Halloween City

Halloween City Employer Reviews

a very fun place to work n show how creative you can be
Executive Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Opening and closing store.
Took in inventory and transfers of exports.
Sales, money drops and headed other employees for better profitability.
Customer service
Set up the other stores
my co-workers are nice
setting up the store and taking it down
being able to dress up in costumes for work
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, open communication, work ethic
Cons: district manager, short hours, surroundings
Halloween City, the sister store to Party City, is a fun filled work environment that sells Costumes and accessories to customers. Although small inventory, no customer has ever had a complaint with our stock or staff. If there was an issue, I blame the District Manager, not the in-store staff. Our DM was very new to his position and could not handle his duties resulting in a payroll that was a week behind schedule and much inconvenience to his employees. One out of many incidents, I quit my position earlier than the ending season.
Good Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Good People, good employees, good staff, perfect seasonal job and a great place to get the basics in everyday places of employment.
halloween
Manager (Former Employee), Newington, CTFebruary 19, 2015
seasonal job. hard work to manage a store but works out at the end. the best part to make the custimers happy. alot of room to move up.
Retail,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: pay
Got to meet new people, fun place to work, especially around holidays, The pay is on the low end but a nice 2nd job or extra money job,
Fun place to work with an excellent team!
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great company (co-workers)
By far this has been my favorite job because we all worked as a team to get things done. Everyone was very friendly, outgoing, and respectful!
Fun Halloween Job
General Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: seasonal
Cons: lack of breaks, no great training
The job itself was a little daunting with no professional training but I did figure it out pretty much myself. I'm very hands on and they didn't offer training till the season was almost over. So i never knew if I was doing a correct job or not. I learned that management is not an easy job and takes work to get it right, takes patience and a lot of energy. The hardest part of the job was being on call all the time. No breaks or days off really.
Exciting work opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bowie MDJanuary 14, 2015
Toughest part was building and tearing down new locations at begginning and end of season
Friendly and fun environment where you get to wear costumes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: can wear costumes and a good retail experience.
Cons: minimum wadge and expensive costumes.
You spend a long time on your feet but everyone is very laid back. Sometimes you get managers that have no idea what they are doing but for the most part they are very helpful and keep the craziness of the store to a minimal.
Productive and fun workplace with great upper managment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great upper management, high energy, always kept busy with one thing or another, etc.
I often opened the store more than I closed it, which meant turning on all the lights, balancing and opening cash registers, checking all animatronics and inflating all inflatables and setting up all stations for the day. Upper management was very understand and flexible when need be and in return, I was the first to volunteer for extra hours that needed picked up or busy days where other were needed to come in early. I loved being able to help costumers either find their costume or put it together, and even did costume make-up for tips Halloween night after a certain employee promised multiple people of such and then quit and began threatening the store and everyone in it. This employee incident also lead to plenty of police contact that myself and main management handled often to keep our store and employee's safe. Crowds got CRAZY the closer it got to the holiday and there was often entire days in a row where I was literally running back and forth across the store non-stop making sure to help and and every customer. It was a lot of hard work but the best working experience I have ever had <3
Excellent Temporary Position
General Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced enviornment
Cons: temporary
Halloween City is an excellent temporary company to work for. My Market Manager provided excellent resources, yet allowed me the leverage to run my store in the most effective way possible.
Fun but was only seasonal
Stocker (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it was a learning experience
Cons: it was only for a short time
Worked for roughly 3 weeks as a seasonal employee for a temporary store as a stocker. Learned how to work fast while, stocking according to planogrms, answering customer questions and communicating with fellow employees.
Everyone Working Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: pizza on saturdays, the best co-workers
Cons: short breaks
It' was a great work place got along with customers my co workers and manager very great first retail job ever
Loved management as well as the guest
Customer Service (Former Employee), Doral, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: everyone was always so nice
Cons: living on tips is not easy
On any given shift I would fold napkins and polish silver wear.
Serve tables and the bar.
Take ordered then expo dishes on to the floor.
Cleaning.
Halloween City
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Billerica, MADecember 12, 2014
a good seasonal job that i gained manager experience in. Learned how to schedule people, and pay them in retail.net. Loved working with my employees to make the store a better store.
Fun work environment. Very enjoyable seasonal employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Logan, UTDecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun! got to interact with the customers often.
Cons: seasonal. no full time possitions
Seasonal Employment. Fun "out of the box" job, with fun co-workers. Higher management were good and professional, but the lower management seemed to be untrained & sometimes even unqualified. My co-workers were fun and very enjoyable to be around! The hardest part of the job was the constant straightening up we had to do. Customers would pick up and look at or play with items, and then just put the item down anywhere in the store. We had to walk around almost on a constant basis and put the relocated items back where they belonged. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to dress up in different Halloween costumes every day! As a team we would plan a theme and all dress up a like. Halloween City really was an enjoyable place to be employed.
good job
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Beckley, WVDecember 3, 2014
company was awseome to work for wish it were a permanent job, and not a seasonal job. The company was for there employees, good pay and salries...
Very fun work environment!
Cashier (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: 40% store discount!
Cons: seasonal job :/
Customer serivce is a must and at Halloween City we delivered the best! Many of my co-oworkers were reliable and dependent we worked as a team to accomplish tasks big and small. Above all we had fun while working talking to customers, influencing them to try on costumes and combining creativity with productivity!
Got to dress up in costumes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Waycross, GADecember 1, 2014
Loved dressing up in costumes to help customers find their own.
Easy and fun seasonal store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IowaNovember 29, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic job
Cons: short breaks and common register errors
The first two weeks was spent setting up the store and once opened the typical day was spent assisting customers with purchases, returns and exchanges. This was my first retail job so I learned a lot about proper customer service skills from middle management. Management was the strongest part of store since it was seasonal and we had to really focus to get things up and running. All my coworkers at Halloween City were a lot of fun which helped with the nature of the store. The hardest part of the job was the huge sales in the week prior to Halloween. I mostly enjoy the fun oriented atmosphere.

1 2 3 4 5