Hallmark Employee Reviews

Depends on the location you work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 8, 2017
I believe all Hallmarks are privately owned; and the one I worked at had horrible owners. They were very unprofessional and treated their employees horribly. They closed down after I quit.
Pros
Good salary, awesome merchandise
Cons
Horrible management, privately run
lack of leadership
Aircraft Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMarch 8, 2017
This was a very pleasant company to work for at the beginning then the inept management took over and thing stated going down the tubes. We were a union outfit and management told lies to get over on the union employees. It was a place where you had to take a deep breath before walking in everyday.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
terrible management
Best place I have worked
Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 8, 2017
Manufacturing plant that was surprisingly family oriented. Very supportive of family time and needs. Good benefits. Entry level position caused tendentious but was moved to a clerical position as soon as possible. Training was great. Good work environment. Frequent overtime available.
Pros
Benefits and pay scale was great. Job security was great.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockton, IlMarch 8, 2017
This was my first long lasting job and overall it was good, I was eased into customer service, and was able to feel comfortable there. I worked there a little over 8 months and the people that came in were pretty good to work with. I love hallmark products so my biggest problem was spending all of my money there. It didn't allow raises and we were stuck at minimum wage, but it was my first job and I did not have a problem with that.
They are horrible to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 7, 2017
Not the best company to work for if you want the management to appreciate you for the work you do for them I only got complements from the customers for how great I was with them. And when I customer would lash out at me for no reason I got yelled at by the manager in front of people instead of taking into the office to talk. Would never work for this company again I worked so hard for them did what they asked and got let go from them because they didn't have the room in their company anymore.
Pros
Great Discounts on Merchandise, & wonderful Customers
Cons
Not enough pay, Schedule Sucked & Management
Very easy going work environment.All the employees are nice and very easy to get along with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 6, 2017
Typical work day is easy going. Everyone is really nice, so that makes the work day go fast. Hardest part about the job is all the coupons you need to memorize, but other than that, working at Hallmark is great.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
alot of coupons to memorize
N/a
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 6, 2017
It was a fun place to work when i worked there. i didnt dislike anyone and got along with all my managment and all my coworkers. it kept me in shape when i was there.
Reputable Company
Retail Supervisor & Installation Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 3, 2017
Hallmark is a reputable company - products are quality. Interaction was minimal due to working from home office and interaction was primarily thru email/phone. Needed to be very organized and exercise time management skills.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
time sensitive, repetitive
Great for young people or retired people
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMarch 3, 2017
Hallmark is a good company however there's little room for advancing your career unless you relocate. Management is good and very hands on. Jennifer works with my schedule but ask me to remain flexible which is difficult sometimes. Their pay is below average to average with not many benefits for PT people. I enjoy working solo and having the support of my manager. I just wish they had more opportunities for growth and the pay was better. They change procedures a lot which is confusing but my manager is always great about helping me and explaining stuff. I feel appreciated which is nice but would like more pay.
Pros
Flexibility, good management
Cons
They change how to do things constantly and no benefits or upward potential
enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Islip, NYMarch 2, 2017
don't really have a review just had to stop because the MS got really bad at one point. I have worked in retail forever so there wasn't much new to learn. I enjoyed working here, as I did all of my jobs.
Very Enjoyable Job
RETAIL MERCHANDISER ALTERNATE (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMarch 1, 2017
The hours are few, except around holidays, but the work is independent and relaxing. It's fun seeing the cards that come out and assist customers to find the perfect card for that special occasion.
Pros
Heavy Lifting at times
Cons
Few Hours
I liked my hours, customers were nice, mgmt was great, coworkers were great.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
I was a part time job that I began for the Christmas holiday season. I would and could have stayed had I remained in Houston. I enjoyed stocking the store with new merchandise. We had a great crew and it was a fun place to work.
Pros
45 percent discount on all in store items.
Cons
No healthcare benefits.
Fun workplace
Head sales lead (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 27, 2017
We got all kinds of customers while working at hallmark. The employees I worked with made the job fun. All the people in management that I got to meet were very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. All the stores in the area worked together to make sure we made our goals
Welcoming environment with friendly warm people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 26, 2017
My average work day was stocking, organizing, assisting costumers, and labeling. I learned that you should keep a cheery welcoming attitude and to treat costumers like they are friends. The employees are nice.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
disorganized, not flexible
Awesome People
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 26, 2017
I believe Hallmark has done it right!!
The have created a perfect way of training employees. (Aerospace companies could learn a ton from them)
Great Teams to work with during reset, revisions and installs.
Professional, but still very enjoyable for work.
Only part-time, are very flexable hours, They care about their employees.
Pros
Expertise of training, Wonderful people and management
Cons
Part-time, (I would like to do this full time)
Good expirence
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ridgepark square brooklynn ohioFebruary 23, 2017
It was a good work expurence and a great atmosphere to be in. The guests was my favorite part of the whole expirence ive met some great people and heard some awesome stories.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
Short hours
work on your time
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 22, 2017
good job to help make a little extra for someone who has family and or full time job, for someone who like to work alone. a lot of pro to this job I enjoyed my time with hallmark
Pros
work when you have time
Cons
not alot of hour some weeks
Awful
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 22, 2017
Sign in, go to work typical day. If you're sick they won't let you go home. If you don't have any PTO and you leave for an emergency forget it bud... you're fired
Loved my coworkers; little chance for advancement
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAFebruary 22, 2017
I loved my time working for Hallmark Heritage Shops. The upside: great coworkers, flexible boss, fun place to work, nice customers, laid back atmosphere. The downside: the owner did not give raises no matter how long you'd worked there unless you got a promotion. Everyone was paid minimum wage regardless of experience. Opportunities for full-time work were also limited.
Pros
laid back, flexible
Cons
no benefits, minimum wage only
Happy postive work environment
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Started the day with smiles and positive attitudes with all employees that continued throughout the day. Sometimes had to work with upset customers or frustrated ones but always ended up taking care of the customer and they left happy and the employee usually felt relieved and still had a positive attitude because they had just learned how to take care of the situation at hand if it were to arise again. Hardest part of the job was sometimes with product coming in getting it out in store in timely manner and Unconsolable customers (where a few).
The most enjoyable part of the day was usually everyone leaving with positive attitudes and looking forward to coming back the next day
Pros
promotional give aways, meeting designers
Cons
retail hours at holiday time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval