Hallmark Employee Reviews

Great job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 20, 2016
It was a fun place to work, I made my own schedule, I learned about merchandising. management was great, co-workers were supportive, I was a seasonal part time position which I enjoyed.
Providing excellent products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 19, 2016
My favorite thing about my job was meeting new people and helping them find the correct gift.The hours were unreliable.I was always there alone which was lonely.
Pros
Lunch free
Horrible place to work
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 19, 2016
This job is basically a coffin for people who want to waste there lives in a warehouse with no real joy other then the occasional joke from a co-worker. It is a grim setting and would not recommenced employment in a warehouse, unless they really compensate you for your work.
Nice people, no growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 22, 2016
The nicest people work here. It will feel like family. However, they have been quietly downsizing for the past 10 years. There is little room for advancement and even less job security.
Pros
nice people, compensation
Cons
job security, advancement
Work alone.
Field Operator/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MONovember 29, 2016
Organize shelves and gift bags, order new product, get the product from the back room. Work by yourself with keeping the ale clean and straightened and stocked with merchandise.
Job descrption
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNFebruary 15, 2017
Did stocking, inventory, open and close the store, customer service.

I pretty much was in the store by myself and the hours were ok.
Pros
self manage the storre
Cons
Pay was not up to the wage
Fun to work at, nice customers
Busser (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 29, 2016
At first it was very frustrating because it was my first time working but after awhile i got used to it, I started to enjoy coming even though I was tired it started to be a daily routine for me
Pros
Free drinks and food when shift is over
Cons
Short to no breaks on shift
Enjoyable work environment.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Overall a low stress environment, a wonderful customer base and a cooperate office that is easy to deal with. Systems are archaic, and policies feel dated.
slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 19, 2016
not alot of customers walk in during the week days, gets busy during the weekends//afternoon.
Clock in, Walk around the store make sure all merchandise is nicely put away and ask customers if they need some assistant
Pros
very easy job
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work at
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great customer service orientation. Great company to work for. good incentives for managers. not much opportunities for advancement.
Great company with reactive security practices
Control Center Operator - Security Operations (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Hallmark Cards is not what it used to be by far. Don't get me wrong it was a great place to work up until they froze my pay and added more responsibilities. Hallmark takes no proactive measures to ensure employee safety. They only put policies into place after something happens. The security staff at Hallmark were all professionals when I left with many part time retired police officers and state patrolmen on staff. Security management had all these professional law enforcement minds with years of experience to tap for ideas and never did. Security management now is a joke. An Engineer has no business leading the security department. He could barely do his job when hallmark fired the existing security manager and made him the security manager.

So glad I left. Now they are hiring people with no security experience at all and the whole department has gone to pot. The few people that were there when I was hate their jobs and are just holding on for the retirement benefits. Really sad!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Don't take security seriously
enjoyable
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, NYSeptember 26, 2016
I have nothing bad to say, I enjoy working for Hallmark, they have been very good to work for, I work steady placing all orders, making the area full and neat, Helping customers find the card they are looking for can be fun.
Nice first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed it. It was slow paced and easy going. The customers, on average, tend to be older people and predominantly women. It was a pleasant first job.
Pros
Slow pace
Cons
Slow pace
Gratifying work, flexible schedule, not the best paying
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at work involves
-unpacking and putting out shipment
-setting displays
-A LOT of customer interaction
-checking customers out
-dusting/straightening

I have learned
-patience
-customer service skills
-overall communication skills
-you can't please everyone ( however, the ones you ARE able to please, can be very appreciative and it feels great!)

The hardest part of the job is when a customer is dissatisfied and there is little you can do as a sales associate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your customers (sometimes even on a personal level) and being able to help them find that perfect gift/card. Really, customer service/interaction is the main focus at Hallmark. We do the best to make every connection meaningful, and when that is accomplished (in a positive way, of course),it is extremely gratifying.

Overall, I love working for Hallmark.
Pros
Flexible schedules, gratifying
Cons
Salary
Great part time job.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2016
Hallmark is a fun place to work.
Everyone is willing to help.
Everyone is very friendly.
You manage your own time.
You monitor yourself most of the time.
nice company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 15, 2016
nice company, good coworkers, hardest part was keeping the department straight in the store, enjoyable part was seeing the new products everyday.
Can be fun and competitive
Designer 2 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 14, 2016
It's definitely a corporation that unfortunately moves slowly and the most productive and creative ideas cannot be elevated to the top brass.
welcoming community
Stock Clerk and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYAugust 16, 2016
worked Saturday and sunday. learned to speak more and welcome people and make them feel welcomed and comfortable. hard part of the job, was listening to three people at once.
Pros
food choice near by
Cons
having three poeple in charge
Flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 29, 2016
Great work and life balance. Co workers are very cooperative and helpful. I learned to work independently, following instructions sent by email. Took part in installation and revision.
Pros
flexible hours, no work on holidays
Cons
not enough hours when the season is over
Fun, Relaxing Working Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 7, 2016
The best part og my job is meeting the needs of the customers and making a Hallmark moment with them. Loved to see the inventory that would come in all the time, especially through the holidays. Christmas was the hardest time of the season but there was not anything I couldn't tackle and come out on top of. Would do it all over again!
Pros
Perfect Hours, Wonderful Employees
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.