Hallmark Employee Reviews

Enjoyed this job!
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of this job, however I needed more hours! It worked well for me and truly wanted to stay, I needed guaranteed hours which they were not able to provide
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wanted more hours!
I enjoy working in gifting which is what hallmark is kniw for except for cards.
Sales lead (Current Employee) –  West farms mallSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy working at hallmark. I like gifting there is alwats something new. The atmosphere is professional and pleasant. Always come out with new items.
Pros
Gifting is great because there is such a variety of items. The company comes out with new gagets.
Cons
I no not gave insurance through them.
busy
Order processor/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 27, 2017
very busy environment , there is a lot of walking involved as you fill various types of customer orders. throughout the years I learned how to use various warehouse equipment.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace made the day go by quickly.
Carton Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed the job. It was my own fault for not continuing to work there. I was young and in the early stages of my pregnancy. I got sick a lot in the beginning of my pregnancy. If I could I would still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed and fast paced.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for Hallmark Cards. They offered a large variety of career paths depending on what your interests are. I met life long friends while working there as well. Hallmark's culture is top notch.
It’s ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 26, 2017
It’s fine for a first job or a collage job. Sometimes there’s too much drama. It really can be a great place to work. But like I said, first job or collage or maybe you’re retired :) then it’s perfect!! Just don’t expect to make enough to live off of
I loved the job, but...
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I really loved the job, but my Retail Assistant was not helpful. No support of job when needed. Was asked to help out in other stores in between hires. R. Assistant very slow to hire new help which made for very long days/hours. Constantly told I worked too long at an account and needed to watch my hours. Budgeted hours were never enough to do the job that needed to be done.
Pros
Pride in job well done.
Cons
Was punished for job well done.
productive fast pace fun
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 26, 2017
productive fast pace fun place to work . many Benefits and room to move to new jobs and move up . learn to work with alot of different people . Learn from many different managers
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
some mandatory overtime
Great place
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 25, 2017
Very flexable with hours and scheduling conflicts. They take pride in customer service. The only thing that bothered me is that the black workers got treated differently than white ones.
Solid Company
Sr. Customer Development Manager, Walmart (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 25, 2017
One of the more pleasurable companies to work for! Hallmark treats their employees outstanding!!

Limited on roles for advancement but if you're in the right place, you'll be extremely satisfied.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Career Advancement
Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I was a merchandiser. I did not work in a specific retail store, I worked at Walmart in their card department. The rate was a little over minimum wage and no raises.
Pros
received discontinued merchandise
Cons
low pay
Nice place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 21, 2017
Good place to work friendly people good environment, decent pay, consistent customers. Lots to learn. Plenty of people to learn from and ask for help when needed.
It is a good company to work for. Management is great and really works with you when needed.
Part-Time Retain Merchant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2017
a typical day involves checking in boxes of cards shipped to stores. you sort them and place in appropriate location. customer service and organization is key. you want what you performed for that day to look good. the most enjoyable part of the job is the hours are flexible and you can pretty much set your own time, as long as the job get done and it is retail ready.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the finished product when you organize the department and it looks great to you and the customer.

the customers often comment on how clean and organized the department looks, and that gives me a sense of prided in my work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
great job opportunity
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed the work and the coworkers. If not for expanding the territory and changing my locations I would have continued working for them. They did not want to give any more hours, just more locations, which gave less time at each location.
Artsy workplace for those who like to work with people
Department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2017
Shifts usually consisted of product stocking and inventory, cash tallies, working with customers, changing store theme, store cleaning and maintenance and on-boarding of new team members. Workplace culture was fairly laid back and quiet.
Pros
Free product after holidays
A great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 20, 2017
I worked at Hallmark as a part-time sales associate for five years while I was a full-time college student and for a short while after I graduated. While Hallmark is still a typical retailer with the same general requirements, I still enjoyed working there better than any other retail job I've had. My supervisors were always willing to work with my school schedule as well as any time off requests I had. As a part-time position, I did not receive any benefits or paid time off. The job was fast-paced and very busy during the holiday season, but the rest of the year generally was a steady pace and not stressful.
Used to be great
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Hallmark used to be where everyone wanted to work. Back when I started, getting an interview and being hired by Hallmark really meant something. Now they are just another big company with OK benefits and a very negative corporate culture.
Pros
Great place to work back in the 80's and 90's
Cons
Now a very negative corporate culture
Enjoyable workplace with very flexible hours for the retail merchandiser position
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Very flexible schedule! Job was fun! Enjoyed working on my own and keeping department neat and full! Enjoyed keeping back stock organized so it was easy to pull to fill sales floor! Enjoyed changing the seasons throughout the year! Working with the different people at each of my locations was very enjoyable!
Pros
Flexible position
Cons
For the retail merchandiser I find no cons
Manager I had was great... but then they fired her
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
There wouldn't promote me because I wouldn't follow their script. I kept that store running along with the store manager but since we weren't making enough money they fired her. They brought the new manager in and I quit within two weeks. That store closed one month later.
Hallmark supervisor
Territory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 17, 2017
They expect you to work full time with zero benefits because you are labeled "part time". Training is a joke
The pay is horrible. Large company should compensate their hard working employees to want to stay . You may or may not get directions on what you are doing in the field. Turnover is so high because training is bad and pay is way too low. No one can support themselves on Hallmark pay
Pros
Flexible hours sometimes
Cons
Horrible pay, no benefits at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.