Halloween City

Halloween City Employer Reviews

Fun and Creative workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, MDOctober 16, 2014
Great temporary company. Loved the people that i worked with and all the wonderful customers that helped us through the season.
Fun Place to Work for Halloween Season
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, WAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: seasonal, no benefits
Halloween City is a fun place to work through the season. A lot of hard work is required for set up and break down of the store, but getting to know your fellow co-workers makes it a lot of fun.
Productive fun and scary
Crew (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIOctober 14, 2014
Pros: funnest time of the year
The only hard part of the job that got messy was the Fitting room for the costumes had to take every individual costume out of the package before the customer was aloud to try it on just in case any merchandise was stolen or damaged.
Halloween City
Associate (Current Employee), Raynham, MAOctober 14, 2014
Fun environment, only a temp store. Upper management shows you how to do things properly instead of complaining or demanding you redo things.
Funn
Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2014
• SUBWAY- MARCH 2010 TO FEBRUARY 2011
• Job Title: Cashier
• Address: 930 N Walnut Creek Dr. #800 Mansfield TX, 76063
• Duties: Exhibited cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
• Demonstrated a complete understanding of menu items and explained them to guests accurately.
• Uses Point of Sale system/cash register – more... to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collected payment from guests.
• Performed Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
• Prepared food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
• Checked products in sandwich unit area and restocked items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
• Understood and adhered to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
• Cleaned and maintained all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image.
• Understood and adhered to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
• Maintained a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
• Performed light paperwork duties as assigned.
HALLOWEEN CITY- OCTOBER 2009 TO NOVEMBER 2009
• Job Title: Cashier
• Address: Suite 300 Cooper Street Arlington TX, 76018
• Duties: Greeted customers and determined their needs and wants
• Discussed type, quality and number of merchandise required for purchase
• Recommended merchandise based on individual requirements
• Advised customers on utilization and care of merchandise
• Provided advice to clients regarding particular products or services
• Explained the use and advantage of merchandise to customers
• Answered customers’ queries and concerns
• Showed the live working of merchandise
• Quoted prices and discounts as well as credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
• Prepared sales contracts and accepted payment through cash, check and credit card
• Assisted in display of merchandise
• Maintained sales records for inventory control – less
Fun, seasonal job
Greeter/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Selden, NYOctober 9, 2014
Fun day every time on the job. I got to interact with all the different customers and help them in finding everything that was perfect for them.
Fun temporary position
General Manager (Former Employee), Peru, ILOctober 7, 2014
I was a general manager and I was able to use my strong communication skills to lead my employees during the fall season. I handled difficult situations and enjoyed the fast pace.
Seasonal
ASSITANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Columbus ohioOctober 3, 2014
Cons: not a very organized company
I will either open or close the store, train employees, hire employees, paperwork, bank runs, counting down the drawer, sending people on break, making drawers, help customers, help guide employees. The best part about the job is the people I work with and getting to help others. The worst part would probably be working weekends and nights.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Topanga, CAOctober 2, 2014
This job was very exciting. I interacted with different people each day from all ages, with different personalities and different needs of each customer. I enjoyed striving to make sure my customers were satisfied. This was a short seasonal job.
Productive and organized workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saginaw, MISeptember 26, 2014
Very well functioning store organized correctly. Productive systems keeping things moving.
Fun environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ellenton, FLSeptember 20, 2014
The environment was laid back and fun. I worked the cash register and assisted customers in fitting rooms as well as the sales floor. My co-workers and managers were very friendly.
Rewarding but demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Halloween City is a seasonal work environment meaning it is very fast paced, much more then a basic retail company. Every task is done in a crunch time and can easily be changed at any moment. I learned how to manage a team and help them grow together to make the store run smoothly.
Awesome seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Great for a holiday job, very flexible hours
Managers and supervisors were very nice
Great environment, fun work experience
fun place
Sales associate (Former Employee), Marysville, WASeptember 18, 2014
i love working with halloween store very fun and productive lots of work and learning new things everyday my favorite store
Fast environment, crazy hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: store discount.
Cons: short breaks, crazy hours, pay
The hours varied but I mostly worked night shifts or double shifts. I learned a lot but mostly how to build a store and tear it down. The hardest part of the job was working with a manager who didn't really understand how to distribute good work hours and would sometimes mess up the closing of the registers making us stay sometimes 30 minutes to an – more... hour later. It wouldn't have been bad if it had been once but this was multiple times. – less
Creative and entertaining place to work.
Seasonal Sales Floor Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: direct deposit, overtime and free pizza
Cons: costumes or products not soled by company.
A typical day at Halloween City wasn't like every day, the costumes kept me entertained and my attention up. I learned something everyday there almost including characters people admitted to being at parties and get-togethers'. The manager was a gal who had just as much work as the rest of us, though she was in charge of the money at the end of the – more... day and other material duties. My co-workers were funny and had something new up their sleeve every day. The hardest part of the entire experience was the clean up after Halloween was over. The most enjoyable part was seeing the costumes and dark scary stuff that have been in shows and movies. – less
Unorganized but to be expected
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 26, 2014
Very unorganized but to be expected since it is a seasonal store.
Fun and exciting.
Seasonal Work, Sales Floor, Stocking (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHAugust 19, 2014
You get to learn the ins and outs of a high demand seasonal job as well as the functions of the year round stores as well. The best part was helping customers find what they need for their budgets and just being around great workers and customers all day.
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: many challenges
Cons: seasonal
open store , balance safe review deposits, set up cashier drawers, assign tasks, review e-mails do a walk through to be sure everything is in order and to be aware of any issues that need attention. Check in all incoming merchandise and place orders as needed. greet all employees and assign them to the days tasks. hire as needed.,Train new employees, – more... oversee all activities involving the work place. At the end of the day make sure the store is ready to receive customers the next day. Balance safe, take deposits to the bank. Lock the store. – less
Great Place to Work
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 7, 2014
It was always fun to come to work. The company treated the employees right. Always made sure everyone was happy and enjoyed there job.

1 2 3 4 5