Hallmark Employee Reviews

Fast paced work
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 6, 2016
I come into work and clock in. I then go and grab an order to start. I then go and start packed boxes for my order. Orders vary on how long they take. This is a very fast paced job which I am very good at.
Horrible Management
ORDER PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 6, 2016
Easy work, Great benefits, unrealistic goals from management, Horrible management, uses authority to disrespect employees, uses authority to displace employees over unnecessary reasons.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
horrible managment
Very fun filled enviroment to work in
Assistant Manager- Ran Register (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 5, 2016
stocked store with new items, Helped customers, Set up store Displays, made bank deposits, trained new employees, did inventory of entire store, helped move stock to the new store.
Ok job if all overtime was voluntary!
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 4, 2016
Have been working mandatory ot including weekends since the end of August! You have to do it, make it up, or get fired. Isnt so bad when only 8 hours are required of you. Body feels exhausted every weekend sometime too tired to work and calling in because of all the ot. Would never miss work if i was only working 8 hours or ot was voluntary. Or ot didnt last months at a time.
Pros
Good pay, flex schedules
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, cafe serves same food constantly, accountable for calling in on chargeable ot days, could be fired for not doing mandatory ot
Wonderful place to work. Cheery. Positive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 4, 2016
Whenever I went into the store just to shop, the atmosphere was always so fun and positive, So when it came time to apply, I was so excited. I wasn't nervous. There is still so much to learn. The manager is always so upbeat. She makes time to train and learn about us and still smiles and compliments. She is a harsh taskmaster but that's what a good manager does.I love learning all of it. All of my co-workers are fabulous!
Pros
We are there for each other either personally or on the job.
Cons
So many things to learn in such a short time.
good part time job
Retail/Installation Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Fast paced, low pay, no benefits. Had to use my own vehicle which put many miles on it. Had to replace tires. There was no car allowance offered. Flexible hours.
Pros
seasonal previews
Cons
no healthcare
Work alone.
Field Operator/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MONovember 29, 2016
Organize shelves and gift bags, order new product, get the product from the back room. Work by yourself with keeping the ale clean and straightened and stocked with merchandise.
Management unprofessional and lacking experience.
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 19, 2016
Would not suggest. The management is unprofessional and only concerned about money. They are not concerned about the employees who actually make the business.
Pros
Cons
Will not be compensated fairly based on management expectations
Providing excellent products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 19, 2016
My favorite thing about my job was meeting new people and helping them find the correct gift.The hours were unreliable.I was always there alone which was lonely.
Pros
Lunch free
Not a career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 18, 2016
I like the people that I work with but the company itself isn't the best. The only people that are allowed full time are managers. You meet some nice customers, but you always have at least one really rude one. My patience level has definitely improved.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits
Not the best
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  St Clair , PANovember 13, 2016
I worked for Hallmark for a year. Traveling is ok because it is reimbursed, but as a helper learning everyone's likes and dislikes at each store isn't fun. What you think is good at one store isn't good at another even tough it is the same setup and merchandise. Training is really not good. You are left alone with freight todogure out on your own where it goes. Not willing to work with you if (and u will) have a second job. Favoritism, ignorant workers, miserable management are my negatives. Customers , holiday spirit , and self motivation with no one to bother you or talk the and waste the day away are my positives. This is a job for someone who may not need steady income, like a housewife. Just Remember management does not care about you. They care about what you can do to get them a bonus. (Which you will get any of) πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Pros
Bad management. Cocky workers Training lasted 1-2 times
Cons
Customers are sweet, products are nice, can work at a good pace alone.
Productive and enjoyable position
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCNovember 10, 2016
Typical day at work was scanning in, facing and re-arranging cards that were out of place, getting inventory and putting out any new products. I designed and organized end-caps as needed. I had coworkers only during busy times or holidays. The hardest part of the job was when store employees would misplace or scatter inventory in the stock room. The most enjoyable part was the designing the end caps and planograms for holidays.
Pros
Overall Enjoyed my position
Cons
store employees not cooperating and also no benefits
Great part time job.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2016
Hallmark is a fun place to work.
Everyone is willing to help.
Everyone is very friendly.
You manage your own time.
You monitor yourself most of the time.
No room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PANovember 8, 2016
Doesn't pay well or no benefits. The work life balance was good and job culture was fun. Also liked working with employees
Hallmark is a good company to work for.
Senior Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2016
I started at Hallmark as a Credit Rep II, and end as a Senior Credit Representative.

Hallmark is a well known company which provides growth for people in certain areas (ie...creative writing, digital, analysts).

However, since sales are down, Hallmark is now taking a drop in growth by eliminating a minimal amount of head count.
Pros
A good company to work for.
Cons
Product is not keeping up with the times.
Good company with few downsides
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 30, 2016
The company itself is great but they do not filter their employees well and I worked on an installation crew which consists of literally building the framework and most of the employees were not physically able to perform the tasks, making it harder on those of us that were able. The main task is to place cards in the appropriate slots and the employees are more like retired ladies, who are looking for a side job, working maybe 10 hours a week.
Pros
Mileage and drive time paid, overtime allowed
Cons
Hard to voice issues to Corporate with such a huge corporation.
Team Oriented Evironment Deminished!
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 28, 2016
I have been an employee with Hallmark for almost 5 months now, and when I started working at the store the atmosphere was great, but since the arrival of a new manger, the atmosphere has greatly decreased. It has gotten to the point that not only have seasoned employees who were there during the time I started have since resigned, but loyal customers have began to refrain patronizing the location. The energy has left, and has made employees very fearful to work in an effective manner. The good thing about the job is when it's time to clock out and leave.
Pros
Empolyee discount of 40% off
Cons
No career advancement opportunities
bent over for hours
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 26, 2016
You must be bent over sorting cards for hours and at their speed. Back breaking and go faster, go faster. Certainly want there $10.00 hr worth using my car. Lifting huge boxes in back end of stores ,dragging those boxes out, then bend over sort, faster...really just a stocker
Cons
only allowed short period of time to stock
Mismanagement
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 25, 2016
Essentially the problems at this facility are due to a lack of general understanding from the management. The poor residents often have trips cancelled last minute due to double-booking appointments. It is a shame they do not focus on their residents needs more. Additionally there is a lot of cross contamination between departments. If they just allowed each department to handle their own responsibilities rather than ask other departments to, everything would run much smoother in my opinion.
Pros
ITS A JOB
Cons
UNDER PAYED, UNDER STAFFED, UNDER APPRECIATED & OVERWORKED
Hallmark.....Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLOctober 22, 2016
Displayed all new cards and products that needs to be filled. Reorganized new seasonal products, Lifted boxes from storage bin to Hallmark displays. Worked part time. Throughout many products that were discontinued. Worked in other stores that the manager needed help in.... No Health Benefits.

Had spies watching me on my job....Got accused of not working 1 day when I actually signed in...
Pros
Enjoyed seeing new merchendise
Cons
Over worked and under paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.