Halloween City Employee Reviews

fun seasonal job
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 28, 2017
fun seasonal job to have not enough hours and the people are lazy .................................................................................................................. as long as you stay busy its okay not a company i would work for again the manager was selling drugs from the dressing rooms
Pros
discounts
Cons
lazy coworkers
Excellent
Cashier/Sales/loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 26, 2017
A great place to start, I was 15 when I had my first job with their competitor and I sought out seasonal retail ever since. This type of placement is great in learning how to work with a team, store presentation, and assisting difficult guest's needs such as school dress codes. I was always good with the managers in that I volunteered to do the taks that 'nobody' likes such as dressing room and aisle clean-up.
Pros
First pick of favorite items
Cons
Gets messy, but after all that's why they pay you!
Fun place to be at
temporary/part time sale floor associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2017
Note: I worked at a temporary location that was strictly Halloween City, not Party City. I loved working there, due to my age I was technically not allowed to move up at all, which I did not mind. I loved being on the floor and helping people find costumes and accessories. I felt like such a valued team member that my input was not only heard, but we actually did some of what I suggested. We were also allowed to wear costumes while working so long it was appropriate, who wouldn't want to do that?
Pros
Fun place, balanced days
Cons
Limited time to work
Great environment
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 23, 2017
For my first job it was a great experience, with helpful management. Job requires a lot of standing as you will assist guest when available or maintaining the store.
Great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJune 15, 2017
Super fun place to work for a seasonal job. People are friendly and very helpful. If looking for a first time cashier job this would be a good place to go to.
Fun environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Halloween City. The management was so nice and understandable with school. I love working here because the coworkers were nice and it had great music and good energy.
Pros
Great management and fun environment
Enjoyable Seasonal Employment
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 12, 2017
Am looking forward to any and every seasonal employment offered to me through this company. This companies easy up and down workforce I found very enjoyable. From zero customers and building as workload to endless customers and accounting for tens of thousands of dollars I found this employer to be one of the greats on how they treat there employees whom are devoted.
Pros
Customer Engagement
Cons
Seasonal
Fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2017
Everyday was a new fun task. Some days we were able to dress up in different costumes. The computers like to crash on you but I think it was a pretty good experience.
Good first job experience
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 6, 2017
This seasonal experience taught me the basics of what a typical retail job is like. A typical day at work was working on the cash register and making sure that customers were properly assisted.
I hate retail but it paid well for the work
General Employee/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
As a pop up store, it didn't get a whole lot of love. We were using dated systems and the customers left the place a mess. It could get incredibly boring when things got slow and there was a never ending pile of things to put away
Pros
Lunch breaks, friendly work environment
Cons
Messy environment
Very good environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 1, 2017
It was temporary but the management was great! Always kept a very positive environment. Made sure you knew your work was appreciated. Overall a great experience.
Pros
good environment
Cons
A good place to work for my first retail job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 18, 2017
The job was steady and easy going. My manager was really nice but didn't let that get in the way of her managing skills. Along with my manager, my co-workers were also nice people and very helpful when there was something I didn't know.
Pros
I had nice co-workers
Cons
The job was temporary
Halloween city was a fun experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 17, 2017
Halloween city helped me with my communication skills, also helped me manage money at the register at a quick pace. I would recommend anyone to work here around that time
very relaxing work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMay 16, 2017
I loved working here. The job wasn't hard, and the coworkers were all friendly. Helping people find there costumes was always a fun experience. I would recommend any high school teens for this position.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
seasonal job
Halloween City Review
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 16, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. This was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had in my life. I was a cashier there and I started working over time since I loved it so much. We were basically one big family there.
Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 13, 2017
Halloween City was a fun place to work. It was busy and the employees were great. You open and close the store and do all the merchandising and set up.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Temp store, travel to other stores
My first job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMay 7, 2017
As my first job, Halloween city gave me a great introduction into the work force. I enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. I felt It was a nice environment and clean environment.
It was easy to work
Floor Runner/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NY 14094May 6, 2017
My manager was able to work with other employers to get things to work and do as told from his manager. I have his contact as someone to say good things about how good of a worker i am when placed at another job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
only a few hours
Bad job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2017
Manager of my store stole money from the safe and tried to blame another worker. Manager got caught in act and left. 2 people left while i worked there and only one person was hired back on.
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
Bad management
out of busness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
i don't think they have any more because they were absorbed by party city at least here in Fort Worth.................................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2