Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly atmosphere to buy birthday, wedding, or baby gifts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 22, 2016
I was responsible for helping customers as well as assisting the store manager with daily functions. Some of the functions include restocking, making invitations, ordering merchandise, and checking in new merchandise. Management was enjoyable to work with, because they were flexible with my school schedule. My co-workers and I worked very well together as we completed our daily tasks.
Pros
Flexible with schedule while still in school
Great place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2016
This is a great job if you need flexible hours. It is part-time at less than 20 hours per week, but extremely flexible when you have young children. Typical day is going to your store, putting out new inventory and making sure everything is stocked and tidy. Hardest part of the job is you have to be at your stores the day after every holiday to take down merchandise and set up the next holiday merchandise.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
have to work the day after every major holiday
Horrible place to work
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 19, 2016
This job is basically a coffin for people who want to waste there lives in a warehouse with no real joy other then the occasional joke from a co-worker. It is a grim setting and would not recommenced employment in a warehouse, unless they really compensate you for your work.
Not managed well
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Enfirld ctAugust 18, 2016
Hardest workers get abused and ones who do nothing get away with doing nothing . Very poor management. Benefits once we're good but noe slowly taken away.
welcoming community
Stock Clerk and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYAugust 16, 2016
worked Saturday and sunday. learned to speak more and welcome people and make them feel welcomed and comfortable. hard part of the job, was listening to three people at once.
Pros
food choice near by
Cons
having three poeple in charge
Loved the product and the people
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 16, 2016
I was a retail store manager for a few years at a Hallmark Cards, Inc. corporate store. I really enjoyed this position because of the product, the people and the leadership.
Management of resources is terrible...
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 16, 2016
They have a lot favoritism and bigotry in the workplace. Employees have to fend for themselves although they lack certain aspects of training. They are not lenient in the slightest when it comes to the average worker. The corporate office makes so many mistakes that they had to have people work overtime for 6 months and a lot of employees left because of the work load.
benefits
Cons
Fork lift operator, assembly line (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 14, 2016
Secure job, great benefits (profit sharing), safe working environment, supervisors were interested in my professional development, proactive training.
Pros
Location close to home
Very fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 11, 2016
Open and close the store. Receive freight, ring up sales, replenish merchandise. Everyone is very friendly. Get to meet lots of different people.
A Challenging Place to Work
Sr. Retail Store Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2016
I spent over 20 years with Hallmark as a designer in their Store Design/Store Planning studios. Each day, Hallmark offered new and exciting challenges for a designer. Our design staff prided themselves on being on the forefront of the retail store design field. With access to professional visual merchandisers and graphic designers, our proposals were highly polished and often ready for market. Management gave us leeway to design to our standards, rarely forcing their views into our solutions. Due to the nature of the retail market, Hallmark is always looking to grow beyond their current standards, and challenged us to improve upon our designs with each new project. My co-workers were well trained, enthusiastic and real team players.
Pros
Have all the resources a designer needs
Cons
Core business is challenged in today's retail environment
Top 10 Nationwide
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 8, 2016
Excellent place to work for five days and forty hours a week and seasonal overtime. Excellent employee discount with Gift Store at production Facility.
Pros
Benifits second to none.
Cons
Very strict attendance policy.
Relaxed job environment
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 8, 2016
On a typical day at work, I would organized the merchandise and sell that merchandise to customers. It was nice to work here because it allowed me to view an area of merchandise I previously hadn't known about.
Gratifying work, flexible schedule, not the best paying
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at work involves
-unpacking and putting out shipment
-setting displays
-A LOT of customer interaction
-checking customers out
-dusting/straightening

I have learned
-patience
-customer service skills
-overall communication skills
-you can't please everyone ( however, the ones you ARE able to please, can be very appreciative and it feels great!)

The hardest part of the job is when a customer is dissatisfied and there is little you can do as a sales associate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your customers (sometimes even on a personal level) and being able to help them find that perfect gift/card. Really, customer service/interaction is the main focus at Hallmark. We do the best to make every connection meaningful, and when that is accomplished (in a positive way, of course),it is extremely gratifying.

Overall, I love working for Hallmark.
Pros
Flexible schedules, gratifying
Cons
Salary
Nice place of employment, Excellent employees to work with
Order processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 3, 2016
A typical day would consist of filling various orders for locations that sold Hallmark products. They are a very employee friendly company to work for and stressed safety in and out of the workplace and well as a strong code of ethics. Hallmark believes in an open door policy with their employees so we always felt comfortable going to management with any questions and concerns. Hardest part of the job I had at Hallmark was packing cartons in their season section of the distribution center. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to participating in special projects to improve our jobs, with ergonomics and safety.
Pros
reward program for going above and beyond what is expected of us.
Cons
changes in retirement benefits, insurance, and closing of Enfield Distribution
The co-workers were the best part of the job
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
Hallmark had very good benefits and the pay was very comparable to surrounding businesses. The people were great to work with.
The job was stressful to maintain your production average, exhausting walking up to 8 miles a day.
Pros
Healthcare, People
Cons
Pressure to perform your job, alot of walking
Once was a fun place to work and productive and did have a ping pong table
Safety Trainer & Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
For years we had one of the best work environments and I think most of us enjoyed going to work each day. Many managers were fair and good to work for. The workers atmosphere was like a family. Things have changed a bit since then but so has the overall work situation.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Changing work environment
Flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 29, 2016
Great work and life balance. Co workers are very cooperative and helpful. I learned to work independently, following instructions sent by email. Took part in installation and revision.
Pros
flexible hours, no work on holidays
Cons
not enough hours when the season is over
Great atmosphere, but only a part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2016
I was very pleased to be given an opportunity to become a team member for Hallmark. The only problem that I encountered working for this company since February 2016, is the fact that it is only a part time job with 8 to 15 hours weekly, and this was not a suitable income to raise children when you are a single mother.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Mostly a great place to work.
Order Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 25, 2016
I worked at Hallmark Cards for almost 26 years. I was encouraged to work in many departments so I have experience in many different aspects of warehouse work. It was a great place to work. I had expected to retire from there until they announced the closing of the Distribution center last July 2015. from then I worked another 9 months with my last work day of April 1 2016.
Pros
Good money. Great people
Cons
Place closed
three stars
Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2016
Hallmark is facing what a lot of companies are facing a changing of the times. Business is more challenging, because people are buying less cards.