Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 1,307 reviews matching the search
busy and productive work place. Always things to be done
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 2, 2017
I learned many things not just about the company but skills that I will use in every job I work. There were a good amount of different cultures that we came into contact with. The management wasn't great but I think that's what made the job the challenge that it was, we figured out how to get around problems on our own.
Pros
best co workers, breaks when you worked 5+ hours
Cons
management
Hallmark Job Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 2, 2017
Most days often required maintenance of the store when it was slow.

Typical sales associate objectives include reaching a pre-determined quota.

The culture is admirable for being fast-paced, yet somewhat relaxing.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks
Cons
No benefits
Very Temporary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 30, 2017
It was in the warehouse setting during the temporary season. Long days. Wasnt always rewarded as promised for working overtime and to be penalized for not completing quotas even if there was no more work available.
Amy's hallmark
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 29, 2017
I found being a store manager for Amy's Hallmark was beyond stressful. Not only where the numbers unrealistic but the floor sets were so unclear. District managers were never happy even if you follow their guidelines. The workload was Unreal with no hours to use to help get things done. Brakes for far and few between.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Everything else
hallmark
Territory merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 28, 2017
it was a great company my manager just wasn't very professional.
you can make your own schedule and hours. the only times it was stressful was major holidays.
Pros
make your own schedule
Fun work enjoyed
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJuly 26, 2017
Loved working for hallmark always busy quick paced of course I love stockind recieving and inventory. I really enjoyed the customers who asked for help in the cards always pleasant it seemed
Pros
I liked it all
Cons
Holiday work
If I had to do this over again I would run, run, run from this job posting.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2017
I don't have anything to really say about Hallmark except it was not what I expected from this chain of companies. Hallmark should invest more in the employee. We work hard and travel very far, sometimes to get to the assigned store or stores. They should have a better training and over all concern for employees.
Pros
I have to say that this job is not at all like the posting
Cons
No benefits hardly any hours
NIce company to work for
Vendor at Walmart (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for Hallmark as a vendor; during typical days and weeks. I could always count on my manager to answer any questions or problems I had. The biggest disadvantage of the position is Walmart doesn't always support the things, or the days Hallmark would like things done.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A lot of hours during holidays
Productive and fun
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
Great work environment, and the work is fairly easy to catch on to. Each day went quick, having a full work day. You are always busy doing something while working, the environment is relaxed along with fun and laid back.
Pros
Opportunity for alot of hours
Cons
12 work days
Good Job but..
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 24, 2017
I worked for 3 years there. I loved the work I did and being a part of the team. I met new people and the time in which to do service was flexible.
They expected you to do a lot of projects in a short amount of time to do them. And if that isn't bad, most of my stores were every other week. It is hard to stay on top of whats going on if you aren't there on a regular basis. Plus, pay is so small that it is not enough to live on unless you have another part time job.
Management, at least where I was it may be different elsewhere, treats you like you don't matter at times and only care about covering their butts.
Pros
Flexible, easy work, and enjoyed meeting new people
Cons
Very little pay, work every other wk not enough hrs.
very fun place to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 24, 2017
I loved working at Hallmark. I was only part time in the evenings but I enjoyed it. I cleaned shelves, restocked, helped customers and ran a register I really liked working at Christmas we would get a lot of orders in for the ornaments I stopped working there because they closed the store
Great part time employment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 24, 2017
Hallmark was an awesome part time experience. You set your own hours (except holidays) ,which was nice. You were pretty much your own boss. Only time management would call you or see you was if something was wrong.
Pros
Great set hours
Cons
no benefits
Great manager, easy job
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAJuly 24, 2017
It's Hallmark - as retail jobs go, this one is pretty easy. The typical customer is much more friendly than other retail establishments I have worked. Had a tremendous manager, which made it easier. Would like to see Hallmark invest more into its website and greater integrate its store communications software.
Flexible and Supportive Working Enviroment
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJuly 24, 2017
Hallmark is an enjoyable company to be employed with. I liked the position a lot. The hours in the Retail Merchandiser position were flexible, within contract limits. Some weeks you get a lot of hours, other weeks the minimum. Great for a student, retired or homemaker. Opportunities for more hours are often available. With the merchandiser position, a personal, dependable vehicle is a must. Territories can be one account or up to six accounts.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Communication
Flexible Schedule
Retail Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2017
A typical day at work is stocking merchandise.

I learned how to organize merchandise efficiently.

Managers entrust their employees to keep card and gift wrap department retail ready without direct supervision.

Workplace culture is in a retail environment.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with seasonal products.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers.
Pros
On a flexible work schedule
Cons
Part-time work only - no benefits
Hallmark provided a nice environment to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hallmark. Even though it was a part time job for me there were opportunities to change my schedule ( number of hours I worked each week and the days) which was best for me since it provided me with the flexibility to be involved in my children's lives while they were young. All of the employees there got along with one another. Which made it a pleasant environment to work in.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule while my children were young.
Easy job but provided little hours to work
MD (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64141July 23, 2017
Pretty easy to learn refreshing product for cards and gift bags. For the most part a fun job to have and flexible hours. The toughest times of the year are Valentines Day and Mothers Day. Cleaning up after customers took longer than the hours given to due the job in a very busy Walmart. This location was one of the top 5 selling Hallmark product in all of Maryland.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Not enough hours given
Job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 22, 2017
Low pay, NO advancement, Management uses hours from my store for others in here area. They think summer is slower so they cut hours. Might be slower in other pats of the country but not a my store. I really enjoy what I do
Pros
love what i do
Cons
very low pay and hours
Sales Associate
Sales Associate, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 21, 2017
It is a different world when working in retail. One always has to put their best foot forward when on the sales floor and while on the phone helping customers meet their needs.
Management not the best. Low pay.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ALJuly 20, 2017
Nice job, maybe a career if you get a supervisor role. I liked the flexibility especially when you have kids, holidays were tough that's when you really earned your paycheck.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Pay!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.