Hallmark Employee Reviews

Loved working with customers on their needs
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 17, 2017
I loved working with customers at Hallmark. Most everyone who enters a Hallmark store is looking for something happy. It was an opportunity for me to interact with people and come up with "outside the box" gifts for their occasions.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor Management
Great for extra income.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
Retail Merchandisers service the Hallmark departments in various grocery, drug, and other retail locations. Somewhat flexible hours. Always plenty to do. Much more work to do setting up holiday cards and changing out seasons.
Pros
Varied work and some flexibility in hours.
Cons
Feast or Famine on hours.
loved it
Shift-Leader (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAOctober 14, 2017
great people, loved the customer. all the different merchandise they had was to be cared for in different ways, all customers had different needs that we had to make sure met.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
Good benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 12, 2017
Good fair and honest company with plenty of benefits and good pay. All possible insurances for health. Pays for college. Not a lot of advancements possible thou.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No career advancement
Great independent work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTOctober 12, 2017
I loved being a Hallmark Merchandiser.
Unfortunately I was too slow to be able to keep up with the max hours allowed at each site.
Management was honest and fair.
I loved being able to work alone and still interact with customers.
Pros
Work Alone, Self Managed
Cons
Tight Hours
Relaxed work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 12, 2017
The work atmosphere was highly relaxed. I worked 3 jobs at the time I was here during the winter holidays. Management was highly accommodating during this time.
Slow and boring
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 11, 2017
slow paced dragged on not a hard job lots of restocking and cleaning, also had a boutique with many popular brands that was a better working environment
sucks
Sales Associate (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 11, 2017
Don't work here. it's okay if your young and have NO options. cards are hard to sort but besides that it's pretty easy job. you get discounts on cards and ornaments. they're fun to play with
Pros
sometimes company lunch
Cons
no benefits no raises
It is good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 10, 2017
Like working there, fast paced invirment , great management , will always keep you on your toes, hallmark is a great place to work if you are looking for. Part time job
Pros
Getting to see customers
Cons
Not getting paid enough
Hallmark
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 8, 2017
Hallmark cards was a good place to work, until they closed the Topeka plant. Seasonal overtime, able to bid on higher paying jobs...based on seniority only, not qualifications.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Probably will start working an off shift
Great part time job for a little pocket money.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 8, 2017
A decent PT job that must be treated as a PT job. You are given a couple hours to complete quite a bit of work. Your told to prioritize the duties and accomplish what you can within the allotted time. So if you don't mind leaving your area 20-40% trashed. . . . The hardest part of the job would be dealing with supervisors that have little to no supervisor skills. Thankfully there aren't many of those.
Pros
Your pretty much on your own.
I worked at hallmark cards for 35 years
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 7, 2017
working for hallmark had it busy moments when it was the busy season closing in on the holidays, I myself worked in shipping therefore I was responsible for making sure the product went out the door for delivery.
it an pleasant place to work there for student job experience.
Installer- La Cresenta, California (Former Employee) –  La Crescenta-Montrose, CAOctober 6, 2017
It is an indoor work at the store. I had learned how to work with more people with the crew. The management was excellent. The people misconcept and misunderstood me sometimes. There was no hardest part about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with people and see people at all times.
Pros
Free lunches most of the time.
Cons
short breaks
Decent job filler.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 5, 2017
The store has a lot of expensive items so the customers you get will usually be old and maybe richer. They're open on the weekends so sometimes you have to work it. I worked with a lot of greetings cards, tree ornaments and other stuff. If you can't handle large crowds during the big events, which happens several times a year, and having a manager make you bother visibly agitated customers, reconsider that application. It could've been a great job but I didn't have a lot of hours and the manager wasn't very professional or intelligent.
Pros
Employee discount, nice customers
Cons
Management, a lot of black out dates you can't request off, favoritism.
I have kept track of hours worked per week since I started. Each time I get a raise hours are cut. So you're actually making less than you were befor
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2017
Don't get stressed out over the job. They don't pay you enough. Instead of giving you more hours to get the job done, they give the time to your supervisor which makes no sense since it cost more for them to do the work.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits.
Stressful and busy
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAOctober 4, 2017
Was fun at first and then management got too involved with my work. THey expect perfection and that's impossible to do in my opinion. Expect to travel A LOT. No wear and tear is given on you vehicle.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Managers at stores are rediculous, poor explanation of what to do
Working for Liberty Hallmark
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2017
I started Hallmark with much excitement! I was so thrilled to be working for such a great name as Hallmark. I wasn't treated as equal in my 7 years at Hallmark. I wouldn't go back if I was asked.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Don't use the Benefits or you will be fired.
Loud over crowded
Retail Order Processor and Zone Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 2, 2017
Fast go go go place works on a point system that is out of date and almost impossible to keep up with. Also management likes to make promises they cant keep and expect you to put this job above everything in your life so if you have kids family or friends its not really the best but they so have a good schooling program tho most drop out from exhaustion.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Too meany people points were unrealistic
Poor management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 1, 2017
This job is easy but the management makes this job a nightmare. there is no communication and the manager didn't have any clue about what to do. Basically I learned everything by myself by ready their work book. The most frustrating was the fact that Hallmark was contently sending too much merchandising to the stores. So the stores managers and director was mad at me. I kept reporting to my manager about this issue but nothing has been done. This job stressed me a lot.
Great job, unless you have mean manager.
Retail Merchandiser/ Vendor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2017
I enjoy working for Hallmark.

They only hire within your zip code.

Easy work, a tad bit harder 1st year especially during big holiday months.

You work alone, and have random bi-weekly to monthly visits in your store with your supervisor.

A lot of "elderly" employees.

Depending on your supervisor, he/she can make your job wonderful or dreadful.
Pros
Work alone, work life balance, don't have to work after 4pm if you don't want to, understanding of medical issues or doctors appointments.
Cons
Manager personalities, talk down to you if you have a mean manager, make you feel unintelligent, keep adding more locations to my route.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.