Hallmark Employee Reviews

fun, peaceful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2017
you are surrounded by christmas ornaments and stuffed animals, and cute little nic nacs :)

the people are usually nice and you get a lot of recurring customers who collect items.

Most of the customers are just there to pick out a card so they mainly like to be left alone. i loved unpacking shipment
product very nice and fresh
3rd Key Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALMay 11, 2017
Hallmark within itself is a great Company however I did not like having to push people for emails and the micro managment from the Dm . If she had left the store manager alone it would have ran alot smoother .
Pros
nice store
Cons
Dm
If you're desperate, apply but high rollover
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 4, 2017
They did pay over $15 per hour but they froze the pay when people reach 5 years. If you're a Selector, it's overcrowded. If you're anywhere else, everyone's a "Yes Man" and it's costed the company accounts. This is one of those jobs that you take while you look for better work.
Pros
Good pay for high school diploma/ new out of college
Cons
Worst is the constant overtime and not getting to see your family.
Worst Company ever
Assistant Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years, I left on great terms or so I thought. I was wanting to return 15 years later and I was told I they wound not hire me back because my old manager was unhappy I left and put me down as no rehire. worthless company
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Hallmark
Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 2, 2017
This job enabled me to work my own schedule in order to be home with my child while my husband was at work. As I advanced, however, due to the area I was assigned to manage the job needed more attention than I was able to give it.
Good place to work if you only want to work a few hours per week
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
Receive card & product shipments, sort cards and put into their assigned slots as well as other products. Retail ready the store and make sure all slots are full and department looks good. This job allows you to work around your own schedule however not alot of hours, no discounts or benefits.
Pros
pick the times you will work in your store
Cons
no discounts and not alot of hours.
Great place to work.
Manufacturing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 2, 2017
It was a great place to work great people i worked with. Most Managers there were great. there are a few who really showed favortism to other people. i worked there 19 years.
Pros
Great benefits.
productive and fun
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 1, 2017
Setup registers open store. Clean and dust displays. Restock and make new displays. Re arrange and change displays.

Management and employees were very professional and easy to get along with.

I liked the customers and getting play with all the merchandise.

There was no hard part to the job,
Pros
Free lunches and on special occasion you could win free merchandise.
Cons
Working alone is the good thing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2017
Hallmark a great Company Indeed I would not take that away from them! Now, Management in the other hand I'm not too proud of. They truly don't care and training is horrible. Sometimes you go into stores that had been poorly taken care off and you are hit with the reality that no one will help you. No space to put merchandise and too much work you need to complete in less than 3 hours. Supervisors are not aware of management unprofessionalism. You never get a compliment but you will get complaints left and right. For a part time job and flexibility I recommend it to anyone, but not as a career!
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Poor training, and Management horrible. Too much work too little time
Glitter
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXApril 28, 2017
The only problem I had with working for this company is the amount of glitter you end up covered in after stocking cards. Other than that I liked how you basically make your own schedule and get pretty much left alone while you work.
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 28, 2017
My role here was as a production worker so it was at times very rewarding. I am a very competitive person and so I really like to make things very efficient and effective so as to be productive. I learned over the years I spent there how to set up and operate various pieces of equipment. I also was a maintenance person for awhile and learned that when in a production plant it is vital that equipment be functional at all time or at least have the capability. I really like being in the maintenance area due to the feeling of accomplishment when the repairs are successful. I also like the capability to problem solve and address issues that saved time and money. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when I had a manager that let me do projects to improve the work flow and the operations of the area to be more effective and efficient.
Nice people to work with
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 27, 2017
Get to work clock in, get your buggy/cart. Go pick an order sign it out. Sort through tickets, write information down in your point book. Then start picking cards. 12+ miles of walking everyday and based on a point system. 480 points per 8 hours
Very flexible job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 26, 2017
You are able to create your own schedule, and you can take off whenever. Stocking the cards and merchandise isn't hard at all, and you can work at your own pace.
Great Place!!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2017
The best part about this company is the stability and the environment. Most employees enjoy the work place as well as the atmosphere. The benefits are good and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement in most assignments.
Pros
Environment, cafeteria, stability
all around good company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAApril 19, 2017
good company to work for. they reimburse well, pay well, good to employees. pay travel time plus milage and every time you open an email, read a text or anything hallmark related, you are getting paid
Pros
pay travel time and milage plus every time you open an email you are getting paid
Cons
only part time hours
part time only
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 18, 2017
Instructions sometimes not explained thoroughly. Product shipped tostores and I had to put in racks. My training was not very complete and had issues when new manager came on board.
Pros
independent wotk
Cons
not good training
great part time job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2017
I had a great time every day I was there. My coworkers and managers were excellent. I can't speak for other stores by Delray Beach Hallmark was the best.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay
Flexible , great for moms
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2017
Great company, however they push you to work more and more hours than you agreed to. For most positions they offer good pay, good benefits, flexible work hours and all supplies.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work more than part time
Excellent Temp Agency
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2017
This company is the best agency in the Seattle area. The staff is always willing to help an honest person in a tight spot get some form of work, even if it's only short term.
Decent for a retail job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 13, 2017
Pay was relatively low but work is very simple. The company is struggling to stay relevant so long term opportunities may be limited. Culture is good and the employees are nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.