Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 1,158 reviews matching the search
Demeaning supervisor
Retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 16, 2017
I absolutely loved merchandising for Hallmark. Unfortunately, my immediate supervisor was very demeaning and in my opinion was a very poor representative of what Hallmark stands for. For example, she chastised me in front of a customer to the point that the customer looked at her and walked away without making a purchase.
Great Staff, flexible work hours, fun travel
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hallmark and it's a great way to make money and have flexible hours. A typical day is never typical which makes it exciting and not repetitive like other entry level jobs.

I would work there again.
Management is just so horrible and lacking management skills and professionalism
Display Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 15, 2017
Management is very poor hired the wrong people to work don't know what they're doing always in a panic or always in a rush because things don't get done in time because no one knows when to do things always on organized and lacking professionalism
Pros
Sometimes you get free lunches and dinner and hotel rooms
Cons
If you take a five-minute break they want you to clock out
Great Part Time job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 14, 2017
Great job for part time work. Flexible hours and you are able to work on your own. Must work weekly or bi monthly hours according to what your Crown Connect gives you. Management is strict about going over hours which varied upon the necessity of the store's business. The hardest part of the job was during the holidays when you had to set up and tear down with in a certain period of time.
Help was given if you requested it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great reps as well as managers.
The only down side is the hourly rate.
Pros
Work alone in different store settings
Cons
Pay rate is not up to par with workload
Great Place to Work
Cardback Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2017
Enjoyed more time within Hallmark immensely. Great environment, great people, and great managers. If not for numerous rounds of lay offs in the past, I would still be working there most likely.
Easy going
DE- Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 13, 2017
Loved this job. My employer was flexible and willing to listen if had any problems. Perfect job if just looking for part time work. They compensate for mileage as well.
Pros
Mileage compensation
Cons
Only part time
Fast pace work environment
IT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2017
Hallmark Business Connections: Incentives—Reward programs, recognition programs and online gift certificates.
For more than a century, Hallmark has been in the business of understanding people and relationships. We believe connections with others bring real meaning and purpose to our lives.
Inspired by Hallmark’s passion for creativity and connection, we’re transforming the business landscape with meaningful, memorable solutions for your employees and customers. Solutions that foster loyalty and drive people to excel. Solutions that deliver measurable results.
Hallmark was a great place to work. 25 years employed.
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2017
I went to work for Hallmark Cards after high school. Worked from a stock handler to printing press operator. I was hired away by API Foils to grow their stamping foil business which I did.
Pros
Great company to work for. Pay was and benefits were good.
Cons
Nothing really negative.
Good Job
Part-Time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
I enjoy my job. I visit the Wal-mart about 4 miles from my house two days a week and every other Saturday to stock and straighten the department. The hours are flexible and I leave when I am finished, usually about 3-4 hours later. I like the flexibility but wish I could get more hours now that youngest child is entering college.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Super long days on the day after a holiday to switch out the cards for the next holiday
No Hours No Boss
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILAugust 10, 2017
The hours suck , the supervisor was very preoccupied. Working with walmart employees also sucked. Not very helpful company no room for advancement. Lots of paper cuts
Fair
Part-time Salesperson (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2017
I was not impressed with management. She was not very professional and gave certain employees better treatment than others. The training process was also very poor.
Hallmark 4Star
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 7, 2017
Hallmark is a nice company,, flexible schedule.. I enjoy working with myself ... but it can get very very stressful and tedious at times ...the main thing is .. is staying focus ,, to get the job done.
Pros
The flexibility of schedule, The job is only good for pocket change and retirees.. unless you apply for a career position
Cons
Not many hrs during the summer months, you can only make decent hrs during the fall season, the pay rate should be more at least, your summer months you are lucky if you get 15hrs a week, basic hrs a week may be 8 to 10hrs for the whole week, @8 to 10hrs. You do the math
Retail Merchandiser Floater (Current Employee) –  Bald Knob, ARAugust 7, 2017
They could base the raises on an individual persons work instead of it being a generalized thing. They are great to work for, but in the summer you barely get hours.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2017
I worked mostly mornings and had a great time getting to be there for the customers and making some smile that day by picking out the best gift they were looking for. I worked the cash register and got to step in on some projects of resetting the displays. I loved the product that we had at Hallmark and that's why it was fun to do.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no benefits, dealing with customers that werent always happy
Fun Job!
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 5, 2017
Job is really easy. Get to meet new people every day. BUT, be careful. They will tell you the pay is MORE than it actually is. They will say they pay for MILEAGE, BUT, they don't tell you that you have to GIVE them 10mins driving, AND 10miles BEFORE you get paid. I did this territory that is available now, GREAT stores with the exception of WALMART! So make sure at the HIRING stage YOU get compensation and mileage in WRITING from the trainer! IF not, you will be shocked when you are actually paid. I could NOT afford to work ONLY 2-4 HRS during off season. GOOD luck!
Pros
Nice boss
Cons
some store mgmt
Hallmark Cards
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 3, 2017
Hallmark is a great place to work for. However, you cant balance the family life. You have great benefits and great pay. But what is all that if you have a family that you can't spend time with. You work soo much OT that there is no time for family.
Great Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORAugust 3, 2017
Hallmark Resort was a great place to work. With benefits, competitive pay and organization you cant go wrong. Management was par none. situated right on the Oregon coast the views while working were breathtaking. hallmark is in a small town and being so it still managed to compete with some of the big city resorts.
Pros
stable hours, great managment and great work enviroment
Cons
Pay depending on department
Its a nice job for moms and retirees
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 3, 2017
Nice and fun job when.looking to keep busy and supplement your income. The people you meet are nice and good to.work.with when going to.other stores to.help with revisions.
Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 3, 2017
I loved working for this company and the benefits were amazing. They gave you the tools to make strides in you career and wanted to see you succeed. I would still be working for them, if the store was closed.
Pros
People, management
Cons
pay
Company Relocated out of state
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 3, 2017
I was a security officer; I worked there for 28 years. The company was located in Enfield, CT. It was a good place to work, but it relocated out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval