Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging yet fulfilling and that makes it fun
Merchandiser and Installation (Former Employee) –  Entire Coachella Valley....25 mile radiusJanuary 7, 2016
Interacted with Store Management in Drug Stores. I enjoyed the challenges of their time restraints and discussing why and how a project would happen.

Co-workers were super. As noted, yes, there were many challenges but I would not say they were the hardest part of the job..
I loved the product, I loved the interactions with all levels, merchandising and also the sales when performing the duties.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Enjoyed working there
Hallmark Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2016
The job was flexible but they was a lot of pressure to handle many accounts and not even hours. I had 52 accounts and had about 25 hours to mange them including drive time. I believe we should have been given more hours and benefits o run our accounts correctly.
I've always loved beautiful Hallmark products
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Prepared greeting cards for sale and changed out according to season. I had difficulties with the equipment used to scan product and was frustrated without enough training. I felt I was not given another opportunity to do the job and it still makes me sad since I have always done well with my work. I enjoy working and never had problems with getting along with people. I would have loved to have been given another opportunity with more training.
Pros
beautiful products
Cons
not enough training
Terrible company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2016
Horrible management, racist supervisor. Lots of lifting of heavy boxes , long hours on your feet , no raise in pay, overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No support from supervisor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 3, 2016
I work with customers and stocking product on shelves. I learned different things such as merchandising,shipping and receiving,visual merchandising,supervising lead,opening and closing of the store.I getting along really well with my associates and made new friends out of it. I have not really found anything hard about my job. I enjoy meeting new people and helping customers with the things they are looking for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no pay increase, not enough hours, no benifits
Good hours and balanced work activity.
Retail Merchandiser Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD, Clinton, MD, Oxon Hill MDMarch 7, 2016
Work schedule can vary. Challenge is to keep the departments neat and not get in the way of customers shopping. Large territory to cover, from Upper Marlboro MD, to Washington, DC.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Required installations, and inventory audits.
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 24, 2016
It was a pretty easy job. I basically closed the store every night. That includes counting the till and locking up. I basically just dealt with customers and set up visuals. The job was really boring since not that many people shop at hallmark.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Not much to do
Love it but not enough hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2016
Fun job. Typical day is checking in new merchandise and putting all the merchandise out. Weeks of major holidays like Valentines are very busy. The downfall is pay and on weeks where there are not holidays you get dew hours
Depressing atmosphere
Photography Studio Manager & Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2016
Company is in collapse despite some great and talented people but it's an archaic brand trying to hang on in a digital world. Leadership team is incompetent and wastes money.
Only great for extra income with another in the home.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2016
Alot of these jobs are great but depending on situation these great, but only is you need part time. Needed only with other income and need to be paid more for the work.
Great place to work at!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLFebruary 17, 2016
The people there were absolutely amazing! Everyone worked hard and got things done in a timely fashion. Even though it was only seasonal they did not treat me like someone who was going to be in and out, they treated me like they treated their permanent workers, like a family! The customers would have to be the best part of the job, cause some of the greatest people I've ever met were customers and the people that shopped there were typically regulars so within the 3 months I worked there I really got to know a lot of people! The hardest part was probably putting away single cards, cause there was SO many it was extremely hard to find where a card that someone left or misplaced belonged, especially at such a busy time of the year, because you didn't know if that was the last card or if there was a whole set of them somewhere in that huge card selection!!
Pros
employee discounts, there and at food places around it
Cons
it was temporary
Terrible, work here as a last resort
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 27, 2016
You can be denied general adjustment due to performance, although it is not merit based.
Ppl with less seniority and worse numbers received raise.
New hires are going to be started at the higher rate than current employees.
Constant reminders that all that you do is not enough.
To meet quota, folks skip breaks and lunch.
Can't enjoy time off due to being in pain and being exhausted.
Feel constant threat of losing job.
They expect too much too fast from new employees, had to give extended training to everybody.
Pay is too low for the demand to be constantly moving fast for 8 hours.
Mandatory overtime always only get a days notice and is constant.
Management in order processing leaves much to be desired, some of them can't even do the job themselves.
They constantly hire because everyone either quits or gets fired or transfers departments.
The best part are your coworkers even though talking is frowned upon and you might not see them again.
Pros
You can flex and alter your schedule
Cons
Management, points system
Great people to work with
Installations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 18, 2016
I learned how to interact with other companies which were involved in my installation details.

The individuals that work for Hallmark vary in age, gender and ethnicity. every one that i met there were excellent human beings.
Good place to work and obtain additional skills besides CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
Ok place to work, has a bit of urine ordor tho.Good place to work to obtain skills outside of CNA. Scheduler is awesome. Room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
building smells
not enough hours
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 19, 2016
the job is very easy and I enjoyed it but it is not enough hours to support 2 children on it was great working with my manager but her manager was not the greatest person to deal with but I was only there for a short period of time
Not what you expect.Very little pay for work expectations.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wal-martMay 11, 2016
I liked the job in itself. But the workload and expectations are unrealistic with the short hours you assigned. Overwhelming work loads,heavy boxes. More then 30lbs or 50lbs. Lots of stopping, lifting heavy boxes, kneeling. When I got hired we did not have to do installations. There using the Rm's to do installations and don't have to pay them a penny more. That was not in my job description when I got hire and I don't think I should have to do installations for the same pay. I had very little to no training from my supervisor. My co -worker pretty much train me fully. I don't think that is her job.That is a supervisors job to train. Management in the Store where I worked has no respect for Vendors and treats them very nasty. There don't fulfil there contract with Hallmark and only give you the space there want to give you. The managers don't give you no storage or very little for the Overstock and extra Boxes what so ever.
Pros
Flexiable Hours of sorts.
Cons
Overwhelming Work load for a busy, busy Store. Expectations are to unreal.
Fun place
Sales/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 25, 2016
Get to learn new Hallmark products
Occasionally very busy

Need customer service skills

Need to work on weekends

Located in Mesa

If you like Hallmark products, this is a good place to work
fun place to work and helped stay in shape
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 3, 2016
Walk 10 plus miles a day. Packing and shipping products to consumers worldwide. Was a fun and somewhat relaxed environment, very diverse and great people to work with.
Productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 17, 2016
Sales representative includes being a cashier, customer service representative, greeter, making sales, organizing items, and being a stock clerk.
Pros
energetic, positive atmoshphere
Cons
keeping inventory and stocking shelves.
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 13, 2016
Really great company to work for that cares about the people that work their. Great benefits and great management. great work life balance.
Pros
the job culture
Cons
boring during non holiday seasons