Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Great job for moms!
Sales/Service/Install Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 31, 2016
This is really a great job. Good people MOSTLY. Its all about TEAMWORK. As an Install Merchandiser, we go in read the plan-o-grams, and basically DEMO the Hallmark section. Revise the layout & make it right. My longest install was 10 hours in one day, but the longest install at one store was 3 days long. But again for a mom who needs to supplement , as us mom usually NEED to; its great. They pay for drive time to & from places, mileage, and base pay @ $9.00 isn't really bad. The only downside FOR ME is you are not guaranteed hours. And im a single mom, so its just not enough. But I enjoy it, so there your sign!
Immediate supervisor was a problem!!!
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 27, 2016
Liked most parts of the job, but the supervisor was a drama queen. Hired during the peak holiday season and had no real training. Once all the holidays were over, they cut your hours and then complained that you did not do enough. Supervisor was always creating some type of drama. All of the people she supervised quit and she ended up doing their day to day job. I never had a problem working anywhere prior to this supervisor. I hope Hallmark begins to realize that maybe the SUPERVISOR is the problem in this area and not the workers. The computer scanner they gave you to do the job just did not work. Very physical job. Lots of building of displays for holidays.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Supervisor was a drama queen.
Fun, Relaxing Working Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 7, 2016
The best part og my job is meeting the needs of the customers and making a Hallmark moment with them. Loved to see the inventory that would come in all the time, especially through the holidays. Christmas was the hardest time of the season but there was not anything I couldn't tackle and come out on top of. Would do it all over again!
Pros
Perfect Hours, Wonderful Employees
Cons
No benefits
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 24, 2016
This job was pretty standard as far as sales/cashier jobs go. However, you needed to know lots of product placement and back-stock available on lots of items. We sold a lot more than cards, so setting up items for display was sometimes a hassle, especially when making sure the customer was taken care of first. Overall though, this was my first job, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good start to their job life.
Employee friendly and helpful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 25, 2016
I learned quite a bit through this job. I maintained the merchandise and stocked it on the sales floor. I received merchandise and scanned out the outdated merchandise and returned it the Hallmark. I assisted customers in finding what they needed as well as made suggestions to them. I went to several different stores as I was needed.
Pros
Flexible hours and friendly workplace
Cons
Free to work by myself. Very reproductive.
Hallmark representive (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in to boxes of cards and products. Stocking cards and making displays.
Working with store managers on where they would want displays.
Didn't have co-workers everyday, only on revision days working together taking down everything and installing new equipment and cards.
The best part of this job is working your own hours.
The worst part is no healthcare.
Pros
working your own hours
Cons
No healthcare.
Productive and Fun workplace
Installation Supervisor, Installation Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2016
Routine maintenance of the greeting card department in the stores you are assigned, organizing product and displays.

Moving card departments, building fixtures and also merchandising product. Hours vary based on installation activities with the possibility that some weeks will not have any installations scheduled. Work a flexible schedule, including possibly the day before and after major holidays, including weekends

Physical requirements included:

* Able to frequently stand for a prolonged period of time
* Able to regularly bend, squat, kneel, and reach overhead
* Able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Pros
Work a flexible schedule
Cons
Work hours will vary depending on Installation activities
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livingston, ; Cleveland, ColdspringApril 7, 2016
As retail merchandiser, have an opportunity for varying hours which makes it easy to do some errands as needed. Had wonderful supervisors who never failed to give help if needed on technical communication issues or other information I had questions about; they were trained well and I received adequate training, The retail stores I worked in appreciated my dedication and hard work. The hardest part of the job was when I had to lift too many larger boxes too close together in larger stores. The most rewarding part of job was feeling appreciated if or when went above and beyond the call of duty so to speak. When I needed technical support, with communication devices, it was forthcoming.
Pros
Appreciation of my hard work and a good work environment
Cons
Pay raise was long in coming ; drive too far for amt money
Hallmark Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver area, ColoradoMarch 9, 2016
I liked being a retail merchandiser, but out of the blue, the company started requiring RMs to become installation workers. This meant tearing down shelving and all displays and rebuilding them from scratch. It was dirty and gross and not what I signed up for. I hated the fact that they used to use installation teams and then switched to RMs doing the work.
Pros
$5 ornament at Christmastime as gift - whoo hoo!
Cons
Standing for hours on end, working holidays
Structured store designing for Hallmark cards
PART TIME RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 10, 2016
Hours are long standing on your feet, always redesigning the location for cards within a store.

Learning the layouts was fun, and changed for every season, and included some long hours.

The hardest part of the job was the extremely heavy boxes that the cards were shipped in to the stores.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Heavy boxes
Great for a contractor
PRODUCTION DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 8, 2016
As a contractor, the hours are flexible and pay is good. Things are very easy and go-with-the-flow, which has created a great environment for creativity. The building is somewhat old and no windows which is hard--the office environment isn't really my thing but if you can get over that, it's great! There is no working from home so I could not stay here long term because I am an introvert and find the office environment exhausting.
A place to grow
Sales Associate II (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJMarch 3, 2016
During my time at Hallmark, I learned a lot about myself. There were certain jobs I didn't think I would enjoy doing but it turns out I found new favorite things to do. I have definitely grown to be a better woman because of the opportunity I had as being an Assistant Manager for a little over 9 years. Hallmark Cards INC sadly decided to cut all Assistant Manager positions. I had a choice, to leave or to stay, I chose to stay as a Sales Associate II. I am a key holder but with out full management capabilities. Hallmark is a great company to work for. I gave 4 stars because no company is perfect but they truly are compassionate.
Safe and positive work place
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMarch 13, 2016
On hands training, clear and concise assignments. Limited supervision. Abel to approach co-workers for help, ask questions, and advice. Hardest part of job, trying to make rate with machine malfunctions. Enjoyable, making rate, producing quality items. The comradery, and the dinners for job's well done.
Pros
Excellient bennfits
Cons
A lot of overtime at times during the peak of the season.
Order Processor
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 21, 2016
The only order processor jobs now for Hallmark are out in Liberty, MO. Others have described the position well, so I won't repeat it here. Compared to similar jobs with other companies, I think one would be hard pressed to do better than Hallmark.
Pros
Great co-workers, cool products, work/life balance, holidays/paid time off
Cons
Busy season leads to lots of OT. Frozen pay rate for past 4 years.
3rd generation privately held company with a great history
Distribution Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 1, 2016
Hallmark has a proud history of helping people to express their emotions through greeting cards and a wide variety of other social expression product. The many benefits of today's digital world creates huge challenges for some very good, well established companies. There is still a market for Hallmark product and the company is working hard to secure its future. Some facilities have been consolidated and other workflows have been streamlined with the unfortunate, but necessary, reduction in jobs. The thousands of people remaining will undoubtedly support each other in the friendly and innovative culture that I was fortunate enough to have been associated with for my entire career. A truly great place to learn, grow and contribute to the company's many successes!
Decent Pay
Order Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield Distribution CenterJune 28, 2016
Handsomely compensated for the wear and tear my body took. Hard work. Could have used more management consistency. If you did a good job you were left alone. Good safety education. Lots of opportunities to get involved with extra curricular activities.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
More consistent management.
retail management, fun and rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2016
I learned all of my management skills here. I worked with all different age groups. Part and full time employees. I learned to handle complaints and compliments. I learned how to make people loyal to your store. I loved the merchandise, getting new things was like Christmas everyday.
its an OK job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 14, 2016
Walmarts are terrible to work in to many boxes and material.
Just pay attention to details. Don't go over your hours or they will watch on everything.
Pros
great flexibility with another part time job
Cons
trying to figure out the Plan o gram, heavy boxes, no benefits, high turnover, so if someone quits your bown your own
Supervisor demands you respect her
RM (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 25, 2016
She was demeaning and condescending in how she spoke and treated you but verbally yelled at you that she is the supervisor and you will respect her. This occurred in Ocala Florida I ended up quitting after 3 days.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervisors, demeaning, condescending and backstabbers.
The most work you will ever do
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 17, 2016
Not enough payroll. Example 2 people on to sell, make connections, organize and place out new cards based on a numerical system, process up to 50 boxes with fragile items inside. Pushing more cardboard boxes then you ever wished for.
Pros
discount
Cons
salary, you are never done working