Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Supervisor demands you respect her
RM (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 25, 2016
She was demeaning and condescending in how she spoke and treated you but verbally yelled at you that she is the supervisor and you will respect her. This occurred in Ocala Florida I ended up quitting after 3 days.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervisors, demeaning, condescending and backstabbers.
very well organized
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 25, 2016
This company is very well organized and well put together. It is dedicated to its customers and employees. It is a great company to work for.
Terrible company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2016
Horrible management, racist supervisor. Lots of lifting of heavy boxes , long hours on your feet , no raise in pay, overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No support from supervisor
Good job
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 23, 2016
Nice easy company to work for. They care about their employes, Easy work, stocking cards just started so need to work there more. you work alone own boss
No way to advance
Lead RM (Former Employee) –  Peru,IlMay 22, 2016
I don't have much else to say,other than I worked for them for 16 years,was the cleanest store in the area,no incentive to do better.when I started we got paid vacations,then they got rid of those,we only got a quarter raise in July,no more sometimes less or none at all.New people usually got hired in close to what I was making after years.I never called in sick,did all I was supposed to do.wm management sucks,they treat us as scum,always have an excuses why they can't give you the space you are supposed to get.cant enjoy holidays anymore as Hallmark expects you to work every day before and after. Customers are. So rude.Rarely able to take breaks,Then there was the big job incentive,so we could get more hours,what a joke,they offered you a store,if you didn't take it you were just out of a job,plus you were to share half the not enough hours with a newbie.always had to fight for bin space with WM. Caused me so much grief I had a stroke at work,was forced to quit.
Pros
Cons
No extra anything.
The most work you will ever do
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 17, 2016
Not enough payroll. Example 2 people on to sell, make connections, organize and place out new cards based on a numerical system, process up to 50 boxes with fragile items inside. Pushing more cardboard boxes then you ever wished for.
Pros
discount
Cons
salary, you are never done working
Good While It Lasted
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 14, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work for. But, with the closing of a distribution center, my position was eliminated and I am now on the hunt for a new position
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 13, 2016
Really great company to work for that cares about the people that work their. Great benefits and great management. great work life balance.
Pros
the job culture
Cons
boring during non holiday seasons
Not what you expect.Very little pay for work expectations.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wal-martMay 11, 2016
I liked the job in itself. But the workload and expectations are unrealistic with the short hours you assigned. Overwhelming work loads,heavy boxes. More then 30lbs or 50lbs. Lots of stopping, lifting heavy boxes, kneeling. When I got hired we did not have to do installations. There using the Rm's to do installations and don't have to pay them a penny more. That was not in my job description when I got hire and I don't think I should have to do installations for the same pay. I had very little to no training from my supervisor. My co -worker pretty much train me fully. I don't think that is her job.That is a supervisors job to train. Management in the Store where I worked has no respect for Vendors and treats them very nasty. There don't fulfil there contract with Hallmark and only give you the space there want to give you. The managers don't give you no storage or very little for the Overstock and extra Boxes what so ever.
Pros
Flexiable Hours of sorts.
Cons
Overwhelming Work load for a busy, busy Store. Expectations are to unreal.
Great product, has the potential to be a much better job
RMA (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 8, 2016
A typical work day consists of going into the store, checking in with store staff, then checking your aisles, outposts to make sure things look all right and straighten any major messes. You go to the back to check in your shipments that came in, sort it and get it placed in it's proper place on the floor. Straighten aisles, outposts. Track your commute time and work time on your handheld computer.

I learned to conduct all my work on a handheld computer. We use the handheld to report our time, look up product on hand, and other tasks and this is great. We have minimal paperwork which is a huge convenience and time saver.

My co-workers are excellent, dedicated hard workers.

Unprofessional, very moody territory supervisor, loudly lecturing at you or co-workers in front of customers, co-workers. Mixed communication leading to constant confusion. This is the worst and makes the job miserable. Retail merchandisers are now expected to work as fill-in, additional support installation merchandisers and this is very hard, grueling work on top of your other work at and the pay is not enough for this at all.

The hardest part of the job is a terrible supervisor, making everyone crabby and terrible working environment needlessly, difficulty working with store management sometimes, low pay for the hard work expected and within a limited amount of time. Seasonal meaning your expected to work hard, long hours during holidays and the rest of time time you hardly get any hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is if your a physically active and self-motivated individual, you
  more... can do most of your work on your own and time flies and by the time your finished your aisle looks like a million dollars and you have a great sense of accomplishment. It feels good to make things look great and generate increased sales.  less
Pros
Working on your own, sense of accomplishment
Cons
Terribly unprofessional supervisor, low pay, hours becoming more inflexible
Good advancement opportunities
International Brand and Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2016
Good family values/oriented company and opportunities to gain broad experiences but limited category growth opportunities in a very mature category.
Pros
Good benefits/compensation
Cons
Mature category without a lot of growth
Pleasant Work Place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 5, 2016
Good learning experience on management and retail work. Management gives you lots of freedom and you work mostly alone
Pros
Free Gift cards
Cons
No set Svhedule
fun place to work and helped stay in shape
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 3, 2016
Walk 10 plus miles a day. Packing and shipping products to consumers worldwide. Was a fun and somewhat relaxed environment, very diverse and great people to work with.
ok
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 28, 2016
The hours aren't as flexible as expected. They want the most work for the least hours. The publix receiver are rude to you and no one really converse with you. Its a job for people who are not social and want to be creative and left alone.
Pros
short hours
Cons
lot of bending and lifting
Loved working with Hallmark
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2016
I was a Territory Rep for Hallmark. I traveled to 12 stores weekly. I met with store managers weekly to make sure product was out and set correctly.
Pros
traveling each week
Cons
non
Fun and productive workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 27, 2016
The hardest part of the job is having to make a certain amount of points within a certain amount of time. The fun part is that the people are friendly.
Immediate supervisor was a problem!!!
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 27, 2016
Liked most parts of the job, but the supervisor was a drama queen. Hired during the peak holiday season and had no real training. Once all the holidays were over, they cut your hours and then complained that you did not do enough. Supervisor was always creating some type of drama. All of the people she supervised quit and she ended up doing their day to day job. I never had a problem working anywhere prior to this supervisor. I hope Hallmark begins to realize that maybe the SUPERVISOR is the problem in this area and not the workers. The computer scanner they gave you to do the job just did not work. Very physical job. Lots of building of displays for holidays.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Supervisor was a drama queen.
Terrible, work here as a last resort
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 27, 2016
You can be denied general adjustment due to performance, although it is not merit based.
Ppl with less seniority and worse numbers received raise.
New hires are going to be started at the higher rate than current employees.
Constant reminders that all that you do is not enough.
To meet quota, folks skip breaks and lunch.
Can't enjoy time off due to being in pain and being exhausted.
Feel constant threat of losing job.
They expect too much too fast from new employees, had to give extended training to everybody.
Pay is too low for the demand to be constantly moving fast for 8 hours.
Mandatory overtime always only get a days notice and is constant.
Management in order processing leaves much to be desired, some of them can't even do the job themselves.
They constantly hire because everyone either quits or gets fired or transfers departments.
The best part are your coworkers even though talking is frowned upon and you might not see them again.
Pros
You can flex and alter your schedule
Cons
Management, points system
Freedom of life
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
no complaints overall great company, great people to work with very organized, cared about family Children were well polished and the tutors were all professional
Pros
great hours
Cons
commute
Good Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 26, 2016
I had a lot of fun at hallmark. The atmosphere was really energetic and easy going. Everyone I worked with was so kind. Customers could be rude, but overall it was a great experience.