Hallmark Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace with very flexible hours for the retail merchandiser position
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Very flexible schedule! Job was fun! Enjoyed working on my own and keeping department neat and full! Enjoyed keeping back stock organized so it was easy to pull to fill sales floor! Enjoyed changing the seasons throughout the year! Working with the different people at each of my locations was very enjoyable!
Pros
Flexible position
Cons
For the retail merchandiser I find no cons
Manager I had was great... but then they fired her
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
There wouldn't promote me because I wouldn't follow their script. I kept that store running along with the store manager but since we weren't making enough money they fired her. They brought the new manager in and I quit within two weeks. That store closed one month later.
Hallmark supervisor
Territory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 17, 2017
They expect you to work full time with zero benefits because you are labeled "part time". Training is a joke
The pay is horrible. Large company should compensate their hard working employees to want to stay . You may or may not get directions on what you are doing in the field. Turnover is so high because training is bad and pay is way too low. No one can support themselves on Hallmark pay
Pros
Flexible hours sometimes
Cons
Horrible pay, no benefits at all
Fun place to work with lots of room for creativity
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I was very happy working at Hallmark. I enjoyed the management and the always changing environment as well as the Christmas stuff. i would recommend to anyone to work at Hallmark.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
poor pay
it okay
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Great if you want to work alone. You meet with your supervisor twice a month. you have to do revisions to make up your hours. Holiday time is when you can get more hours. Im lucky if i get 10 hours a week.
Slow paced and low wages
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 14, 2017
The job was very slow paced. While I did enjoy the times that there were things to do there and customers to assist, those times were too rare and far between.
Poor Management
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg VirginiaSeptember 14, 2017
My immediate supervisor was very demeaning. She chastised me in front of a customer in a CVS. She was extremely impatient while training me as well.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 12, 2017
There wasnt much but just business. Its a lot harder then some people think, you have 1000 different things that you have to think about in that store and you constantly have to ask questions
Hallmark
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stewart Manor, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Working for Hallmark is very fun . The owners are great ,they treat you respectively. It is busy yet relaxed . The customers are wonderful . I really enjoyed this job.
Pros
The customers
Hallmark
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OHSeptember 12, 2017
The job it self was very easy. You will be on your feet the whole time. Will need adequate computer skills. And orientation was fast and easy. Lacks in availabilityof management.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Not pregnancy friendly they'll fire you
Easy work except during holidays
SENIOR RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2017
The work is routine and limited stress except during holidays. Expect no time off during holidays. No support from management when issues in the store
Pros
Flexible schedule, limited supervision
Cons
No support from management, no benefits or paid time off
Associates are very helpful and nice
Short-Term Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 11, 2017
Great company and location. Very easy going, and fun place to work. Workplace culture is family oriented. Hardest part was being a temporary associate, not a full time employee.
Great company
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoy my role at Hallmark as a retail merchandiser. It works very well with my schedule outside of work. Also I enjoy the type of work I do. I enjoy setting displays,l putting out merchandise, and doing the orders. My manager is always available if I need her, and the company is very supportive of their employees.
Enjoyed working at Hallmark
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NC 27320September 8, 2017
Working to fulfill the customers needs. Learned that the customer comes first. Demanding job on Holidays. Enjoyed getting to know the customers on a personal basis.
great team
Territory Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 7, 2017
I really enjoyed my team and my manager was super kind and fair. She was laid off in 2015 and the new management team was not a good fit for me. My time had come to leave.
great variety of work duties, low pay, no future
Customer Service, Cashier, Stocking, Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 6, 2017
the owner hasn't informed us yet if he's moving or closing the store due to the Mall buyout. I believe he won't until the end, and I'm not willing to wait
Pros
type of work
Cons
low pay/low appreciation
Inconsistent
Full Time Temp (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 6, 2017
Not enough well trained people to train new employees. Too much turnover. That makes it frustrating for long term employees to be better at their positions and slows down production when they demand huge numbers in all departments. To meet the demands they appear to not be interested in employee morale and instead its in and out due to not enough time for proper training in any one department unless it is mandatory. Machines break down a lot and that also would slow up production.
Pros
Great Brand
Cons
To many temps and not enough qualified trained employees to train.
Exciting
Territory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 6, 2017
A great company to work for, Very flexible schedule and always different scenarios to handle, paid travel and great relationship with stores and managers
Working atmosphere
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2017
Fast pace. Hard work.
How to build
Management is very poor.
Workplace can be good but due to poor management makes it difficult
Hardest part is communicate with the corporate office and not being able to complete your work with all the necessary merchandise.
Love the variety of people you meet.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
Poor management.
Labor intensive for low pay
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 5, 2017
District mgrs out of touch with supervisors and vendors. Communication through text messages for hiring and terminating, unrealistic job requirements.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Hard Labor for low pay, false promises for future promotions when jobs are essentially temporary, but not told they are temporary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.