Hallmark Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2016
Horrible management, racist supervisor. Lots of lifting of heavy boxes , long hours on your feet , no raise in pay, overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No support from supervisor
OK for retired people.
Laurie Bauck - Territory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108December 30, 2016
you will not get any hours or pay working for them even with advancement you will struggle to make ends meet working for these people. good for a retired person or someone who is looking to supplement income. I would not even recommend this for students since they ask you to be available all the time to give you only 10 hours a week
Not the best
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  St Clair , PANovember 13, 2016
I worked for Hallmark for a year. Traveling is ok because it is reimbursed, but as a helper learning everyone's likes and dislikes at each store isn't fun. What you think is good at one store isn't good at another even tough it is the same setup and merchandise. Training is really not good. You are left alone with freight todogure out on your own where it goes. Not willing to work with you if (and u will) have a second job. Favoritism, ignorant workers, miserable management are my negatives. Customers , holiday spirit , and self motivation with no one to bother you or talk the and waste the day away are my positives. This is a job for someone who may not need steady income, like a housewife. Just Remember management does not care about you. They care about what you can do to get them a bonus. (Which you will get any of) 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
Pros
Bad management. Cocky workers Training lasted 1-2 times
Cons
Customers are sweet, products are nice, can work at a good pace alone.
Team Oriented Evironment Deminished!
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 28, 2016
I have been an employee with Hallmark for almost 5 months now, and when I started working at the store the atmosphere was great, but since the arrival of a new manger, the atmosphere has greatly decreased. It has gotten to the point that not only have seasoned employees who were there during the time I started have since resigned, but loyal customers have began to refrain patronizing the location. The energy has left, and has made employees very fearful to work in an effective manner. The good thing about the job is when it's time to clock out and leave.
Pros
Empolyee discount of 40% off
Cons
No career advancement opportunities
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 13, 2016
Really great company to work for that cares about the people that work their. Great benefits and great management. great work life balance.
Pros
the job culture
Cons
boring during non holiday seasons
Good advancement opportunities
International Brand and Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2016
Good family values/oriented company and opportunities to gain broad experiences but limited category growth opportunities in a very mature category.
Pros
Good benefits/compensation
Cons
Mature category without a lot of growth
Great place to work, learned much about retail
LEAD ASSOCIATE-KEYHOLDER (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Again, thoroughly enjoyed working in the Chicago Ridge Hallmark store. Loved the employees, customers and manager. Quickly learned the roll of lead associate with many responsibilities and having no previous experience with the cash register.
For some unknown reason, was let go prior to Christmas rush. Manager felt it was taking too long to learn everything. Wrote it off as a personality conflict somewhere. Was a total shock and to this day still don't understand what truly went wrong.
I did have problems with the cash register but was coming along, was a lot to learn and oftentimes the computer end of register was slow or locked up. Very frustrating, time consuming and lead to customers waiting. Not good.
Great experience but bad result. Chalked it up to experience.
The most work you will ever do
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 17, 2016
Not enough payroll. Example 2 people on to sell, make connections, organize and place out new cards based on a numerical system, process up to 50 boxes with fragile items inside. Pushing more cardboard boxes then you ever wished for.
Pros
discount
Cons
salary, you are never done working
Mismanagement
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 25, 2016
Essentially the problems at this facility are due to a lack of general understanding from the management. The poor residents often have trips cancelled last minute due to double-booking appointments. It is a shame they do not focus on their residents needs more. Additionally there is a lot of cross contamination between departments. If they just allowed each department to handle their own responsibilities rather than ask other departments to, everything would run much smoother in my opinion.
Pros
ITS A JOB
Cons
UNDER PAYED, UNDER STAFFED, UNDER APPRECIATED & OVERWORKED
Don't work here
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Nooooo people are the problem management do manage good for seasonal not career. I wouldn't waste my time . Work is slow. Good discount. Ppl don't get along high turnover
Pros
Hall 20 percent discout
Cons
Drive is far

Want to know more about Hallmark?

Ask a question
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working for Hallmark! It allowed me to work hours that fit my lifestyle. The job was fun and different!
A typical day included going to my store early in the morning, pulling out any new stock from the back room and start unpacking new product. As I placed new product up, I would clean and straighten the cards along the way and ordering.
During Holidays the work load is more, but also interesting!
I learned in the process how to reset a store from bottom up. I enjoyed learning from my peers, which helped me along the journey.
The hardest part would probably be when there is a revision or new installation. The days are long and hard, but rewarding!
Pros
flexible schedule
a decent company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 9, 2017
i would go in and do merchandising work for hallmark and their products at a local walmart store. i would restock, reorder products, set up holiday displays while working with the different managers at the store and according to hallmarks planograms. I worked by myself i would recieve and checkin shipments and send products back to the company as well. I would scann
products in and out, scant hem to find the right home for the item, and scan them to take them off the inventory at the end of season or scan out items that were damaged and throw the items away, I aslo keep the hallmarks area clean and ready to shop.
Pros
everyone at the company are very nice
Cons
little to no hours
Enjoyed my career at Hallmark
Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN but traveled USA and Puerto RicoOctober 6, 2016
Typical work day was challenging and different each and every day.
Everyone was great to work with and we always found ways to solve a major challenge. There were no issues only opportunities to resolve for the customer. I handled a great customer (Walgreens) and had an outstanding relationship with my client from top to bottom which made my job assignment one of the best jobs in Hallmark during my career.
Pros
Exciting and challenging everyday
Cons
Not a growing industry
its an OK job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 14, 2016
Walmarts are terrible to work in to many boxes and material.
Just pay attention to details. Don't go over your hours or they will watch on everything.
Pros
great flexibility with another part time job
Cons
trying to figure out the Plan o gram, heavy boxes, no benefits, high turnover, so if someone quits your bown your own
A Challenging Place to Work
Sr. Retail Store Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2016
I spent over 20 years with Hallmark as a designer in their Store Design/Store Planning studios. Each day, Hallmark offered new and exciting challenges for a designer. Our design staff prided themselves on being on the forefront of the retail store design field. With access to professional visual merchandisers and graphic designers, our proposals were highly polished and often ready for market. Management gave us leeway to design to our standards, rarely forcing their views into our solutions. Due to the nature of the retail market, Hallmark is always looking to grow beyond their current standards, and challenged us to improve upon our designs with each new project. My co-workers were well trained, enthusiastic and real team players.
Pros
Have all the resources a designer needs
Cons
Core business is challenged in today's retail environment
Where I learned dedication, respect and value
Key Holder / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 24, 2016
A typical day here consisted with answering phones, restocking product, handling customer relations and assisting with supervisory duties. I learned how integrity, dedication, commitment and the will to achieve new goals really impacts ones work ethic. My co-workers grew up with me along my journey. The hardest part of the job was leaving since I worked for the job for many years. This job is the back bone of who I am today. The most enjoyable part of this job is what I got out of it, which allows me to evaluate future endeavors.
work alone, must be self motivated
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2016
company does not care about employees. Company has bad attitude and does not value their employees. Has attitude of "you can be replaced". You work your butt off and management gets the rewards.
Pros
as long as you go in by a certain time, you can kind of work around your time schedule.
Cons
no bonuses or incentives. minimal raises 10-25cent any hour yearly, if.
Good place to work and obtain additional skills besides CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
Ok place to work, has a bit of urine ordor tho.Good place to work to obtain skills outside of CNA. Scheduler is awesome. Room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
building smells
Providing excellent products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 19, 2016
My favorite thing about my job was meeting new people and helping them find the correct gift.The hours were unreliable.I was always there alone which was lonely.
Pros
Lunch free
Cons
Wonderful place to work. Cheery. Positive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 4, 2016
Whenever I went into the store just to shop, the atmosphere was always so fun and positive, So when it came time to apply, I was so excited. I wasn't nervous. There is still so much to learn. The manager is always so upbeat. She makes time to train and learn about us and still smiles and compliments. She is a harsh taskmaster but that's what a good manager does.I love learning all of it. All of my co-workers are fabulous!
Pros
We are there for each other either personally or on the job.
Cons
So many things to learn in such a short time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

69%