Halloween City Employee Reviews

Productive and laid back
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Productive place to work but at the same time was laid back. Management was decent. No room for advancement or raises. Seasonal job.
fun work inviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach Highlands, FLAugust 25, 2015
manager was really cool but was only a seasonal job, so didint work there for that long, i pretty much just put back what every customer would take out, sweep and make sure that if anyone needed help, id be there.
Customer Care
STOCK & INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Working with customers
Cons: Nothing
Even for working just for a seasonal it was all in one package with having Halloween the best time to anyone to be who they want to be and also how they want to be.
n/a
Sales Associate (SEASONAL) (Former Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHAugust 18, 2015
seasonal job. hands on experience with working with people. money management and customer service skills are gained. very exciting environment.
Great people to work with and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Fun, great hours
Cons: Seasonal job
Customer service is a must in the typical day. I worked the register. If it was slow, I would make sure the floor is tidy, restock, or assist customers at the fitting room. I learned that a smile does go a very long way. I also learned how to use the register. Management was great. They never belittled anyone and were fun to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. We never want to disappoint and we try to please everyone, but not everyone can be pleased. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how excited the kids would get when they try on their costumes.
Great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marion OhioAugust 3, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, dressing up in costume, work environment
Cons: smokers
The worker`s were great. We all got along. Everything was not broken. I would help customer`s find things they wanted. I waved a sign for advertisement.I ran the fitting rooms and checked shelves.
typical day of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 30, 2015
everyday working at Halloween city was a fun adventure dealing with all the different costumes that you got to see and stock on the shelves, I always enjoyed each day that I had to work and always came in with a smile on my face
Didn't Work Here Long
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CaJuly 28, 2015
Only worked here for a few months in a seasonal position in a Halloween pop up store. The employees were fine the work was ok not too bad for my first job. Learned register, helped clean the store and assist the guests.
un
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 23, 2015
Exceptional interpersonal, customer service and ability to solve problems.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, identify and report on trends, maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, and build and promote strong relationships with students, faculty, and associates in all departments.
fair
Cashier (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 21, 2015
was a good job but didnt like the hours i liked it that it was on the bus and i liked helping customers the mangers waere nice and the pay wasnt that good
Productive and fun workplace where you can try on certain merchandise
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: gift cards for being a model employee
Cons: no benefits or raises
On a regular day I spend most of the time cleaning up after children because of there irresponsible parents allow them to grab whatever they want break it or tear it then just throw it on the floor and i just smile and clean up.I learned patience is a skill and organization is a must while working in a Halloween costume retail store and it also requires all the mental strength a person has because you see how much people do not care about things that do not belong to them.Well the management is not that great because they do not know how to take into consideration that a employee might know something that they do not about the store that the manager is new at and the employee has been at for 2 years at that time. Co-workers are the best part of the job, they know how you feel whether they are working the cash register, working in the backroom, or the fitting rooms. They see how ignorant some of the customers are with trying to steal breaking stuff and being oblivious to how horrible there children are being. The hardest part of the job is when it is a few days before Halloween everything gets crazy we run out of items that everybody seems to want, we stay with a line wrapped around the store for check out and fitting rooms, and half the merchandise it broken or missing parts because of someone stole it or there child broke it it's frustrating but that's where your patience becomes a skill. I would say the most fun we have is when we are closing for the year and we are taking down everything and any merchandise that is damaged we can take plus the manager bring lunch we just hangout and clean.
It was a really fun place to have a temporary job
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: nice managers
Cons: didnt get to work there long enough
Constantly keeping the stock on the walls as customers just left them on the ground.
It was a fun place to work, not stressful at all.
Fun atmosphere for college students
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee), Kinnelon, NJJuly 12, 2015
Fun atmosphere for college students. Good entry level retail experience for anyone who is trying to advance in retail.
Fun Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: The co-workers are friendly.
Cons: The mess after Halloween
A typical day is working the register and set up the store to look fun for the holiday. I gained experience working various jobs and the co-workers were awesome. They never had any other facial expression but a smile on their faces. The most enjoyable part is decorating the store the most hardest part is when Halloween gets closer and the store turns into a disaster.
Fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northglenn, COJuly 2, 2015
Management was awesome.
Coworkers were awesome.
I love Halloween so working here was a lot of fun.
I would definitely work here again.
My First Job
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: seeing different costume
Cons: my manager lack of passion for her employees
This was my first job,something that was suppose memorable, but was horrible. The typical day just consist of stocking no employee to employer communication. I learned nothing really, i wish she would of took the time to help me grow into to something better
A good place to work
Sales and Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MIJune 24, 2015
Greeted customers and assisted them with merchandise selections.
Stocked retail shelves and set up various advertising displays.
Assisted customers with product information
Exciting and full of magic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San BrunoJune 12, 2015
Pros: We get a discount on our peruses
Cons: Doesn't pay much
Opening the store was great and easy, I learned that everyone place a big role, in the stores money flow. If every ones is helping customer we are going to sell merchandise. My co- workers were great, they like selling and are very friendly to customer which in sells that's great why because our Customers are our money. The hard part is reading customer minds. It hard when they have many ideas and don't pick one. Customers satisfaction of course. Feeling the joy of the Customer when he/she find what they were looking for or even better we give them ideas.
Very Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts on everything.
Cons: nothing bad to say
GREAT first job!
Everyday you meet new customers asking for help about a costume, or how to use a prop, or how to decorate something.
I learned a lot about props, costumes, setting up displays, catching the eye of the customer hanging stuff in the aisles.
Management was awesome. Every year I went back because it is a very fun and exciting job.
The hardest part of this is you have to remember it's only seasonal.
Every part of this job was enjoyable!
fun work place
Salesman (Former Employee), Warren, MIMay 22, 2015
Pros: dressing up, discounts, fun people to work with
Cons: standing on feet, customers stealing
The hardest part was to watch everyone some teenagers would go in there and steal what ever they could get their hands on so i had to keep a eye on them.