Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work with
Installations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 18, 2016
I learned how to interact with other companies which were involved in my installation details.

The individuals that work for Hallmark vary in age, gender and ethnicity. every one that i met there were excellent human beings.
Productive and Fun workplace
Installation Supervisor, Installation Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2016
Routine maintenance of the greeting card department in the stores you are assigned, organizing product and displays.

Moving card departments, building fixtures and also merchandising product. Hours vary based on installation activities with the possibility that some weeks will not have any installations scheduled. Work a flexible schedule, including possibly the day before and after major holidays, including weekends

Physical requirements included:

* Able to frequently stand for a prolonged period of time
* Able to regularly bend, squat, kneel, and reach overhead
* Able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Pros
Work a flexible schedule
Cons
Work hours will vary depending on Installation activities
Productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 17, 2016
Sales representative includes being a cashier, customer service representative, greeter, making sales, organizing items, and being a stock clerk.
Pros
energetic, positive atmoshphere
Cons
keeping inventory and stocking shelves.
Safe and positive work place
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMarch 13, 2016
On hands training, clear and concise assignments. Limited supervision. Abel to approach co-workers for help, ask questions, and advice. Hardest part of job, trying to make rate with machine malfunctions. Enjoyable, making rate, producing quality items. The comradery, and the dinners for job's well done.
Pros
Excellient bennfits
Cons
A lot of overtime at times during the peak of the season.
Hallmark Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver area, ColoradoMarch 9, 2016
I liked being a retail merchandiser, but out of the blue, the company started requiring RMs to become installation workers. This meant tearing down shelving and all displays and rebuilding them from scratch. It was dirty and gross and not what I signed up for. I hated the fact that they used to use installation teams and then switched to RMs doing the work.
Pros
$5 ornament at Christmastime as gift - whoo hoo!
Cons
Standing for hours on end, working holidays
Great for a contractor
PRODUCTION DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 8, 2016
As a contractor, the hours are flexible and pay is good. Things are very easy and go-with-the-flow, which has created a great environment for creativity. The building is somewhat old and no windows which is hard--the office environment isn't really my thing but if you can get over that, it's great! There is no working from home so I could not stay here long term because I am an introvert and find the office environment exhausting.
Good hours and balanced work activity.
Retail Merchandiser Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD, Clinton, MD, Oxon Hill MDMarch 7, 2016
Work schedule can vary. Challenge is to keep the departments neat and not get in the way of customers shopping. Large territory to cover, from Upper Marlboro MD, to Washington, DC.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Required installations, and inventory audits.
A place to grow
Sales Associate II (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJMarch 3, 2016
During my time at Hallmark, I learned a lot about myself. There were certain jobs I didn't think I would enjoy doing but it turns out I found new favorite things to do. I have definitely grown to be a better woman because of the opportunity I had as being an Assistant Manager for a little over 9 years. Hallmark Cards INC sadly decided to cut all Assistant Manager positions. I had a choice, to leave or to stay, I chose to stay as a Sales Associate II. I am a key holder but with out full management capabilities. Hallmark is a great company to work for. I gave 4 stars because no company is perfect but they truly are compassionate.
Decent place to work, but future is very uncertain
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2016
Digital poses challenges for growth in core category (cards), which the company is desperately struggling to overcome. Leadership seems unwilling to make a meaningful run at digital and/or significant investments in any new category that could have potential to stem continued loss of consumers and brand relevance...it seems they're unable to focus on future direction, and are also unwilling to risk short-term financial loss for long-term gains to help determine what that direction may even be. While the brand is well-loved, it's also often constrained by what it stands for and there is some rigidity around how far they're willing to stretch it.
Pros
Good work/life balance; very good compensation.
Cons
Lack of bold leadership, paralysis by analysis, dwindling brand relevance, regular restructuring and layoffs over the last handful of years.
Relaxing job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 17, 2016
This job has flexible hours. Relaxing job. Work independently with little supervision. Great for stay at home mom or someone who want to work part time.

Want to know more about Hallmark?

Ask a question
Great place to work at!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLFebruary 17, 2016
The people there were absolutely amazing! Everyone worked hard and got things done in a timely fashion. Even though it was only seasonal they did not treat me like someone who was going to be in and out, they treated me like they treated their permanent workers, like a family! The customers would have to be the best part of the job, cause some of the greatest people I've ever met were customers and the people that shopped there were typically regulars so within the 3 months I worked there I really got to know a lot of people! The hardest part was probably putting away single cards, cause there was SO many it was extremely hard to find where a card that someone left or misplaced belonged, especially at such a busy time of the year, because you didn't know if that was the last card or if there was a whole set of them somewhere in that huge card selection!!
Pros
employee discounts, there and at food places around it
Cons
it was temporary
Nice to have flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Nice to have flexible hours. I have good relationships with store managers.
Current manager is inexessable for problems.
Hardest part is reworking planogram for product sent.
Co workers give possitive feedback
most enjoyable part of job is seeing all product areas filled and looking good
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working before and after holidays
Fast pase job with good benifites and a great working enviornment
Retail Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 13, 2016
this job is very fast passed and requires a great amount of attention to detail throughout your entire day. you must keep a consistent passe for you have a quota that you have to make every night. as long as you stay focused and do what you got to do here this job is a breeze.
work alone, must be self motivated
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2016
company does not care about employees. Company has bad attitude and does not value their employees. Has attitude of "you can be replaced". You work your butt off and management gets the rewards.
Pros
as long as you go in by a certain time, you can kind of work around your time schedule.
Cons
no bonuses or incentives. minimal raises 10-25cent any hour yearly, if.
Creative displays and good coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAFebruary 1, 2016
On a typical day I would open the store vacuum, put out matts and setup register. Open shipping department and commence sales. I would up sale as much as possible. We had different departments such as office supplies, gift, cards, wrapping, and shipping I was in charge of overseeing all of these. We had free gift wrapping. I learned how to box and ship packages, order supplies on a set budget, conduct sales, fax and gift wrap. I also learned how to train and assign tasks to associates. I enjoyed the people I worked with however our store owner lived in a different state and so management was inconsistant. However they were all really nice people to work with. The hardest part of my job was the slow foot traffic. The most enjoyable part was gift wrapping and decorating the store.
love working at various locations
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Good place to work. I service my territory and love replenishing and setting up seasonal products. Keeping my products up to date and looking amazing! I haved learned so much , its hard to explain all of it
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2016
Very laid back and nice place to work everyday. Dress code is casual. Learned a lot about Hallmark and had great co-workers.
Good companies to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I like doing this job. It was very enjoyable helping people find that special card or giving them that good idea for a card. Work went fast. I like to be kept busy.
Pros
You worked by yourself
Cons
Travelling to too many stores at Holiday rush
Ace operator
support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KsJanuary 25, 2016
Work there kept one busy and the people there were mostly friendly and easily to get along with.
the only hard part of the job is when the turnover between jobs is short and you have to have one job ready right behind the other.
Great place
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Very flexible place to work. Easy work to complete everyday. Would b a perfect job for moms because of it being so flexible.The hardest part of the job would be not getting enough hours on the off seasons. But during big holidays the hours are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.