Halloween City Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2017
a fun work place . employees are fun to be around . the day goes by fast when having fun. and that's everyday. company is great wish it was a year round store.
n/a
Retail Sales Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 17, 2017
no opinion to review. why do u want to know so much. it was a great company. ok. that is it. nothing else to say.managment great to work with. great temporary job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Seasonal job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAOctober 16, 2017
I never thought i would work somewhere where they had us hot glue products back together and sell them at full price right in front of our customers. Very un-professional and stressful
Fun for Halloween
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 14, 2017
Typical retail job, cashier, sales, best to have experience. Available 20 hours a week, getting up to 8hrs a week, there are too many employees, not enough hours, only management is getting hours. Unprofessional managers swearing when talking to fellow workers in front of customers. Temporary job but I could have spent time elsewhere actually working.
Pros
Temporary, discount, location
Cons
hours, management
Productive,fun to work there
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was stocking if needed,running the cash register, and attending the dressing room.I learned how to use and run the cash register, stock the costumes, and how to run the dressing room. Usually the culture was fun to be around during the Halloween season. The most enjoyable part of work was working during my favorite season of the year.
It's fun you get to wear the costumes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 12, 2017
It's a great work place if you like halloween get to meet new people. You have to customer service, clean, stock the items back on the shelves.The hardest part is after the day you going to clean the hole store.
Pros
You get to wear the costume in the store
Cons
Everything is on the floor
Awesome
Floor Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 9, 2017
I love working here and want to come back next year. I love the crew, including the manager and assistant manager. They are really nice to you and very funny. I feel like I can connect with them very easily. There are just to many awesome things about this place to type it all.
Relaxed work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 4, 2017
It is an easy job, not a lot of customers come in the store and there is not a lot to clean up. Most of the job is just pushing stock and talking to your coworkers.
Pros
free time
Cons
short shifts
It was fast paced and the environment was good.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at work would include watching the dressing rooms, pick up items that fell on the floor and put them in their right spot, look in the back for other costumes for customers, take phone calls and answer the customers questions, and do cash register. I learned how to work retail and interact with customers more. The hardest part of the job would be if several customers needed assistance and you had to help all of them at once. Another hard part would be to make sure nothing gets stolen. I really liked this job because to me i love working retail. I like face paced jobs that make me multitask in order to get everything done.
Awesome
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Best place ever. Who doesn't love costumes and decorations and making people scared. With a doubt best job ever I always go back when I'm able to. Halloween rules
Its A Temp Position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 20, 2017
Go into it not expecting much and you wont be disappointed. Easy "interview" process and if you love Halloween its a cool job. Better to work there if you already have experience in retail since the training is relatively minimal. If you want some extra cash and an employee discount its a great temp job.
crestivity and productive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 13, 2017
my days at Halloween city were amazing. Lots of group projects in building racks for merchandise and a lot of creativity. Team work all around. Very positive vibes and worked with my schedule of working two jobs
Temp job
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping customers find that costume they wanted to celebrate Halloween. Especially, when you helped the kids because they get so excited!
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Temp job
Fun work place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92392September 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Halloween City, it easy and fun. Most importantly is to keep it clean. I've learn that you have to work fast and help others customers when they need help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Fun, Imaginative job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  moves aroundSeptember 12, 2017
If you love Halloween, this is a great side job. Helping people find costumes in stock is all good, but the real joy is when some one come in with a costume idea we don't have. You get to find creative ways to make their idea with what you have and really get to talking with them. It is a seasonal job and it's still retail so there are negative people that will stick, but you have great coworkers and great managers that have your back and will pick you back up.
Pros
Halloween, flex imagination, great coworkers
Cons
stand all day, seasonal
great for short term employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 8, 2017
its a fun fast-paced environment to work. Associates usually really nice to work with. Employee discounts offered. hours are flexible, works well if looking for temporary employment.
Pros
fast-paced, fun, discounts
Cons
limited modes of communication, temporary employment
Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CASeptember 6, 2017
As a Halloween City customer service associate I assisted customers making purchases, finding special orders, and selecting appropriate accessories. I was trained to ascertain customer desires through inquiry, pulling multiple options, and listening to patron suggestions. My job duties were assisting clients with the cash register, helping throughout the floor, dressing room and working in the stock room.
Hardest part of a job is keep things organize.
Pros
cool costumes
Cons
N/a
productive and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 5, 2017
It was a successful combination of extra hands on deck and fast paced sales. i liked selling the costumes for halloween because it is my favorite time of the year.
awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 3, 2017
fun and good place to work at during Halloween. it's steady work place and fast paced as well.managers there were awesome to work for and very exciting to meet new people and interact with new faces.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYAugust 31, 2017
The boss was awesome and the hours were super flexible. If you wanted to work you could. Wasn't strict. Felt more like a summer project rather than a job.
Pros
Flexibly
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2