Halloween City

Halloween City Employee Reviews

N/A
Sales (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 30, 2015
Pros: N/a
Cons: n/a
you all can ask this question in the interview.you all can ask this question in the interview.you all can ask this question in the interview.
typical day of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 30, 2015
everyday working at Halloween city was a fun adventure dealing with all the different costumes that you got to see and stock on the shelves, I always enjoyed each day that I had to work and always came in with a smile on my face
Didn't Work Here Long
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CaJuly 28, 2015
Only worked here for a few months in a seasonal position in a Halloween pop up store. The employees were fine the work was ok not too bad for my first job. Learned register, helped clean the store and assist the guests.
un
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 23, 2015
Exceptional interpersonal, customer service and ability to solve problems.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, identify and report on trends, maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, and build and promote strong relationships with students, faculty, and associates in all departments.
fair
Cashier (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 21, 2015
was a good job but didnt like the hours i liked it that it was on the bus and i liked helping customers the mangers waere nice and the pay wasnt that good
Productive and fun workplace where you can try on certain merchandise
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: gift cards for being a model employee
Cons: no benefits or raises
On a regular day I spend most of the time cleaning up after children because of there irresponsible parents allow them to grab whatever they want break it or tear it then just throw it on the floor and i just smile and clean up.I learned patience is a skill and organization is a must while working in a Halloween costume retail store and it also requires all the mental strength a person has because you see how much people do not care about things that do not belong to them.Well the management is not that great because they do not know how to take into consideration that a employee might know something that they do not about the store that the manager is new at and the employee has been at for 2 years at that time. Co-workers are the best part of the job, they know how you feel whether they are working the cash register, working in the backroom, or the fitting rooms. They see how ignorant some of the customers are with trying to steal breaking stuff and being oblivious to how horrible there children are being. The hardest part of the job is when it is a few days before Halloween everything gets crazy we run out of items that everybody seems to want, we stay with a line wrapped around the store for check out and fitting rooms, and half the merchandise it broken or missing parts because of someone stole it or there child broke it it's frustrating but that's where your patience becomes a skill. I would say the most fun we have is when we are closing for the year and we are taking down everything and any merchandise that is damaged we can take plus the manager bring lunch we just hangout and clean.
It was a really fun place to have a temporary job
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: nice managers
Cons: didnt get to work there long enough
Constantly keeping the stock on the walls as customers just left them on the ground.
It was a fun place to work, not stressful at all.
Fun atmosphere for college students
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee), Kinnelon, NJJuly 12, 2015
Fun atmosphere for college students. Good entry level retail experience for anyone who is trying to advance in retail.
Fun Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: The co-workers are friendly.
Cons: The mess after Halloween
A typical day is working the register and set up the store to look fun for the holiday. I gained experience working various jobs and the co-workers were awesome. They never had any other facial expression but a smile on their faces. The most enjoyable part is decorating the store the most hardest part is when Halloween gets closer and the store turns into a disaster.
Fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northglenn, COJuly 2, 2015
Management was awesome.
Coworkers were awesome.
I love Halloween so working here was a lot of fun.
I would definitely work here again.
My First Job
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: seeing different costume
Cons: my manager lack of passion for her employees
This was my first job,something that was suppose memorable, but was horrible. The typical day just consist of stocking no employee to employer communication. I learned nothing really, i wish she would of took the time to help me grow into to something better
A good place to work
Sales and Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MIJune 24, 2015
Greeted customers and assisted them with merchandise selections.
Stocked retail shelves and set up various advertising displays.
Assisted customers with product information
Exciting and full of magic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San BrunoJune 12, 2015
Pros: We get a discount on our peruses
Cons: Doesn't pay much
Opening the store was great and easy, I learned that everyone place a big role, in the stores money flow. If every ones is helping customer we are going to sell merchandise. My co- workers were great, they like selling and are very friendly to customer which in sells that's great why because our Customers are our money. The hard part is reading customer minds. It hard when they have many ideas and don't pick one. Customers satisfaction of course. Feeling the joy of the Customer when he/she find what they were looking for or even better we give them ideas.
Very Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts on everything.
Cons: nothing bad to say
GREAT first job!
Everyday you meet new customers asking for help about a costume, or how to use a prop, or how to decorate something.
I learned a lot about props, costumes, setting up displays, catching the eye of the customer hanging stuff in the aisles.
Management was awesome. Every year I went back because it is a very fun and exciting job.
The hardest part of this is you have to remember it's only seasonal.
Every part of this job was enjoyable!
fun work place
Salesman (Former Employee), Warren, MIMay 22, 2015
Pros: dressing up, discounts, fun people to work with
Cons: standing on feet, customers stealing
The hardest part was to watch everyone some teenagers would go in there and steal what ever they could get their hands on so i had to keep a eye on them.
Great Seasonal Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CTMay 22, 2015
Halloween City was one of the most fun jobs I had. My coworkers were wonderful and the job itself wasn't hard. It was typical retail, but being a specialty store keep it from being boring.
Fun family friendly environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun working envirnoment
Cons: Low pay
I loved working for Halloween City. I learned a lot from this job I learned a lot about different cultures. I loved helping everybody with finding Halloween costumes and decorations. I learned everybody has their own way of doing Halloween with their children. The first year of working at Halloween City the management was awesome. I become close friends with everybody from the works to the manager. I loved going to this job everyday and hated when I was off. The hardest party about the job was the breaking down of the store. After Halloween the store would still be open for a few days. Those last few days the employees start packing unsold items into a boxes and breaking down shelves. Nothing about the job was to hard to me though. I loved every minute of it. The most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and working with the public.
It was a seasonal job that help me find what I really want to focus on.
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day of work was normal in helping customer with purchase and finding the product they want. Keeping the store clean and free of trash. Placing and restocking products on the self so it can be found in the proper place.
fun atmosphere and a subject i know very much about
Executive Manager (Current Employee), peoria ilMay 8, 2015
When I got this job, everyone that knows me said it was like the mother ship calling me home. My employees like me because I'm fair as well as being able to run a tight ship. I have excellent customer service skills and when it comes to the halloween industry, I know lots of makeup tips to help the customer and I can up sell almost every sell.
hardest part of the job is when someone calls in and i can't find a replacement and the customers aren't getting the individual attention they need and possible have to wait in line longer than I like them have to. I have a few employees that have been there for 2 years or more that know the products and the store and they would be a great asset to have again this year.
what i learned
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: short breaks.
what I learned at Halloween city was, great costumer service always put the costumer first and be friendly. I also learned fast money counting and scheduling I learned how to listen to what exactly a costumer is asking for.

1 2 3 4 5