Hallmark Employee Reviews

Excellent management
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 15, 2016
During the time frame that I worked at Hallmark I learned a better way to interact with customers as well as my co-workers. Some of my duties were checking in inventory, rearranging merchandise to fit new items that would draw the interest of the customers. I also had the honor of both opening the store as well as closing it. My supervisor was wonderful to work with, she was approachable whenever someone had a question as well as understanding when a co-worker or myself had family issues that might have caused one of us to call in and contacting of another associate to cover that shift.
Pros
excellent employees, wonderful work environment
Cons
Store Closure
Everybody buys greeting cards
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Was a great learning experience. I was trained well and I acquired many of the sales skills I still use today. Hallmark is a top notch company which instills their perfection and high standards on their employees. I learned how to cold call on prospective customers and was held accountable for reaching company goals and quotas. The hardest part of the job was projecting seasonal sales and the best part was the relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
salary
Fast passed job with lots of walking
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 8, 2016
Lots of order processors all trying to work quickly and efficiently to ship their work while being in a confined space for that many people. Overtime is daily and even covers most weekends. Management makes sure you understand that you getting your work done is more important that the two 15 minute breaks you have. They do provide a half hour unpaid lunch though.
Pros
on site cafeteria, pays decent, healthcare benefits can be good if you chose the right one
Cons
no social life because you are always working overtime, if you are not fast enough or make too many errors there is no raise nor job movement
Working with the hallmark PAYROLL is a trip
RM merchandiser (Former Employee) –  monroe twp n.j 08831August 24, 2016
working under the hallmark name is getting to know the store manager and his like;s and dislike in setting up a display.it also is;notbad if you know what teamhe like.Itall come down to doing your job in a business matter.I always have a great working relationship with all my store manager .ATsometime in the past I was a manager and I know what pressure is put on them
Pros
you work alone as long as you know what you are doing
Cons
PAYROLL ;STARED WITH 5, STORES HAD 12, HOURS ADD ON 4, MORE STOPS, 14 HOURS IT TAKES MORE TIME TO PACKOUT THEN [ HALF HOUR] EACH STORE
Friendly atmosphere to buy birthday, wedding, or baby gifts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 22, 2016
I was responsible for helping customers as well as assisting the store manager with daily functions. Some of the functions include restocking, making invitations, ordering merchandise, and checking in new merchandise. Management was enjoyable to work with, because they were flexible with my school schedule. My co-workers and I worked very well together as we completed our daily tasks.
Pros
Flexible with schedule while still in school
Great place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2016
This is a great job if you need flexible hours. It is part-time at less than 20 hours per week, but extremely flexible when you have young children. Typical day is going to your store, putting out new inventory and making sure everything is stocked and tidy. Hardest part of the job is you have to be at your stores the day after every holiday to take down merchandise and set up the next holiday merchandise.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
have to work the day after every major holiday
Management of resources is terrible...
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 16, 2016
They have a lot favoritism and bigotry in the workplace. Employees have to fend for themselves although they lack certain aspects of training. They are not lenient in the slightest when it comes to the average worker. The corporate office makes so many mistakes that they had to have people work overtime for 6 months and a lot of employees left because of the work load.
benefits
Cons
Mostly a great place to work.
Order Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 25, 2016
I worked at Hallmark Cards for almost 26 years. I was encouraged to work in many departments so I have experience in many different aspects of warehouse work. It was a great place to work. I had expected to retire from there until they announced the closing of the Distribution center last July 2015. from then I worked another 9 months with my last work day of April 1 2016.
Pros
Good money. Great people
Cons
Place closed
I loved the job. Workload became unrealistic.
RETAIL FIELD MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2016
The job I loved from the start became a job that seemed to add more and more to the load every month. As I loved the job I often wondered if the ones that make the plans like resets ect. if they actually work in the field at all.
I will miss the job but not the overload.
You mostly work alone unless in a big store such as Walmart.
Loved my supervisor. The hardest part of the job is the time it takes to complete the work and the ever changing seasons means put up a holiday then take it down again and again. It can chip at you a bit over time.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
No benfits and the longer you stay the heavier the workload becomes.
Section manager II and enjoyed my job at Hallmark cards.
Distribution Section Manager II (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 12, 2016
Managed up to 60 associates to fill & ship orders. Order millions of season dollars daily to keep the Ordering Processors busy on the operations floor filling and shipping orders. Worked with Logistic planners on the arrival and ship dates of seasonal ornaments, party products and cards.

Utilized lean in the operations area to do elements audits, gemba walks, and worked with cost analysis tools for continuous improvement.

Lead safety meetings and helped employees stay engaged with safety with the building. Hallmark became a VPP site
Pros
Enjoyed working with the logistics folks and the people.
Cons
Large group of associates to manages, especially when reviews were due.
Once was a fun place to work and productive and did have a ping pong table
Safety Trainer & Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
For years we had one of the best work environments and I think most of us enjoyed going to work each day. Many managers were fair and good to work for. The workers atmosphere was like a family. Things have changed a bit since then but so has the overall work situation.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Changing work environment
Non stressful job
Retail Merchandiser Alternate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 5, 2016
Currently working for Hallmark and I love my job. Management, training,employee acknowledgement, and team building with co-workers is excellent. I also have a Supervisor who makes sure we are abreast of any pertaining changes, are well trained and work hours are evenly distributed when possible and who is a overall great
Boss.
Pros
Hallmark is a good company to work for.
Cons
No paid vacations.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Keyholder/Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 4, 2016
Part time worker so no benefits for us, but other than that it is a wonderful company to work for. They appreciate you and do right by you as long as you work hard. Selling hallmark product is fun and easy to do as it relates to me.
Pros
Great company with fair protocols.
Cons
No benefits for part time, no more assistant manager position.
Nice place of employment, Excellent employees to work with
Order processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 3, 2016
A typical day would consist of filling various orders for locations that sold Hallmark products. They are a very employee friendly company to work for and stressed safety in and out of the workplace and well as a strong code of ethics. Hallmark believes in an open door policy with their employees so we always felt comfortable going to management with any questions and concerns. Hardest part of the job I had at Hallmark was packing cartons in their season section of the distribution center. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to participating in special projects to improve our jobs, with ergonomics and safety.
Pros
reward program for going above and beyond what is expected of us.
Cons
changes in retirement benefits, insurance, and closing of Enfield Distribution
Hallmark
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
Hard retail, unrealistic merchandising expectations by upper management. Upper management is very hard on their store managers, during store visits the expectations are unrealistic. When a store does 100+ transactions a day at $13 average sale, your card aisle may have a few empty pockets, it happens. Listen to your store managers and support them.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
Upper management
Great atmosphere, but only a part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2016
I was very pleased to be given an opportunity to become a team member for Hallmark. The only problem that I encountered working for this company since February 2016, is the fact that it is only a part time job with 8 to 15 hours weekly, and this was not a suitable income to raise children when you are a single mother.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great job for moms!
Sales/Service/Install Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 31, 2016
This is really a great job. Good people MOSTLY. Its all about TEAMWORK. As an Install Merchandiser, we go in read the plan-o-grams, and basically DEMO the Hallmark section. Revise the layout & make it right. My longest install was 10 hours in one day, but the longest install at one store was 3 days long. But again for a mom who needs to supplement , as us mom usually NEED to; its great. They pay for drive time to & from places, mileage, and base pay @ $9.00 isn't really bad. The only downside FOR ME is you are not guaranteed hours. And im a single mom, so its just not enough. But I enjoy it, so there your sign!
A Challenging Place to Work
Sr. Retail Store Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2016
I spent over 20 years with Hallmark as a designer in their Store Design/Store Planning studios. Each day, Hallmark offered new and exciting challenges for a designer. Our design staff prided themselves on being on the forefront of the retail store design field. With access to professional visual merchandisers and graphic designers, our proposals were highly polished and often ready for market. Management gave us leeway to design to our standards, rarely forcing their views into our solutions. Due to the nature of the retail market, Hallmark is always looking to grow beyond their current standards, and challenged us to improve upon our designs with each new project. My co-workers were well trained, enthusiastic and real team players.
Pros
Have all the resources a designer needs
Cons
Core business is challenged in today's retail environment
Fun, Relaxing Working Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 7, 2016
The best part og my job is meeting the needs of the customers and making a Hallmark moment with them. Loved to see the inventory that would come in all the time, especially through the holidays. Christmas was the hardest time of the season but there was not anything I couldn't tackle and come out on top of. Would do it all over again!
Pros
Perfect Hours, Wonderful Employees
Cons
No benefits
The co-workers were the best part of the job
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
Hallmark had very good benefits and the pay was very comparable to surrounding businesses. The people were great to work with.
The job was stressful to maintain your production average, exhausting walking up to 8 miles a day.
Pros
Healthcare, People
Cons
Pressure to perform your job, alot of walking