent
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 16, 2015
Awesome company to work for! Great people, easy to work with. The only complaint I have is the lack of directions for the corrugate displays...sometimes they are a challenge to figure out.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not much training
I was seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 10, 2015
this job was a seasonal job but was friendly but did not care for the manager but dint not let that effect my job performance enjoyed the cashiers and customers
Cards
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 9, 2015
I liked working with the different stores and doing the resets. Building shelves and setting up new stores. I did card resets and put new cards on the shelves and take down old ones.
Not what it was
Editorial Director and Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2015
Hallmark has been struggling for a number of years. The creative staff is constantly asked to deliver against poorly planned strategies from management. When these programs fail, creative is usually let go while the management is promoted. Makes no sense.