Halloween City Employee Reviews

Great experience Good seasonal job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 6, 2017
Halloween City is a really fun job and provided me needed work experience for my future. When I worked here I learned proper costumer service and gained valuable retail experience. I also learned how to operate a cash register and sale items to customers while communicating sales policies and offering donation options.
Pros
fun work enviroment and good work experience
Cons
week before Hallween is hecktic
Fun Seasonal Position
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work included organizing and stocking the store floor with products. Also, assisting customers in finding or suggesting costumes and accessories. I have increased my social skills through communicating with customers. Management was a bit confusing. For a seasonal job, management changed five times. Some workers were very good people and excellent workers. The only hard part of the job was a personal problem that did not seem to affect anyone else. I enjoyed most aspects of this job, but interacting with customers was most enjoyable.
fun and the best job wish it wasnt seasonal
Associate / FES (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I absolutely loved this. the coworkers are amazing and you get to have fun and towards halloween you can actually dress up for work and they work with you on scheduling and you wake up wanting to go to work everyday its like a hobby more than anything and the managers are awesome as well.
Pros
dress up, friendly, fun, exciting, etc
Cons
Fun helping people be anything they wanted.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 2, 2017
Even though this was a seasonal job I really enjoyed. It was hard work but so much enjoyment. Went from building a temporary store to selling within a week or two. To helping people be anything that they want to be. After Halloween was over packing it away for next year.
Pros
The look on peoples faces.
Cons
That it wasn't longer.
Best seasonal job I've had
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 25, 2016
The managers that were hired did well to do their jobs and help any way they could. They didn't just supervised, they helped on the floor, at the registers, cleaning up at the end of the night. Fast money and easy work if you've worked with registers before and have cleaned.
Pros
Co-workers were easy to get along with, managers helped out, communication was consistent
Cons
Only seasonal (I love Halloween!)
ok to work for on temporary basis.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 17, 2016
Because owned by Party City you have no opportunity to advance. This is a seasonal job. Good people don't come here to work. Managers don't have ways to keep good workers. You come to work and are assigned an area to keep clean. You do it or you don't no one seems to care until we close. The employees are not knowledgable about the genres of costumes and have no skills in customer service. Management is there from Party City and they really don't care about this part of their job just having fun.
Pros
Customers want to be their
Cons
No benefits, no opportunity.
Creative Staff selling crazy cheap scary products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Working at Halloween City allowed me to be myself creatively and professionally. The location was close to home and the staff were amazing. We had difficult times, but it wasn't anything teamwork couldn't fix. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Close to home location, creative store
Cons
Low pay, temporary position
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be on and off. Some days it would be busy and other days it won't be busy. On a busy day, my position is to be at the register, making sure the customers are helped and on a not busy day, I would be making sure the store is clean and everything was in the right order
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short breaks
Determination and the Big Picture is the key thought!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 5, 2016
In the beginning I thought oh this should be easy..oh boy was I wrong! I learned so many effective management styles and techniques. Being in such a laid back business environment taught me a lot about myself as well as how to delegate to my peers and people older than myself. I would have to say keeping a clear and calm head when things got crazy busy was a true test of character. In conclusion I enjoyed every bit of smiles and frowns and would do it again!
Good for first-time experience
Seasonal Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Walpole, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Management was too laid back.
Long hours with no compensation beyond a paycheck.
Co-workers are 15-28.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after Halloween.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
fun team, easy environment
Cons
management was too laid back
Fun Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 22, 2017
Halloween City was very easy to advance for and to gain much management knowledge. They allowed myself to come in at an asst manager position and leave in general manager position for 3 years. I enjoyed my seasonal work and was sad to see them not come back to my town.
Pros
FUN
Cons
NONE
Fun enviroment to work in, family friendly, great memories
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 4, 2016
Family friendly environment, was a fun time helping out families get matching Halloween Costumes. Reminded me a lot of my family which made it that much easier to be in that atmosphere. All the different selections and designs were pretty cool to look at and critique.
Pros
steady schedule
Cons
not year around
this job is great for fast cash
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2016
The employees are great and clean and respectful i loved working here had to stock and run cShier watch customers help customers and handle the fitting room and always be happy smile and be happy . fast work pace and keep store clean at all times
Pros
meet great people fast cash
Cons
not enough days and hours
Fun Environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 23, 2016
For anyone that loves Halloween this would be the place to work. Always receiving new freight and there are always interesting props to go through. Interacting with the customers is definitely a fun part of the job, because you get to see their personalities come out with the costumes that they purchase.
It was a very fun job! Everybody got along!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 22, 2017
Halloween City was a very good choice for my first job! I met a lot of new people, and it was an overall fun working environment! I learned how to work a cash register, and I learned a lot about costumer service!
Cons
No health care, seasonal.
Fun place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 21, 2017
What a great place to work if you like the hustle of the holiday season. Loved seeing what was new for the year but didnt feel that they trained the newbies enough.
Pros
great discounts, fun products
Cons
Lack of management, not enough training
Fun seasonal job
Cashier-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMarch 19, 2017
This job was amazing. Halloween is my favorite holiday. The other workers were so fun and we got to dress up daily! Over time I did really well on the registers and that became my duty every shift. I love interacting with people.
Overall Great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Probably one of the best first jobs for teens I believe you have to be at least 16 to work there but for the few years I did it, it was fun!
Pros
Starts basic Customer Service Skills
Cons
Stocking and Restocking for a store only open for 4 months
Overall nice but some higher management could use more direction
Wilkes Barre (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PAJanuary 22, 2017
The store itself was great, the boss of the store manager ( regional manager ) was .. I'd say not cut out for the job to put it nicely. Things were a bit chaotic at times due to his selfishness.
Fun place to work
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 3, 2016
I enjoy working as General Manager and Interim Market Manager for Halloween City but for six years they have been promising a year round position to both me and my supervisor but at the end of the year they no longer have that opening because the funding from the company is not there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2