Hallmark Employee Reviews

Work independently, heavy seasonal deadlines and very part-time
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Loved working for Hallmark, worked with my Co-workers as a Team and typical day had nothing to do with just putting out Cards....very detail and deadline heavy..
Pros
Independent working environment, part time with miminal stress
Cons
Very demanding deadlines for Seasonal Displays
Very slow and boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Hallmark is a very slow and boring as a job. Usually only one employee so not much interaction. Very tedious and repetitive and you are only allowed behind the counter when checking someone out otherwise you always have to be dusting, organizing cards, etc.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not a lot of hours, boring and slow, lonely
Over Worked Under Paid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 27, 2016
Over worked under paid....Management plays tricks and lies....Waste to many products......Should Donate instead of waste...
Displayed Hallmark cards daily, Changed Seasonal displays during Holidays, Used Hand Computer to transmit orders . Stored extra supplies in back storage bin.
Pros
Loves their Movies
Cons
Under pay....No perks
Enjoyed my career at Hallmark
Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN but traveled USA and Puerto RicoOctober 6, 2016
Typical work day was challenging and different each and every day.
Everyone was great to work with and we always found ways to solve a major challenge. There were no issues only opportunities to resolve for the customer. I handled a great customer (Walgreens) and had an outstanding relationship with my client from top to bottom which made my job assignment one of the best jobs in Hallmark during my career.
Pros
Exciting and challenging everyday
Cons
Not a growing industry
no benefits
Territory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2016
I've been working for Hallmark several years.... Depending on your accounts (stores) you may have a flexible schedule. You will often have varying hours depending on the holidays. Example 8 hrs one week & 25 right before & after a holiday. This is a very part time job. You will deal with many different issues depending on which store you work. I am a supervisor, and I too only get up to 25 hrs a week max. There are no benefits offered, and you are expected to do more work than you can possibly get done in the time provided.
Pros
flexible schedule for most, depending on stores you are assigned
Cons
small time budget, not enough time to properly perform your job, no benefits, few hrs
Very sad
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 21, 2017
Ordered cards, put orders out, straightened cards. 2-3 hours 3 days a week. Only hire part time. Not enough hours to complete everything. Managers come and go. They really could care less about their employees. A lot of work for very little pay. Best part was getting a ornament every Christmas.
Pros
Ornaments
Cons
Several
Decent first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 23, 2017
The team I worked with was amazing. The hours were not consistent. Employee perks were not that great considering the high cost of most merchandise. Store closed and I lost my job because of lease problems. Most shifts were very slow and I was usually very very bored.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Little hours, low pay
Ok work place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXDecember 13, 2016
It was an ok place to work. Easy to do. Handle shipments that come in. It was a little difficult to handle the shipments when a lot would come in at once. Manager was kinda rude. Would tell me she would come to help me and wouldn't. Then would get angry when I would get a little behind saying that everything was a mess.
Slow but easy workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 12, 2016
I learned how to sell items. Typical work date where to stock cards, organize cards, work the register and clean. My co workers were nice and helpful while working. The hardest part of the job was having absolutely nothing to do on almost a everyday basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was making our goal and making customers happy.
Pros
Some free lunches, rewards
Cons
Slow work pace
Creative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 22, 2017
I was able a lot to decorate for the holidays, and arrange displays when new products came in, and as i am an artsy soul, I loved doing that. There was an excellent employee discount as well, which was a constant temptation; I wanted to buy everything in the store.
Pros
Employee discount, decorating
Everybody buys greeting cards
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Was a great learning experience. I was trained well and I acquired many of the sales skills I still use today. Hallmark is a top notch company which instills their perfection and high standards on their employees. I learned how to cold call on prospective customers and was held accountable for reaching company goals and quotas. The hardest part of the job was projecting seasonal sales and the best part was the relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
salary
Excellent management
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 15, 2016
During the time frame that I worked at Hallmark I learned a better way to interact with customers as well as my co-workers. Some of my duties were checking in inventory, rearranging merchandise to fit new items that would draw the interest of the customers. I also had the honor of both opening the store as well as closing it. My supervisor was wonderful to work with, she was approachable whenever someone had a question as well as understanding when a co-worker or myself had family issues that might have caused one of us to call in and contacting of another associate to cover that shift.
Pros
excellent employees, wonderful work environment
Cons
Store Closure
Fast passed job with lots of walking
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 8, 2016
Lots of order processors all trying to work quickly and efficiently to ship their work while being in a confined space for that many people. Overtime is daily and even covers most weekends. Management makes sure you understand that you getting your work done is more important that the two 15 minute breaks you have. They do provide a half hour unpaid lunch though.
Pros
on site cafeteria, pays decent, healthcare benefits can be good if you chose the right one
Cons
no social life because you are always working overtime, if you are not fast enough or make too many errors there is no raise nor job movement
bent over for hours
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 26, 2016
You must be bent over sorting cards for hours and at their speed. Back breaking and go faster, go faster. Certainly want there $10.00 hr worth using my car. Lifting huge boxes in back end of stores ,dragging those boxes out, then bend over sort, faster...really just a stocker
Cons
only allowed short period of time to stock
flexible hours but pay isn't good and not much chance to move up
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64141January 18, 2017
its a good relaxed retail job , except for holidays which can get hectic and its mandatory you work the day before and after a major holiday.. no bonuses or pay raises.
Pros
flexible hours, good part-time
Cons
not enough hours, pay
Employees made it a great place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Assisting customers with excellent customer serviceReceiving and shipping merchandise making displays.Cashier,handling money and other related duties.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Something new to learn on a daily basis.
Not the best
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  St Clair , PANovember 13, 2016
I worked for Hallmark for a year. Traveling is ok because it is reimbursed, but as a helper learning everyone's likes and dislikes at each store isn't fun. What you think is good at one store isn't good at another even tough it is the same setup and merchandise. Training is really not good. You are left alone with freight todogure out on your own where it goes. Not willing to work with you if (and u will) have a second job. Favoritism, ignorant workers, miserable management are my negatives. Customers , holiday spirit , and self motivation with no one to bother you or talk the and waste the day away are my positives. This is a job for someone who may not need steady income, like a housewife. Just Remember management does not care about you. They care about what you can do to get them a bonus. (Which you will get any of) 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
Pros
Bad management. Cocky workers Training lasted 1-2 times
Cons
Customers are sweet, products are nice, can work at a good pace alone.
The card store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Typically spent most of the day ringing up customers, organizing the items, pricing new items and putting them on display, and cleaning up the store.
Pros
Enjoy coming to work because it is an easy, fun, and rewarding job.
Cons
Some favoritism, and not enough hours given.
Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Simple job when learned. Put out cards order cards bags etc. Listen to managers at stores and work with them not against them. Make sure your getting everything done.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Micro management treated like child then asked to help else where
Not a career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 18, 2016
I like the people that I work with but the company itself isn't the best. The only people that are allowed full time are managers. You meet some nice customers, but you always have at least one really rude one. My patience level has definitely improved.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

69%