Hallmark Employee Reviews

Nice place of employment, Excellent employees to work with
Order processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 3, 2016
A typical day would consist of filling various orders for locations that sold Hallmark products. They are a very employee friendly company to work for and stressed safety in and out of the workplace and well as a strong code of ethics. Hallmark believes in an open door policy with their employees so we always felt comfortable going to management with any questions and concerns. Hardest part of the job I had at Hallmark was packing cartons in their season section of the distribution center. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to participating in special projects to improve our jobs, with ergonomics and safety.
Pros
reward program for going above and beyond what is expected of us.
Cons
changes in retirement benefits, insurance, and closing of Enfield Distribution
Don't work here
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Nooooo people are the problem management do manage good for seasonal not career. I wouldn't waste my time . Work is slow. Good discount. Ppl don't get along high turnover
Pros
Hall 20 percent discout
Cons
Drive is far
good part time job
Retail/Installation Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Fast paced, low pay, no benefits. Had to use my own vehicle which put many miles on it. Had to replace tires. There was no car allowance offered. Flexible hours.
Pros
seasonal previews
Cons
no healthcare
Take warning
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCAugust 25, 2016
I just stopped working at walterboro Walmart for Hallmark... The pay is 9 dollars and it's only 15 hours a week yeah benefits are good. But at the end of the day you have bills to pay and maybe kids.. Nothing bad to say about the employers of hallmark but Walmart employees be on your ps and qs ..
Benefits
Cons
Hours cash
Section manager II and enjoyed my job at Hallmark cards.
Distribution Section Manager II (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 12, 2016
Managed up to 60 associates to fill & ship orders. Order millions of season dollars daily to keep the Ordering Processors busy on the operations floor filling and shipping orders. Worked with Logistic planners on the arrival and ship dates of seasonal ornaments, party products and cards.

Utilized lean in the operations area to do elements audits, gemba walks, and worked with cost analysis tools for continuous improvement.

Lead safety meetings and helped employees stay engaged with safety with the building. Hallmark became a VPP site
Pros
Enjoyed working with the logistics folks and the people.
Cons
Large group of associates to manages, especially when reviews were due.
I loved the job. Workload became unrealistic.
RETAIL FIELD MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2016
The job I loved from the start became a job that seemed to add more and more to the load every month. As I loved the job I often wondered if the ones that make the plans like resets ect. if they actually work in the field at all.
I will miss the job but not the overload.
You mostly work alone unless in a big store such as Walmart.
Loved my supervisor. The hardest part of the job is the time it takes to complete the work and the ever changing seasons means put up a holiday then take it down again and again. It can chip at you a bit over time.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
No benfits and the longer you stay the heavier the workload becomes.
Good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I was only working seasonal. I was in high school it was my first job. I didn't expect nothing much out of it as a teenager. But it gets busy during the holidays it's a nice part time job.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
Goes by slow
A Challenging Place to Work
Sr. Retail Store Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2016
I spent over 20 years with Hallmark as a designer in their Store Design/Store Planning studios. Each day, Hallmark offered new and exciting challenges for a designer. Our design staff prided themselves on being on the forefront of the retail store design field. With access to professional visual merchandisers and graphic designers, our proposals were highly polished and often ready for market. Management gave us leeway to design to our standards, rarely forcing their views into our solutions. Due to the nature of the retail market, Hallmark is always looking to grow beyond their current standards, and challenged us to improve upon our designs with each new project. My co-workers were well trained, enthusiastic and real team players.
Pros
Have all the resources a designer needs
Cons
Core business is challenged in today's retail environment
productive work place with ping pong table.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2016
productive work place with ping pong table.Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.Fabulous wonderful amazing so amazing so great omg i loved that job so much I loved loved loved loved loved it.
Fun loving environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 25, 2017
The ladies that I worked with were amazing. Very clean environment. Everyone worked very well together. This location is no longer open.
Pros
discount on products, friendly environment
Great atmosphere, but only a part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2016
I was very pleased to be given an opportunity to become a team member for Hallmark. The only problem that I encountered working for this company since February 2016, is the fact that it is only a part time job with 8 to 15 hours weekly, and this was not a suitable income to raise children when you are a single mother.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Board games , chest, listen to music
Hallmark (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 13, 2016
I use to go on my weekends to help out the elderly. An we played board games and watch TV. Also use to look over them. I would also walk them to there room.
Pros
Very hard working
Cons
Family Emeregncy
Part time employer
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJanuary 25, 2017
My experience with Hallmark was short-term, but for the time I worked as a retail merchandiser, my impression was that the company is fairly conservative and a decent employer.
Fast paced work
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 6, 2016
I come into work and clock in. I then go and grab an order to start. I then go and start packed boxes for my order. Orders vary on how long they take. This is a very fast paced job which I am very good at.
Non stressful job
Retail Merchandiser Alternate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 5, 2016
Currently working for Hallmark and I love my job. Management, training,employee acknowledgement, and team building with co-workers is excellent. I also have a Supervisor who makes sure we are abreast of any pertaining changes, are well trained and work hours are evenly distributed when possible and who is a overall great
Boss.
Pros
Hallmark is a good company to work for.
Cons
No paid vacations.
retail is retail
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Very busy, sometimes more work than time allotted, some store employees were helpful and generous and some were not, management was awesome.
Cons
No coverage if you missed a day
Hallmark
Cashier, Team Member (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Hallmark has an amazing system of teaching customer service to others. In addition, how to create an amazing work environment with your fellow team members and management staff.
Hallmark
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
Hard retail, unrealistic merchandising expectations by upper management. Upper management is very hard on their store managers, during store visits the expectations are unrealistic. When a store does 100+ transactions a day at $13 average sale, your card aisle may have a few empty pockets, it happens. Listen to your store managers and support them.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
Upper management
The co-workers were the best part of the job
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2016
Hallmark had very good benefits and the pay was very comparable to surrounding businesses. The people were great to work with.
The job was stressful to maintain your production average, exhausting walking up to 8 miles a day.
Pros
Healthcare, People
Cons
Pressure to perform your job, alot of walking
Great job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 20, 2016
It was a fun place to work, I made my own schedule, I learned about merchandising. management was great, co-workers were supportive, I was a seasonal part time position which I enjoyed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.