Hallmark Employee Reviews

Not what it was
Editorial Director and Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2015
Hallmark has been struggling for a number of years. The creative staff is constantly asked to deliver against poorly planned strategies from management. When these programs fail, creative is usually let go while the management is promoted. Makes no sense.
Good job with a adjustable schedule
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Greenville, AlDecember 5, 2015
I love this job. the only bad thing about it is the pay. I'll go from working 3 days one week and 1 day the next and only have between 8-15 hours. its enough to get by barely.
Good family oriented company
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSDecember 3, 2015
I would recommend this job to anyone, they are a good family oriented company to work for. They really care for their employees.
Love the people
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, ALDecember 2, 2015
part time job working with different stores and management making sure product is set up / The work is hard and love the people I work with.
Enjoy Doing the Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 25, 2015
Especially enjoy setting up for upcoming holidays as it is exciting. Really enjoy the work. Like working with my co-workers when we are doing overall set-ups. My supervisor is very knowledgeable and helpful. Key down side is that you are given such low available hours per outlet, that I am not able to keep it up at the standard I would really like to create, and you are allowed very few hours overall, so you cannot really pay bills with it, but only have a bit of extra spending money. This makes it necessary to have other full time work to support yourself, rather than be able to make this your career.
Pros
It is fun and creative and a good team to work with
Cons
The small amount of working hours you are allowed to have
Great people and product
Production Art Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 23, 2015
I loved working here. I had a strong sense of mission about what I was doing and what it meant to our consumers. The people I worked with were supportive and caring and skilled.
Pros
Kansas City is up and coming. it's afforadable with neat pockets of culture, food, and fun.
Cons
Hallmark must keep reinventing itself and find ways to be relevant.
Hallmark, a fun, innovative place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 23, 2015
This company in general is a hardwork, fun, and inspires creativity. I enjoyed working there so much, even when it had it's rough points. The manager that hired me was absolutely wonderful! I would be happy going back there if I could work there full time as a secretary.
Pros
friendly, creative, fun(also hardworking)
Cons
as a part-time worker, hours can be stressful
Restock shelves with company's products
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Flexible with hours. Easy to understand job details. Great co-workers. Wonderful products.
cultural
Director (Former Employee) –  4718 Hallmark driveNovember 17, 2015
nice to work for, the team of managers work well with all staff and they seem to have a good foundation of leaders for the company. enjoyed working there with staff and the customers.
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2015
Not the best experience working with this company. The new auditing, tracking, time and administrative system recently incorporated has had quite a few technical issues which has made the job difficult to manage.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Met interesting people daily
Manager (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 16, 2015
Job was okay, pay is extremely low for the amount of work you have to do. Stressful, you have to meet company guidelines, state guidelines and satisfy rural development also. Not enough hours in the day. On call 24/7 for tenant needs. Manager and other employees were great, company itself just expects too much for what they are willing to give.
Pros
Other employees, tenants, vendors.
Cons
Low pay, huge amount of work, on call 24/7.
Backstabbing IT personnel to save job, lack of MGMT support, diminished workforce
Technology & Business Enablement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2015
Typical day: Increased workload and high expectations for excellence creates increased stress on diminished staff leading to burnout with the only remedy is to consider leaving. Virtually zero support from management.

I learned to think like the business and constantly manage expectations in every phase of the work.

Co-workers are generally nice, but some are back-stabbing, writing negative feedback and you don't get a chance to provide your side of story, thereby sticking such negative information on your employee history, which have the power to derail your career as the feedback place a heavy burden on your ability to move up on the career ladder.

Hardest part was having increased workload and managing the stress of performing up to unreasonably high expectations, with no support from management to mitigate the risks associated with increased workload. Management did not want to spend money on staff as staff level continued to decrease while workload remained constant.
Pros
Still thinking
Cons
Diminished IT workforce, high expectations, low morale
high paced and intense job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXNovember 9, 2015
The job was very busy. Every Holiday and i mean every holiday the card companies can come up with the card counters were changing. Very physically demanding, long hours standing, stooping and lifting.
Customers were a joy to talk to and help. The employees at the stores were for the most part friendly. However, management is some stores were on at all helpful even though Hallmark had a contract with them to put out certain products in certain areas. Some times it was nearly impossible but I got it out on the floor.
Pros
Customers
Cons
took away paid vacation and full time benefits
get place to work
Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2015
every day was always different learned how to work eye an hand coronation management knew every about the job co-workers team workers a lot of over time
Pros
long lunch
Cons
hard on arm mussles
physicallydemanding
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed Hallmark but they were such a number cruncher that time off was not really an option. A lot was expected but the pay offset it. Very fast paced environment
Flexible Scheduling, enjoyable work atmosphere
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LANovember 4, 2015
Excellent part time job with flexibility although there is a great deal of work to be done within a limited time frame. Store associates a pleasure to deal with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short amount of time to get work done
management
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 3, 2015
great place to work at. management are great at attending any problems you have or question you have. try to update on current situations on monthly basis. only downfall is shutting the company in enfield down and moving back to kansas city.
Pros
great benefits, willing to work with your schedules, pay is not bad.
Cons
if you cant walk for 8 or more hours a day this job is not for you
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 31, 2015
This was a fun place to work, but all about the numbers and sales. No room to grow . Best part of this job was getting to work with different customer's every day and my fellow co workers
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
minimum wage pay, no room to grow
Love This Job!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2015
I have no serious complaints about this company, I enjoy my job, very solitary work. As long as you do your job you will hardly ever see your manager, you can make your own schedule as long as your stores are done from one sunday to the next... your can go as early or late as your like (within the store hours of course).

My manager is great! Love her to pieces, very relaxed and will work with your situation if things should come up. No complaints

Only think that is a draw back is there is no real benefits, not much opportunity for advancement, aside from installation leader and, regional manager. I also wish they would have more of a screening process for installation management, because installations and resets can be a bit stressful so you have to have the right attitude for the job. Some Installation managers can be unskilled, bad attitude and very unorganized, the complete opposite they should be, but the good part is you dont have to deal with them all the time. only about once a month.

Typical day is you go to your store, straighten all flex/seasonal cards and gift bags/wrap, etc. Go to the back of the store to your designated area for Hallmark take your boxes to the floor, sort your cards from A-however high your letters go lol.... then put the cards in the right spots while straightening existing cards. Separate paper and plastic wrappers if the store requires, clean up your area, throw away your boxes, scan out and thats it! lol Again i love my job, you have a sense of accomplishment when its all done and your area is clean...So if you like this type of woke
  more... Hallmark maybe for you!  less
Pros
Very flexible schedule, solitary work, paid milage store to store (and after 15 miles), paid travel time (after 30 mins of travel), great regional manager, relaxed environment
Cons
Not much oportunity for advacement, little hours after the holidays, Unskilled Installation Management
Positive an ubeat work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 29, 2015
Working to the best of my ability. willing to learn what is taught to me. Managing my time wisely as I learn new tecniques. respect my fellow employess, just as I would want to be treated as well. If their is a lot of demand or responsibility on my part, learn how to deal with certain situations that may arise. An the rewarding part would be knowing that you gave it your best.