Hallmark Employee Reviews

Good positive enviroment
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 22, 2017
They are a good company to work for if you do not mind putting in the work. Management was good and positive, and fellow employees were also in good spirits making the Job seem a little less like work
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benifits
Fast pace job, but good company benefits.
order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 22, 2017
While working for Hallmark Cards in Enfield, CT. the company was very good to work for. It was a company that you stayed with, I was there 17.5 years. Most people had 15plus years. But with the economy the way it has been and Connecticut so expensive they closed the Enfield site.
Pros
The pay was good and benefits good.
Cons
Very physical and fast paced.
fantastic
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 20, 2017
love the products, the culture, an the people. The events are a little over the top and they come one right after another, but I really enjoyed working there. I was able to grow as a person, and as an associate there and I will always think highly of them
Very slow, not for young people
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 19, 2017
Although I enojyed my time at Hallmark, it was definitely not the job I had in mind when I first was hired. The job is very layed back and slow-paced.
12+ miles a day on a 8 hr shift
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 18, 2017
Friendly fun fast pace keeps you very busy. Communication and verification is key. Tons of walking 12+ miles in just a 8 hr shift. Bending reaching grabbing pushing squaring kneeling.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Tons of walking
Good atmosphere
Merchandise Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2017
Replaced inventory and received new inventory. Placed it in card aisles of this retailer. Learned how to set-up displays. Plenty of work to do. Nice atmosphere. Workplace was nice. Lots of work during the holidays, in fact this job revolved around holidays.
Pros
great employer with good reputation
Cons
low pay
fun relaxed place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 14, 2017
This place was very fun. I made a lot of friends and was able to decorate the store for each holiday. This is a good first job for anyone.
The store is closed now
gretting customer and break time
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 13, 2017
I have learn to stock boxes, handle cashier, greeting Customers and i have learn that you have to do what you like and i loved mostly handing the cashier .
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks rude customers
Fair
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Martin, TN 38237June 13, 2017
You earn vacation it was just hard to get the time off because you are the only employee that works the store and you are depended upon to keep the store going. Holidays are the worse. You get paid for 6 hours and sometimes it takes 9 to do a Holiday reset.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Hard to get vacation, holidays
fun staff
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 12, 2017
manager is always upbeat and willing to stop dead in her tracks to assist any customer to make sure they get what they need and have a pleasant experience in her store
loved it
Company representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVJune 11, 2017
Loved the flexibility of this job. My supervisor was wonderful and always there if I needed her. My stores I'v worked in were great. Sometimes this job can be demanding when you have to switch out mods and switch holidays.
Pros
flexible, independent work schedule
Cons
not enough hrs, standing for long periods of time.
Purchasing
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2017
Did not receive adequate training. Was lost in the shuffle of a new division being created and separated from mentor without proper length of service in my position.
Pros
benefits, organization
Cons
training
Not managed very well at all
Order Processor/ Zone Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 8, 2017
This job is very happy when it comes to firing someone. They do not care to try and correct the issue first and the managers wont even face you to fire you. They fire everyone while they are off work or during the weekend before you head back in work. All they do is deactivate your badge and wont even call you or even message or nothing to let you know you were fired. Also the manager that decided to fire you wont even talk to you or see you because they can't do their own work. The job it self wasn't real bad but do expect it to feel like drama high school all over again. I will never send anyone to them to work for them.
Pros
Insurance only
Cons
Basically everything
Fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2017
The people who work there are very friendly and easy to work with. The time passes fast and there is lots of time to get done with everything. The environment is fun as well.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
The pay is not too good
Nice place to work. They care about their employees and try to treat people faily.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2017
Good people. Declining business. Generally a very nice place to work. They care about their employees and try to treat people fairly. The work environment is friendly and respectful. A lot of different areas within the company to chose from. Good benefits and competitive wages.
great company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 8, 2017
They are a great company to work for. They make sure that their employees are taken care of and they make sure that their customers are happy. The hardest part of the job is the selling aspect.
Typical Day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2017
A typical day for me was sorting all the merchandise and getting it in order then putting it on shelves according to planogram. Replenishing all outs and making sure everything is in order to displays plans.
Nice place to work, pay could be better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 5, 2017
I have never had a problem with the management or coworkers and the customers are generaly great to work with. I do believe the pay could be much better, especially for employees that have been with the company over a year. There are no raises, but the overall job experience is nice, but could be improved with better pay.
Terrific place to work!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2017
After 15 years I an truly say I love my job! I love the independence I have doing my job, not having someone on "my back" watching every move. Opportunity meeting new people in different work environments.
Pros
Freedom of work
Cons
Did my work and what was asked of me but they over load your workload with no appreciation
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 3, 2017
Just do what you need to do without complaints. As long as you so the job you won't have any trouble. It gets tough sometimes because they have one person doing a three man job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.