Halloween City Employer Reviews

Excellent Work Environment and Dedicated Fellow Employees
Market Manager - Dayton Market (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: seasonal employment - no benefits
2 Positions within Company - Market Manager and Site Manager
As a Market Manager you are working 7 days a week from prior to opening and until well after closing during the temporary sales season. Prior to the actual opening of your locations you are researching locations for temporary stores, completing permitting, laying out store plans, scheduling – more... store set up and recruiting for staff. The actual phyical opening of the stores required you to build out store in the layout you pre-determined, physically unload your "store in a box" from the semi, process your merchandise, place all your marketing graphics and the merchandise the locations based on company stardards. Once stores are open your on the road daily traveling store to store to check on staffing, merchandisine standards, providing support to GM's, making certain that customer service standards are adhered to and checking inventory levels. At end of season this position required you to inventory every location under your control, pack-up seasonal freight, tear down temporary store location and physically load your "store in a box" back into the semi.
New position that has been created within the company this year is that of a Site Manager - The company is trying to eliminate 2 steps that the Market Manager and GM's had to complete prior to opening locations - Thus having store open for business earlier in the sales season. As a Site Manager we are checking all merchandise for pricing and packaging standard and organizing all freight by department for easier merchandising upon store set-up. My crew unloads each semi of all merchandise (anywhere from 15k to 39k units per semi) checks each piece for correct pricing and packaging, removes from store inventory any damages and then repacks by departement. We also balance out the fixtures and store supplies on each semi to ensure that the stores have the needed equiptment to build out the location.
With both positions the staffing, both my supervisors and my associates have been the most enjoyable part of the job. It is very hard physical work, but we all enjoy the company and completing the job in a timely fashion – less
Fun
Cashier/Sales (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Matteson, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: positive attitudes
Working at Halloween City was very fun we were able to wear costumes around the store , see our manager try to be scary and funny, and help customers pick out things.There were so many enjoyable times in that store.
Fun Workplace
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: fun, relaxed, casual environment
Cons: temporary, pay
Awesome place to work. It is fun and exciting! I guarantee you will enjoy it.
Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, COJune 25, 2014
It was awesome to get o work in a Halloween store and help people create their own style of Halloween costumes. It was cool to work with the customers just to see their face when you gave them helpful tips on how they cold do their makeup or what would look good with what. It was amazing to see the kids smiling faces when they walked in the door.
Halloween is crazy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), WestchesterJune 17, 2014
A typical day of work was not so typical at all. I could be inside the store stacking shelves or helping customers, or outside in a Gumby costume waving at cars.
A Great Seasonaly Job.
General Manager (Former Employee), Newton, NJJune 15, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: low pay
Fast Paced Busy couple weeks before Halloween. Great to work with interesting and fun product.s
Seasonal Work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJune 11, 2014
Really fun place to work.
not for everyone, the job is also seasonal
best job ever
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canton, MIJune 3, 2014
I loved everything about the job and the company even though it's seasonal I have gone back every year and moved up in pay and position.
Optimistic environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
-Excellent practice of customer service
-ability to educated customers on merchandise
Productive, fun workplace that I was sad to see go.
Temp. Sales Representative (Former Employee), Redding, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers, decent hours, caring and responsible management.
Cons: temporary position
A typical day at work started by clocking in with a pin code and fingerprint scanner. Then we started right in with stocking and organizing displays, as customers entered we would greet them and offer our help if they had any questions or needed assistance. We would also manage fitting rooms for customers who wanted to try their costumes on before purchasing. – more... After the doors closed at the end of the day, management would count out our registers as well as the safe. Then they would either appoint one of the assistant managers or myself to escort them to the bank for a scheduled end of day money deposit. The management and coworkers were some of the friendliest people I have ever worked with. They were also very responsible and each one kept to their tasks diligently. The hardest part of the job was actually organizing the displays because the store manager was very particular, but the most enjoyable was helping customers get their perfect costumes and accessories especially since we were trained to be knowledgeable about our products and we could see them leave completely satisfied. – less
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: costumes
It is a very simplistic job where you stock and make sure the product are placed in their proper position as well greet the customers and assist them.
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 27, 2014
Hire fast, fire faster. Regional management is confusion and place stress on local management and employees.
But it can be a fun place to work.
tempory store
Manager (Former Employee), Hermitage, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: dms and rms worked with me in all areas
Cons: long hr at the end of season
I managed this tempory store for 4 seasons, the company was great to work for the DMs and RMs where very helpful in everyway. I hired and trained the complete staff. The store didn't open in Hermitage in 2013 and there were no other opening in the area for this company.
Great Place
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2014
Awesome experience, good workers, good feel and overall great environment.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mt Pleasant, WIMarch 14, 2014
Great staff, enjoyable work surroundings. Daily routines include cash handling, stock, cleaning
Great overall workplace that really got into the spirit
Team Member (Former Employee), North Plainfield, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: lunch, conversations, 50% off costumes
Extremely fun time at work every time I went incredible staff incredible selection of apparel for the month of October
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 5, 2014
great fun place to work at for anyone that loves Halloween and loves customer service
love it
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: seasonal
most favorite job ever.loved atmosphere.just wish was a fulltime perm job.
Hostile manager, most part fun job
Stocking/Cashier/Seasonal (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: seasonal
A typical day was not too busy and not too slow, helping customers was very easy. I learned how to talk to customers and how to sell them certain merchandise. My coworkers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was selling the "big" items. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and just being there to be helpful.
Fun and energetic place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLFebruary 19, 2014
I LOVED working at Halloween City. Especially since it's my favorite time of year. It was wonderful for me to use my creativity and give input on costumes and help everyone out.

1 2 3 4 5