Halloween City Employee Reviews

Good for first-time experience
Seasonal Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Walpole, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Management was too laid back.
Long hours with no compensation beyond a paycheck.
Co-workers are 15-28.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after Halloween.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
fun team, easy environment
Cons
management was too laid back
ok to work for on temporary basis.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 17, 2016
Because owned by Party City you have no opportunity to advance. This is a seasonal job. Good people don't come here to work. Managers don't have ways to keep good workers. You come to work and are assigned an area to keep clean. You do it or you don't no one seems to care until we close. The employees are not knowledgable about the genres of costumes and have no skills in customer service. Management is there from Party City and they really don't care about this part of their job just having fun.
Pros
Customers want to be their
Cons
No benefits, no opportunity.
Alright place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
Not a whole lot to say.
Setting up the store was easy. Took a while, but was easy.
Only thing I learned was to work in a fast paced environment. Everything else was straight forward.
Management was bad though. Seemed like they were always out to get you. Always dinging you and chewing you out for things that weren't your fault. Like sales quotas.
They make no time for your personal life. My last day, after helping tearing down for 9 hours at two different locations, I was about to leave, and got yelled at because the GM forgot that I told him I had to leave, to go to school. Found out, while talking to my financial advisor (45 minutes later, after I left), that I had been fired/let go.
Hardest part of the job would be staying cool, calm, and collective, while getting chewed out, for no reason.
Most enjoyable part was working with customers, who were super nice. They always turn a bad day into a great day.
Cons
Lack of consideration for personal emergencies.
Fun Seasonal Position
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work included organizing and stocking the store floor with products. Also, assisting customers in finding or suggesting costumes and accessories. I have increased my social skills through communicating with customers. Management was a bit confusing. For a seasonal job, management changed five times. Some workers were very good people and excellent workers. The only hard part of the job was a personal problem that did not seem to affect anyone else. I enjoyed most aspects of this job, but interacting with customers was most enjoyable.
Productive and fun work place with great learning experiences
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work is managing tasks to Sales associates, customer service, problem solving, safe counts, marketing product, delegating corporate and market managers new tasks to my Assistant Managers and Sales associates. Handling important concerns and tasks expeditiously, properly and with delicacy.

What I learned is you can never stop learning. Everyday I went home with something new.

Communication between management was fine tuned in a short amount of time until everyone was on the same tune.

My co-workers have a lot of heart and spirit but they need a lot of moral support and inspiration at times which I was there for consultative support.

Hardest part of the job is reiterating to customers our strict no return policy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my sales associates and customers genuinely enjoying themselves in the store.
Fun Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 22, 2017
Halloween City was very easy to advance for and to gain much management knowledge. They allowed myself to come in at an asst manager position and leave in general manager position for 3 years. I enjoyed my seasonal work and was sad to see them not come back to my town.
Pros
FUN
Cons
NONE
Determination and the Big Picture is the key thought!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 5, 2016
In the beginning I thought oh this should be easy..oh boy was I wrong! I learned so many effective management styles and techniques. Being in such a laid back business environment taught me a lot about myself as well as how to delegate to my peers and people older than myself. I would have to say keeping a clear and calm head when things got crazy busy was a true test of character. In conclusion I enjoyed every bit of smiles and frowns and would do it again!
Fun place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 21, 2017
What a great place to work if you like the hustle of the holiday season. Loved seeing what was new for the year but didnt feel that they trained the newbies enough.
Pros
great discounts, fun products
Cons
Lack of management, not enough training
Productive & fun to work with children
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 2, 2017
i loved to work and meet new people. it was nothing like helping those parents put those smiles on the children's faces. as far as employers & management there, they were really great people
Great experience and work enviornment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 25, 2017
I had a great time working with Halloween City for the season. It was a great challenge and it was fun to learn something new and be able to apply it to other career opportunities.
Fun place to work
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 11, 2017
Excellent DM who was incredibly supportive and encouraging. Management was understanding and flexible while efficient and adhered to company guidlines
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Seasonal
Awesome Workplace
Stocker/ Retail Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 31, 2017
The management and staff were all respectful people to work with. Very little drama and everyone came in with positive attitude.
Halloween City fun!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work for me in Halloween City made my day bright full and fun. In Halloween City i learned how to stock and how to use the cashier. Management was not the best but i still did my best to complete every task i was assigned to. My co-workers were fun but also dramatic. In my opinion and experience i didn't have any hard things to do in this job, everything went smooth. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the little kids try on the costumes and get happy!
An Okay Enviornment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 9, 2017
it has very poor management. It was always a mess and the employees did as they pleased. Besides that, the company was hard to deal with and the training was unprofessional
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CANovember 8, 2016
It was a great place to work all co workers are very friendly. The managers were excellent. The typical day was up on your feet interacting with customers and answering questions.
Pros
Good management
Productive and Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MINovember 22, 2016
The job was okay. It kind of had poor management. I learned how to run cash and how to communicate with customers. The job environment was fun.
Productive and fun workplace with halloween costumes/accessories
Front-end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MI 48066December 1, 2016
Typical day at work would be me running the cash register, stocking costumes and accessories on the shelves/racks. Handling the floor( making sure customers are happy and get what they need/want and to make sure they are finding everything alright).
What I learned through Halloween city is team work is very important without your team a lot of things can't get done as fast as they should and would with a team. I learned how to deal with angry customers that can't return items or costumes for money.
My coworkers were very hardworking, laid back type of people. Made sure jobs was always done first before slacking off at work or taking a break or their lunch break.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the angry customers who didn't have patience, had an attitude with all my coworkers and manager.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the kids happy, trying on costumes, and how cute they looked with their costumes on. Seeing our customers walk out of the store with a smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Pros
discounts on costumes
Cons
angry customers
Happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 8, 2016
I made lots of close friends with the people I met at Halloween City that I will keep for my lifetime. My typical day at work always left a smile on my face. I learned how to help customers, and how to organize the work place. The management was happy and friendly, and I never had to be afraid of talking about difficulties in the workplace. My coworkers always cheered me up after a rough day at school, and we were a great team. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I couldn't work often enough, but that was what made my time there valuable. My most enjoyable part of the job was the way the children smiled when I helped them pick out the perfect costume.
Pros
Happy atmosphere, first job
Great experience Good seasonal job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 6, 2017
Halloween City is a really fun job and provided me needed work experience for my future. When I worked here I learned proper costumer service and gained valuable retail experience. I also learned how to operate a cash register and sale items to customers while communicating sales policies and offering donation options.
Pros
fun work enviroment and good work experience
Cons
week before Hallween is hecktic
fun and the best job wish it wasnt seasonal
Associate / FES (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I absolutely loved this. the coworkers are amazing and you get to have fun and towards halloween you can actually dress up for work and they work with you on scheduling and you wake up wanting to go to work everyday its like a hobby more than anything and the managers are awesome as well.
Pros
dress up, friendly, fun, exciting, etc
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2