Hallmark Employee Reviews in United States

Front end Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2016
In company my role was the Ui developer , i did the company web pages and i used HTML,CSS, JAVA SCRIPT ,ANGULAR JS AND ALL ,Also we used boostrape ,
Great place
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Very flexible place to work. Easy work to complete everyday. Would b a perfect job for moms because of it being so flexible.The hardest part of the job would be not getting enough hours on the off seasons. But during big holidays the hours are great.
Good companies to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I like doing this job. It was very enjoyable helping people find that special card or giving them that good idea for a card. Work went fast. I like to be kept busy.
Pros
You worked by yourself
Cons
Travelling to too many stores at Holiday rush
Great people and product
Production Art Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 23, 2015
I loved working here. I had a strong sense of mission about what I was doing and what it meant to our consumers. The people I worked with were supportive and caring and skilled.
Pros
Kansas City is up and coming. it's afforadable with neat pockets of culture, food, and fun.
Cons
Hallmark must keep reinventing itself and find ways to be relevant.
productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
working here was very uninteresting I didn't learn much although the management was great but it was a lot of favoritism involved between the coworkers and managers. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
Pros
employee meetings
Cons
short breaks
love working at various locations
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Good place to work. I service my territory and love replenishing and setting up seasonal products. Keeping my products up to date and looking amazing! I haved learned so much , its hard to explain all of it
Ace operator
support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KsJanuary 25, 2016
Work there kept one busy and the people there were mostly friendly and easily to get along with.
the only hard part of the job is when the turnover between jobs is short and you have to have one job ready right behind the other.
Positive an ubeat work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 29, 2015
Working to the best of my ability. willing to learn what is taught to me. Managing my time wisely as I learn new tecniques. respect my fellow employess, just as I would want to be treated as well. If their is a lot of demand or responsibility on my part, learn how to deal with certain situations that may arise. An the rewarding part would be knowing that you gave it your best.
management
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 3, 2015
great place to work at. management are great at attending any problems you have or question you have. try to update on current situations on monthly basis. only downfall is shutting the company in enfield down and moving back to kansas city.
Pros
great benefits, willing to work with your schedules, pay is not bad.
Cons
if you cant walk for 8 or more hours a day this job is not for you
Not what it was
Editorial Director and Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2015
Hallmark has been struggling for a number of years. The creative staff is constantly asked to deliver against poorly planned strategies from management. When these programs fail, creative is usually let go while the management is promoted. Makes no sense.
Great people
Cashier, Sales (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2016
Very fair, wonderful people. Learned management skills, worked well with co workers. Hardest part was getting coverage when needed.
Great environment to work in
Administrative and HR assistant, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 16, 2015
In my over 11 years at this company before they closed I can say that I made lifelong friends. We all worked as a team together day in and day out. Too bad management would not let me grow to re-locate before they closed. I was very proficient at my job and he/she did not want me to leave and advance. Funny part is he/she did re-locate after the close.
Best job I was ever not quite suited for
WRITER/EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2015
I can say nothing bad about Hallmark. They treated their creatives well, they were generous with benefits and compensation, and I got to write greeting cards every day. If I hadn't wanted to go back to grad school--and if the greeting card industry hadn't started collapsing in the meantime--I might still be writing cards.
Relaxing job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 17, 2016
This job has flexible hours. Relaxing job. Work independently with little supervision. Great for stay at home mom or someone who want to work part time.
Never a boring moment!
Territory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile,ALOctober 15, 2015
I have worked for Hallmark for over two years. I started out as a retail merchandiser and then got promoted to territory supervisor. I have awesome managers! It is a stressful job as a territory supervisor. But never a dull moment! I hope to continue to be promoted and hopefully retire from this job.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
No benefits
Excellent
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 16, 2015
Awesome company to work for! Great people, easy to work with. The only complaint I have is the lack of directions for the corrugate displays...sometimes they are a challenge to figure out.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not much training
Productive and fun work place on the filling floor
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 14, 2015
Clock in to work at 2:00pm and end my shift at 10:30pm. I filled out orders in those 8 hours, walking 8-10 miles a day. Using hand and eye coordination while working around other employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Non-frequent scheduling, meaning overtime wasnt scheduled for the entire week (found out day by day)
Great people, No Job Security
Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2015
Was laid off from a wonderful career there. Hallmark used to be a family-run company who offered great job security to those who worked hard and made strong contributions. Sadly, a lack of vision and the inability to move swiftly in a digital world has left them hurting. You'll definitely enjoy your work and colleagues, just don't accept any salary increases or promotions, lest you end up on the chopping block. Oh, and don't get older, either.

Best parts of the job: making lifelong friends, having great opportunities to grow creatively (workshops, time away for research and renewal, etc.)
Worst parts: An overall climate of fear due to continual layoffs. Most of the amazing product concepts/ideas never see the light of day... artists have to deal with this disappointment regularly.
Pros
Fun coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
Risk-averse leadership, plenty of layoffs
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2016
Very laid back and nice place to work everyday. Dress code is casual. Learned a lot about Hallmark and had great co-workers.
Very fun place to work
Retail Represenative/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waukesha WIOctober 7, 2015
It is definitely a perk to make your own hours. You meet all kinds of people, although you need to be very organized and around holidays it's crazy busy! But, win-win, more hours more pay! I personally had excellent managers to work with.
Pros
Making the hours fit into your schedule.
Cons
could of been paid high wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.