Halloween City Employee Reviews

fun and exciting place to work
Executive Assistant Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 24, 2017
although a seasonal position, this is a fun environment to work in--if your holiday is Halloween. Friendly environment, ability to assist customers with decorations and costume selections
Nice and friendly staff and managers
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 22, 2017
Even for working just for a seasonal it was all in one package with having Halloween the best time to anyone to be who they want to be and also how they want to be. Staff members and customers enjoyed they time
Pros
discounts
Cons
closed after the season
Fun but short lived
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2017
Its a very fun environment to work in. The only down side is the fact that most of this company's locations close down after the Halloween season is over. It's a great place to work at.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
not a stable job
Friendly and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 16, 2017
A typical day at work is maintaining a good environment while greeting and helping customers. Greeting the customer with a nice smile as you ask if they found everything while at the cashier helps ensure good customer service. Working at Halloween City was a good experience that I am happy to have, I learned how to maintain a cash register, stock, inventory and work on my customer service. Although the cashiering was fun, it was also one of the hard parts of the jobs for me. It was my first job and I feared that I would mess up and not satisfy the customers. However, whenever I felt that way my manager always smiled and was there for me and push me through it and eventually it became easier to cashier. Working there was a good experience for me as an individual I have learned many things and overcome things. The smiles on the customers faces as you realize that you helped make that smile happen by helping and talking to the customers; that perhaps was probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very fun place to work
Cashier/Greeter/In Charge Of Dressing Room (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. Not only is it fun and you can dress up in costumes but the costumers are usually pretty average on their moods and purchaches. Very fun place to work. Especially if you're a lover of Halloween. I highly recommend.
Pros
10$ a hour. Get to dress up in costumes. 20 minute lunch breaks.
Cons
Non free lunches.
Productive and fun work place
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 14, 2017
I learned to handle money and work cashier at this job. Also I learned how to appropriately assist costumers, and how to maintain professional relationships with co-workers.
Fun place to work, Great management, always exciting.
CASHIER/INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJuly 11, 2017
I had a great time working for them. Store management was great. The higher ups weren't helpful when it came to questions. I had a blast helping kids and adults put together their costume, ideas for a costume and decorating ideas/tips.
Pros
Fun, Never dull
Cons
Usually screaming kids because they get scared.
Quick, Customers, Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 8, 2017
I enjoyed this place of employment, it was a good first job. It was fast paced but it taught me a lot about customer service and how to be quick on my feet. I learned how to do things quickly with accuracy.
Pros
Nice management, close to my house
Cons
Short breaks, didn't pay me for overtime
Fun environment, Nice setup
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNJuly 7, 2017
The environment is professional yet enjoyable.
The management is friendly, conversational, and well-trained. The interior, though frightening, is very welcoming.
Pros
Good prices, good discounts, friendly workplace
Cons
Temporary work
I loved this place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2017
Very in spirit to the season.
Co workers were amazing,managers were amazing.
It was a great fun job to have.
Would definitely recommend it for future job opportunities.
And if the store reopend this year,I'd be first in line for an application!
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Temporary but gratifying work.
Changing Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 1, 2017
During the short time I spent at Halloween City, I had a pretty O.K time. As changing room attendant, I was given a lot of busy work along with supervising the work area and shoe wall near by. There were a few dull moments, as with any job, but for the most part I stayed on my toes.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2017
Short hours/temporary job. Staff very friendly. Fun to entertain customers. Dress up in different costumes. Help the kids find the characters they like.
Pros
Good breaks and easy work
Cons
Only a temp job til november
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal position) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CA 94801June 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with customers. It was enjoyable helping others finding there needs and wants. Management was awesome!
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJune 28, 2017
It's a great temporary job for extra money. You can move up and work at Party City permanently. Working here has expand my skills. I would work here again.
fun seasonal job
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 28, 2017
fun seasonal job to have not enough hours and the people are lazy .................................................................................................................. as long as you stay busy its okay not a company i would work for again the manager was selling drugs from the dressing rooms
Pros
discounts
Cons
lazy coworkers
Excellent
Cashier/Sales/loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 26, 2017
A great place to start, I was 15 when I had my first job with their competitor and I sought out seasonal retail ever since. This type of placement is great in learning how to work with a team, store presentation, and assisting difficult guest's needs such as school dress codes. I was always good with the managers in that I volunteered to do the taks that 'nobody' likes such as dressing room and aisle clean-up.
Pros
First pick of favorite items
Cons
Gets messy, but after all that's why they pay you!
Fun place to be at
temporary/part time sale floor associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2017
Note: I worked at a temporary location that was strictly Halloween City, not Party City. I loved working there, due to my age I was technically not allowed to move up at all, which I did not mind. I loved being on the floor and helping people find costumes and accessories. I felt like such a valued team member that my input was not only heard, but we actually did some of what I suggested. We were also allowed to wear costumes while working so long it was appropriate, who wouldn't want to do that?
Pros
Fun place, balanced days
Cons
Limited time to work
Great environment
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 23, 2017
For my first job it was a great experience, with helpful management. Job requires a lot of standing as you will assist guest when available or maintaining the store.
Great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJune 15, 2017
Super fun place to work for a seasonal job. People are friendly and very helpful. If looking for a first time cashier job this would be a good place to go to.
Fun environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Halloween City. The management was so nice and understandable with school. I love working here because the coworkers were nice and it had great music and good energy.
Pros
Great management and fun environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2